Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,277 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! (36706 Views)

Atheism And Terrorism; Annihilation in The Quest For Atheistic Domination / 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? / I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by bigblxd(m): 11:24pm On Jan 04, 2014
@ OP, with all sense of humility,threads like this gives me nightmares! Why on earth will there not be a God! Pls God is using your mom to give you one more chance; pls & pls open up your heart. Faith is now; salvation is today; Jesus loves you!

1 Like

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by bukatyne(f): 11:25pm On Jan 04, 2014
And do you know love is?

I guess you wlill respect your son's belief to do yahoo yahoo or blood money

@OP:

What are the reasons you decided to dump your Bible?

Pray that God helps us to know Him a new
libero00:

Then quite bluntly your mother does not love you. If she did, she would respect your beliefs. You are willing to change for her but she is not willing to change for you. Can't you see she is using the tatic of making you feel guilty by inciting fear into you because she's insecure about her religion so she needs to convert you to reassure herself of her salvation?
My advice: tell her the day you go to god, you will go to an early grave as well. Tell her not to worry her salvation is already secure.
I beg you, stick to your belief. Religion has been the cause of many wars in this world.
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by oladistinct(m): 11:26pm On Jan 04, 2014
showby: What do you expect from an atheist, a mumu.
What do you expect from a theist, a deluded mind.

4 Likes

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by lolaxavier(m): 11:29pm On Jan 04, 2014
bigblxd: @ OP, with all sense of humility,threads like this gives me nightmares! Why on earth will there not be a God! Pls God is using your mom to give you one more chance; pls & pls open up your heart. Faith is now; salvation is today; Jesus loves you!

Mumu talk...

1 Like

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by oladistinct(m): 11:30pm On Jan 04, 2014
bigblxd: @ OP, with all sense of humility,threads like this gives me nightmares! Why on earth will there not be a God! Pls God is using your mom to give you one more chance; pls & pls open up your heart. Faith is now; salvation is today; Jesus loves you!
Op, with all sense of humility, Allah is using your mum to give you one more chance; pls & pls open your heart.Faith is now; salvation is today; Mohammed loves you.
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by peterphd(m): 11:31pm On Jan 04, 2014
ahmstrng: ATHEISM IS A RELIGION OF ITS OWN

If atheism is a religion then abstinence is a se.xual position.

8 Likes

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by adsonstone: 11:33pm On Jan 04, 2014
SIR ANDREWS: why don't you open a thread and explain the concept of god

What I requested is 'a thread for a dialogue'...not just on the subject of God (which I believe in) but also on science (that atheists rely on) and logic.

There we'll discuss, ask questions and also reason out things with an open mind.

My reason for not wanting to be the opener is simply because I'd prefer it to be a dialogue started by atheists.

You may go open one SIR.
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by oladistinct(m): 11:36pm On Jan 04, 2014
peterphd:

If atheism is a religion then abstinence is a se.xual position.
#GBAM
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by peterphd(m): 11:37pm On Jan 04, 2014
holamiday: Mr Rudedough, do you believe in charms, the supernatural?

Belief or unbelief in charms and the supernatural isn't evidence for god in anyway.

1 Like

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jan 04, 2014
adsonstone:

What I requested is 'a thread for a dialogue'...not just on the subject of God (which I believe in) but also on science (that atheists rely on) and logic.

There we'll discuss, ask questions and also reason out things with an open mind.

My reason for not wanting to be the opener is simply because I'd prefer it to be a dialogue started by atheists.

You may go open one SIR.

Your types are the Christians who will advocate for a new thread, and later run away when you realize that an Atheist know a lot more than you do about your bible and religion.

Have you read your bible thoroughly? I don't mean memorizing bible verses, i mean reading your bible thoroughly before you engage an Atheist in a religious debate?

1 Like

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by scarred9jan(m): 11:37pm On Jan 04, 2014
oladistinct: Thank your god for you, you said it yourself, invisible god but I'll help you a little, it should have been imaginary god. Trust me my brother, you christians don't know what you are talking about. when you die you can't know where you will be, because you don't know where you were before you were born.

How does one know the image of something invisible? Kind of sounds dumb to me.

1 Like

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jan 04, 2014
peterphd:

Belief or unbelief in charms and the supernatural isn't evidence for god in anyway.
undecided oversabi i just asked a simple question. I haven't linked it to anything yet.
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by peterphd(m): 11:40pm On Jan 04, 2014
obuksjr:
“I would rather live my life as if
there is a God and die to find
out there isn't, than live my life
as if there isn't and die to find
out there is.”
Albert Camus.

