Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? - Culture (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? (69331 Views)

The Hardest of the 3 Major Language to Learn / Yoruba Language Is The Most Influential Nigerian Language Outside Nigeria. / Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by ATMCARD2(m): 10:13am On Jan 05, 2014
Itz definitly,OFE-MMANU.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by cashkid18(m): 10:16am On Jan 05, 2014
tintingz: My question is why do igbos use english in their movies why not in igbo language??
and who told u dt igbos does nt use igbo in their movies,d ist nollywood movie''living in bondage'' dt made nollywood popular was produced in igbo language.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by olorunmomakhe(m): 10:19am On Jan 05, 2014
Yes Bro hausa is very light on d tongue n has dis free flow of it.. Very easy to learn n communicate wit. Am from Edo but certainly fluent wit hausa dan any oda language. Try toasting an hausa babe wit hausa n see hw sweet it goes..
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Aromas: 10:20am On Jan 05, 2014
Ebira is d sweetest language 2 learn n easy 2 know!!!!!!!!! Just take a look of wot am saying "Wa o" which mean "How re u?" And u gonna reply by answering d person dat "Ma da yi" also means "Am fine" so so so so so so so sweet.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by fiizznation: 10:23am On Jan 05, 2014
olorunmomakhe: Yes Bro hausa is very light on d tongue n has dis free flow of it.. Very easy to learn n communicate wit. Am from Edo but certainly fluent wit hausa dan any oda language. Try toasting an hausa babe wit hausa n see hw sweet it goes..
like:

Me: yarinya ina son ki fa

Hausa chic: yaro ina son ka nima

grin
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by dotcomnamename: 10:23am On Jan 05, 2014
Nairaland is the easiest language

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by ibrahym47(m): 10:32am On Jan 05, 2014
hausa all d way, u kno y?
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by sholemania: 10:33am On Jan 05, 2014
01mcfadden:
your stupidity is overwhelming.
Who are more foreigners?
Yorubas came from mecca,have you forgotten that?
A tribe with numerous distorted origin,one even said their ancestor descended with a chain from heaven.
Lolx! grin
I pity ur big foolishness and orientation about d Yoruba.. Sit ur grandfather down and ask questions.. Then u will be certain that u are a fucking minority.. U are just there to make d word WAZOBIA sound well. tongue
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by BizBloke(m): 10:38am On Jan 05, 2014
swhiss: I'm an Igbo guy
Hausa is the easiest Naija language to learn and
Yoruba is the hardest (sounds like they are
fighting,too much Yoruba Yoruba , trust me you don't
want to learn it
) ,the accents and emphasis in Igbo
and Yoruba will cause a learner to bite his tongue.
Hausa is more free flowing,very romantic sounding
and is very light on the tongue.

Where can I learn it? I really want to.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by saddabm(m): 10:40am On Jan 05, 2014
Hausa is the most easiest lang. to learn i'm not a Hausa but i'm fluent in it, do you know Hausa lang. dominated most of the north-eastern region of Nigeria that the smallest ethnic groups dailect will vanish in the near future because of speaking Hausa among themselves.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by superstar1(m): 10:46am On Jan 05, 2014
Hausa is the easiest, especially when their ladies are speaking it with their intonation.

Yoruba is the sweetest because it is a language full of slangs. You can say 10 sentences with just one word.

Igbo is rich but hard to learn.It has many letters. The k is almost 3 or 4. Most igbos born and bred in Lagos cannot even speak the language.

Pidgin is the most humorous language, especially waffi pidgin.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 10:47am On Jan 05, 2014
cashkid18: and who told u dt igbos does nt use igbo in their movies,d ist nollywood movie''living in bondage'' dt made nollywood popular was produced in igbo language.
pls dont mention living in bondage. Dat movie is too old- 19 kokoro.

