Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,353 members, 7,800,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:39 AM

Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation (27944 Views)

Ex-President Jonathan's Message & Wishes To Muslims / House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS / President Jonathan's Message Ahead Of Tomorrows Election. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by LMAyedun(m): 5:43pm On Dec 31, 2013
TEXT OF A NEW YEAR MESSAGE TO THE NATION FROM PRESIDENT GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN

Dear Compatriots,

I greet and felicitate with you all as we enter the year 2014 which promises to be a momentous one for our country for several reasons, including the fact that it is also the year of our great nation’s centenary celebrations. I join you all in giving thanks to God Almighty for guiding us and our beloved nation safely through all the challenges of the outgoing year to the beginning of 2014.

Exactly 100 years ago today, on January 1, 1914, the British Colonial authorities amalgamated what was then the separate Protectorates of Southern Nigeria and Northern Nigeria, giving birth to the single geopolitical entity known as Nigeria. For us therefore, today is not just the beginning of a new year, but the end of a century of national existence and the beginning of another. It is a moment for sober reflection and for pride in all that is great about Nigeria.

Whatever challenges we may have faced, whatever storms we may have confronted and survived, Nigeria remains a truly blessed country, a country of gifted men and women who continue to distinguish themselves in all spheres of life, a country whose diversity remains a source of strength. We pay tribute today, as always to our founding fathers and mothers, and all the heroes and heroines whose toil and sweat over the century made this country what it is today.

As I noted, a few days ago, the amalgamation of 1914 was certainly not a mistake but a blessing. As we celebrate 100 years of nationhood, we must resolve to continue to work together as one, united people, to make our country even greater.

I assure you that our administration remains fully committed to the progressive development of our country and the consolidation of peace, unity and democratic governance in our fatherland. Despite several continuing domestic and global challenges, for us in Nigeria, the year 2013 witnessed many positive developments which we will strive to build upon in 2014.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/12/31/jonathan-welcomes-nigerians-to-new-century-of-amalgamation/?

27 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by DonColz1(m): 5:58pm On Dec 31, 2013
Happy New Year Mr President.

But your report card are as follows:
* Promises - A1
* Project delivery - F9

106 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 31, 2013
DonColz1: Happy New Year Mr President.

* Promises - A1
* Project delivery - F9

seconded

13 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by phillippiano(m): 6:27pm On Dec 31, 2013
Mtcheww

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by IdJack(m): 6:27pm On Dec 31, 2013
thanks mr president

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by yunglykmine(m): 6:27pm On Dec 31, 2013
Nigeria remains a truly blessed
country.

God bless the Yoruba people.
God bless the Igbo people.
God bless the Hausa people.
God bless the Okun people.
We are ONE, we are Nigerians.

God bless GEJ.
Long live Federal Republic of Nigeria.

45 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by guttentag(m): 6:28pm On Dec 31, 2013
I don already buy 80litres of fuel incase the dude increase fuel price AGAIN ooO

17 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by Ballo52(m): 6:29pm On Dec 31, 2013
Thanks mr president. We hope u fulfill your promises this coming year
Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by omozuat(m): 6:29pm On Dec 31, 2013
op he did nt remove any subsidy ds tym
Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by luv22(m): 6:29pm On Dec 31, 2013
Baba jonathan, better find solutn to boko haram stuff

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by bizfirst: 6:30pm On Dec 31, 2013
guttentag: I don already buy 80litres of fuel incase the dude increase fuel price AGAIN ooO

I can't help laughing...

But seriously, maybe, we should all expect a 'new year gift' from Mr. President!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by goingsolo: 6:31pm On Dec 31, 2013
Happy new year..Mr.President
Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by taiocol: 6:31pm On Dec 31, 2013
ok. Is it in advance or did he 4got 2day is 31
Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by yussuff(m): 6:31pm On Dec 31, 2013
Mr failure. We'll love to hear more of your promises in 2014. More committee's. More privatisation. More banning. Happy new year to you sir.