“ Live a good life. If there are gods and they
are just, then they will not care how devout you
have been, but will welcome you based on the
virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but
unjust, then you should not want to worship
them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone,
but will have lived a noble life that will live on in
the memories of your loved ones.
Marcus Aurelius

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by 3rdeye1(m): 11:42pm On Jan 04, 2014
Hmmnn...obviously, Ignorance kills faster than death itself. I know that One day, everyone will subject themselves to the obedience of God. #IbelieveInGod. @Op, my little advice...when u start having doubts about what u stand for, don't be ashamed to switch over...and if u Av no doubt, then stick to it! As a matter of fact, religion is about conviction not compulsion. Someone like me is crazy-convinced that there is one true God and may he open ur heart of understanding! Cheers!!!
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jan 04, 2014
rudedough:

Your types are the Christians who will advocate for a new thread, and later run away when you realize that an Atheist know a lot more than you do about your bible and religion.

Have you read your bible thoroughly? I don't mean memorizing bible verses, i mean reading your bible thoroughly before you engage an Atheist in a religious debate?
Don't decieve yourself, atheists are in no way smarter than the ordinary man. It's just easier to say 'i don't believe your bible', than to actually believe it. Atheists look for loopholes here & there & then seem knowledgeable.
Unfortunately, no christian on earth can explain everything.
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by chronique(m): 11:45pm On Jan 04, 2014
To everyone who says there is no God: all I need y'all to do is to prove to me how man was created/came into existence. If you can tell me how man's flesh was made,how your respiratory system was designed,how your brain was programmed,how the concept of blood being the soul of a man,was achieved,etc;I'd believe there's no God. It's only a fool that will claim He knows for sure,and can give you adequate info on what happened in a place He has never been to. It's only a fool that will come out and contradict historical events that occurred before his/her birth. It's only a fool that will wake up and say a way of life that has been observed by thousands of generations in the past,is false,without giving concrete evidences to prove it. You cannot explain how you came into existence,yet you claim there's no creator or God? Smh. The difference between the fool and the wise is that,the wise will believe there's God,only to find out at the end that there is no God. But the foolish will assume there's no GOD,only to discover at the end,that there is a God that created heaven and earth.

2 Likes

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by bigblxd(m): 11:45pm On Jan 04, 2014
lolaxavier:

Mumu talk...

May God have mercy on you. I will continually pray that you encounter God and awaits your testimony. Jesus loves & died for you!
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by DonOms(m): 11:51pm On Jan 04, 2014
GeneralShepherd:
:
:
How do I undo what has been done! How do I unknow what I know about god and religion? How do I ignore the inconsistencies?

I love my mum so much and will gladly become a sheeple for her to be happy

While I would have loved to make you see reasons why I know God exists, it is not the question you asked so I will refrain from that path. To answer your questions: You CANNOT undo what has been done and neither can you unlearn or unknow what you claim to know about God.

The inconsistencies you talk about are not what you think they are but only questions which you don't have answers to - just the same way you cannot tell what lie beyond our universe or what lies deep in the earth crust. Man has always asked questions and man has never been satisfied. In the context of question-asking, Prof Freud queried Dr. Jung's ideas as "trying to play God."

Being "sheeple" to make your mum happy is the height of self-deception, although I know that believing in God is not being sheeple even though I cannot say same of religion. In conclusion, unless you have an encounter bigger than your ideologies and mental assertions, you CANNOT undo/unknow/unlearn anything.

rudedough:

You guys just stretch your fingers and write rubbish all over the internet. I have asked you now, please make me see reasons why God exist. Remember "reasons" so i don't need you to read me anything from the bible. Show me reasonable proof that God exist.

My dear, if you read between the lines, you have your answers. But I know you don't see any answer. Do you know why you don't see the answers to the question you asked? Simply because you're not searching for that answer but for a different one.
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by lolaxavier(m): 11:54pm On Jan 04, 2014
bigblxd:

May God have mercy on you. I will continually pray that you encounter God and awaits your testimony. Jesus loves & died for you!

Mumu talk...
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jan 04, 2014
holamiday: Don't decieve yourself, atheists are in no way smarter than the ordinary man. It's just easier to say 'i don't believe your bible', than to actually believe it. Atheists look for loopholes here & there & then seem knowledgeable.
Unfortunately, no christian on earth can explain everything.

Sorry i'm a religious scholar if that means anything in context, i have studied the Bible many times and also the Qur'an. I can tell you authoritatively that i am very knowledgeable about your Bible and i don't need to find loop holes, i will show you things in your bible that your Pastors haven't come across.

Ask your fellow Christians who have had the opportunity to open that "NEW THREAD" with me and they will tell you one thing, they run away. And please note that the "GRACE and "OLD and NEW COVENANT" nonsensical excuses don't hold when i debate about the bible because i won't be talking about God but about Jesus and pointing out his atrocities, showing you that he is not any different from his father.

If you're in doubt, get a new thread started with a title - Inviting Rudedough to a theoretical debate on Religion.

