Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,414 members, 7,781,201 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:33 AM

Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? - Culture (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? (69077 Views)

The Hardest of the 3 Major Language to Learn / Yoruba Language Is The Most Influential Nigerian Language Outside Nigeria. / Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Dubemkelly(m): 9:04am On Jan 05, 2014
What about we commonly referred to as Lagos igbo? Well,people would be bias in question of this magnitude,igbos wud favour theirs,same to yoruba,hausa n others however, I think some languages could be hard esp when an Oyo or Ife man speaks their dialect,mehn u get lost in utterance buh Lag yoruba sweet gan, generally I think Hausa is quiet easier den 4 my igbo brothers, this 'Ara' n 'Ala' dey confuse ni shaa, thot 'ala' is floor n ara' breast? Dialects in lang na bastard I swear
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 9:04am On Jan 05, 2014
f rain c: to people that are saying yoruba language is simple to lean,
how can you say that a language that have diff. meaning to one word is simple?

EXAMPLE:

OGUN : war
OGUN : medicine
OGUN : state
OGUN : gods

or
OOGHU : twenty
OOGHU : inheritance

or

OOGBON : thirty
OOGBON : wisdom

or

IGBA : time
IGBA : calabash
IGBA : two hundred
IGBA : garden egg

so what are we talkin about,
hausa and delta ibo are the easiest language to lean.
the yoruba words you mentioned all have different intonation/pronunciation. Every language has that, even english makes use of synonyms and homonyms. P:

5 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by tutaboi(m): 9:10am On Jan 05, 2014
DankemzI:

Ibibio is a Nigerian Language spoken by the South Eastern people of Akwa Ibom & Cross River.
..that Japanese language ....lolzzzzzzzz
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by phase1: 9:13am On Jan 05, 2014
ok
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by ocelot2006(m): 9:14am On Jan 05, 2014
DankemzI:

Ibibio is a Nigerian Language spoken by the South Eastern people of Akwa Ibom & Cross River.

Akwa Ibom only oh. The Cross Riverian dialect is Efik.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by ocelot2006(m): 9:14am On Jan 05, 2014
I think Hausa is the easiest.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by 01mcfadden(m): 9:15am On Jan 05, 2014
timilehin007:

Same to you my brother...God punish hatters Ibos are foreigners, dey don't really belong here they are originally from Equatorial guinea if not for the love nd the hopitality we have they are not suppose to be in that WAZOBIA, they have to settle for the 3rd place.
your stupidity is overwhelming.
Who are more foreigners?
Yorubas came from mecca,have you forgotten that?
A tribe with numerous distorted origin,one even said their ancestor descended with a chain from heaven.
Lolx! grin

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by timilehin007(m): 9:16am On Jan 05, 2014
TribalEAST: Africa magic has yoruba and hausa channels but no igbo channel. The little igbo movies produced are smuggled into the africa magic english. Igbo language is becoming extinct dats why they lack traditional musicians in this dispensation unlike yorubas who have yinka ayefele, lagbaja, wasiu ayinde marshal, pasuma, osupa, tope alabi, haruna ishola etc all doing well home and abroad and are richer than most of naija hiphop acts.

Flavor is the only igbo musician in this dispensation that i know and still not as popular as wizkid tongue

Gbam..!!! You killed it..!! Tread closed..!!

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by timilehin007(m): 9:19am On Jan 05, 2014
01mcfadden:
your stupidity is overwhelming.
Who are more foreigners?
Yorubas came from mecca,have you forgotten that?
A tribe with numerous distorted origin,one even said their ancestor descended with a chain from heaven.
Lolx! grin

What is dz one saying...u diz bloody ekutarian gini grin

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by johniho1(m): 9:19am On Jan 05, 2014
timilehin007:

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by MRL1MPoPoTM: 9:21am On Jan 05, 2014
pazienza:

The old Cross river state comprising of current cross river and Akwa ibom states, used to be known as South Eastern state, the current South Eastern states was known as East Central state then. But along the line, South Eastern state became remained as Cross river state, and Cross river state later fragmented into current Cross river state and Akwa ibom state. While East central state fragmented serially into Anambra and Imo, Abia and Enugu, and then Ebonyi. All these fragments of old East central state, would come to be known as South Easttern states, instead of East central states, in doing this, they took the name which rightfully belongs to Akwaibom and Cross river states, as those two states are the true South Eastern states, geographically speaking.

Our Education system is messed up, these are things that should be taught in our secondary school history class, but they are not. Further proof why Nigeria will never work, citizens who know nothing about the pasts of their country, such anomaly can only be obtainable in a zoo republic.
stop dwellin in the past critter. we 're talking of what is obtainable today nt yesteryears.

