Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,035 members, 7,807,104 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

"How Large Was Noah's Ark?" - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" (51139 Views)

Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? / Real Reasons Titanic Sank And Noah's Ark Sailed / Are Large/Mega-churches Biblical? How Large Is A Church Supposed To Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Thashen(m): 10:44am On Dec 16, 2016
SirWere:
Thashen, I appauld you. You have decided, at all costs, to stick to delusion and bring out a horde of rationalized nonsense.

Really; your unwillingness to use common sense is Legendary.

Respeck!
Yeah sirwere what I typed above is nonsensical in the eyes of a dingbat and the apes you call family! I mean of course the language I'm utilizing right now is not something you are used to hearing in a daily basis! You are used to hearing 'howanbsvaha" and other sounds you apes make to communicate to one another! grin

Do you know how to debate at all? Don't comment on my posts if you're not prone to intellectual conversing, you got that ape? grin
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Nobody: 11:34am On Dec 16, 2016
Thashen:
Yeah sirwere what I typed above is nonsensical in the eyes of a dingbat and the apes you call family! I mean of course the language I'm utilizing right now is not something you are used to hearing in a daily basis! You are used to hearing 'howanbsvaha" and other sounds you apes make to communicate to one another! grin

Do you know how to debate at all? Don't comment on my posts if you're not prone to intellectual conversing, you got that ape? grin

Chai; Intellectual indeed! I hail thee grin cheesy

One has to admire your aplomb, you realize you're saying nonsense so you must make it insultive, just to goad and have a tantrum!

Once again; I respeck thee for closing thine eyes and deafening thy ear to common sense all to suit your belief.

Salute cheesy cheesy
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Thashen(m): 12:10pm On Dec 16, 2016
SirWere:

Chai; Intellectual indeed! I hail thee grin cheesy

One has to admire your aplomb, you realize you're saying nonsense so you must make it insultive, just to goad and have a tantrum!

Once again; I respeck thee for closing thine eyes and deafening thy ear to common sense all to suit your belief.

Salute cheesy cheesy
I honestly can't wrap my head around the piece of cow dung you typed above since, well, it's only within the grasp of chimps. I've resorted to insulting you because of your consistent ignorance when it comes to how debates operates. Not only have you flunked to rebuff my main argument but you never provided arguments to prove what I typed is nonsense. You just crawled out of your nest and made a pitiful statement without backing it up! What a frustrating chimp you are sirwere! grin

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Nobody: 12:20pm On Dec 16, 2016
Thashen:

I honestly can't wrap my head around the piece of cow dung you typed above since, well, it's only within the grasp of chimps. I've resorted to insulting you because of your consistent ignorance when it comes to how debates operates. Not only have you flunked to rebuff my main argument but you never provided arguments to prove what I typed is nonsense. You just crawled out of your nest and made a pitiful statement without backing it up! What a frustrating chimp you are sirwere! grin

I'm actually lightly replying you as I'm off my system bow. It would be hellish to respond to your post on a phone, and a crappy one at that....

The alcoholic berating the mad man.

Wonderful!
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by chalse555: 11:20pm On May 04, 2017
Hello I’m here to giving a testimony on how Dr. OSAJIE the great Herbalist cured my HIV disease with herbal medicine, though I went through different website I saw different testimonies about different herbalists, I was like: “Many people have the HIV cure why are people still suffering from it?” I though of it, then I contact Dr. OSAJIE via email, I didn’t believe him that much, I just wanted to give him a try, he replied my mail and ask for some Information about me, then I sent them to him, he prepared the herbal medicine and sent it to me via UPS courier service, they told me that it will take 3-4 days before I we get the parcel, 3 days later I received the package and I started taking the medicine as prescribed by him, after 7 days of taking the medicine I went for check-up, I was tested HIV NEGATIVE... I’M GOING TO ASSIST ANYBODY THAT CONTACT HIM FOR HELP, IF YOU ARE SERIOUS YOU WILL BE CURED!!! contact him via: drosajie412@gmail.com or whatsapp +2348118186684

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:06pm On Jun 13, 2017
Thashen:

[b]This argument has been rebuffed a million times in this forum. Typical atheist questions.

Noah fit 2 million insects (1 million species x 2) into the ark? And how did be manage to fit 12,000 amphibians, 20,000 birds, 11,000 mammals, 16,000 reptiles, etc

God did not instruct Noah to bring two of every species on the boat. But rather in, Genesis 6:19-20

"19 And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female."

"20 Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive."

The bible described 3 categories of life. Categories which are close to our own classifications of the animal kingdom.

Every kind of bird’ - The bird kingdom.

Every kind of animal- The mammal kingdom.

Every creature that moves on the ground - Reptiles, amphibians, and insect Kingdom. Etc.

Ask them how a kangaroo hoped all the way from Australia to the middle east. Or the penguin or polar bear how did they enter the ark from the other side of the world?

Kangaroos did not hop all the way from Australia to the ark. However, the Bible states that the animals came to Noah; he did not have to round them up (Genesis 6:20). God apparently caused the animals to come to Noah. How he did that is irrelevant!

How did terrestrial plant life survive after being submerged in water for half a year?

Many terrestrial seeds can survive long periods of soaking in various concentrations of salt water. Salt water impedes the germination of some species so that the seed lasts better in salt water than fresh water.

Other plants could have survived in floating vegetation masses, or on pumice from the volcanic activity. Pieces of many plants are still capable of asexual sprouting.

