Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,946 members, 7,806,740 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

The Word For Today, 2014 - A Daily Devotional - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Word For Today, 2014 - A Daily Devotional (20843 Views)

The Word For Today, 2015 - A Daily Devotional / The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Word For Today, 2014 - A Daily Devotional by lateef4me(m): 5:02pm On Jul 26, 2014
Hello Friends,

So many comments has been erased on this thread but let's keep it going .
Re: The Word For Today, 2014 - A Daily Devotional by Odunharry(m): 10:01am On Jul 27, 2014
lateef4me: Hello Friends,

So many comments has been erased on this thread but let's keep it going .
welcome bro...i don look 4 u i no see u
Re: The Word For Today, 2014 - A Daily Devotional by Odunharry(m): 10:07am On Jul 27, 2014
TODAYS WORD FOR TODAY
SUNDAY 27TH JULY,2014

for heaven sake control yourself
‘A person without
self-control…’ Proverbs 25:28

The boy said, ‘He made me do it, Dad. He was nasty to me.’ Attempting to teach his son responsibility, his father replied, ‘Son, you’ve got to learn that you are the guard at the door of your own life.
You’re in charge. Nothing gets in or out without your permission.’ That’s a picture of how things work in your spiritual life! ‘A person without self-control is like a city with broken-down walls’—a defenceless city, because its guard failed to protect it. But what if the enemy is too powerful for you?
For God’s people, all warfare is spiritual. Whether you’re tested on the social, financial, emotional or sexual front, the battle must be won spiritually.
And the rule in spiritual warfare is: ‘…
Greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world’ (1John 4:4). When your personal territory is under assault, you’re never abandoned to your own devices—unless you choose to be. However inadequate you feel, however intimidating the situation looks, no matter how many battles you’ve already lost, the power
of the Holy Spirit within you is always adequate to guarantee your victory.
What’s the key to releasing that
power?
1) ‘…Clothe yourself with the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ. And don’t let yourself think about ways to indulge your evil desires’ (Romans 13:14 NLT). Invite the Lord to take the wheel and redirect your thoughts.

2)‘…The Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives…self-
control…’ (Galatians 5:22-23 NLT).
God’s Spirit won’t forcibly control you.
But He will enable you to control yourself, resist temptation, master
your vulnerability and win the victory.

2 Sam 7:18 - 11:27, Luke 10:1-12, Ps 78:1-8, Pr 16:23-24

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today, 2014 - A Daily Devotional by lateef4me(m): 5:51pm On Jul 27, 2014
We lose some of our posts like others when Nairaland crashed then but it is well ....
Thanks for the update today Odunharry
Re: The Word For Today, 2014 - A Daily Devotional by Alwaystrue(f): 11:54am On Jul 28, 2014
Your Mission: to Serve

Monday, 28 July 2014

'The Gospel...of which I, Paul, have become a servant.' Colossians 1:23 NIV

Who am I? What's my calling? The apostle Paul, who considered himself '...not in the least inferior to the most eminent apostles' (2 Corinthians 11:5 NAS), answers simply: 'I am Paul. My role is serving. I am a servant to the Gospel and the body of Christ.' Certain people in the early church tried to determine which of the apostles were the greatest. Some claimed Paul, and others Apollos. But Paul challenged them, 'What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe...' (1 Corinthians 3:5 NIV).

Whatever your calling, be it pastor of a megachurch or a lay member, you're no more - and no less - than a servant. In God's Kingdom class distinctions don't count. 'There is neither Jew nor Greek...slave nor free man...male nor female...you are all one in Christ Jesus.' (Galatians 3:28 NAS) We're servants called to do the will of God, wherever He appoints us to serve. And that's a good thing! In being a servant there's relief from 'the pressure to perform'.

No one has the right to judge you except your Master. 'Who are you to judge the servant of another? To his own master he stands or falls...' (Romans 14:4 NAS) We should be concerned about what pleases God, not people. He alone can evaluate our service. Jesus came to serve His Father, saying, '...I do not seek My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.' (John 5:30 NAS) And He has also sent you to do God's will, promising that, '...If anyone serves Me, the Father will honour him.' (John 12:26 NAS)

SoulFood: Zeph 1-3, Lk 9:18-33, Ps 42:6-11, Prov 19:15-17

smiley This is The Word For Today
Re: The Word For Today, 2014 - A Daily Devotional by Alwaystrue(f): 12:01pm On Jul 28, 2014
@Lateef4me,
It is good to have you back. @Odunharry expressed his worry about your absence here some days back. Hope you are doing well and Walking in Christ Jesus continually.

