Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,208 members, 7,807,703 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

What To Expect From BBM In 2014: New Features, New Friends And More - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What To Expect From BBM In 2014: New Features, New Friends And More (28271 Views)

Whatsapp Rolls Out New Features / How To Downgrade From BBM 8.0.0.94 Back To Old Version / Glo Friends And Family Activation Code? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Expect From BBM In 2014: New Features, New Friends And More by Kelvindwaplord(m): 8:22am On Dec 31, 2013
Few months ago , BBM was launched for both android and ios platforms . Ever since then blackberry has been working hard to improve its users interface. Here are some features that will be launched on BBM next year.

•BBM Voice On iPhone And Android :

this is a new feature that is expected to feature in BBM's next update. With this features , BBM users will be able to make voice calls , just like skype. This is Just another way that BBM helps to bring you together with people when you can’t be there in person – without having to pay long distance charges.

•Ability To Share Your BBM Voice Notes :

BBM chats happen fast – so fast it’s like you’re there in the same room. Now you can share just about anything with that same speed. Share photos in a snap, send a voice note with just one touch and more. And get this, you can even share your location, live, for a limited time with any contact you choose. When the timer runs out your location is private again. Perfect for when you’re meeting up with friends, stuck in traffic or lost at a concert. (Not that that’s ever happened to me ☺.)

•New BBM Channels :

This is another unique feature blackberry plans to add to its BBM Interface. With new BBM channels , you'ld be able to join conversations outside your contact list. According To Blackberry ,

BBM Channels are a great way to join conversations happening with the BBM community beyond your contact list. By creating your own channel you can start conversations sparked by your thoughts, ideas and passions. Subscribing to a BBM channel lets you join conversations with others who share your interests. Already there are tons of great channels from Tim Hortons (C00121F5C) to Mercedes-Benz (C0009C84D) to the Toronto Raptors (C000171E7), and my personal favorite, Through my Lens (C00019476). And more are coming online every week. I find BBM Channels is a great way to make new Contacts as well.

•New And Improved Emoticons :

Alot have been said about BBM not havin cool emoticons and blackberry is working round the clock to ensure that its next BBM update comes with unique emoticons. With new emoticons , you can now enjoy your chats and express your emotions and feelings with your friends.

So Thats it! , those are the new features we should expect in BBM's next update.

Culled From: DAILYTECHMEDIA

8 Likes

Re: What To Expect From BBM In 2014: New Features, New Friends And More by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 31, 2013
Nice concept!!

1 Like

Re: What To Expect From BBM In 2014: New Features, New Friends And More by Nobody: 8:37am On Dec 31, 2013
very onpoint.. nice,
Re: What To Expect From BBM In 2014: New Features, New Friends And More by Justiyke4u: 8:39am On Dec 31, 2013
The ideas are great but dat of bbm voice is where bbm credit comes in
Re: What To Expect From BBM In 2014: New Features, New Friends And More by abiolag(m): 9:00am On Dec 31, 2013
Hope dis won't make d subscription fee higher because many people will make calls wit it using data dan using airtime
but patiently waiting for it
Re: What To Expect From BBM In 2014: New Features, New Friends And More by Lionbite(m): 11:54am On Dec 31, 2013
With newer updates, the rate at which MB go burn ehn?

3 Likes

Re: What To Expect From BBM In 2014: New Features, New Friends And More by Nobody: 1:43pm On Dec 31, 2013
NOTHING GOES FOR NOTHING.

1 Like

Re: What To Expect From BBM In 2014: New Features, New Friends And More by Zammydagreat(m): 4:50pm On Dec 31, 2013
4ck BBM is getting boring cos of all diz f4ckd up tecno users

4 Likes

Re: What To Expect From BBM In 2014: New Features, New Friends And More by codedflowz(m): 5:01pm On Dec 31, 2013
cool cool
Re: What To Expect From BBM In 2014: New Features, New Friends And More by simplemach(m): 10:51pm On Dec 31, 2013
Whatever
Re: What To Expect From BBM In 2014: New Features, New Friends And More by mrborntodoit: 10:55pm On Dec 31, 2013
BBM for Life.
#TeamBlackBerry#

12 Likes

Re: What To Expect From BBM In 2014: New Features, New Friends And More by rattlesnake(m): 10:56pm On Dec 31, 2013
one lady in romance section said tecno bbm users are making life difficult for her.....d worse is yet to come dear

1 Like

Re: What To Expect From BBM In 2014: New Features, New Friends And More by lilTunechi(m): 10:58pm On Dec 31, 2013
Zammydagreat: 4ck BBM is getting boring cos of all diz f4ckd up tecno users
Stop Hating Homes

4 Likes

Re: What To Expect From BBM In 2014: New Features, New Friends And More by semele001(m): 10:58pm On Dec 31, 2013
Am alredy enjoying it...
Re: What To Expect From BBM In 2014: New Features, New Friends And More by oluxy(m): 10:59pm On Dec 31, 2013
Gradually I will be 1st to comment someday
Re: What To Expect From BBM In 2014: New Features, New Friends And More by Chukwuemeka007(m): 10:59pm On Dec 31, 2013
waiting anxiously for these and more to come
Re: What To Expect From BBM In 2014: New Features, New Friends And More by kekakuz(m): 11:00pm On Dec 31, 2013
what is a bbm