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by mazizitonene(m): 6:32pm On Dec 31, 2013
Wetin him talk ?
Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 31, 2013
I prefer Tambuwal's message...he is insisting on Centenerary celebrations to justify spending our money. No sense at all.
Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by martinifeanyi(m): 6:32pm On Dec 31, 2013
Mr. Presido
ooooooooooooshe.
Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by Macbriz(m): 6:32pm On Dec 31, 2013
For Fun, Skills and
Development, I
Love You Guys: Add My BB Pin:
2686B26D
Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by free2ryhme: 6:33pm On Dec 31, 2013
mstchew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

him and his wife should explain the below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=egZqengwFnI
Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by Drclassic(m): 6:33pm On Dec 31, 2013
Thank you Mr president. We hope to see good things
Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by chelseabmw(m): 6:33pm On Dec 31, 2013
YES BO$$

MR PRESIDENT, ON BEHAVE OF NAIRALANDERS WE WISH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY HAPPY NEW YEAR

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by guttentag(m): 6:33pm On Dec 31, 2013
#bizfirst#:

I can't help laughing...

But seriously, maybe, we should all expect a 'new year gift' from Mr. President!

My broda expect the worst from the Dude oooO
Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by cannonnier(m): 6:33pm On Dec 31, 2013
DonColz1: Happy New Year Mr President.

* Promises - A1
* Project delivery - F9
B) true
Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by pendusky(m): 6:34pm On Dec 31, 2013
thanks mr President, I want to thank you for the fresh air in 2013 though some months we were breathing blood, caused by BH. I hope we will expects new year gift from the FG!

I hope my dearAkwa Ibom is to be chosen as reference point for next year's centenary celebration.

thanks thanks thanks thanks God bless you

#NewAkwaIbom #NewAkwaIbom

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by Tobitrueman(m): 6:34pm On Dec 31, 2013
True talk. Mr GEJ, please do well to 'WALK D TALK' .

Thank God. My first time; front page thing. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by Nobody: 6:34pm On Dec 31, 2013
okay u should have delivered this on exactly 12:00am 01 JAN 2014 angry
Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by emmanuelson20: 6:35pm On Dec 31, 2013
Abeggi! We are tired of your promises. By Lord's grace, i wish everyone the best this New Year.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by israkin01: 6:35pm On Dec 31, 2013
Ur letter compiler try no be small. Happy New Year Anyway bros J
Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by Nobody: 6:36pm On Dec 31, 2013
guttentag:

My broda expect the worst from the Dude oooO
lol 1st of Jan last yr was really an epic drama. grin
Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by greatgod2012(f): 6:36pm On Dec 31, 2013
Happy New Year, Mr President.
I pray to God to give you the power and wisdom to rule this our country better in this coming year in Jesus name.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by Akalia(m): 6:37pm On Dec 31, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]with all due respect to his excellency, I say thank you sir for the message. Still with all due respect sir, I like to make some appeals:
(1) Put your house in order(PDP).
(2) Don't make more promises but achieve a 95% delivery on previous promises.
(3) Make more friends and cut down on number of enemies as d new year unveils itself.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by Clerverly: 6:38pm On Dec 31, 2013
I assure you that our administration remains fully committed to the progressive development of our country and the consolidation of peace, unity and democratic governance in our fatherland. Despite several continuing domestic and global challenges, for us in Nigeria, the year 2013 witnessed many positive developments which we will strive to build upon in 2014.

This is actually what he had mind

I assure you that our administration remains fully committed to the progressive underdevelopment of our country and the consolidation of acrimony, disunity and undemocratic governance in our fatherland. Despite several continuing domestic and global opposition to that, for us in Nigeria, the year 2013 witnessed many Negative developments which we will strive to build upon in 2014.

Mr. Good No Go Gree cool cool cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Alaba Akintayo Kolawole Resigns As Osun Accountant General Over Paris Club Refun / Hoodlums Loot A Church In Ogun (Video) / Anti-demolition Protest Breaks Out In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.