Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,422 members, 7,808,513 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:55 PM

Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? - Culture (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? (69335 Views)

The Hardest of the 3 Major Language to Learn / Yoruba Language Is The Most Influential Nigerian Language Outside Nigeria. / Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Ikonz(m): 7:02pm On Jan 05, 2014
I don tire for today oh, which kind scarcity of front page topics wey dey happen today na?

I don refresh nairaland tire!

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by superstar1(m): 7:03pm On Jan 05, 2014
basilo101:
igbos started nollywood. The first nollywood movie was "Living in Bondage", an igbo movie. Bt all nigerians own nollywood nw

So because they started, it is now solely theirs.

They should give it igbowood then or biafrawood.

Nollywood is the exclusive film industry of all Nigerian films, whether in kanuri or itsekiri or anango or idoma.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by 500GP: 7:03pm On Jan 05, 2014
superstar1:

The 44% in English consists of all the films produced in English from the industry. Whether Anag, Ijaw, Bini or nupe or igala.

YOU'RE RIGHT. WHICH MEANS NOLLYWOOD IS NOT OWNED BY IBO BUT EVERY TRIBE IN NIGERIA
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Tobetoe(m): 7:07pm On Jan 05, 2014
I didnt play by favouritism on dis thread, buh u guys ar bringing it in . .d simpliest definition of litracy is when one knows how to read,write speak and d minor one is listening . .food for thought . .is there any illitrate Englishman in d world,yeah i bet u there ar,and now an Englishman who knows how to read,write and speak only English lang. VERSUS a YorubaMAN who knows how to read,write and speak yoruba only.. Who do u think would easily read, and pronunce each others lang. . (i will go wit d yoruabaman)
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by victorazy(m): 7:07pm On Jan 05, 2014
superstar1:

Nollywood is the exclusive film industry of all Nigerian films, whether in kanuri or itsekiri or anango or idoma.

grin Igbowood grin I luv this country, dey no dull grin
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by oceania100(m): 7:09pm On Jan 05, 2014
Please help educate them.
pazienza:

The old Cross river state comprising of current cross river and Akwa ibom states, used to be known as South Eastern state, the current South Eastern states was known as East Central state then. But along the line, South Eastern state became remained as Cross river state, and Cross river state later fragmented into current Cross river state and Akwa ibom state. While East central state fragmented serially into Anambra and Imo, Abia and Enugu, and then Ebonyi. All these fragments of old East central state, would come to be known as South Easttern states, instead of East central states, in doing this, they took the name which rightfully belongs to Akwaibom and Cross river states, as those two states are the true South Eastern states, geographically speaking.

Our Education system is messed up, these are things that should be taught in our secondary school history class, but they are not. Further proof why Nigeria will never work, citizens who know nothing about the pasts of their country, such anomaly can only be obtainable in a zoo republic.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by superstar1(m): 7:09pm On Jan 05, 2014
The enhanced production and content quality of Nigerian films indicate the growing professionalism in Nollywood (the Nigerian movie sector)  with the industry making an average of N1.72 billion ($100, 000) in 2013 analysts say.

In the last five years, the industry has been growing in terms of quality. Little wonder it has been rated the third most valuable movie industry in the world, behind Hollywood and Bollywood. The development has also impacted on returns.

Just as it has ranked third globally in terms of quality of production, it has grossed revenues that placed it third in the world.

Robert Orya, managing director, Nigerian Export-Import Bank (NEXIM), says Nollywood ranks third globally in revenue. According to him, the revenue the film industry has generated in the last three years is between $300 million and $800 million.

“The global film and entertainment industry generated about $90.6 billion revenue in 2010,” Orya explains, saying “the revenue increased to $102.7 billion in 2012. Most of these revenue streams are from theatrical distribution. North America contributed the largest market share of about 40 percent. Europe, Middle East and Africa accounted for 24 percent, Latin America 20 percent, and Asia Pacific made only 3 percent contribution.”

