Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! - Technology Market (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! (71942 Views)

How To Identify Fake Samsung Charger *photos / New Samsung Galaxy S4 Is On Sale Now / New Samsung Galaxy S4 Is Now On Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Seezzy(m): 6:55pm On Jan 01, 2014
null
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 01, 2014
Seezzy: https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?topic=1576021&post=20593506

WTF, this has nothing to do with the topic
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by emeritus00(m): 6:59pm On Jan 01, 2014
I sed I returned it afta usin 4 days... am nau usin s3
pc guru:

post the pix of the samsung S4 with the OS on, also how long have you been using Android
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Nairaboi(m): 6:59pm On Jan 01, 2014
kayswag100:

Sir, I totally disagree with u. How on God's earth would u dare to say 'sometyms a used lasts longer than new' ? On what f&*ing basis?

Any phone you buy depends on the way u use it.

answer this cheap question. Does a used phone have warranty?

oga, you can always demand for an exchange if your brand new has manufacturing defaults.
. . . u got it all wrong sir. a used fone can last longer than a new one in terms of this discourse. when a company releases a fone, it an entrant into the market and they try as much as possible to make sure the do things rite. but afta that they mess up by creating not so strong ones since they have made a name already. y i say this is because i have used a uk used bold 2 and i swear u can compare it to the others that had released date two years afta d one i got. mine was way stronger

2 Likes

Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Melahou(m): 6:59pm On Jan 01, 2014
moonraker:

My friend, no pictures, no case, period!
Must you use pictures to learn. The OP says its hard to differentiate yet you are lukin for pics.
Beta grow up

1 Like

Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by youngbilly1: 7:01pm On Jan 01, 2014
ewizard1: Hmmm!!!
When it comes to Android, only ones who knows what to look out for would fish d original. Camera Resolution, Memory and Some stock apps can help you fish it out.

For someone asking how London Used Phone can better New...
An inported London used Phone would last than the New shipped into Nigeria cos it said they manufacture device to best standard if ita to be sold in their country, which means you can neva compare it to the ones Manufactured to be brought to Nigeria.
For example.. A london used AT&T branded Phone would last longer than a New one.

@Jereyz Samsung has the most clones because its the device in town and the china peeps know people are rushing to have one.
If Tecno wasnt from China, there would have been millions of the clone cos they know say naija peeps fo larimo like mad
God bless you this new year

2 Likes

Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by ewizard1: 7:03pm On Jan 01, 2014
Incase you need Used S3 2gb RAM/LTE
Here
www.nairaland.com/1535204/used-samsung-galaxy-s3-lte
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jan 01, 2014
youngbilly1:
God nawa o why some fools like this just few nairaland sef. The name is the same, same battery, same air gesture thing, same shape, same OS, same everything only the picture quality and the storage capacity. There're not only one fake version of S4 get it in your head, there one that its S4 but when you remove the battery and turn it to the other side you see the name "sinsung".

Don't call me a fool i only said that's BS, and obviously its china they have the same name of what they are imitating, what am saying is no matter how much they bear the same name, the quality of the printing or material used can never be the same,so the OS carries the same Product ID Code, every Android OS shows the Product and Model Code which can't be faked. next time you come across this "fake samsung" snap a pix for us, its possible you can't spot a fake
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 01, 2014
What am saying is this can't be faked

and if it can which i doubt then that's a tough copy to crack
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Adamskuty(m): 7:06pm On Jan 01, 2014
Pls are we really in 2014?
I thought nigeria will be no more by today,what da'fuq went wrong grin
let's discuss about this sudden change of plan here

https://www.nairaland.com/1576550/really-2014
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jan 01, 2014
youngbilly1: Am suprised no one or company is to be trusted in Nigeria, a friend of mine was at ikeja and bought a used Samsung S4 at Affordables Phone,i gave him my trust about the company but to my suprised they sold him fake korea S4 for N65k. On getting there for a refund we couldn't get a refund but we picked another phone.

Where am driving at is when we checked other stores for the New Samsung S4 it was the same korea Version so we moved to SLOT, we got to slot check the phone out it was original in the display cool! on getting home charging and turning it on it turned out to be a korea version WTF! We complain and they changed it for us. I wanna let everyone here know how to spot a fake S4 and the Original, pls don't be deceived by anyone, both the fake and real looks alike software wise and hardware wise and even the pack.

How to spot a fake S4
1. The camera has a poor quality, when you check the pixel it stops at 8mega pixel while the original is 13mega pixel.

2. The fake has Voice Search instead of S Voice

3. The memory of the fake S4 is 1.8gb instead of 16gb like the original.

4. The screen resolution is poor.

5. If you are buying a used S4 goto samsung office and see the features and resolution of the S4 then you can compare what you're buying when you get to computer village.

Cheers.

thanks for the enlightment
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jan 01, 2014
hmmmmmm after looking at some pix on Google i think they might be right lemme post some pix, these are actually convincing shots.
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by redcap: 7:09pm On Jan 01, 2014
Well,you bought a refurbished phone,high copy from china can be easily spotted.AFFORDABLEs is notorious for this.
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by ewizard1: 7:10pm On Jan 01, 2014
youngbilly1: God bless you this new year
Amen and you too sir!
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by emeritus00(m): 7:10pm On Jan 01, 2014
Bro... xcept u av used d fone b4 u cnt differentiate d fake frm original even if u av read everitin abt dem online bcs al d specs u read ar dere 2 c. They exactly d same in terms of software and hardware. The grapics of s3 is almost d same wit original s3 wit al d functions bt s4 graphics is nt as sharp as original bcs of it high resolutn.
pc guru: I can spot a fake Samsung S4 even with my eyes closed, but come on even looking at the OS is a give away, the day i buy a fake product that is a phone, i will end my life. How can you not know unless you don't know your phone well
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jan 01, 2014
But this one is so easy to spot, Samsung uses a certain font and even the notification of samsung's touchwiz is very unique
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by IdJack(m): 7:12pm On Jan 01, 2014
thanks for d info...I ve bookmark diz page since I am going for ma Samsung s 4 tomorrow
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by ewizard1: 7:13pm On Jan 01, 2014
Another fast one to spot...