@Odunharry, thanks for the msg on self control and our choice in what we accept. Today's msg reminds us not to forget who called us and that we are to remain subject to Him.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today, 2014 - A Daily Devotional by Alwaystrue(f): 10:22pm On Jul 29, 2014
Deal with the Stumbling Blocks (2)

Wednesday, 30 July 2014

'Make up your mind not to put any stumbling block...in your brother's way.' Romans 14:13 NIV

Here are two more stumbling blocks you need to remove in order to win someone to Christ:

(1) Boredom. Jesus isn't boring, but sometimes religion is. The story is told of a lady who fell asleep during the sermon. Pointing at the man sitting next to her, the pastor said, 'Please wake that woman up!' The man replied, 'You put her to sleep, Reverend, you wake her up!' Jesus is called 'the Good Shepherd' (John 10:11), and the Greek word for 'good' is 'kalos', which means 'captivating'; that's the Christ we need to present to those seeking spiritual direction.

(2) Money. It's been said the most sensitive nerve in a person's body is the one that runs to their wallet. Have there been financial scandals in the church? Yes. They even had them in the New Testament church (Acts 5). But don't throw the baby out with the bath water! It takes money to build churches, feed and clothe the needy and send out missionaries. When money is in the right hands, it's a solution, not a problem. Furthermore, if God can trust you to finance His plans, He will show you how to make more money. He said, '...I am the Lord your God, Who teaches you to profit...' (Isaiah 48:17 AMP)

(3) Discomfort. People say, 'I just don't feel comfortable in church.' The truth can do that to you! The Gospel is designed to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable. When Paul preached, some people trembled, but when trembling leads to trusting in Christ, it's a good thing.

SoulFood: Ezra 3-5, Lk 9:46-62, Ps 78:1-8, Prov 19:21-23

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today, 2014 - A Daily Devotional by Alwaystrue(f): 6:32pm On Jul 30, 2014
Control Your Tongue

Thursday, 31 July 2014

'...If we could control our tongues, we...could also control ourselves in every other way.' James 3:2 NLT

The saying goes, 'We are like cats; we lick ourselves with our tongues!' When someone spreads gossip, mark that person carefully. Why? Because if they talk to you about somebody else, they'll talk to somebody else about you. The Bible warns us about three things:

(1) a hasty tongue. 'Do you see a man hasty in his words? There is more hope for a fool than for him.' (Proverbs 29:20 NKJV) If you take time to get the facts, much of the time you'll speak differently. Hannah prayed so passionately for a child that Eli the high priest thought she was drunk. When the disciples saw Jesus walking toward them on the Sea of Galilee, they thought He was a ghost. So think, or better yet, pray before you jump to conclusions.

(2) a flattering tongue. '...There is no faithfulness in their mouth...they flatter with their tongue.' (Psalm 5:9 NKJV) Say what you mean and mean what you say. Be genuine. When you flatter people, you manipulate them for your own ends. Don't do that. Give it to them straight. If you love them, be truthful with them.

(3) a judgmental tongue. Jesus said, 'Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.' (Matthew 7:1-2 NKJV) If you live long enough, you'll be guilty of many of the same things you're so quick to condemn in others. The truth is, how you deal with other people determines how God deals with you.

SoulFood: Ezra 6-8, Lk 10:1-15, Ps 78:9-16, Prov 19:24-26

Re: The Word For Today, 2014 - A Daily Devotional by Odunharry(m): 11:13am On Aug 03, 2014
Happy new month Alwaystrue and lateef4me
Re: The Word For Today, 2014 - A Daily Devotional by Odunharry(m): 11:15am On Aug 03, 2014
TODAYS WORD FOR TODAY

Temptation(3)