Victor Okhai, film maker, says a new crop of film makers began to bring professionalism into the industry in the past few years, which explains the improvement in the quality of films produced lately. Those who fall into this group include Tunde Kelani with movies like ‘Thunderbolt’ (‘Magun’), Tade Ogidan with ‘Dangerous Twins,’ Richard Mofe Damijo’s ‘Out of Bounds,’ Ego Boyo with ‘30 Days,’ the Amstel Malta Box Office series.

“It is expected that the quality of films will improve,” says Okhai. “We are at a stage where we can no longer play the mediocre. We have discovered that when we attend film festivals, we realised that nobody pays attention to Nollywood films. They look at the industry with disdain at these film festivals. Then local film makers came back home to do some serious work. Many film makers are challenged by what they see at film festivals,” he says.

The year 2013 witnessed the birth of the most expensive film in Nollywood, “Half of a Yellow Sun,” which cost about N1.27 billion ($8m) to make. The movie, an adaptation of Chimanmanda Ngozi Adichie’s novel, “Half of a Yellow Sun,” was shot at Tinapa Film Studio, Cross River State, and in the United Kingdom.

Before ‘Half of a Yellow Sun,’ ‘Tango with Me’ produced by Mahmoud Ali-Balogun, ranked the most expensive film. Shot with the latest Kodak 35mm camera, ‘Tango with Me’ costs over N50 million to make, says Ali-Balogun. In a bid to make a difference in an industry populated by poorly produced films, Balogun travelled to Bulgaria to master film technology. The end product of the trip was an outstanding film that ‘Half of a Yellow Sun’ has rivalled.

Industry analysts say the return of the cinemas has offered a veritable platform for film makers to escape the open market that has been largely taken over by pirates. By first showing their movies at the cinemas, film producers are assured of getting returns on their investments. But Okhai observes that this will not be possible with  bad production quality.

“Cinemas cannot project poor quality films,” explains Okhai, as “your flaws as a film producer are blown in proportion to the size of the screen. Film makers in the Diaspora are returning home to show how good films are made abroad. Their films are changing the way local film producers are making films.”

Truly, not a few well-produced films have been commercially successful at the cinemas. In 2013, ‘The Meeting’ produced by Mildred Okwo and Afolayan’s ‘Phone Swap’ also recorded huge commercial success. In 2009 for instance, Stephanie Okereke’s movie, ‘Through the Glass,’ premiered at the cinemas making over N10 million. This was followed by Kunle Afolayan’s ‘The Figurine’ becoming the first local film to make over N30 million in the cinemas. Chineze Anyaene’s film, ‘Ije,’ also recorded tremendous success at the cinemas, making over N57 million and viewed by an estimated 14,000 people. In 2010, ‘Ije’ was reputed to be Nigeria’s highest selling movie in the cinemas, returning to the cinemas three times that year. Its success was next to Hollywood’s ‘Avatar.’ ‘Anchor Baby’ produced by Lonzo Nzekwe also made over N17 million.

In a report, the United Nations Educational, Science and Cultural Organisation  (UNESCO) stated that the Nigerian film industry produces more than 2,400 films per year. This figure places Nollywood ahead of the United State’s Hollywood and behind India’s Bollywood. However, a CNN 2013 report shows that Nollywood is worth US$250 million producing 200 home videos monthly.

The commercial viability of the film industry prompted President Goodluck Jonathan to make available an additional sum of N3billion as grant to the film industry. The grant is to be supervised by the Minister of Finance, Ngozi Okonjo -Iweala and Minister of culture, tourism and national orientation, Edem Duke. The grant tagged “Project Nollywood” was commissioned in the first week of April. In addition, the Akwa-Ibom state governor, Godswill Akpabio donated the sum of 50 million naira to the industry as the President’s award for creativity.

However, industry practitioners say the prospect for Nollywood is huge in 2014 if government can adequately curb piracy that has been plaguing it for more than twenty years.

