Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

Muslims Congratulating One Another On The Occasion Of The Gregorian New Year - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims Congratulating One Another On The Occasion Of The Gregorian New Year (572 Views)

Ruling On Congratulating One Another On Fridays - Sheikh Solih Fawzaan / Gregorian Calendar Is A Scam. / Fatwa On Muslims Congratulating Non-muslims On Their Holidays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslims Congratulating One Another On The Occasion Of The Gregorian New Year by good4all: 8:42pm On Dec 31, 2013
Ruling on Muslims congratulating
one another on the occasion of the
Gregorian New Year

Is it permissible for muslims to congratulate
each other and give duaa on the new year
based on the Gregorian calendar without the
intention of celebrating it ?
Praise be to Allah.
It is not permissible for the Muslims to
exchange greetings on the occasion of the
Gregorian New Year, and it is not
permissible for them to celebrate it, because
both of these matters involve imitation of
the kuffaar, and we have been forbidden to
do that.
The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be
upon him) said: “Whoever imitates a people
is one of them.” Narrated by Abu Dawood ,
4031; classed as saheeh by al- Albaani in
Saheeh Sunan Abi Dawood
Moreover, offering greetings on this day
that comes back each year comes under the
heading of celebrating it and taking it as a
festival, which is also forbidden.
And Allah knows best.

source: islamqa.com
Re: Muslims Congratulating One Another On The Occasion Of The Gregorian New Year by Bsmartt(m): 10:25pm On Dec 31, 2013
Please if I May ask, what if the thing to be imitated is beneficial to all for example technology or tourism potential.I know today that Dubai is built majorly by the kuffars, I mean the engineering firm employed. May Allah guide us.....Ameen.
Re: Muslims Congratulating One Another On The Occasion Of The Gregorian New Year by maclatunji: 8:27am On Jan 01, 2014
^Imitations in that context means copying the religious practice of other people.

I can copy using chopsticks from the Chinese but it is unislamic to celebrate the Chinese new year which is different from January 1.

1 Like

Re: Muslims Congratulating One Another On The Occasion Of The Gregorian New Year by pmc01(m): 10:04am On Jan 01, 2014
maclatunji: ^Imitations in that context means copying the religious practice of other people.

I can copy using chopsticks from the Chinese but it is unuslamic to celebrate the Chinese new year which is different from January 1.

Ma shaa Allaah, Jahid. Tabarokallah.
Re: Muslims Congratulating One Another On The Occasion Of The Gregorian New Year by davodyguy: 10:27am On Jan 01, 2014
Bsmartt: Please if I May ask, what if the thing to be imitated is beneficial to all for example technology or tourism potential.I know today that Dubai is built majorly by the kuffars, I mean the engineering firm employed. May Allah guide us.....Ameen.
wise talk.

Every living soul are bound by this calender irrespective of ur belief.

All is sentiment by the muslims.

Saudi Arabia hosts sporting events in line with world calendar
Re: Muslims Congratulating One Another On The Occasion Of The Gregorian New Year by maclatunji: 10:38am On Jan 01, 2014
davodyguy: wise talk.

Every living soul are bound by this calender irrespective of ur belief.

All is sentiment by the muslims.

Saudi Arabia hosts sporting events in line with world calendar

It is only a counting tool devoid of any other significance in Islam.

(1) (Reply)

Solat The Proactive Prevention Against Ebola Virus Disease (EVD). / Discovering The Pleasure Of Prayer / Ramadan Duas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.