Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

Are Dark Skin Ladies Going Extinct In Nigeria? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Dark Skin Ladies Going Extinct In Nigeria? (5301 Views)

Why Guys Should Stop Complaining About Ladies Going After Readymade Men / Why Do Light Skin Ladies Get So Much Hate? / What's The Fuss Over Light Skinned Ladies?shout Out To The Brown Skin Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Dark Skin Ladies Going Extinct In Nigeria? by acidtalk: 7:56pm On Dec 31, 2013
Have you taken note of recent that there are far more fair ladies in Lagos than the normale chocolate and dark skin coloured ladies we have always known.

I came across a secondary school mate of mine at the mall earlier today, this lady was darker than 'Night' way back then. Even under the shining sun all you could see then was her eyes and teeth. Whenever we needed to snap a group picture in school, we hired a 'Flood Light' just for her sake because Camera Flash wasn't just good enough. Now seeing this girl today she was fairer than Jennifer Lopez. I was almost thinking she was Mexican or Carreabian if not because she introduced herself.

On and on the story goes. My question is why are these ladies abandoning their God given beautiful skin and craving to have something different.

I hope these people know Toning and bleaching cream are the number one cause of sking cancer.

I don't have any issue with a lady bleaching but my concern is this same lady start turning green and having spots on the cheeks as kneck as time goes by and totally lose their beauty entirely.

1 Like

Re: Are Dark Skin Ladies Going Extinct In Nigeria? by acidtalk: 8:00pm On Dec 31, 2013
Let's share our experiences with ladies who became 'oyinbo' over night even when they were initially darker than Koffi and Nene (Ghanians).
Re: Are Dark Skin Ladies Going Extinct In Nigeria? by Enegod(m): 8:03pm On Dec 31, 2013
grin

1 Like

Re: Are Dark Skin Ladies Going Extinct In Nigeria? by chifreke(f): 8:03pm On Dec 31, 2013
There problem of course....inferiority complex i guess....
I fell in love wit my hubby complexion at first (he is dark skinned) am dark skin....i lov dark skin it is great in my sight!

2 Likes

Re: Are Dark Skin Ladies Going Extinct In Nigeria? by Popowaa: 8:05pm On Dec 31, 2013
acidtalk: Let's share our experiences with ladies who became 'oyinbo' over night even when they were initially darker than Koffi and Nene (Ghanians).
Why do Nigerians assume that all Ghanaians are "black"angry

4 Likes

Re: Are Dark Skin Ladies Going Extinct In Nigeria? by Slasha1(f): 8:15pm On Dec 31, 2013
Seriously, It's everywhere. But,guy you can exaggerate ocheesy

2 Likes

Re: Are Dark Skin Ladies Going Extinct In Nigeria? by Drniyi4u(m): 8:17pm On Dec 31, 2013
w't'f! darker than night
Re: Are Dark Skin Ladies Going Extinct In Nigeria? by fr3do(m): 8:17pm On Dec 31, 2013
Mental slavery

1 Like

Re: Are Dark Skin Ladies Going Extinct In Nigeria? by davida222(m): 8:18pm On Dec 31, 2013
@ op
99% Of Nigerian Girls In 21st
Century Suffer From Low Self-
Esteem.
https://www.nairaland.com/1575318/99-nigerian-girls-21st-century

2 Likes

Re: Are Dark Skin Ladies Going Extinct In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 31, 2013
lol. but actually dark girls move me twice faster than light skinned girls

4 Likes

Re: Are Dark Skin Ladies Going Extinct In Nigeria? by CircleOfWilis: 8:48pm On Dec 31, 2013
bleaching cream cheap nw!
Re: Are Dark Skin Ladies Going Extinct In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 31, 2013
Popowaa: Why do Nigerians assume that all Ghanaians are "black"angry
are they not black?
Re: Are Dark Skin Ladies Going Extinct In Nigeria? by Olugbenger(m): 9:44pm On Dec 31, 2013
Don't be silly. He mentioned names. undecided
Re: Are Dark Skin Ladies Going Extinct In Nigeria? by NosoChic: 9:51pm On Dec 31, 2013
While some ladies will argue that most men prefer lighter ladies........I am of the opinion that this is not good enough reason for bleaching.

