Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

Make A Wish For Nigeria! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Make A Wish For Nigeria! (3871 Views)

My Advert Not A Death Wish For Buhari, Fayose Tells American Diplomats / Spell Cast On Fayose For His Death Wish For Buhari (video) / Make A Wish For Nigeria On Her 51st Independence Anniversary Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Make A Wish For Nigeria! by DeepZone: 4:36am On Aug 06, 2008
If God appeared to you now and asks for just ONE wish on Nigeria from you which He'll surely grant , what will your wish be?
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by AloyEmeka9: 5:58am On Aug 06, 2008
Convert all Nigerian moslems to Christ so they can also enjoy the benefits of salvation given to me for free.
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 06, 2008
God will not be so foolish to give Nigerians such a lazy opportunity. He sure does know that he has done so much for Nigeria.

But if he insists, trust me, most Nigerians will wish he made them president of the country so that they can embezzle public funds like others have been doing, then they will go on to wish that holy ghost fire destroys all their presumed enemies and people who don't see things the way they see it.

Greedy Nigerians!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by angel101(f): 12:33pm On Aug 06, 2008
I wish for effecient power supply.

@nuzo
y dont u make ur own wish
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 06, 2008
I, along with over 100 million Nigerians have been praying in churches/mosques and making wishes since when Nigeria and Nigerians started falling apart; it has resulted to little or nothing. In that light, i will not make any wish if God poses me with such an opportunity.
I could make a wish for the destitutes in Nigeria and the children and women in Dafour, but for Nigeria as a country; no way!!!

@angel101
God cant be a slowpoke by granting you and Nigeria an efficient power supply when he has already done it for you in the first place. Nigerians are simply busy indulging in one form of corruption or the other that they have refused to notice the abundant natural resources God has left for them. (gas flaring)
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by ssRhino: 1:50pm On Aug 06, 2008
I wish that all the leaders, ex and present that doesnt have a good mind for nija die one after the other.
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 06, 2008
Stop the greed, this in iteself will help and improve many things in Nigeria.
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by folahann(m): 3:52pm On Aug 06, 2008
Just remove Nigeria from the world smiley
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by tpia: 4:10pm On Aug 06, 2008
@ nuzo- you're so bitter. undecided

You can't lighten up even for one minute?

na wa.

You remind me of Atlas, in Greek mythology- carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders.

@ Folahann- watch Zathura or You Wish.
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 06, 2008
Unfortunately for you, being bitter for the miseries, opportunities and embarrassments Nigeria and her people has cost me and my folks is quiet different from carrying the goddamned country and that of the world on my shoulder.

However, i hope to do that someday; when that day comes; body go tell everybody wen dey involved.
For now, i don't give a hoot. cool
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by agaba123(m): 7:35pm On Aug 06, 2008
That Nigerians should change there attitude
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by Arnold1(m): 7:39pm On Aug 06, 2008
I will ask God to provide Nigeria with a leader that would put the country's interest before
his, his family's, his tribe or religion.

The problem with Nigeria is good leadership. With a good visionary leader, Nigeria can reach the
mountain top. If those asian countries can turn their fortunes around, why not Nigeria ?
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by tpia: 7:41pm On Aug 06, 2008
nuzo:

Unfortunately for you, being bitter for the miseries, opportunities and embarrassments Nigeria and her people has cost me and my folks is quiet different from carrying the goddamned country and that of the world on my shoulder.

However, i hope to do that someday; when that day comes; body go tell everybody when dey involved.
For now, i don't give a hoot. cool

sorry at your bitterness then. I fully sympathize with you.

However, you only have one life to live.

You can spend it being bitter.
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 06, 2008
Thank you.
I just hope you can leave me alone with my bitterness now. Its not by force to make a wish for your Nigeria.
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 06, 2008
I'm not scared of short life, only worthless life dreads me.
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by Kobojunkie: 10:04pm On Aug 06, 2008
rotflmao!!!!!!
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by tpia: 11:31pm On Aug 06, 2008
nuzo:

Thank you.
I just hope you can leave me alone with my bitterness now. Its not by force to make a wish for your Nigeria.

neither is it by force to post on this thread.

why not open a thread for raining curses on Nigeria, if that will make you happy. undecided

short life oh, long life oh, worthless life oh, valuable life oh- na only one single life per person.undecided
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by AloyEmeka9: 11:36pm On Aug 06, 2008
I'll wish for the total eradication of polygamy, that will surely do away with poverty to a considerable extent. All these 'alaba suru' women carrying loads at idumota just to feed their kids and pay daily tithe to jobless baba that married 10 of them will for once regain their lives. Nonsense.
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by DeepZone: 12:51am On Aug 07, 2008
God will not be so foolish to give Nigerians such a lazy opportunity. He sure does know that he has done so much for Nigeria.

But if he insists, trust me, most Nigerians will wish he made them president of the country so that they can embezzle public funds like others have been doing, then they will go on to wish that holy ghost fire destroys all their presumed enemies and people who don't see things the way they see it.

Greedy Nigerians!!!!!!!!!!!