My strength is made perfect in
weakness.' 2 Corinthians 12:9

You ask, ‘How long will this temptation
last?’ Sometimes the enemy’s attack is
short-term, other times it is long-term.
Paul had a ‘thorn’ in his flesh, one that
wouldn’t go away. Why did he have it?
Pride! ‘Lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the
revelations, a thorn in the flesh was
given to me’ (v. 7 NKJV). Paul spoke
five languages and wrote half the New
Testament. With credentials like that,
it’s easy to become arrogant. Finally he stopped praying for an exit strategy
and began to understand God’s
purpose: ‘My grace is sufficient for you,
for My strength is made perfect in
weakness’ (v. 9 NKJV). Pride is one of
the most neglected subjects in church today. Perhaps that’s due to the fact
that we receive our teaching from
people who struggle with it
themselves. Pride doesn’t necessarily
show on your face, but when you’re
under pressure it surfaces in your actions and attitudes. Pride originated
with satan: ‘I will make myself like the
Most High’ (Isaiah 14:14 NIV). Often
the core of atheism is pride; a person
with no god plays God. Satan used this
strategy in Eden. ‘God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be
opened, and you will be like
God’ (Genesis 3:5 NKJV). That’s why
Paul told the Philippians, ‘You must
have the same attitude that Christ
Jesus had. Though He was God…He gave up His divine privileges; He took
the humble position of a slave…
Therefore, God elevated Him to the
place of highest honour’ (Philippians
2:5-9 NLT). The key to overcoming
temptation is submitting to God and living in daily dependence on Him.

Esther 4:9 - 5:3 , Heb 4:7-16
Re: The Word For Today, 2014 - A Daily Devotional by Odunharry(m): 6:38am On Aug 07, 2014
TODAYS WORD FOR TODAY

LAVISH GRACE
‘Forgiveness…in accordance with
the riches of…grace.’ Ephesians 1:7

‘Peter asked, “How many times should
I forgive someone who does…wrong
to me? Is seven times enough?” Jesus
answered: “Not…seven…but seventy-
seven times!”’ (Matthew 18:21-22
CEV). But we shouldn’t stop there. If God gave each of us only seventy-
seven ‘forgiveness passes’, we’d be in
trouble! You can’t bankrupt your
‘forgiveness account’ with God. But
when you refuse to forgive others,
you’re overlooking the fact that ‘You might be needing forgiveness before
the day’s out’ (Galatians 6:1 TM). Jesus
said, ‘Forgive—only then will your
heavenly Father…wipe your slate
clean’ (Mark11:25 TM). Whether it’s
seven, seventy-seven, or seven thousand times, you always reap what
you sow (Galatians 6:7). We’re all
human, and when somebody hurts us
we want justice. But God wants you to
forgive the wrongdoer before he asks
or shows any sign of remorse. Does that mean he will escape the
consequences of his actions? No, it just
means you’re not responsible for
making it happen—God is. Harbouring
grudges is spiritually, emotionally and
physically draining; forgiveness energises and frees you to move on.
Remember, you’ve been forgiven ‘in
accordance with the riches of…grace…
He lavished on us.’ But it comes with
the requirement that you forgive
others! When you think about the debt God forgave you, anything
anyone could ever do to you pales by comparison, right? ‘His love has no limits, His grace has no measure, His power no boundary known unto men; For out of His infinite riches in Jesus, He giveth and giveth and giveth again’ (Annie Johnson Flint,
1866-1932). Now that’s lavish grace!

1 Tim 1-3, Luke 12:13-21, Ps 119:17-24 , Pr 17:7-10
Re: The Word For Today, 2014 - A Daily Devotional by Odunharry(m): 6:41am On Aug 07, 2014
God strenghten and give us d Grace to cntinue his work..
forgiveness energises and frees you to move on.

Sorry for not updating guys,been rily busy in school(project+lectures)
Re: The Word For Today, 2014 - A Daily Devotional by Odunharry(m): 6:45am On Aug 07, 2014
alwaystrue and lateef4me..Good morning guys
Re: The Word For Today, 2014 - A Daily Devotional by Odunharry(m): 10:15am On Aug 16, 2014
I pray we dont get tired
Re: The Word For Today, 2014 - A Daily Devotional by Odunharry(m): 10:19am On Aug 16, 2014
TODAYS WORD FOR TODAY
15TH AUGUST,2014

Love Your Church—
Jesus Does! (6)

‘The Lord will lift up a standard
[shield of defence].’ Isaiah 59:19

Notice what Solomon prayed for at the dedication of the temple. ‘If there is famine in the land…if Your people’s enemies are in the land…whatever disaster or disease there is…hear from
heaven…Then they will fear You and walk in Your ways as long as they
live’ (2 Chronicles 6:28-31 NLT).