Plus there are so many CHEAP bleaching creams in our market grin

We all just need to love the way we appear and try to keep a clean appearance whether fair or dark.

I

3 Likes

Re: Are Dark Skin Ladies Going Extinct In Nigeria? by acidtalk: 9:56pm On Dec 31, 2013

I visit Accra a whole lot. Believe me, more than 65% of Ghanians are very dark skinned, especially their men.

1 Like

Re: Are Dark Skin Ladies Going Extinct In Nigeria? by acidtalk: 9:58pm On Dec 31, 2013
Slasha!:
Seriously, It's everwhere. But,guy you can exaggerate ocheesy

Lol!
Author must chop now. Make hunger no kill am.
Re: Are Dark Skin Ladies Going Extinct In Nigeria? by acidtalk: 9:59pm On Dec 31, 2013
Drniyi4u: w't'f! darker than night

You no believe?
Make her send her picture? But you go still need touchlight or florescent to mange see traces of her face.
Re: Are Dark Skin Ladies Going Extinct In Nigeria? by acidtalk: 10:02pm On Dec 31, 2013
davida222: @ op
99% Of Nigerian Girls In 21st
Century Suffer From Low Self-
Esteem.
https://www.nairaland.com/1575318/99-nigerian-girls-21st-century

I so much believe that's the number one problem. Number two might being following fashion trend not thinking of the side effect in the nearest future.
Re: Are Dark Skin Ladies Going Extinct In Nigeria? by acidtalk: 10:04pm On Dec 31, 2013
Circle-Of-Wilis:
bleaching cream cheap nw!

Cheap and DANGEROUS.
Re: Are Dark Skin Ladies Going Extinct In Nigeria? by Dhelake: 11:02pm On Dec 31, 2013
Because many of those we know and have seen are VERY BLACK
Re: Are Dark Skin Ladies Going Extinct In Nigeria? by Dhelake: 11:03pm On Dec 31, 2013
Dem Don bleach finish
Re: Are Dark Skin Ladies Going Extinct In Nigeria? by acidtalk: 12:26am On Jan 01, 2014
^^^
Imagine trvaeling out of town for only 3 months only to come back to see that dark girl you have been toasting and admiring turn to an ethiopian. She recognizes you but you no sabi am again.

Imagine one lady turning to mexican overnight amogst 12 black 'ghanian' children. When her her father dies, he will his property to his eleven under children except the mexican with a note stating "wherever you have hidden my daughter bring her out. If you think you can impersonate her because of my properties then you are wrong because my daughter is black and you are Not!"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Dark Skin Ladies Going Extinct In Nigeria? by DJDOLA(m): 2:23am On Jan 01, 2014
Well most black people get annoyed when u call them skin dudu especially nigeria girls dats why they go for bleaching..they prefer u call them yellow pawpaw or omo pupa

1 Like

Re: Are Dark Skin Ladies Going Extinct In Nigeria? by Drniyi4u(m): 3:04am On Jan 01, 2014
acidtalk:

You no believe?
Make her send her picture? But you go still need touchlight or florescent to mange see traces of her face.
grin grin grin
Re: Are Dark Skin Ladies Going Extinct In Nigeria? by shizzle11(m): 6:25am On Jan 01, 2014
only a stewpid girl suffering from low self esteem will go bleaching go enhance her attractiveness... it is a wholesome turn off for me.

There is this people from a certain part of the country that are very notorious for that

3 Likes

Re: Are Dark Skin Ladies Going Extinct In Nigeria? by dejibimbo(m): 7:29am On Jan 01, 2014
NosoChic: While some ladies will argue that most men prefer lighter ladies........I am of the opinion that this is not good enough reason for bleaching.

Plus there are so many CHEAP bleaching creams in our market grin

We all just need to love the way we appear and try to keep a clean appearance whether fair or dark.

