Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,496 members, 7,781,484 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:23 PM

Jonathan Signed Single Tenure Agreement –nyako - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Signed Single Tenure Agreement –nyako (1980 Views)

Jonathan Signed An Agreement For One-Term - Aliyu / My Proposed 7 Year Single Tenure Was Misunderstood – GEJ / Jonathan's Single-tenure Proposal Fraudulent, Self-serving . ACN. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Signed Single Tenure Agreement –nyako by DonColz1(m): 1:09am On Jan 01, 2014
Adamawa State Governor Murtala Nyako on Tuesday said that despite several denials, President Goodluck Jonathan signed a document agreeing to serve for a single term.
Nyako said this in an interview with journalists in Yola, the Adamawa State capital.
He explained that genuine leaders were men of honour who would be sincere to their colleagues and the society in general, no matter the circumstance.
The governor said, “In the first place, when that agreement was brought for me to sign, I told them that this President (Jonathan), in the agreement signed in the year 2003, he was number 73.
“Did we not agree under (ex-President Olusegun) Obasanjo that the term 2007 and 2011 belong to the North?
“He was number 73 as deputy governor of Bayelsa State, so when they came, they said I should sign, they said he had agreed that he would not contest in the year 2015.
“In the first place, I said I did not believe him because he didn’t give his pledge for the agreement signed in the year 2003. They said ah, ah,Baba Maimangoro. I said ok, I will sign. So I signed.”
When asked who brought the agreement for him to sign, he said his northern colleagues, including the Niger State governor, Babangida Aliyu; and his Katsina State counterpart, Ibrahim Shema, among others.
The Adamawa State governor noted that ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo led Jonathan to ask him (Nyako) to support Jonathan, who he said had agreed to serve for only one term.
“Obj (Obasanjo) will tell you, he came here and pleaded with me to support Jonathan in 2011. He came here and virtually took an oath to serve only one term,” Nyako said.
Asked if Obasanjo came in company with Jonathan, Nyako replied “Absolutely! That he was going to serve for only one term.”
He said that when Jonathan went to Obasanjo to seek for his support for 2015, the former President reminded him of the commitment he made.
Nyako further said, “The Niger State governor has the agreement. We want to deal with people with honour, not people who want to drag us into civil war because of impunity, because of lawlessness, because of not fulfilling their pledges, that will only take us to civil war.
“Leaders must be honest with their colleagues and the greater society. I have mycraw crawfrom the first civil war and if there is need to develop anothercraw crawin another civil war I will stand by.”
Aliyu’s spokesman, Danladi Ndayabo, could not be reached for comments as at the time of filing this report.
A response to the text message sent to him was still being awaited as at the time of filing this report.
The Presidency has denied in the past that the President signed any agreement not to seek reelection.
Nyako also said the declaration of a state of emergency in Adamawa State was purely political because the state had the security situation under control.
He explained that the state was not even among the first seven states, out of a list of 12, which had serious security challenges but that the President skipped several states to pick on his state for inexplicable political reasons.
http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-signed-single-tenure-agreement-nyako/

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Signed Single Tenure Agreement –nyako by Nobody: 1:20am On Jan 01, 2014
This saga is all about integrity of the man that should never be trusted. If truly he signed the document, then he should tell Nigerians he did but changed his mind to go for second term. After saying all that, he has the right to go for second term because the constitution is supreme to any other document.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Signed Single Tenure Agreement –nyako by Nobody: 1:49am On Jan 01, 2014
This is serious...btw, how did he leap from no 73 to President?

Now I know OBJ meant well for the Niger deltans.

GEJ with jersey no 73 over to you to deny or accept.
Re: Jonathan Signed Single Tenure Agreement –nyako by Wsdm: 4:09am On Jan 01, 2014
It is not a matter of signing agreement or not. What matters now is how to remove this mentally low fellow from that HOT SEAT!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Signed Single Tenure Agreement –nyako by iconaus: 4:21am On Jan 01, 2014
what about Aburi accord ? silly

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Signed Single Tenure Agreement –nyako by Ngwakwe: 5:11am On Jan 01, 2014
This is getting ridiculous with time. Mr Governor, shebi you don move to APC to take back the Northern mandate?

