Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,767 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? (69337 Views)

The Hardest of the 3 Major Language to Learn / Yoruba Language Is The Most Influential Nigerian Language Outside Nigeria. / Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by hybee607: 7:23am On Jan 05, 2014
ROCK-J:
Hausa is very easy to learn. The hardest is the Igbo language. In igbo language one word can have 4 different meanings due to d tone. Its so hard that even the igbo's add a lot of English when they speak to make it easier.
.........u no like e.g ordikwa serious grin
ROCK-J:
Hausa is very easy to learn. The hardest is the Igbo language. In igbo language one word can have 4 different meanings due to d tone. Its so hard that even the igbo's add a lot of English when they speak to make it easier.
.........u no lie e.g ordikwa serious

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by denitro(m): 7:26am On Jan 05, 2014
TVT KOKO: Please just try YORUBA!. Dat language is so swt dat i always feel d pain dat my mum being yoruba, didn't marry a yoruba and went to marry one ar$e-hole man,frm an arsé-hole tribe!

It pains me when those ar$e-hole pple use dere arsë-hole name to call an årse-hole me, Because i'm an ærse-hole! Yuck !

Racism
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 7:27am On Jan 05, 2014
Yoruba is easy to learn understand and speak
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by hybee607: 7:33am On Jan 05, 2014
Did u all believe dat 2ru music u can knw hw easy is a language.....yoruba has lots of music with d same language different tone entirely....e.g fuji,apala,awurebe,juju,ijala,waka.....and so on
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:34am On Jan 05, 2014
Of all the languages I have heard being spoken, Ikwerre appears to be the most difficult to learn by non-natives. I have never come across any person that has lived among the Ikwerre for years that can speak their language fluently.
Ikwerre, meka o.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by omoredia: 7:35am On Jan 05, 2014
Hausa is the easiest I have learnt cos u don't need accent to speak hausa fluently and u don't need to open ur mouth too wide like when u speak Yoruba.

3 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Ohraybs(m): 7:35am On Jan 05, 2014
MR. WHINNIG:
Igbo is one of the easiest languages to learn in Nigeria and also one of the richest languages in Africa. There are many dialects of Igbo: Onitsha/Delta Igbo, Awka/Central Anambra Igbo, Southern Anambra Igbo, Nsukka Igbo, Ngwo/Central Enugu Igbo, Owerri Igbo, Abakiliki/Ebonyi Igbo, Ohafia/Arochukwu/Abia Igbo, Ikwerre Igbo and Equatorial Guinea Igbo to mention but a few. But all of them are mutually intelligible, except for the Nsukka and Ebonyi dialects which have evolved separately over time because of their geographical isolation.

Igbo is also the second language of mainstream Nollywood after English.
I am personally attacking you here,Igbo of all Languages,Chai,my friend igbo is not recognised at all in the world..Yoruba is the most Language recognised in the world,Yoruba is the only course being accredited in Some American Universities for students to go study........Let's talk bout Nollywood aspect,after English,Yoruba Movie is the next cos I barely see Igbo movie in market,xcept ur states,and rite nw sef Yoruba movie don dey take over English sef cos almost all d English Actors and Actresses are comin over to Yoruba...........

6 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by MrEverest(m): 7:45am On Jan 05, 2014
5.00GP:
YORUBA LANGUAGE IS THE EASIEST NIGERIA LANGUAGE TO LEARN.

MAJORITY OF NIGERIA ARTISTES USES YORUBA LANGUAGE IN THEIR LYRICS

NOLLYWOOD MOVIES (ENGLISH ) USES YORUBA LANGUAGE SOMETIMES IN THEIR SCRIPT .....

YORUBA LANGUAGE IS ALSO SPOKEN IN EDO, DELTA......... ..
This is fallacy! 1.Yoruba is not d easiest Nigerian lang rather it is Hausa.

2. Due to Lagos factor, musicians used 2 add Yoryba phrases in their lyrics in order 2 appeal 2 d grassroots but 2day Igbo is used as much as the Yoruba, if not more in contemporary Nigerian songs but u may not observe it because of ur biased mindset.

3. U must b high on some cheap drugs 2 have said this, except on very rare cases when a character in Nollywood is told 2 act like a persona from the SW, it would be very difficult 2 hear actors speak Yoruba rather Igbo is mostly used intermittantly with English, this is why common Igbo phrases like chineke, o gini, biko, bia, nwanyi oma, igwe, etc etc are well known across Sub saharan Africa & beyond wherever they watch nollywood.