I
lady bleaching because of men....*smh* what kind of mentality is dat, animals?....what happened to self esteem sef? Tho I've seen some show of low self esteem, but this too....dats far fetched.
Don't dey even think of years from now, would they be able to maintain a bleached body? And if they are not? Won't their said man who married "an oyinbo" hate them? They should try and think ahead now....
They should remember the days their forehead will start turning dark, and the face as a whole will be a disaster, they should remember, when the feet riots with the body to go back to their original colour, when the knee contrasts the other part of the body, the elbow becomes sore to the eye, the knuckles then sets in..... I shake my head in pity....#myFirstPostIn2014 acidtalk you are honoured

2 Likes

Re: Are Dark Skin Ladies Going Extinct In Nigeria? by acidtalk: 7:38am On Jan 01, 2014
dejibimbo:
lady bleaching because of men....*smh* what kind of mentality is dat, animals?....what happened to self esteem sef? Tho I've seen some show of low self esteem, but this too....dats far fetched.
Don't dey even think of years from now, would they be able to maintain a bleached body? And if they are not? Won't their said man who married "an oyinbo" hate them? They should try and think ahead now....
They should remember the days their forehead will start turning dark, and the face as a whole will be a disaster, they should remember, when the feet riots with the body to go back to their original colour, when the knee contrasts the other part of the body, the elbow becomes sore to the eye, the knuckles then sets in..... I shake my head in pity....#myFirstPostIn2014 acidtalk you are honoured

I feel hnoured (at your last line).

But seriously these ladies who bleach away their future and don't think of the side effect it has tomorrow are just like those men who blow away their earnings to live a fake life forgetting they need to save real hard for the raining days.

1 Like

Re: Are Dark Skin Ladies Going Extinct In Nigeria? by acidtalk: 7:41am On Jan 01, 2014
shizzle11: only a stewpid girl suffering from low self esteem will go bleaching go enhance her attractiveness... it is a wholesome turn off for me.

There is this people from a certain part of the country that are very notorious for that

Please can we try to stay on point and not tribalize this discussion. That is what I detest most so please stay on topic.

We can and will surely have a united Nigeria if we keep such shallow mentality away from our thoughts.

1 Like

Re: Are Dark Skin Ladies Going Extinct In Nigeria? by Pimples(m): 9:59am On Jan 01, 2014
I am attracted to light skinned women that are naturally light skinned.
But the fake ones that bleach thoroughly disgust me.........
Wonder how I spot the fake ones?
Just look at their legs..... It will usually be dark
While their faces will be glowing like MJ.

1 Like

Re: Are Dark Skin Ladies Going Extinct In Nigeria? by Beehorn(f): 10:25am On Jan 01, 2014
DJDOLA: Well most black people get annoyed when u call them skin dudu especially nigeria girls dats why they go for bleaching..they prefer u call them yellow pawpaw or omo pupa

i lyk it when people call me skin dudu or black and shine.
Re: Are Dark Skin Ladies Going Extinct In Nigeria? by ochon: 10:34am On Jan 01, 2014
Here we go again. Just cos you had a dark lady friend that needed a "flood light cos the camera flash wasn't good enough", but is now fair, has made you ask such a pathetic question. Nigerians have both chocolate and fair girls. My maternal side nieces and aunts are all fair from birth, does it mean they're bleaching?. My sis is chocolate and still is, is she bleaching?. How many ladies have you met?. Is genevive nnaji not chocolate, did you find her bleaching?. They're a lot of dark ladies in the street as well as fair ladies, just because one or two people you know bleached doesn't validate your lame questions. The truth is, nigerian girls are not as dark as the sengalese and malian ladies e.t.c. Some of them are bleaching, knowingly and unknowingly, but it doesn't warrant you asking if the dark skinned ones have gone extinct. I wonder if it's the same Nigeria we both live cos I see hundreds of dark skinned beauties every goddamn day!!. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Are Dark Skin Ladies Going Extinct In Nigeria? by acidtalk: 2:45pm On Jan 01, 2014
^^^
Clap for yourself.
But read through again. This time with a binoculars and point to where it was stated that "all Nigerian ladies are bleaching".
The question is, are dark skin ladies going extinct in Nigeria.
Don't forget we aren't talking of those who are natural fair skin but rather those who overnight turn to Mexican.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My thoughts on friend-zoning / thread closed / I Had An Unprotected Sex With My Girlfriend. What's Going To Happen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.