Nollywood is not owned by igbos alone but they dominate the english arm. Nollywood consists of yoruba, hausa, english and the igbo arm. The igbo arm is the poorest as they produce only 1% out of the 100% movies produced by nollywood. If you doubt me, check the source bellow.

http://www.informationng.com/2012/11/nollywood-rakes-in-n126bn-ranks-third-film-industry-in-the-world.html

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by 01mcfadden(m): 10:48am On Jan 05, 2014
saddabm: Hausa is the most easiest lang. to learn i'm not a Hausa but i'm fluent in it, do you know Hausa lang. dominated most of the north-eastern region of Nigeria that the smallest ethnic groups dailect will vanish in the near future because of speaking Hausa among themselves.
its indeed the most easiest grin

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by obicypo: 10:50am On Jan 05, 2014
igbo na im be the best
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by jmoore(m): 10:52am On Jan 05, 2014
Kids have derailed this thread with tribalism.

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by AwesomeDaniel(m): 10:54am On Jan 05, 2014
Try calabar.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Brownie4joel: 10:55am On Jan 05, 2014
Obviously yoruba
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 10:58am On Jan 05, 2014
ketoprofen:
Ask him how many Igbo singers he knows abt?
If he knows only flavor, then he must be living in all those Yoruba villages called towns.
Its better the yorubas in this thread face this topic than using it for another e- bashing object
we read newspapers and watch cable TV everyday, how come its only flavor and other yoruba indigenous singers we see? Where are the other igbo musicians? Who are they? Do they sell albums? Are they sleeping? Why cant they succeed in lagos? (succeeding in lagos is succeeding africa). Are they ghosts? Why arent they recognised? Maybe cos they are palm wine joint singers.

Dont mention oldschool igbo musicians cos they've lost relevance unlike the yoruba musicians i mentioned who are still seasoned musicians.

You guys better hold on to flavor and promote him.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by yetunsbay(m): 11:04am On Jan 05, 2014
f rain c: to people that are saying yoruba language is simple to lean,
how can you say that a language that have diff. meaning to one word is simple?

EXAMPLE:

OGUN : war
OGUN : medicine
OGUN : state
OGUN : gods

or
OOGHU : twenty
OOGHU : inheritance

or

OOGBON : thirty
OOGBON : wisdom

or

IGBA : time
IGBA : calabash
IGBA : two hundred
IGBA : garden egg

so what are we talkin about,
hausa and delta ibo are the easiest language to lean.
u are still a learner thou for d fact dat even some of your spellings are incorrect.But wait o have you ever learned of language TONE before? if not,Yoruba involves application of signs to differentiate your listed words...

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by obinnakenedo(m): 11:05am On Jan 05, 2014
brickwall Global Investment Ltd.
we have landed properties in our Estate at Igbesa town, same town where the China free Trade Zone is situated, after Agbara. Santa Florida VIP 500k. Gren Gate VIP 1m. Igbesa II 750k. Instalmental payment for 6 months and 12 months is allowed.your C of O will be issued to you free of charge. Site inspections are Saturdays and Sundays. Weekly inspections is allowed, but you have to come to our office : Brickwall Global investments ltd, Emmano Opp Sokoto Plaza, Balogun-Trade Fair. Under bridge Ojo. Staff bus are available for our site inspection. Contact Chris : 08185105562
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by yetunsbay(m): 11:06am On Jan 05, 2014
cashkid18: and who told u dt igbos does nt use igbo in their movies,d ist nollywood movie''living in bondage'' dt made nollywood popular was produced in igbo language.
he meant all dia movies not being selective
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Mightymanna(m): 11:10am On Jan 05, 2014
Testerfuze: Maybe yoruba....dats why u hav films like mard,sholay,toofan,terminator,evil cut translated in yoruba.....why nt igbo?
please come to north and see plenty films that have being translated into hausa exspicially indian films and many prophets historic movies
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by cashkid18(m): 11:13am On Jan 05, 2014
TribalEAST: pls dont mention living in bondage. Dat movie is too old- 19 kokoro.