When you’re functioning in your rightful place in church you can:
1) Pray with confidence in times of economic difficulty. One of the names by which Israel knew God was ‘Jehovah Jireh’,
which means ‘The Lord will provide’.
Your security isn’t in Paternoster
Square, Threadneedle Street or any
other street! It’s in God’s unfailing
goodness (Psalms 23:6).

2) Pray with confidence in times of sickness. God’s promise to you is this: ‘Is any among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise
him up’ (James 5:14-15 NKJV).

3) Pray with confidence when you’re facing disaster. ‘He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust”’ (Psalms 91:1-2 NKJV).

4) Pray with confidence when the devil is attacking you. ‘When the enemy comes in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard [shield of
defence] against him’ (Isaiah 59:19
NKJV). As a redeemed member of
Christ’s church, these are your ‘rights’, so exercise them!

1 John 3:11 - 5:21, Luke 14:25-35, Ps 119:81-88 , Pr 18:1-5
Re: The Word For Today, 2014 - A Daily Devotional by Odunharry(m): 10:27am On Aug 16, 2014
alwaystrue,lateef4me,bantino,harlos,princessB1
Re: The Word For Today, 2014 - A Daily Devotional by Bantino(m): 4:00pm On Aug 16, 2014
Odunharry: alwaystrue,lateef4me,bantino,harlos,princessB1

What is going on here?
Re: The Word For Today, 2014 - A Daily Devotional by Odunharry(m): 4:08pm On Aug 16, 2014
Bantino:

What is going on here?
Daily devotion
Re: The Word For Today, 2014 - A Daily Devotional by harlos: 3:55pm On Aug 17, 2014
Odunharry: alwaystrue,lateef4me,bantino,harlos,princessB1
someone called me
Re: The Word For Today, 2014 - A Daily Devotional by Odunharry(m): 3:59pm On Aug 17, 2014
harlos: someone called me
Yes o....

Welcome to Daily Devotion thread
Re: The Word For Today, 2014 - A Daily Devotional by harlos: 4:02pm On Aug 17, 2014
Odunharry:
Yes o....

Welcome to Daily Devotion thread
Aiit I'm here but too lazy to read right now....just woke up
Re: The Word For Today, 2014 - A Daily Devotional by Odunharry(m): 4:04pm On Aug 17, 2014
harlos: Aiit I'm here but too lazy to read right now....just woke up
na enjoyment u dey be that.....
Re: The Word For Today, 2014 - A Daily Devotional by Alwaystrue(f): 6:25pm On Aug 17, 2014
Love Your Church - Jesus Does! (7)

Sunday, 17 August 2014

'You too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives.' Ephesians 2:22 NIV

Jesus lives in each of those who make up His church. 'You are... members of God's household, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus Himself as the chief cornerstone. In Him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. And in Him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by His Spirit.' (Ephesians 2:19-22 NIV)

Nothing is nearer and dearer to the heart of God than His church. 'Christ... loved the church and gave Himself for her.' (Ephesians 5:25 NKJV) His greatest interest, and the core of His eternal purpose, is that 'through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known.' (Ephesians 3:10 NIV) You ask, 'How can I become a member of Christ's church?' It's a family; you must be born into it. That's why Jesus told Nicodemus, 'You must be born again.' (John 3:7 NKJV) You don't get in by shaking a preacher's hand, filling out a membership card or making a donation to the building fund. The Bible says, 'Receive one another, just as Christ...received [you].' (Romans 15:7 NKJV)

Once you've accepted Christ and He has accepted you, you're 'in'. You may not have the high profile others enjoy in your church, but in God's eyes you're a bona fide, blood-washed, Heaven-bound member of His family. The Bible says, 'The Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved' (Acts 2:47 KJV) - and when He adds you, there's not a soul on earth who can subtract you!

SoulFood: John 4:4-26; John 7:37-41; Exo 17:1-7; Isa 35:1-7

Re: The Word For Today, 2014 - A Daily Devotional by Alwaystrue(f): 6:27pm On Aug 17, 2014
@Odunharry,
Weldone and kudos for keeping the publishing ongoing. Hope school is good and you are excelling there. It is important you know.

@harlos,
Dont be lazy. Be inspired to study wink Receive grace.

@Lateef4me, where are you?
Re: The Word For Today, 2014 - A Daily Devotional by harlos: 6:42pm On Aug 17, 2014
Alwaystrue: @Odunharry,
Weldone and kudos for keeping the publishing ongoing. Hope school is good and you are excelling there. It is important you know.