Why are these people still heating up the polity again? Could it be that the Electorates have always been pawns in these arrangements.

Sorry for the death of Yar'dua, however, providence brought GEJ to the scene and opened the eyes of the masses to the abracadabra perpetrated by the ruling class for half a century now.

Thank goodness, Nigeria can never be the same again, we now have political vibrant youths, free media, bloggers with high resolution cameras (hidden and silent recorders) and the internet to spread the message to the world, force our politicians to understand that we are their employers and will not hesitate to throw then away through mass movement even before their tenures expire.

I will prefer GEJ to be returned for a second term with his feet on the burner of public scrutiny from every angle more than ever. If it takes GEJ for Nigerians to start questioning their government, let's allow this peaceful revolution to complete its circle.

Nigeria will definitely work for its people and not the Military - Elites alliance that have set this country back for half a century.

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan Signed Single Tenure Agreement –nyako by gramci: 5:41am On Jan 01, 2014
Is that why they are in a hurry to return North to stone age.
Re: Jonathan Signed Single Tenure Agreement –nyako by kingbang: 7:24am On Jan 01, 2014
So its all about returning power to the North? Is it there birthright? Bloody bastards!
Re: Jonathan Signed Single Tenure Agreement –nyako by Nobody: 7:32am On Jan 01, 2014
kingbang: So its all about returning power to the North? Is it there birthright? Bloody bastards!

Not necessarily about returning power to the North....it's about keeping to agreement wholly and voluntarily entered into....to many of us, asking GEJ to sign an agreement may be wrong on its own, but since he signed it while non of us was present, we cannot defend him.

Nigeria operates a delicate balance of power-sharing arrangement...that is the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Signed Single Tenure Agreement –nyako by FrankC3: 7:55am On Jan 01, 2014
ilugunboy:

Not necessarily about returning power to the North....it's about keeping to agreement wholly and voluntarily entered into....to many of us, asking GEJ to sign an agreement may be wrong on its own, but since he signed it while non of us was present, we cannot defend him.

Nigeria operates a delicate balance of power-sharing arrangement...that is the truth.

Have you seen a copy of the agreement? Which reasonable man signs an agreement without requesting a personal copy? I am not denying that there is a signed agreement neither am I collaborating it. I am asking for proof . We are dealing with politicians here. And besides, why do you guys believe that Nigeria belongs to a particular axis of this country and any other 'outsider' will need to sign agreement with them before they take over the mantle of leadership? Who did Yar'Adua sign agreement with to become President? And what is the difference between a Yar'Adua and a Jonathan? The earlier your type stop offering your necks to heavy yoke of the slave masters, the better for you.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Signed Single Tenure Agreement –nyako by Clerverly: 8:08am On Jan 01, 2014
gramci: Is that why they are in a hurry to return North to stone age.

All your comments are always off point. Haba¬
Re: Jonathan Signed Single Tenure Agreement –nyako by teskyg: 8:24am On Jan 01, 2014
You guys have moved to APC why still crying.They are talking as if we have forgotten that Jonathan contested against Atiku ,Buhari and Ribadu all Northerns in 2011.If North had agreed to give him power,why did they contest against him.Adamu Ciroma,Kaita and Atiku and Co are still fresh in our mind.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Signed Single Tenure Agreement –nyako by simpleseyi: 8:24am On Jan 01, 2014
Jonathan signed agreement with ASUU and later refused to fulfill it leading to 6 months closure of Nigeria's universities, so why are we surprised that he is not fulfilling this agreement?
Re: Jonathan Signed Single Tenure Agreement –nyako by sholasys: 8:51am On Jan 01, 2014
I am beginning to see GEJ not contesting at the last minute due to pressure or obvious defeat peddling his side. Well, political situation and circumstance will tell. The USA, UN and other diplomatic country may pressurize GEJ to step down his ambition for peace and tranquility in the country.