“The issue of piracy and infrastructure,” says Amaka Igwe, filmmaker, “which the President promised to look into must be taken seriously for Nollywood to thrive. We cannot afford to continue with this trend at all. We must be able to get return on our investments as practitioners in the industry.”
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by ModupeJ(f): 7:14pm On Jan 05, 2014
shocked Who's talking about ibibio here?? undecided harrdest lang if yu ask me..
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Luvlydevin(m): 7:16pm On Jan 05, 2014
I must confess hausa is the easiest language in the world, I travelled to the north and within 3 weeks and 4 days I don day coordinate all the abokis way day my area, yoruba should be the second because the language sweet for mouth wella, if you ask me I will tell you that the hardest language in Nigeria is beni, kai my language hard finish even some indigens no fit speak some kind beni self , and I give the funniest language to beni as well if you can speak beni very well you will understand what am talking about, mind you am from Benin, and I speak hausa, a little yoruba, Arab, Italian, and Spanish, igbo another hard language
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jan 05, 2014
Ikonz: I don tire for today oh, which kind scarcity of front page topics wey dey happen today na?

I don refresh nairaland tire!
ah swear no b only u o
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by cashkid18(m): 7:26pm On Jan 05, 2014
superstar1:

if u cant accept d fact dt nollywood was started n owned by d igbos,u shud then go n die sad sad
that we decided to name it nollywood instead of biafrawood or igbowood was due to one nig n to to mak other tribes to feel wanted bt we knw who owns n controls d industry.,
Mayb wen naija divides it wil b changed to biafrawood tongue tongue
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by SHAAWA: 7:27pm On Jan 05, 2014
tintingz: Yoruba language is sweet, easy to learn and understand
that's why all this popular musician love using yoruba in their songs.
Hausa should be another easiest language, I love the tones in hausa
language.

Before Nko? why musicians no go sing in Yoruba? Na dem de party pass. All na marketing strategy.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by pazienza(m): 7:28pm On Jan 05, 2014
superstar1:

This attache by force,is not good for your health. With all due respect,when people say Nollywood,what they mean is the Nigerian movies where the kings are Igwes/Ezes and obis, Where the traditional marriage ceremonies are similar to what we all saw in flavour's Ada ada.

If yorubas now want to share in the glory of Igbowood aka nollywood,they should learn to tell their yoruba stories in a language the world understands. Nobody outside yorubaland watches yorubawood. Using English ,igbos had packaged and sold igbo culture and happenings to the rest of world,so much that when other Africans thinks of Nigerian culture,they are unconciously thinking of Igbo culture.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by ufuosman(m): 7:30pm On Jan 05, 2014
Urhobo
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by cashkid18(m): 7:31pm On Jan 05, 2014
pazienza:

This attache by force,is not good for your health. With all due respect,when people say Nollywood,what they mean is the Nigerian movies where the kings are Igwes/Ezes and obis, Where the traditional marriage ceremonies are similar to what we all saw in flavour's Ada ada.

If yorubas now want to share in the glory of Igbowood aka nollywood,they should learn to tell their yoruba stories in a language the world understands. Nobody outside yorubaland watches yorubawood. Using English ,igbos has packaged and sold igbo culture and happenings to the rest of world,so much that when other Africans thinks of Nigerian culture,they are unconciously think of Igbo culture.
gbam..u hv said it all cool cool

Haters shud go n die if they dont lik it dt way tongue

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 05, 2014
cashkid18: if u cant accept d fact dt nollywood was started n owned by d igbos,u shud then go n die sad sad
that we decided to name it nollywood instead of biafrawood or igbowood was due to one nig n to to mak other tribes to feel wanted bt we knw who owns n controls d industry.,
Mayb wen naija divides it wil b changed to biafrawood tongue tongue
pls scroll up to see the names of movie producers making hi-tech films, they are from all tribes. tongue
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by steffans(m): 7:35pm On Jan 05, 2014
No update today on nairalands front page!!!
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by cashkid18(m): 7:37pm On Jan 05, 2014
TribalEAST: pls scroll up to see the names of movie producers making hi-tech films, they are from all tribes. tongue
most of them are igbos tongue tongue
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jan 05, 2014
cashkid18: gbam..u hv said it all cool cool