@harlos,
Dont be lazy. Be inspired to study wink Receive grace.

@Lateef4me, where are you?
Aiit...may God help me

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today, 2014 - A Daily Devotional by Alwaystrue(f): 6:34am On Aug 18, 2014
Love Your Church - Jesus Does! (cool

Monday, 18 August 2014

'...after you have suffered a while, [may God] perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you.' 1 Peter 5:10 NKJV

It took seven years to build Solomon's temple. In Scripture the number seven represents completion. So when it comes to your 'position' in Christ, you're as saved right now as you'll be when you stand in Heaven. When Jesus cried, 'It is finished', everything required to reconcile you to God was completed. The word 'complete' means lacking nothing. And when you put your trust in Jesus, that's how God sees you. When He positions you in Christ, 'You are complete in Him.' (Colossians 2:10 NKJV) You say, 'But I still sin.' The Bible says, 'We all... beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image...by the Spirit of the Lord.' (2 Corinthians 3:18 NKJV) Did you get that? The Holy Spirit is at work in your life every day, in every way, moulding you into the image of Jesus.

God's ultimate plan for you is greater than you can comprehend. Jude writes, 'Now unto Him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy... be glory and majesty.' (Jude 1:24-25 KJV) Note the words 'Him that is able'. This is something Christ does for you, not something you do for yourself! And one of the tools He uses to bring about your perfection (maturity) is trouble. Peter writes, 'May the God of all grace, who has called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you.' It may take a while, but you'll get there!

SoulFood: 2 Chron 1-4; Luke 14:15-24; Ps 119:73-80; Pro 21:14-16

Re: The Word For Today, 2014 - A Daily Devotional by Alwaystrue(f): 7:06am On Aug 19, 2014
Take Control of Your Life

Tuesday, 19 August 2014

'He departed again to the mountain by Himself alone.' John 6:15 NKJV

The Bible says: 'When Jesus perceived that they were about to come and take Him by force to make Him King, He departed again to the mountain by Himself alone. Now when evening came, His disciples went down to the sea, got into the boat, and went over the sea toward Capernaum... Then the sea arose because a great wind was blowing. So when they had rowed about three or four miles, they saw Jesus walking on the sea and drawing near the boat; and they were afraid. But He said to them, "It is I; do not be afraid." Then they willingly received Him into the boat, and immediately the boat was at the land where they were going.' (John 6:15-21 NKJV) Notice three things in this story:

(1) The control Jesus exercised. People wanted to plan His life for Him. Sound familiar? When that happened, 'He departed again to the mountain by Himself alone.' Note the word 'again'. Spending time with God was something He did regularly. Do you?

(2) The criticism Jesus evoked. When the crowd wants to make you 'King', it's hard for your ego to walk away. But Jesus did. Others couldn't impose their will or agenda on Him. Why? Because He was committed to doing the will of God and nothing else.

(3) The communion Jesus enjoyed. He emerged from a night of prayer empowered to walk on the water and subdue the storm. If you want to succeed in life, there's only one source you can go to for strength and guidance: God. Do you want to take control of your life? That's how you do it!

SoulFood: 2 Chron 5-7; Luke 14:25-35; Ps 119:81-88; Pro 21:17-19

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today, 2014 - A Daily Devotional by Alwaystrue(f): 7:06am On Aug 21, 2014
Forgive Them, and Let It Go!

Wednesday, 20 August 2014

'Pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you.' Matthew 5:44 NKJV

An unforgiving attitude can keep you from moving forward in life. So isn't it time you got serious about forgiving the one who hurt you? You say, 'But then they'll have got away with it.' They're not getting away with anything! God is qualified to judge; you're not. Remember, your critics are making decisions about you based on limited information, but God knows the truth and He will deal with your detractors in His own time. By trying to defend yourself and prove them wrong, you're stepping into territory that belongs exclusively to God.

The Bible says: 'Never pay back evil with more evil. Do things in such a way that everyone can see you are honourable. Do all that you can to live in peace with everyone... never take revenge. Leave that to the righteous anger of God. For the Scriptures say, "I will take revenge; I will pay them back," says the Lord. Instead, if your enemies are hungry, feed them. If they are thirsty, give them something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals of shame on their heads. Don't let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good.' (Romans 12:17-21 NLT)

Satan's goal is to get you all tied up in knots and steal your peace. Don't play into his hands! Christ, your example, prayed for those who drove the nails into His hands: 'Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.' (Luke 23:34 KJV) Your enemies may think they're smart, but often they're acting in ignorance. Don't come down to their level by retaliating. Forgive them, and let it go.