1 Like

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by jeezyterry(m): 11:59pm On Jan 04, 2014
JESUS IS LORD
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by vaniesexy: 12:00am On Jan 05, 2014
@op pls honour ur mums word n go back to d christendom ,she even told u how u were conceived,she will be askn herself if its a mistake to ask God for u,was it a mistake to have u as a son, ur perception is a feelin and dat is d tricks of d devil on u,he will always tell u dat were u r is not d right place,join here n dia,but @op i want u to mark my words if u dnt go back to wer ur parents brought u up u will never n i say never be satisfied cos d devil can never satisfy anyone,he is d father of all tricks n am realy sorry for wat ur mum is passin thru,i know ur mum is a very gud christain, d devil is usin u her son to put her to shame,i beg u as u r readn dis pls dnt pretend but go back to wer she want u to be,its a simple request she is not askn u to do any evil, dnt mind d bad advicers here most dnt even hv a lovin family,if u come frm a family u will understand, @op how old is ur mum,do u want her to hv high blood pressure or heart attack n die n u regret,pls stick to christainity n make here happy,u have notin to loose in life. Pls note if i offend u wit d post am soorry but i write dis out of love n discernment. And note for oda nairalander God speaks to me,i hear him, he tells me things n it happens lyk dat,so i can never be deceive,d secret about God he is ur best friend,relate wit him,draw close to God n he will draw close to u, am not boastn but anyone who meets me loves me cause of Gods light in my life, God exist,demons exist,dnt live a Godless life n be a pray for demons to evade, and for most christain ur lifestyle is chasn people frm servin GOD, CHRISTAIN IS TIME WE TRULY SERVE GOD N NOT BE A HYPOCRITE UNDER D UMBRELLA OF CHRISTAINITY, CHRISTAINS MEANS CHRIST LIKE,HOW MANY R LIVING D LIFE OF Jesus Christ, d bible said let our light as christain shine so dat men may see ur good works n give glory to God,how many do deir lights shine,pls let our christain light glow. SHALOM TO ALL,I LOVE U ALL WIT D LOVE OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Nobody: 12:04am On Jan 05, 2014
rudedough:

Sorry i'm a religious scholar if that means anything in context, i have studied the Bible many times and also the Qur'an. I can tell you authoritatively that i am very knowledgeable about your Bible and i don't need to find loop holes, i will show you things in your bible that your Pastors haven't come across.

Ask your fellow Christians who have had the opportunity to open that "NEW THREAD" with me and they will tell you one thing, they run away. And please note that the "GRACE and "OLD and NEW COVENANT" nonsensical excuses don't hold when i debate about the bible because i won't be talking about God but about Jesus and pointing out his atrocities, showing you that he is not any different from his father.

If you're in doubt, get a new thread started with a title - Inviting Rudedough to a theoretical debate on Religion.
You mean you found sth in the bible that pastors who have studied it twice the years you have lived haven't found out. Abba guy. Na so you brilliant reach?

There's no need starting any thread for argument sake. I marvel at your confidence.

& they run away because if i start to argue with you that you're actually a female, you'll runaway also because of my clear delibrate stupidity. Really, no insult intended.
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by DonOms(m): 12:04am On Jan 05, 2014
rudedough:

I'm no religious scholar. I don't have full understanding of the Bible and I know nothing about the Quran. My dad used to sound like you many years ago, so I know where you're coming from and what knowledge you possess. But one thing I want to point out in your comment is the bolded part and I see many people make that same mistake: Believing in God (and/or Jesus) is not the same as religion.
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Nobody: 12:04am On Jan 05, 2014
Ishilove:
Lol. The bolded is the reason why I will NEVER date or marry an atheist.

Like the late obadiah777 will say: "I aint getting nuked for no gaddem heathen" lwkmd cheesy cheesy

And if knowing this is your stance he decides to hide it from you till you get married to him, what will you do? File for divorce?

Or perhaps if after getting married to him as a christian he turns an atheist, you'll divorce him?
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by kjhova(m): 12:05am On Jan 05, 2014
chronique: To everyone who says there is no God: all I need y'all to do is to prove to me how man was created/came into existence...It's only a fool that will come out and contradict historical events that occurred before his/her birth. It's only a fool that will wake up and say a way of life that has been observed by thousands of generations in the past,is false...The difference between the fool and the wise is that,the wise will believe there's God,only to find out at the end that there is no God. But the foolish will assume there's no GOD,only to discover at the end,that there is a God that created heaven and earth.