2014 will be politically thick in this country. The national dialogue/conference, electing the representatives, Campaign will starts, there will be elections in some states, many more national discourse, scandals and many more issues will pop up. With all this I pray that Nigeria will still remain ONE.
Re: Jonathan Signed Single Tenure Agreement –nyako by IbokUtoroh(m): 8:51am On Jan 01, 2014
tah which jonathan signed ASUU aggrement? go back n check records who was the president in 2009 n stop spewing ur hatred on the president cos he aint doing like ur masters. happy new year to all the haters of good governance, all nairalanders, enemies of nigeria n to all the good people that wish this country well. it shall be well

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Signed Single Tenure Agreement –nyako by Nobody: 9:31am On Jan 01, 2014
Frank-C:

Have you seen a copy of the agreement? Which reasonable man signs an agreement without requesting a personal copy? I am not denying that there is a signed agreement neither am I collaborating it. I am asking for proof . We are dealing with politicians here. And besides, why do you guys believe that Nigeria belongs to a particular axis of this country and any other 'outsider' will need to sign agreement with them before they take over the mantle of leadership? Who did Yar'Adua sign agreement with to become President? And what is the difference between a Yar'Adua and a Jonathan? The earlier your type stop offering your necks to heavy yoke of the slave masters, the better for you.

Has he categorically denied that he didn't? While the prove of burden is on those that claimed he signed...the man should openly deny the existence of such too.

The idea is for power to rotate between the South and North....it may not be ideal...but it's a working solution that the PDP has adopted.

If for some divine reason...the North couldn't complete her term, then they ought to demand and demand for a commitment that they wouldn't be short changed in the power-sharing arrangement.

It's your own type of mind set that is presently putting Nigeria on a deadly precipice....a mindset of impunity and damning the consequences.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Signed Single Tenure Agreement –nyako by HowFar: 9:34am On Jan 01, 2014
Why are you APC lapdogs worried if GEJ signed a pact or not? I thought you people concluded Apc would win 2015?
Guess what, pact or no pact Gej is gonna be in power for a long time. The days of born to rule is trully over.

GEJ CARRY GO, nothing do you.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Signed Single Tenure Agreement –nyako by Nobody: 9:38am On Jan 01, 2014
How Far?:
Why are you APC lapdogs worried if GEJ signed a pact or not? I thought you people concluded Apc would win 2015?
Guess what, pact or no pact Gej is gonna be in power for a long time. The days of born to rule is trully over.

Yes...GEJ CARRY GO! No need for an election.

Jokers! grin
Re: Jonathan Signed Single Tenure Agreement –nyako by Demdem(m): 9:54am On Jan 01, 2014
Jonathan has no honour. Retardeen told us on live TV that he will not go for 2nd term.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Signed Single Tenure Agreement –nyako by victorazy(m): 9:55am On Jan 01, 2014
grin grin grin how ppl live together with no single atom of love? grin grin grin pulled a chair, grab popcorn, sit and watch the action film of 2014 palying. grin
Re: Jonathan Signed Single Tenure Agreement –nyako by kunle4toyeyaho: 10:17am On Jan 01, 2014
How Far?:

if GEJ carry go at all,it means e dey carry go back to otuoke. That guy(GEJ)is going to be defeated.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Signed Single Tenure Agreement –nyako by Nobody: 10:28am On Jan 01, 2014
ilugunboy:

Which agreement are you talking about?

If you, your family and all your generation entered into an agreement to remain slaves of the Hausa Fulanis; it is for you and not Jonathan.

Stop your foolishness and get wisdom or remain enslaved forever.