SoulFood: 2 Chron 8-11; Luke 15:1-10; Ps 119:89-96; Pro 21:20-23

Re: The Word For Today, 2014 - A Daily Devotional by Alwaystrue(f): 7:07am On Aug 21, 2014
Pastor, Prepare Your Heart

Thursday, 21 August 2014 01:15

'I lay prostrate before the Lord... forty days.' Deuteronomy 9:25 NIV

A preacher got into the habit of writing his sermons word for word. It worked well - until one Sunday he found himself in the pulpit without his notes. Addressing the congregation, he said, 'I've forgotten my notes this morning, so I'll have to pray and rely on the Lord. But at tonight's service, I'll come better prepared.' Cute story, but it's not so cute when it's a reality! Pastor, your people may be impressed with your speaking abilities short-term, but they'll only be impacted long-term when your words are inspired by the Holy Spirit.

The ability to change hearts is above your pay grade, so don't fall into that ego trap or you'll fizzle like a wet firecracker! Study the life of Christ. Before He chose His disciples, or walked on the water, or fed the multitude, He spent hours in prayer. So in order to choose the right people, feed your flock on Sunday morning, or 'walk on water' and accomplish great things for God, you must focus on preparing your heart and not just your message. You say, 'But I'm a people person.'

That's good, but you'll have nothing to say to people that'll make any real difference unless you get it from God. You say, 'But I'm a project person.' Unless you spend time with God, you'll get into things you shouldn't - things you may not be able to get out of. Moses said, 'I lay prostrate before the Lord...forty days and forty nights because the Lord had said He would destroy you.' And the end result? God not only saved the nation, He blessed it. So pastor, prepare your heart.

SoulFood: 2 Chron 12-15; Luke 15:11-32; Ps 119:97-104; Pro 21:24-27

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today, 2014 - A Daily Devotional by lateef4me(m): 2:37pm On Aug 21, 2014
Hello my beloved in the Lord Odunharry and Alwaystrue .....Sorry I've able away from this thread . I'm fully back by His grace !

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today, 2014 - A Daily Devotional by Odunharry(m): 9:50am On Aug 24, 2014
TODAYS WORD FOR THE DAY

Three Principles of
Success

‘That you may be successful
wherever you go.’ Joshua 1:7

God wants you to succeed in life
(Joshua 1:cool. Once you’re convinced
of that:
1) Take into account your
temperament. A fillet steak cooks best at a very high heat for a short time, but a roast joint cooks best at a lower heat for a longer time. Either way, you can have a delicious meal. You just need to know what kind of meat you have, and how to cook it. Are you getting the point?

2) Overcome your fear of being different from others. Because Daniel wouldn’t eat the king’s food or bow to his idols, he landed in a lions’ den. But he came out, and was
promoted to a top spot in government (Daniel 6:28).

You can’t be part of the crowd and still ‘stand out’. To achieve great things you must trust God,
disregard the negative opinions of
people and pursue your destiny.

3)Resist the apathy that often
accompanies ageing. Keep the
enthusiasm of your youth and mix it with the wisdom of your old age. Don’t lose your sense of idealism. Don’t let day-to-day difficulties discourage you or allow life’s disappointments to get you down. At every age and stage of life there are obstacles and advantages, trials and triumphs. It’s up to you to make the most of the positive, and not let the negative derail you.

At seventy, Paul said, ‘I am ready
to come…to…Rome to preach’ (Romans 1:15 TLB).
At eighty, Moses led Israel out of slavery.
At eighty-five, Caleb said, ‘Give me the mountain…the Lord promised
me’ (Joshua 14:12 NCV).

You’re only ‘old’ when your regrets take the place of your dreams.

Joel 2:12-32, Mk 9:2-27

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today, 2014 - A Daily Devotional by Odunharry(m): 9:59am On Aug 24, 2014
Happy sunday pals...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"Self Defence Is Your Right" - Pastor Paul Enenche (Video) / Re:The Only Saviour / Church Of England Appoints Woyin Dorgu As First Black Bishop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.