Nollywood is not owned by igbos alone but they dominate the english arm. Nollywood consists of yoruba, hausa, english and the igbo arm. The igbo arm is the poorest as they produce only 1% out of the 100% movies produced by nollywood. If you doubt me, check the source bellow.

http://www.informationng.com/2012/11/nollywood-rakes-in-n126bn-ranks-third-film-industry-in-the-world.html
u did nt even read it very well before u rushed to post d link,1% in terms of d no of movies produced in igbo language,English nollywood wic is known world wide is owned n dominated by d igbos
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:24am On Jan 05, 2014
BADNEAT: hv u heard of central igbo??thats wah he was pointing at. ..imo state's igbo is the most simplest and less complicated. ..ll be easily understood by all the states u mentioned above. ...I think it was called igbo izugbe back in my school days..anambra ll be speaking ...anam amu amu....nkewa nkewa and all that. ..with their inborn replacement of the letter r with L and vice versa, , which they hv even extended to their English. ...
ebonyi na no go area oo...dm go sell u for ur front without u comprehending a single word. ..same with nkalagu n isi agu...

This is a big fat lie from the pit of hell. Imo Igbo is the most complicated Igbo! I will say this,the only Igboman who speaks his core dialect and everybody understands is an Anambrarian. I can't understant an Owerri man,Mbaise and even the otuocha people. Igbo movies are acted in Anambra Igbo so everybody can understand. Stop spreading falsehood!
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by kelvOdanz(m): 11:26am On Jan 05, 2014
I speak the three major languages...I school in ife(Yoruba) ,grew up in the north(Hausa) and we spoke igbo as a mother tongue.....Hausa is the easiest....
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by padoski(m): 11:28am On Jan 05, 2014
Table in igbo is ekwemgbo.. grin
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by cashkid18(m): 11:30am On Jan 05, 2014
yetunsbay: he meant all dia movies not being selective
owk,lets luk at dis way.yorubas produces their movie in 100% yoruba bt at d end of d day,d movie wont sell bcuz it wont be watched by many except by d yorubas.
The producer wont mak enough money
The actors n actresses wont be popular
Yoruba culture might nt promoted outside nig.
Igbos produces their movie wit 70% English n 30% igbo show casing igbo cultures n traditions,at d end of d day they movie wil sell even beyound d shores of sub saharan africa
The producer wil mak enough moni
The actors n actresses wil bcum popular lik d liks of mr ibu,jim iyke,Aki n Paw paw
Igbo culture n traditions wil b promoted outside nigeria,atleast many pple in africa knws dt igbos hv traditional rulers called igwe,obi,eze..almost everybody in africa knws d meanin of sum phrases lik chineke,o gini,bia e.t.c n knws how d igbos does their traditional marriage bcuz of d nollywood movies
so,u shud now tel me who is more smarter between d yoruba movie producer n igbo movie producer

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 11:35am On Jan 05, 2014
5.00GP:

DON'T BE EVASIVE.. I AM VERY SURE ,YORUBA LANGUAGE IS A SPOKEN LANGUAGE IN DELTA

DO U KNOW THAT THERE IS OPC IN DELTA STATE? WHICH ITS ORIGIN IS ROOTED IN YORUBA LAND

THE ENMITY BETWEEN IGBO N: YORUBA WON'T LET U REVEAL THE TRUTH
ITSEKIRI ARE YORUBA
Which planet are you from, opc in delta state? Do you even know delta state?

Let me even agree with you that you are correct. Please list the local governments where yoruba speaking people can be found in delta state.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 11:37am On Jan 05, 2014
Afam4eva:
You should have just mentioned that you were referring to Itsekiri instead of dancing around. And like i said, Itsekiri is not up to 7% of Delta population and it's unwise to say that Yoruba is popular in Delta state.
the itsekiris might have come from yoruba but they are not yoruba, if you hear an itsekiri talking they sound nothing like yoruba. Itsekiris are not yoruba.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by tunde1200(m): 11:38am On Jan 05, 2014
I admitted to hausa laguage and also its a complete laguage. It consist of.. have he she who when they whom etc..
But other laguages does not really have all these.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 11:38am On Jan 05, 2014
Lilimax: yeah Hausa language is the easiest. Igbo and Yoruba language are very hard.
igbo is hard but yoruba isn't that hard but hausa is still the easiest. It is like learning english language.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (24) (Reply)

19 Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Okrika, Rivers State. Photos / Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife / Olori Sekinat-Elegushi Wife Of Oba Of Ikate Land [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.