1) We can't prove to you absolutely how man came to being but neither can you prove that your god made man. You know why? This is because every god claim they made man! So who made you? Allah, Yahweh, Jesus, the Sun god or Obatala?
2) It's not foolish to critique ancient history, no, it's not! Actually it's noble intellectual activity. Historical review is the stuff of emeritus professorship.
3) The fact that thousands has been wrong for generations doesn't make them right, does it? Your forebears worshiped ancient African gods for millenia before colonization & now they don't anymore. 1 day, in the future, Islam, Christianity & many religions you know today will be dead & superceeded by new beliefs.
4) Your final point is not original to you. It's called Pascal's wager & it was 1st theorized in the 13th century thereabout. Some other poster here has already countered this with Marcus Aurelius' statement of a thousand years earlier!

www.godisimaginary.com

3 Likes

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Oluwaseytiano(m): 12:07am On Jan 05, 2014
If Jehovah, Allah, Orunmila, Ogun, Sango, Ahmadioha, Buddha, krishna, Zeus etc all do not exist, what could be d worst dat would happen to Believers after death. But if any one of Them exists, what could be d worst dat would happen to atheists?
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by donchiluvcutegu(m): 12:08am On Jan 05, 2014
My friend... There's a God who made The Heavens n Earth... He made standard for us, on how to know him love him, worship him, in this world and to be happy with him in the after world... But the problem about #Christianity today on my own perspective is that, #Christianity is not meant to be a religion but a way of life, and God do not want u to worship him because of the Good things he has promise you, or because of the Evil that will befall you... Originally he just want us to Serve/Worship him, and whena good thing happens you'll not say its because you prayed welll, or when an Evil befalls you'll begin to say but I did what I was able to... Let's meet on FB pls and talk more @ Prince Anyika Chigozie, let's share the Goodness of God Himself....thanks

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Ishilove: 12:08am On Jan 05, 2014
rationalmind:

And if knowing this is your stance he decides to hide it from you till you get married to him, what will you do? File for divorce?

Or perhaps if after getting married to him as a christian he turns an atheist, you'll divorce him?
He can't hide it from me because the Holy Spirit is revealer of secrets.

1 Like

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by oladistinct(m): 12:09am On Jan 05, 2014
chronique: To everyone who says there is no God: all I need y'all to do is to prove to me how man was created/came into existence. If you can tell me how man's flesh was made,how your respiratory system was designed,how your brain was programmed,how the concept of blood being the soul of a man,was achieved,etc;I'd believe there's no God. It's only a fool that will claim He knows for sure,and can give you adequate info on what happened in a place He has never been to. It's only a fool that will come out and contradict historical events that occurred before his/her birth. It's only a fool that will wake up and say a way of life that has been observed by thousands of generations in the past,is false,without giving concrete evidences to prove it. You cannot explain how you came into existence,yet you claim there's no creator or God? Smh. The difference between the fool and the wise is that,the wise will believe there's God,only to find out at the end that there is no God. But the foolish will assume there's no GOD,only to discover at the end,that there is a God that created heaven and earth.
I understand you quite well; because the human body is complex and you can't explain how it was formed gave rise to your god hypothesis. It's almost impossible to know what transpired many years ago when life first grazed our planet but i tell you, the big bang theory is one of those theories that try to explain how the universe and life came into being. It is not a perfect theory to me though but it makes sense more than the theory of creation in the bible where god put the carth before the horse by creating earth before the sun and go on to create the first man with dust and breath of life: your god must be a magician.

1 Like

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by cold(m): 12:09am On Jan 05, 2014
chronique: To everyone who says there is no God: all I need y'all to do is to prove to me how man was created/came into existence. If you can tell me how man's flesh was made,how your respiratory system was designed,how your brain was programmed,how the concept of blood being the soul of a man,was achieved,etc;I'd believe there's no God. It's only a fool that will claim He knows for sure,and can give you adequate info on what happened in a place He has never been to. It's only a fool that will come out and contradict historical events that occurred before his/her birth. It's only a fool that will wake up and say a way of life that has been observed by thousands of generations in the past,is false,without giving concrete evidences to prove it. You cannot explain how you came into existence,yet you claim there's no creator or God? Smh. The difference between the fool and the wise is that,the wise will believe there's God,only to find out at the end that there is no God. But the foolish will assume there's no GOD,only to discover at the end,that there is a God that created heaven and earth.
Easy tiger! Ok accepted,there's a God & he created us all. Now the next question is where did this God come from? Who created him/her/it/them? If everything has a creator the corollary therefore is that this God must have been created by some other higher & being & we can ask the same of the higher being that created the higher being & so on & so forth. No? Please let us know how this God came about & what he looks like. Then we can believe. Seriously this shouldn't be too hard for someone like you that relates with this god on a personal level. We'll be waiting,hope we won't have to wait forever

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Okijajuju1(m): 12:10am On Jan 05, 2014
Ishilove:
He can't hide it from me because the Holy Spirit is revealer of secrets.

grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Leke Adeboye Apologises For Calling RCCG Pastors Goats / Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article / Young Muslims In The UK Clean Up Street After New Year's Eve Celebrations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.