If you had addressed akwa ibom and CR as south-easterners in the early 60s it wld make sense, bt to still address 'em today as SE afta the segregation of zones is blitheringly implausibe and glamorous gobbledegook.

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Louisicon(m): 9:21am On Jan 05, 2014
na igbo cause the thing no hard at all
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by timilehin007(m): 9:21am On Jan 05, 2014
TribalEAST: the yoruba words you mentioned all have different intonation/pronunciation. Every language has that, even english makes use of synonyms and homonyms. P:

How I wish there's a way to like this comment more than a thousand times.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Pamcrest(f): 9:26am On Jan 05, 2014
I think Hausa is the easiest. If u live with them, u pick d Lang so fast, same with yoruba except for its different accents and meanings.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by pendusky(m): 9:32am On Jan 05, 2014
Criminal Ibos: [size=20pt]Yoruba sweet language..! I always feel happy whenever i remember i'm a Yoruba boy..! [/size]
i can see that with ur username. SMH
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by MRL1MPoPoTM: 9:34am On Jan 05, 2014
hybee607: .........u no like e.g ordikwa serious grin.........u no lie e.g ordikwa serious

shurrup! they can still substitute serious with 'egwu' i.e odikwa egu.. so stop yarning balls.

4 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by 01mcfadden(m): 9:37am On Jan 05, 2014
timilehin007:

hahahah
even if its true,its nice knowing my root but falling from the sky is another thing....your ancestor is an alien or is he one of the fallen angels?
Just asking! grin
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by tutaboi(m): 9:37am On Jan 05, 2014
Tobetoe: I must say dat English is among d world's easiest language and also its d most broad.. I believe until d advent of English to naija, we have been communicating better.. There ar still words which ar hard to translate frm English to our local lang. And frm our local lang. to English. I found it hard to know wat TABLE is called in IGBO(pls pls, can someone help me wit it). .xo English is easy and simple to learn.

Unlike our different dialect in niaja,for example ,my mom reads igbo Bible,but wen i looked at it,brotherly ,i tried to murmur out some words, it wasnt fun at all , ,I open dis thread to get to know our opinions on d easiest Nigerian lang.

I have lived in benin for 6 years,d bini lang. dat i know how to utter ar d greeting formalities ,dooo,domur sir,eeye wacoyo,worsunu and others, .i also believe ,assuming i had lived in d west,maybe i would being fluent in yoruba. . And my own language(igbo) nt dat easy oo,cos there ar many versions of igbo ,d typical main igbo ar found in Imo state, i speak little of anambra and delta igbo combined .i got dis problem be4. In ma town this two words ARA and ALA were misinterpreted as BREAST and MADNESS respectively,buh at my teenage time dat i found dat ARA means madness and ALA being breast. .common trend wit d igbo's and d yoruba's . . So Nlander's lets open d floor of d house, . D easiest Nigerian language to learn perfectly . .hmm, i got wit IGBO. .and wat do u y'all think of hausa,urhobo,isoko,bini,izon,and d host of others.
....Young man. Table is called TEBULU or TEBURU...sho ti gbo?
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by frainc(m): 9:44am On Jan 05, 2014
TribalEAST: the yoruba words you mentioned all have different intonation/pronunciation. Every language has that, even english makes use of synonyms and homonyms. P:
you said so b'cos its your language
a none yoruba person will never get that, everything sound the same.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by MRL1MPoPoTM: 9:48am On Jan 05, 2014
SpencerLewis: Yoruba can't be d easiest language, radar it is d noises of dem all. [s]To me, d easier of dem is Hausa, not even my Igbo.[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by ketoprofen(m): 9:48am On Jan 05, 2014
5.00GP:
YORUBA LANGUAGE IS THE EASIEST NIGERIA LANGUAGE TO LEARN.

MAJORITY OF NIGERIA ARTISTES USES YORUBA LANGUAGE IN THEIR LYRICS

NOLLYWOOD MOVIES (ENGLISH ) USES YORUBA LANGUAGE SOMETIMES IN THEIR SCRIPT .....

YORUBA LANGUAGE IS ALSO SPOKEN IN EDO, DELTA......... ..

English nollywood uses Igbo as the second language, don't get it twisted.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by kennyblac(m): 9:51am On Jan 05, 2014
Hausa is the easiest language to understand, its on international language chart. Yoruba is also easy depending on your learning skills but Igbo seems to be the hardest but sexy
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by tintingz(m): 9:54am On Jan 05, 2014
ketoprofen:

English nollywood uses Igbo as the second language, don't get it twisted.
Because it is dominated by igbos, I wonder why they can't speak full igbo in their movies. undecided

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by onihaxy: 9:55am On Jan 05, 2014
timilehin007:

Gbam..!!! You killed it..!! Tread closed..!!