Na waoh!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by DeepZone: 12:53am On Aug 07, 2008
None of you will ask God for a female president?
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by Kobojunkie: 1:21am On Aug 07, 2008
DeepZone:

None of you will ask God for a female president?

Anyone who would make such a wish would be one who believes God or whoever is supposed to grant such a wish is concerned about what hangs between the legs of the being who is to become president of the country. I personally think that will be a really shallow request from a shallow mind. That is just my opinion of people and ideas that attach so much importance to such things as gender, race or creed.

nuzo:

Thank you.

I second your right to be bitter and not make a wish for Nigeria.
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by Nobody: 4:24am On Aug 07, 2008
Only in Nigeria do people celebrate long and worthless lives. It's just a pity.
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by DeepZone: 5:02am On Aug 07, 2008
Anyone who would make such a wish would be one who believes God or whoever is supposed to grant such a wish is concerned about what hangs between the legs of the being who is to become president of the country. I personally think that will be a really shallow request from a shallow mind. That is just my opinion of people and ideas that attach so much importance to such things as gender, race or creed

You think God is not concerned on how women are marginalized in Nigeria?
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by ojubi(m): 6:06am On Aug 07, 2008
MY DEAR NIGERIA, U ARE JUST A NAME AND AN ENTITI AND NOT A COUNTRY. POEPLE THAT LIVE ISIDE OF U ARE NOT UNITED AND CAN NEVER FORGIVE EACH OTHER. INSTED OF PROGRESSING U ARE REGRESING ON DAILY BASES. YOUR ILLS, PAINS AND DISSAPOIMENT ARE TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NUMERUOS TO MENTION.
COULD U PLS SPLIT INTO 4 OR 5 COUNTRIES?
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by DeepZone: 6:13am On Aug 07, 2008
COULD You PLS SPLIT INTO 4 OR 5 COUNTRIES?

Is this your wish?
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 07, 2008
Are you going to cruxify him for that? Afteral, you asked people to make a wish. . . . . . . . . . different people, different opinion. ok?
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by Godalone(m): 10:21am On Aug 07, 2008
Long live Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by abdurrazaq(m): 10:41am On Aug 07, 2008
ojubi:

MY DEAR NIGERIA, You ARE JUST A NAME AND AN ENTITI AND NOT A COUNTRY. POEPLE THAT LIVE ISIDE OF You ARE NOT UNITED AND CAN NEVER FORGIVE EACH OTHER. INSTED OF PROGRESSING You ARE REGRESING ON DAILY BASES. YOUR ILLS, PAINS AND DISSAPOIMENT ARE TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NUMERUOS TO MENTION.
COULD You PLS SPLIT INTO 4 OR 5 COUNTRIES?
Seconded angry
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by Kobojunkie: 2:26pm On Aug 07, 2008
DeepZone:

You think God is not concerned on how women are marginalized in Nigeria?

Asking God for a female president has nothing to do with caring about how women are marginalized in Nigeria. I am sure God is not stupid and knows that.
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by JeSoul(f): 2:49pm On Aug 07, 2008
wow so much hate towards Nigeria . . . some of you fellas need a hug kiss cool

Deepzone, I wish God will afford me the heart and opportunity to make a difference in the life of at least one nigerian.
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by DeepZone: 3:08pm On Aug 07, 2008
Thanks Jesoul, at least a sister has our interest in her heart

@Topic:

It's appalling that we Nigerians complain everyday about the sorry state of the nation but assuming we have a chance to make a change, we'll ignore it. Seriously? The purpose of this thread was to go into our hearts to see what we have in stock for our great nation.

The US economy is bad now, the avg citizen complains a lot about the current govt but amidst that, he/she still prays fervently that God will bless and help America go through difficulties even if it didn't happen in his/her lifetime but let it be assured that his/her kids will have a better life than him/her. How many among us can be that patriotic even if it's within our 200 nautical miles? Wey you Nigerians?
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by Kobojunkie: 3:19pm On Aug 07, 2008
DeepZone:

Thanks Jesoul, at least a sister has our interest in her heart

@Topic:

It's appalling that we Nigerians complain everyday about the sorry state of the nation but assuming we have a chance to make a change, we'll ignore it. Seriously? The purpose of this thread was to go into our hearts to see what we have in stock for our great nation.

The US economy is bad now, the avg citizen complains a lot about the current govt but amidst that, he/she still prays fervently that God will bless and help America go through difficulties even if it didn't happen in his/her lifetime but let it be assured that his/her kids will have a better life than him/her. How many among us can be that patriotic even if it's within our 200 nautical miles? Wey you Nigerians?

You, in your response assume that the only good response is a wish filled with sloppy kissy feel-good wishes for Nigeria. Are you sure that the millions of Nigerians who have prayed and continued to pray for Nigeria in that way have not done enough of that? Maybe what Nigeria now needs is to be hit with reality in a hard way. Maybe what the country needs at this point is a big jolt of reality to get things right. Wishing for God to do this and that has not done us much in the past.

Come on!! Are you telling me that you only opened this thread to get goody-two-shoe responses? You should state that in your Topic if that is the case.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

More Insult From Ghana - Nigeria Now Regarded As A Case Study / 2013 Day Of The African Child In Umuahia / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.