4. Aside Akoko area of Edo state where a dissimilar variant of Yoruba is spoken, where else? U even mentioned Delta state!! R u freaking kidding me? I knw of Uhrobo, Igbo, Itsekiri,Ijaw as indeginous 2 Delta state, pls prove me wrong!

Finally, ur type is the problem wit Nigeria because u see everything 2ru d prism of ethnocentrism even when d facts are glaringly on d contrary!

6 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by pazienza(m): 7:51am On Jan 05, 2014
Ohraybs:
I am personally attacking you here,Igbo of all Languages,Chai,my friend igbo is not recognised at all in the world..Yoruba is the most Language recognised in the world,Yoruba is the only course being accredited in Some American Universities for students to go study........Let's talk bout Nollywood aspect,after English,Yoruba Movie is the next cos I barely see Igbo movie in market,xcept ur states,and rite nw sef Yoruba movie don dey take over English sef cos almost all d English Actors and Actresses are comin over to Yoruba...........

You are a goat. If not, you would have known that nollywood is Igbowood packaged in English language with a heavy dose of Igbo language used to spice it up and breath life into it. The culture Nollywood depicts is Igbo, that's why you have Igwes,Ezes and Obis as Kings in Nollywood, and no Oba. Even olu jacobs had to act to learn one or two Igbo words to adapt to Igwe roles he often play. ozokwor speaks 70 percent English and 30 percent Igbo in her movies, the traditional weddings in Nollywood are quintessential Igbo traditional weddings, the dressings and even the village settings are unmistakeably Igbo. You must be blind and stupid not to have noticed these, all these while.

7 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Brymo: 7:54am On Jan 05, 2014
TVT KOKO: Please just try YORUBA!. Dat language is so swt dat i always feel d pain dat my mum being yoruba, didn't marry a yoruba and went to marry one ar$e-hole man,frm an arsé-hole tribe!

It pains me when those ar$e-hole pple use dere arsë-hole name to call an årse-hole me, Because i'm an ærse-hole! Yuck !
my best freind girl.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by FRANCISEKE1(m): 8:02am On Jan 05, 2014
AdannayaBella:
What do you mean by the typical main Igbo are found in Imo state? Are the Igbos or Igbo dialects from Anambra, Enugu, Abia, Delta and Ebonyi fake? undecided

Also, Ala/Ara can mean either bréast or madness. It is just different dialects. Some places say Ala while some say Ara but they both mean the same thing, bréast or madness, depending on the context in which it is used.
leave this onye ara wey never cross bridge.bobo when did you visit your village last?
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by HAH: 8:03am On Jan 05, 2014
The only language I saw corpers picked so easily during service year is hausa, hence I think it is the easiest
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Seyilome(m): 8:11am On Jan 05, 2014
Afam4eva:
Stop displaying ignorance to the world and learn when you're been taught by someone who's from Delta state. The languages spoken by natives in Delta state include but not limited to Igbo, Urhobo, Isoko, Ijaw and itsekiri. Only Itsekiri sounds like Yoruba but they're not even up to 7% of the population.
YOU TOO SHOULD KEEP QUITE AND DONT SAY WHAT YOU DONT KNOW, I HAVE A FRIEND FROM DELTA STATE IS INDIGENOUS NAME IS BANTOLE AND WHEN EVER HE SPEAKS IS LOCAL LANGUAGE WITH HIS SISTER I ALWAYS UNDERSTAND THEIR CONVERSATIONS CLEARLY AND I WENT TO HIM TO ASK AND HE SAID YES THEIR DIALECT IS YORUBA AND THEN WE BOTH COMMUNICATE IN YORUBA .......MIND YOU THE GUY IS NOT ITSEKIRI
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by felixdanielthed(m): 8:13am On Jan 05, 2014
Tobetoe: I must say dat English is among d world's easiest language and also its d most broad.. I believe until d advent of English to naija, we have been communicating better.. There ar still words which ar hard to translate frm English to our local lang. And frm our local lang. to English. I found it hard to know wat TABLE is called in IGBO(pls pls, can someone help me wit it). .xo English is easy and simple to learn.

Unlike our different dialect in niaja,for example ,my mom reads igbo Bible,but wen i looked at it,brotherly ,i tried to murmur out some words, it wasnt fun at all , ,I open dis thread to get to know our opinions on d easiest Nigerian lang.

