Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,260 members, 7,780,573 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:45 PM

2014 Budget: South West Neglects In The Allocation Of The Projects - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2014 Budget: South West Neglects In The Allocation Of The Projects (2434 Views)

Budget: South-West Gets Lion’s Share Of Projects / PDP Chieftain Criticizes Buhari Over Allocation Of N39.4bn For Oil Exploration / What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2014 Budget: South West Neglects In The Allocation Of The Projects by Ayekotoo(m): 1:14pm On Dec 31, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Why pick on only the budget of ministry of water resources? What about railways, road construction, power, etc?

Even in water resources, projects cannot just be divided based on geopolitical zones. Due to paucity of funds, projects should be prioritized to areas of highest impact. We all know that the north is the food basket of the nation and as such will naturally have more need for dams. Also, the north has more problem of acute water shortages. So politics aside, it is easy to understand why dams and other water facilities are concentrated in the north.
what has the president done for the yorubas since he assumed office? The Lagos- Abeokuta is still in comatose, Idiroko road via AGBARA is worrisome, lagos- Ibadan expressway is turned to political road, Ilesha- Ore road is unspeakable etc. what about the power supply, federal higher education, Agriculture, and many more?
Re: 2014 Budget: South West Neglects In The Allocation Of The Projects by mayorall(m): 2:31pm On Dec 31, 2013
Ayekotoo:
what has the president done since he assumed offuce? The Lagos- Abeokuta is still in comatose, Idiroko road via AGBARA is worrisome, lagos- Ibadan expressway is turned to political road, Ilesha- Ore road is unspeakable etc. what about the power supply, federal higher education, Agriculture, and many more?

I wonder o. And they are shouting GEJ till 2019. You betrayed me once shame on you, you betrayed me twice shame on me. South West will never allow GEJ to betray them the second time. E gbagbe oshi.

1 Like

Re: 2014 Budget: South West Neglects In The Allocation Of The Projects by DerideGull(m): 2:45pm On Dec 31, 2013
customized13: AS the presidency is addressing claims of marginalisation in federal appointments by the South West, the zone may be facing a new form of discrimination, going by the proposed details in some ministries in 2014 budget.
A breakdown of new projects proposed by the Federal Ministry of Water Resources, which was obtained by the Nigerian Tribune, showed the South West largely neglected in the allocation of the projects, compared with other five geopolitical zones.
Analysis of capital projects of about N30 billion proposed by the ministry showed the three zones of the North taking the lion share of over 80 per cent, while with three southern zones competed with 20 per cent, of which South-West had less than two per cent.
Of over 30 new irrigation projects proposed in the 2014 budget, only two were located in the South West.
The two, lower and middle Ogun, however, had only design funding of less than N10 million, in contrast to similar new irrigation projects in Kaduna, Kano and Yobe, to which over N1.2 billion was allocated.
Of the 41 new earth dam projects proposed by the ministry, South West had only one at Ile-Ife, Osun State, with about 75 per cent of the dams located in the North, while the old Eastern region had the rest.
Further checks showed that while the Ile-Ife dam had only N100 million allocated to it, similar projects located in the Middle Belt and core North had between N250 million to over N500 million allocated to them in the next fiscal year.
The South West was not only neglected in the areas of irrigation and new dams, the region was also shortchanged in town/city water projects, as there was no allocation to the region in the over 40 new water works projects in the country. A check showed the North being the major beneficiary of the projects, followed by the South-South and the South East.
Northern cities benefitting from the water works projects included Talata Marafa, Takum, Gombe, Biu, Zungeru, Langtang, Damaturu, Uguru, Bulkashuwa, among others. While the reasons for the lopsidedness was not clear, the proposal is, however, subject to review by the relevant committees of the two chambers of the National Assembly.
Minister of Water Resources, Mrs Sarah Ochekpe, it will be recalled, is from Plateau State, while the Permanent Secretary of the ministry, Alhaji Baba Ahmed, is a royal prince from Bauchi State.
www.osundefender.org/?p=140685

As far as I am concerned, SW is North and North is equally Southwest. Why should SW complain when every political thuggery in Nigeria by the North has been doggedly supported by the SW.
Re: 2014 Budget: South West Neglects In The Allocation Of The Projects by akins56(m): 2:51pm On Dec 31, 2013
lol, gej thought, by executing massive projects in the northern part of nigeria, they will change their mind and overwhelmling vote for him,,can some 1 tell him he is on a looooong thin!
Re: 2014 Budget: South West Neglects In The Allocation Of The Projects by Dhelake: 2:54pm On Dec 31, 2013
I laugh at all this Iboboys claiming u have houses in Lagos... I pity una ooo... all of Una go go back to una village empty handed when the country explodes come 2015
Re: 2014 Budget: South West Neglects In The Allocation Of The Projects by Dhelake: 2:55pm On Dec 31, 2013
akins56: lol, gej thought, by executing massive projects in the northern part of nigeria, they will change their mind and overwhelmling vote for him,,can some 1 tell him he is on a looooong thin!
No Mind am na so he mumu reach
Re: 2014 Budget: South West Neglects In The Allocation Of The Projects by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:56pm On Dec 31, 2013
DerideGull:

As far as I am concerned, SW is North and North is equally Southwest. Why should SW complain when every political thuggery in Nigeria by the North has been doggedly supported by the SW.
DementedGull, as usual you always show how deluded you are.
Re: 2014 Budget: South West Neglects In The Allocation Of The Projects by DerideGull(m): 2:57pm On Dec 31, 2013
Dhelake: I laugh at all this Iboboys claiming u have houses in Lagos... I pity una ooo... all of Una go go back to una village empty handed when the country explodes come 2015

I guess you do not wish to become a refugee.

1 Like

Re: 2014 Budget: South West Neglects In The Allocation Of The Projects by DerideGull(m): 3:02pm On Dec 31, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
DementedGull, as usual you always show how deluded you are.

Orlando Olodo

The issue is beyond your intellectual pedigree. There is no measure that will allow your psychotic skull to assimilate the ingredients of the discussion. You remain a pitiable dunce, ode.
Re: 2014 Budget: South West Neglects In The Allocation Of The Projects by nduchucks: 3:02pm On Dec 31, 2013
Only a fool will complain about marginalization because irrigation projects were not planned for or initiated in the rain forest. Tribalists mumus.
Re: 2014 Budget: South West Neglects In The Allocation Of The Projects by DerideGull(m): 3:24pm On Dec 31, 2013
ndu_chucks: Only a fool will complain about marginalization because irrigation projects were not planned for or initiated in the rain forest. Tribalists mumus.

Mr. Chucks,

I know you seemed to be peeved because of introduction of tribal bias to the budget issues however most natural weather conditions do not discriminate against irrigation. grin grin grin
Re: 2014 Budget: South West Neglects In The Allocation Of The Projects by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jan 02, 2014
Christy G: who is asking for ur life history,how does that change anything.u know nothing.2015 is very close.lets just watch and see
Femi did ask, and I know what I'm talking about thanks...
Yes let 2015 reach quick, I'm waiting earnestly, and that's why I typed
12 months to go - GEJ till 2019

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Cant Muslims Respect The Cultures Of Other People? Read This. / Nigerians No 1 Most Friendly Vice President Yemi Osinbajo<pics> / Attack On Buhari Is An Attack On Islam: Imam Sadiq

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.