Haters shud go n die if they dont lik it dt way tongue
he has said nada!
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jan 05, 2014
cashkid18: most of them are igbos tongue tongue
why not all of them? tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Divzfire: 7:46pm On Jan 05, 2014
well i am an igbo girl
but i know that yoruba is the easiest language
cause back then in school igbo girls who were in igbo class left and joint yoruba class and got higher grades
but i also like yoruba and by the way if a yoruba girl should insult u, u will regret the day u were born
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 05, 2014
steffans: No update today on nairalands front page!!!
I tire. Maybe d mods re on strike
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by cashkid18(m): 7:55pm On Jan 05, 2014
TribalEAST: why not all of them? tongue tongue tongue
the oda one is yoruba movie producer dt produces movie for d yoruba movie industry tongue tongue
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by tintingz(m): 8:07pm On Jan 05, 2014
katty40: Yes @tintingy 20yrs jos north to be specific,y do u sound surprised?
I'm surprised because 20yrs you don't understand nor can speak hausa? Maybe you don't communicate/interact much with the northerners or you don't have the intention to learn their language.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jan 05, 2014
cashkid18: the oda one is yoruba movie producer dt produces movie for d yoruba movie industry tongue tongue
sharap! Its english movies they make.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by tintingz(m): 8:14pm On Jan 05, 2014
superstar1: How can Igbo be claiming nollywood. Another of their numerous greediness and covetous nature showing again.

When did English become the official language of igbos. It is the official language of Nigeria. Others produce films in their language and English, why can't igbos produce Igbo films too. No wonder, Multichoice can,t give them a station, because they don't have audience.

It is either they are not proud of their culture or they don't have one. Simple. Even efik and ibibio people have started producing films in efik/ibibio

Na wa o. When will they leave tHis their greedy nature.

Nollywood refers to all the films produced in Nigeria.

Therefore all the tribes in Nigeria own Nollywood.
Well said. smiley
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by tintingz(m): 8:18pm On Jan 05, 2014
5.00GP:
The revenue generating potential of
Nigeria’s film industry otherwise known as
Nollywood, was once again brought to the
fore as the managing director of the
Nigerian Export Import Bank (NEXIM),
Robert Orya disclosed that the industry
generated about N126.4bn ($800m) in the
last three years, thus making it the third
highest movie revenue earner in the
world.
With a consistent production of over
2,400 yearly titles in the past three years
– 2,408; 2,514; and 2,621 in 2008, 2009
and 2010 respectively, NEXIM has
revealed that Nigeria is Africa’s biggest
movie producer. A 2011 data from the
Nigerian Film and Videos Census Board
(NFVCB) indicated that 1,743 and 1,234
movies were respectively registered and
approved. The percentages produced in
2012 in the main languages were English
(44% ), Yoruba (31%), Hausa (24%) and
Igbo (1%).

Meanwhile, the global film and
entertainment industry is reported to have
raked in about N14.3trillion ($90.6billion)
revenue in 2010, with an increased
projection of N16.2trillion ($102billion)
in 2012.
In global rankings, Hollywood still sets the
pace closely followed by India’s
Bollywood with Nollywood coming in at
third place.
-Nigerian Entertainment Today
Where are the igbos claiming Nollywood your igbo movies was rated 1% grin

Nollywood is not own by igbos but a Nigeria board of movies.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by itzlazzy(m): 8:21pm On Jan 05, 2014
TIV language
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by sholemania: 8:22pm On Jan 05, 2014
A Yoruba can talk 48hrs without bringing in an English word.. Tell an Igbo man to do the same!

Una better act fast on ur language cos its going extinction lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by tintingz(m): 8:23pm On Jan 05, 2014
Kaysalas:
Hymn.. teach me how you ate rating it so I can learn something new... pls don't turn me down. wink
LoL, I rated each dialect 100% its like a score.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by yimsy: 8:24pm On Jan 05, 2014
Ibibio is the easiest language 2 learn followed by Hausa

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

19 Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Okrika, Rivers State. Photos / Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife / Olori Sekinat-Elegushi Wife Of Oba Of Ikate Land [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.