The camera module... Not the camera app.
Look closely at the camera (That tiny wine reddish lens color) China uses a kind of dumb camera like dat.

Might share pictures of what I'm saying.
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 01, 2014
emeritus00: Bro... xcept u av used d fone b4 u cnt differentiate d fake frm original even if u av read everitin abt dem online bcs al d specs u read ar dere 2 c. They exactly d same in terms of software and hardware. The grapics of s3 is almost d same wit original s3 wit al d functions bt s4 graphics is nt as sharp as original bcs of it high resolutn.

As a developer i got to see and play with lots of Android devices even the China ones, no matter how much its been faked, one thing they can never fake is the OS, which i will definetely open to test, God Forbid am paying 95k and can't open the phone to test, you should always remember China Phones are China Phones meaning inferior products, they will obviously use something of a poorer quality, if i ever come across a china phone which emulates everything in a phone from scree, to graphic card to memory then i might as well use the china version grin
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by emeritus00(m): 7:19pm On Jan 01, 2014
4 dis pix.. its easy 2 spot bt d 1i bot dt tym was as exactly as s4. The led indicator on d left up beside engraved samsung in white samsung s3 and s4 is nt visible bt d pix u showed its visible. Its only visible wen its blinkin...
pc guru: But this one is so easy to spot, Samsung uses a certain font and even the notification of samsung's touchwiz is very unique
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jan 01, 2014
yeah even the colors in the other one look sharper and brighter anyway sha let's try to educate ourselves on how to spot fake and original because i have been a victim of buying fake graphic cards and i know how it hurts to lose good earned cash.
http://www.androidauthority.com/beware-fake-samsung-galaxy-s4-239366/
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by emeritus00(m): 7:23pm On Jan 01, 2014
Dts wot I sed dt xcept u ar very familiar wit it... bt 4 person dt jst cin it on go or read abt it online... its gona b dificult
pc guru:

As a developer i got to see and play with lots of Android devices even the China ones, no matter how much its been faked, one thing they can never fake is the OS, which i will definetely open to test, God Forbid am paying 95k and can't open the phone to test, you should always remember China Phones are China Phones meaning inferior products, they will obviously use something of a poorer quality, if i ever come across a china phone which emulates everything in a phone from scree, to graphic card to memory then i might as well use the china version grin
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jan 01, 2014
pc guru: What am saying is this can't be faked

and if it can which i doubt then that's a tough copy to crack
which rom are you on??

1 Like

Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jan 01, 2014
no that's an image from Google, am no longer an Android user anymore WP8 but my Samsung Original Tab 2 was on 4.2 Jelly bean i think
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Ilaje44(m): 7:31pm On Jan 01, 2014
Bandit C.:
Isn't Samsung a korean company. What is with the "fake" korean remarks?

Or are there now two Samsung companies in Korea, one real and one fake?

My guy, the fake Samsung you bought isn't from Korea but China.

Next time, learn how to read phone specs properly to even understand what you are attempting to buy.

I don't know about Nigeria but all mobile phone retailers always have an exemplar of the phones they sell on display for customers so that they can go through it before purchasing.

If they display something different from what customers receive in sealed packets, then it's a crime.

You are probably not familiar with Nigeria. It is a crime infested place. Trust is a virtue that is really hard to get in Nigeria. Those who shout God the loudest would be the one to scam you. They will still have the effrontery to go "sow" part of the fraud money to "God" in their various religious houses. By the way, I too was scratching my head about what he meant by "made in Korea" being fake. I mean by that statement, Samsung, a Korean company would be fake itself.

3 Likes

Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by DrDre1(m): 7:43pm On Jan 01, 2014
kayswag100:

Sir, I totally disagree with u. How on God's earth would u dare to say 'sometyms a used lasts longer than new' ? On what f&*ing basis?

Any phone you buy depends on the way u use it.

answer this cheap question. Does a used phone have warranty?

oga, you can always demand for an exchange if your brand new has manufacturing defaults.

Sir, if u are into phones very well, u will know that phones from U.S and U.K usually have better specs and build quality than what they sell as originals in Nigeria. So many people are ignorant of this but that's the reality. People who know this truth will usually opt for a U.S/U.K used than get the original from Nigeria. smiley
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by cheezkid(m): 7:49pm On Jan 01, 2014
ok
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jan 01, 2014
Anyway while dwelling on the fake and original samsung phone, u can get affordable houses from this link

https://www.nairaland.com/1428136/affordable-3-bedroom-bungalow-nairalanders
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jan 01, 2014
This man is talking rubbish.
1* galaxy s4 has different version and spec
2* there is nothing like fake Korean
3* if they are the same both hardware and software wise, then they are the same

Always get your fact right before rushing to create a thread.
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by ewizard1: 8:03pm On Jan 01, 2014
Worwor: This man is talking rubbish.
1* galaxy s4 has different version and spec
2* there is nothing like fake Korean
3* if they are the same both hardware and software wise, then they are the same

Always get your fact right before rushing to create a thread.
Lmaoooo!
*laffing and pointing*

This bro neva jammm!
Re: FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jan 01, 2014
Our C Villager naa something here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

USA Used Laptops For Sale At Affordable Prices. Updated. / Dongle Device-[unscramble All Locked Channels] / I Need Number Codes To Reset Memmcol Prepaid Meter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.