1 Like

Re: What To Expect From BBM In 2014: New Features, New Friends And More by steffans(m): 11:01pm On Dec 31, 2013
after dropping my curve 2 to join d android world... I have spent more than 7k buying data on Etisalat air tel and mtn... in 2 months... dats just on d high side and d mb dey finish...

well am going back to BlackBerry in 2014... probably a z10 or z30 even if na 3k for bes or bis.. I will prefer it...
#teamblackberry

17 Likes

Re: What To Expect From BBM In 2014: New Features, New Friends And More by Blessmira: 11:01pm On Dec 31, 2013
Dats going to be Luvly cheesy
Re: What To Expect From BBM In 2014: New Features, New Friends And More by emalek86(m): 11:02pm On Dec 31, 2013
p cryicture it didnt happen
Re: What To Expect From BBM In 2014: New Features, New Friends And More by olorunthobby(f): 11:02pm On Dec 31, 2013
What's app all the way... kiss

#TEAM_WHAT'S APP

°█┼█┼███┼███┼███┼█┼█°
°█┼█┼█┼█┼█┼█┼█┼█┼█┼█°
°███┼███┼███┼███┼███°
°█┼█┼█┼█┼█┼┼┼█┼┼┼┼█•°
°█┼█┼█┼█┼█┼┼┼█┼┼┼┼█•° °•.¸"̮¸.•°♥°•.¸.•°♥°•.¸"̮¸.•°
°•.██┼┼█┼███┼█┼┼┼█.•°
°•.███┼█┼█┼┼┼█┼┼┼█.•°
°•.█████┼███┼█┼█┼█.•°
°•.█┼███┼█┼┼┼█┼█┼█.•°
°•.█┼┼██┼███┼██┼██.•° °•.¸"̮¸.•°♥°•.¸.•°♥°•.¸"̮¸.•°
°•.█┼█┼███┼███┼███.•°
°•.█┼█┼█┼┼┼█┼█┼█┼█.•°
°•.███┼███┼███┼██¸¸.•°
°•.┼█┼┼█┼┼┼█┼█┼█┼█¸.•°
°•.┼█┼┼███┼█┼█┼█┼██•° °•.¸"̮¸.•°♥°•.¸.•°♥°•.¸"̮¸.•°
°•.¸███┼███┼██┼█┼█¸.•°
°•.¸┼┼█┼█┼█┼┼█┼█┼█¸.•°
°•.¸███┼█┼█┼┼█┼███¸.•°
°•.¸█┼┼┼█┼█┼┼█┼┼┼█¸.•°
°•.¸███┼███┼███┼┼█¸.•

2 Likes

Re: What To Expect From BBM In 2014: New Features, New Friends And More by Nobody: 11:04pm On Dec 31, 2013
front page tins..
too little too late for BBM
Re: What To Expect From BBM In 2014: New Features, New Friends And More by PRODUTIM1(m): 11:04pm On Dec 31, 2013
Shall be expecting it
Re: What To Expect From BBM In 2014: New Features, New Friends And More by bitterpenis(m): 11:05pm On Dec 31, 2013
Ok! I dey wait
Re: What To Expect From BBM In 2014: New Features, New Friends And More by WaleFolarin: 11:05pm On Dec 31, 2013
Re: What To Expect From BBM In 2014: New Features, New Friends And More by Nightshift(m): 11:06pm On Dec 31, 2013
BlackBerry just made over $4 billion loss . Can such a company with less than 5% market share of smartphones sales in developed economies survive its misfortune?
Re: What To Expect From BBM In 2014: New Features, New Friends And More by emmawiz: 11:11pm On Dec 31, 2013
Till den!
Re: What To Expect From BBM In 2014: New Features, New Friends And More by MiloRambaldi(m): 11:11pm On Dec 31, 2013
Nightshift: BlackBerry just made over $4 billion loss . Can such a company with less than 5% market share of smartphones sales in developed economies survive its misfortune?

They can, in software. Hence the shift to BBM and other enterprise software offerings, to offset low hardware sales.

2 Likes

Re: What To Expect From BBM In 2014: New Features, New Friends And More by Big4wig(m): 11:13pm On Dec 31, 2013
___/TAXI\___
[___(o)___(o)_]-
This taxi is collecting every- one I love. Please jump in. Its on the way to 2014,...

4 Likes

Re: What To Expect From BBM In 2014: New Features, New Friends And More by mrsuperswag(m): 11:15pm On Dec 31, 2013
if only my rim can upgrade bb for heavy games. bt stil bb data plan is d best tin dat happened to dis world.4eva wit my bb.if only my rim can upgrade bb for heavy games. bt stil bb data plan is d best tin dat happened to dis world.4eva wit my bb.if only my rim can upgrade bb for heavy games. bt stil bb data plan is d best tin dat happened to dis world.4eva wit my bb.

2 Likes

Re: What To Expect From BBM In 2014: New Features, New Friends And More by eluquenson(m): 11:16pm On Dec 31, 2013
Wise development from RIM

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Telegram Messenger Is Better Than Whatsapp / Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This / Whatsapp Group Admin Lands In Jail For Spreading Fake News.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.