I have lived in benin for 6 years,d bini lang. dat i know how to utter ar d greeting formalities ,dooo,domur sir,eeye wacoyo,worsunu and others, .i also believe ,assuming i had lived in d west,maybe i would being fluent in yoruba. . And my own language(igbo) nt dat easy oo,cos there ar many versions of igbo ,d typical main igbo ar found in Imo state, i speak little of anambra and delta igbo combined .i got dis problem be4. In ma town this two words ARA and ALA were misinterpreted as BREAST and MADNESS respectively,buh at my teenage time dat i found dat ARA means madness and ALA being breast. .common trend wit d igbo's and d yoruba's . . So Nlander's lets open d
floor of d house, . D easiest Nigerian language to learn perfectly . .hmm, i got wit IGBO. .and wat do u y'all think of hausa,urhobo,isoko,bini,izon,and d host of others.
bone all naija indigenous language na niaja pidgin english still b d easiest to communicate wit. Up waf town, ph city for dat
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by KDULAR: 8:18am On Jan 05, 2014
Based on places I've stayed duration of stay and how amiable friendly the people are I'll say in this order ( I'm Yoruba though and real Yoruba Language is very difficult with same words used in the same context may have different meanings, if not for modernization, some words and sentences thus not cannot be translated literarily). Etsako - Bini - Hausa - Nupe - Tiv- Igbo- ( Idoma/ Igala). Igbo's rarely teach others their language except probably the Delta ( Igbanke - ika ).
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Obeyman: 8:19am On Jan 05, 2014
swhiss: I'm an Igbo guy
Hausa is the easiest Naija language to learn and
Yoruba is the hardest (sounds like they are
fighting,too much Yoruba Yoruba , trust me you don't
want to learn it ) ,the accents and emphasis in Igbo
and Yoruba will cause a learner to bite his tongue.
Hausa is more free flowing,very romantic sounding
and is very light on the tongue.
Must u mention where u come from. Very dull thing. Igbo north, ur origin is in doubt.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by 500GP: 8:21am On Jan 05, 2014
o42austino: ur a big joke, tell me the song they sang in Yoruba that is a bigger hit more than the igbo ones? psquare who are d biggest act of them all biggest hits are all in igbo.

IT'S A LIE. ALL HOTTEST SONGS OF PSQUARE ARE NOT IN IGBO LANGUAGE...

PSQUARE - OLE BURUKU. IT'S SANG IN YORUBA N ENGLISH LANGUAGE
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by realsammie(m): 8:21am On Jan 05, 2014
I am yoruba but the easiest language to learn is Hausa follow by yoruba. I serve in imo state and i found it very difficult to catch dat igbo language. Igbo is so hard and full of tongue twisting. the most difficult language to learn is CALABAR.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Obeyman: 8:29am On Jan 05, 2014
chi4ik: I'm an IGBO but Hausa Language is very simple to Learn followed by Yoruba....
Igbo north keeps displaying ur ignorance. Very dull thing.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by frainc(m): 8:29am On Jan 05, 2014
Tobetoe: its d fastest in rap music, .
i rap fast in my language (delta ibo) to yoruba
mind you i was born and brought up in ibadan
meaning i eat yoruba like food

@ topic: delta ibo is very simple to lean
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by SpencerLewis(m): 8:32am On Jan 05, 2014
Yoruba can't be d easiest language, radar it is d noises of dem all. To me, d easier of dem is Hausa, not even my Igbo.
sexyteeola: Yoruba is the easiest language .....
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by timilehin007(m): 8:33am On Jan 05, 2014
Judging from your responses and quotes so far, I tink u have to gv it up for Yoruba, at least 52% so far went for Yoruba 37% for hausa nd 11% for igbo..so no-gain-say...its Yoruba

3 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by igbosarejews(m): 8:36am On Jan 05, 2014
igbo language is easy to understand,why it looks difficult for the other tribe to understand especially the yoorubas,is the belief ,in the superiority of their Yoruba,Yoruba language over any other language and their tribalistic nature, makes it difficult for them to understand any other language excet theirs. I give it to igbo language and hausa,course is easy to comprehend..

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Ohraybs(m): 8:37am On Jan 05, 2014
pazienza:

You are a goat. If not, you would have known that nollywood is Igbowood packaged in English language with a heavy dose of Igbo language used to spice it up and breath life into it. The culture Nollywood depicts is Igbo, that's why you have Igwes,Ezes and Obis as Kings in Nollywood, and no Oba. Even olu jacobs had to act to learn one or two Igbo words to adapt to Igwe roles he often play. ozokwor speaks 70 percent English and 30 percent Igbo in her movies, the traditional weddings in Nollywood are quintessential Igbo traditional weddings, the dressings and even the village settings are unmistakeably Igbo. You must be blind and stupid not to have noticed these, all these while.
Seriously,nw I see ow ur tinking is,Bro,will b bad if I start callin you names,buh I am a matured guy,buh wah I will tell you is that Igbo Language aint recognised at all,unlike Yoruba and Hausa,Guy,go look at the slogan na(WAZOBIA),tell me,where una dey,no be last......Am not tryin to b a racist here,buh I hve given u d truth bout dis issue.......Yoruba Nollywood is far better dan Igbo,and Igbo films aint popular like Yoruba......Happy New Year Dude.....