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by ketoprofen(m): 9:56am On Jan 05, 2014
Ohraybs:
I am personally attacking you here,Igbo of all Languages,Chai,my friend igbo is not recognised at all in the world..Yoruba is the most Language recognised in the world,Yoruba is the only course being accredited in Some American Universities for students to go study........Let's talk bout Nollywood aspect,after English,Yoruba Movie is the next cos I barely see Igbo movie in market,xcept ur states,and rite nw sef Yoruba movie don dey take over English sef cos almost all d English Actors and Actresses are comin over to Yoruba...........

Lies. Self consolation, which Yoruba nollywood is taking over English.
Lwkmd.
Do we see Yoruba movies in the east/SS? No .
So stop thinking that what is obtainable in ur land is the sane elsewhere.
If u actually see Igbo movies in ur areas, then u have to ponder on some things u wrote up there.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by ketoprofen(m): 9:58am On Jan 05, 2014
phase1:

and the 'my d1ck is bigger than yours' comparison goes on. Yoruba! chai! grin
Ask him how many Igbo singers he knows abt?
If he knows only flavor, then he must be living in all those Yoruba villages called towns.
Its better the yorubas in this thread face this topic than using it for another e- bashing object
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by cashkid18(m): 9:59am On Jan 05, 2014
Ohraybs:
I am personally attacking you here,Igbo of all Languages,Chai,my friend igbo is not recognised at all in the world..Yoruba is the most Language recognised in the world,Yoruba is the only course being accredited in Some American Universities for students to go study........Let's talk bout Nollywood aspect,after English,Yoruba Movie is the next cos I barely see Igbo movie in market,xcept ur states,and rite nw sef Yoruba movie don dey take over English sef cos almost all d English Actors and Actresses are comin over to Yoruba...........
another yoruba fallacy,show me d source of dis ur write up.
Yoruba being more popular than igbo outside nig is a big lie,d only country dt yoruba might b more popular than d igbos is only in d uk bt countries lik U.s.a,S.A,china,india,UAE igbos are d only popular tribe there due to d fact dt they travel n reside in those places to do their bizness.the last tym we checked,igbos travel more than d yorubas.

On d issue of movie industry,yoruba movie is neva more popular than nollywood wic is igbo owned due d fact dt yorubas produces their movie in own native language making it difficult for it to sell outside d shores of Sw..But igbos who uses English language in their movie with a mix of their culturen language sales more than their yoruba counterpart even outside d shores of africa cool cool cool..their is no yoruba actor n actress that is more popular than d likes of jim iyke,patience ozorkwor,Aki n Paw paw,mr ibu n other nollywood actors n actresses outside nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by fiizznation: 10:01am On Jan 05, 2014
hausa still remains the easiest language to learn not only in nigeria, but in africa as a whole. It has simple tunes
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by tintingz(m): 10:04am On Jan 05, 2014
The rate of comments so far on easiest language in Nigeria

• Hausa - 75%

• Yoruba - 65%

• Igbo - 39%

You guys can add yours... smiley

» This are the three populated and most recognized language in Nigeria. Hausa is leading to be the easiest language next to yoruba then igbo. grin
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by tintingz(m): 10:07am On Jan 05, 2014
cashkid18: another yoruba fallacy,show me d source of dis ur write up.
Yoruba being more popular than igbo outside nig is a big lie,d only country dt yoruba might b more popular than d igbos is only in d uk bt countries lik U.s.a,S.A,china,india,UAE igbos are d only popular tribe there due to d fact dt they travel n reside in those places to do their bizness.the last tym we checked,igbos travel more than d yorubas.

On d issue of movie industry,yoruba movie is neva more popular than nollywood wic is igbo owned due d fact dt yorubas produces their movie in own native language making it difficult for it to sell outside d shores of Sw..But igbos who uses English language in their movie with a mix of their culturen language sales more than their yoruba counterpart even outside d shores of africa cool cool cool..their is no yoruba actor n actress that is more popular than d likes of jim iyke,patience ozorkwor,Aki n Paw paw,mr ibu n other nollywood actors n actresses outside nigeria
My question is why do igbos use english in their movies why not in igbo language??

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by mimicue(f): 10:09am On Jan 05, 2014
Yoruba is d easiest languae. Almost all Igbos can speak at least little ...followed by Hausa language.... Igbo is hard its not even near easy
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by fiizznation: 10:09am On Jan 05, 2014
01mcfadden:
hahahah
even if its true,its nice knowing my root but falling from the sky is another thing....your ancestor is an alien or is he one of the fallen angels?
Just asking! grin
grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (24) (Reply)

I Want To Learn Itsekiri Language (get In) / Oba Elegushi’s 2nd Wife, Hadiza Steps Into The Palace 6 Months After Wedding / Masquerade, Ajeron, Cleanses Ajegunle Of Coronavirus (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.