Just a new year advice for you.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Signed Single Tenure Agreement –nyako by Adindupeter: 10:29am On Jan 01, 2014
Gej challenged you to provide the said copy of the agreement.. Provide it or save us this bullshit...
Re: Jonathan Signed Single Tenure Agreement –nyako by Adindupeter: 10:38am On Jan 01, 2014
simpleseyi: Jonathan signed agreement with ASUU and later refused to fulfill it leading to 6 months closure of Nigeria's universities, so why are we surprised that he is not fulfilling this agreement?
Mr simpleton.. Gej didn't sign any agreement with ASUU.. He inherited it.. Smh!!!
Re: Jonathan Signed Single Tenure Agreement –nyako by mike404(m): 10:40am On Jan 01, 2014
ilugunboy:

Not necessarily about returning power to my masters...it's about keeping to agreement wholly and voluntarily entered into....to many of us, asking GEJ to sign an agreement may be wrong on its own, but since he signed it while non of us was present, we cannot defend him.

Re: Jonathan Signed Single Tenure Agreement –nyako by Nobody: 10:55am On Jan 01, 2014
emmydeep:

Which agreement are you talking about?

If you, your family and all your generation entered into an agreement to remain slaves of the Hausa Fulanis; it is for you and not Jonathan.

Stop your foolishness and get wisdom or remain enslaved forever.

Just a new year advice for you.

Do you think that if we are to keep voting on the basis of majority ....any one that speaks your language..Ibo..will ever be President of this country now or in the distant future?

GEJ will go one day....but your actions and utterances will hurt you forever if Nigeria stays.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Signed Single Tenure Agreement –nyako by Temismith(f): 11:11am On Jan 01, 2014
In Naija, anything is possible
Re: Jonathan Signed Single Tenure Agreement –nyako by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 01, 2014
ilugunboy:

Has he categorically denied that he didn't? While the prove of burden is on those that claimed he signed...the man should openly deny the existence of such too.

The idea is for power to rotate between the South and North....it may not be ideal...but it's a working solution that the PDP has adopted.

If for some divine reason...the North couldn't complete her term, then they ought to demand and demand for a commitment that they wouldn't be short changed in the power-sharing arrangement.

It's your own type of mind set that is presently putting Nigeria on a deadly precipice....a mindset of impunity and damning the consequences.
Yes, the president has personally denied signing any agreement. This he has done on several occasions but I guess you'r still unaware because hate has beclouded all your senses. See the report below:
Sincere 9gerian:

** 2015: I didn’t sign one-term deal with anybody – Jonathanon September 30, 2013 at 12:24 am in News

BY DAPO AKINREFON, GBENGA OKE & LEVINUS NWABUGHIOGU

LAGOS—PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan yesterday vehemently denied signing a one-term agreement either officially or unofficially with any individual or group in 2011 as has been widely speculated.
Jonathan, who spoke during his periodic media chat with a team of journalists, said: “I have not signed agreement with anybody. If I have signed agreement, they would have shown you.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/09/2015-didnt-sign-one-term-deal-anybody-jonathan/
Re: Jonathan Signed Single Tenure Agreement –nyako by Temismith(f): 11:11am On Jan 01, 2014
In Naija, anything is possible. A document can be signed and unsigned!
Re: Jonathan Signed Single Tenure Agreement –nyako by Nobody: 11:14am On Jan 01, 2014
Sincere 9gerian:
Yes, the president has personally denied signing any agreement. This he has done on several occasions but I guess you'r still unaware because hate has beclouded all your senses. See the report below:

Shut your lying putrid mouth!

Just like you....your President is a serial liar....that much was revealed by OBJ.
Re: Jonathan Signed Single Tenure Agreement –nyako by Brimmie(m): 11:25am On Jan 01, 2014
BORING
Re: Jonathan Signed Single Tenure Agreement –nyako by Nobody: 11:25am On Jan 01, 2014
icon aus: what about Aburi accord ? silly

Don't mind the idiotic hypocrites!! Talking about a secret agreement when an agreement like the Aburi accord witnessed by the international community was discarded

(1) (2) (Reply)

Election Tricks:Omisore Copies Fayose / Osun 2014: Pdp’s Omisore Will Defeat APC Convincingly- Fani-kayode / REVEALED: What OBJ Actually Told PDP Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.