4 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by prymetex(m): 8:48am On Jan 05, 2014
are you serious about Hausa language being simple? The stuff to me seems harder than Chinese oh.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by tintingz(m): 8:49am On Jan 05, 2014
Mr Everest: This is fallacy! 1.Yoruba is not d easiest Nigerian lang rather it is Hausa.
agree
but not hard tho

2. Due to Lagos factor, musicians used 2 add Yoryba phrases in their lyrics in order 2 appeal 2 d grassroots but 2day Igbo is used as much as the Yoruba, if not more in contemporary Nigerian songs but u may not observe it because of ur biased mindset.
LoLZ, and why are this igbo musician floating around Lagos? Why can't they go back to their state and release a song in their igbo language if it will even pass their backyard grin

Most popular songs winning awards and most played abroad are with yoruba phrase that's another fact. The only two. Igbo artiste I enjoy their music is phyno and flavor, if not for olamide featuring phyno in ghost mode I won't even know that guy to be a good rapper. smiley

3. U must b high on some cheap drugs 2 have said this, except on very rare cases when a character in Nollywood is told 2 act like a persona from the SW, it would be very difficult 2 hear actors speak Yoruba rather Igbo is mostly used intermittantly with English, this is why common Igbo phrases like chineke, o gini, biko, bia, nwanyi oma, igwe, etc etc are well known across Sub saharan Africa & beyond wherever they watch nollywood.
And how many yoruba artiste do you find in english movies? Yoruba movies is more loved by people than this same wack stories on english movies(execpt for the high budget ones) am not a fan of nollywood movies but here in lagos many igbo people prefer watching yoruba movies even in abroad yoruba movies is most recognized next to english movies.

If english movies is own by igbos why can't they speak full igbo in their movies why in english? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by timilehin007(m): 8:50am On Jan 05, 2014
Ohraybs:
Seriously,nw I see ow ur tinking is,Bro,will b bad if I start callin you names,buh I am a matured guy,buh wah I will tell you is that Igbo Language aint recognised at all,unlike Yoruba and Hausa,Guy,go look at the slogan na(WAZOBIA),tell me,where una dey,no be last......Am not tryin to b a racist here,buh I hve given u d truth bout dis issue.......Yoruba Nollywood is far better dan Igbo,and Igbo films aint popular like Yoruba......Happy New Year Dude.....

Same to you my brother...God punish hatters Ibos are foreigners, dey don't really belong here they are originally from Equatorial guinea if not for the love nd the hopitality we have they are not suppose to be in that WAZOBIA, they have to settle for the 3rd place.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by sCun: 8:51am On Jan 05, 2014
«—M®×L¹MPºPº ™:

If Akwa ibomites and Cross Riverians are now south easterners.

i wonder what Abians and Imolites wld be undecided
Have you checked your map lately?
Or you believe the lies told to you in the name of geo-political zones?
You actually believe Edo and far away cross river are in the same south south?
Get a map of Nigeria, take your time and study it.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by phase1: 8:52am On Jan 05, 2014
okay na

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by frainc(m): 8:57am On Jan 05, 2014
to people that are saying yoruba language is simple to lean,
how can you say that a language that have diff. meaning to one word is simple?

EXAMPLE:

OGUN : war
OGUN : medicine
OGUN : state
OGUN : gods

or
OOGHU : twenty
OOGHU : inheritance

or

OOGBON : thirty
OOGBON : wisdom

or

IGBA : time
IGBA : calabash
IGBA : two hundred
IGBA : garden egg

so what are we talkin about,
hausa and delta ibo are the easiest language to lean.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 8:58am On Jan 05, 2014
Africa magic has yoruba and hausa channels but no igbo channel. The little igbo movies produced are smuggled into the africa magic english. Igbo language is becoming extinct dats why they lack traditional musicians in this dispensation unlike yorubas who have yinka ayefele, lagbaja, wasiu ayinde marshal, pasuma, osupa, tope alabi, haruna ishola etc all doing well home and abroad and are richer than most of naija hiphop acts.

Flavor is the only igbo musician in this dispensation that i know and still not as popular as wizkid tongue

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (24) (Reply)

19 Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Okrika, Rivers State. Photos / Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife / Olori Sekinat-Elegushi Wife Of Oba Of Ikate Land [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.