Many plants could have survived as planned food stores on the ark, or accidental inclusions in such food stores (Genesis 6:21).

Many seeds have devices for attaching themselves to animals, and some could have survived the flood by this means.

Others could have survived in the stomachs of the bloated, floating carcasses of dead herbivores.

The olive leaf brought back to Noah by the dove (Genesis 8:11) shows that plants were regenerating well before Noah and company left the ark.

Where did all the water go to?

There are a number of Scripture passages that identify the Flood waters with the present-day seas (Amos 9:6 and Job 38:8-11 note “waves”).

Psalm 104 suggests an answer. After the waters covered the mountains (verse 6), God rebuked them and they fled (verse 7); the mountains rose, the valleys sank down (verse cool and God set a boundary so that they will never again cover the Earth (verse 9)[1]. They are the same waters! Isaiah gives this same statement that the waters of Noah would never again cover the Earth (Isaiah 54:9).

What the Bible is actually telling is that God acted to alter the Earth's topography. New continental landmasses bearing new mountain chains of folded rock strata were uplifted from below the globe encircling waters that had eroded and leveled the pre-Flood topography, while large deep ocean basin were formed to receive and accommodate the Flood waters that then drained off the emerging continents.

How did Noah and the animals survive the cold and lack of oxygen, since they were higher than the tallest mountain?

Mount Everest was not the height it is now during the Flood. Earth's highest mountains have fossils of sea creatures at their tops, showing they were once under the sea.

The possibilities are that… the sea rose to cover the mountains or the mountains were once under the sea and have since risen out of the sea, or a combination of the two.

Even if the flood waters were 9 kilometers deep,Noah and the animals would not have had trouble breathing. Air pressure is caused by the weight of air above the point where the pressure is experienced.

If the water was 9 kilometers deep, then the air that was in that 9 kilometers deep volume of what was atmosphere would have been pushed out and would then have sat above the water at 9 kilometers above the Earth's surface.

How did fresh water fish survive, since the ocean covered the world?

If the world was covered by water in the flood, then there would have been a mixing of fresh and salt waters. 

There are migratory species of fish that travel between salt and fresh water. E.g, salmon, striped bass, and Atlantic spurgeon spawn in fresh water and mature in salt water. Eels reproduce in salt water and grow to maturity in fresh water streams and lakes.

Many of today's species of fish are able to adjust to both fresh water and salt water. There is also evidence of post-flood specialization within a kind of fish. E.g, the Atlantic sturgeon is a migratory salt/freshwater species but the Siberian sturgeon (a different species of the same kind) lives only in fresh water.

How did all the animals return to their natural habitat?

Many of them could have floated on vast floating logs, left-overs from the massive pre-flood forests that were ripped up during the flood and likely remained afloat for many decades on the world’s oceans, transported by world currents.

Others could later have been taken by people. Savolainen et al., have suggested, for example, that all Australian dingoes are descended from a single female domesticated dog from Southeast Asia.

A third explanation of possible later migration is that animals could have crossed land bridges. This is, after all, how it is supposed by evolutionists that many animals and people migrated from Asia to the Americas—over a land bridge at the Bering Straits.

For such land bridges to have existed, we may need to assume that sea levels were lower in the post-Flood period—an assumption based on a biblical model of the Ice Age.

Why is there no evidence of the flood, none whatsoever. There should be fossils to correspond with the mass extinction, like in the case of the dinosaurs?

Global flood evidences includes:

The earth's features, such as mountains, canyons, regional stratigraphy (large-scale single rock beds), soft bending of rock strata, etc.) require some type of catastrophic explanation.

Sedimentary rock formations (formed through water deposition) cover substantial portions of North America and other continents.

There is no evidence that coal, oil, or ore deposits are being formed today, yet massive deposits are found in the earth.

Likewise, the earth contains many great fossil beds, none of which appear to be forming today either. Fossils require rapid burial to be preserved.

Ocean fossils are found at high altitudes on all five continents.

Exceptions in the geologic column indicate that it was not formed in a gradual manner, such as the appearance of single trees that extend vertically through multiple ages.

Why did Noah take HIV to the ark?

?
[/b]

Way to go! cheesy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:30pm On Jan 27, 2018
How many of each clean animal did Noah take onto the ark?

Watch the Full New Noah Movie -> www.NoahTheMovie.com
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:42pm On Feb 01, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

See the Noah movie. --> www.NoahTheMovie.com

God destroyed the earth once by flood, will He do it again?

Please Watch & Share This Full New Noah Movie -> www.NoahTheMovie.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:58am On Feb 02, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

God destroyed the earth once by flood, will He do it again?

Please Watch & Share This Full New Noah Movie -> www.NoahTheMovie.com

How did God cause the waters of Noah's flood to subside?
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Emmytes(m): 2:05pm On Feb 02, 2018
Hahaha

This is the most hillsrous thread I've read so far on the religion section.

Brain washed Africans trying to make sense out of the nonsense taught to them by their colonial masters. The arguments presented by this religious fanatics are too dumb, irrational and illogical. They close each argument with the same line "just have faith".

You lots are caused and should be quarantined, never left to breed. The stupidity is at an ath, smh!

1 Like

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:55am On Feb 03, 2018
Emmytes:

Hahaha

This is the most hillsrous thread I've read so far on the religion section.

Brain washed Africans trying to make sense out of the nonsense taught to them by their colonial masters. The arguments presented by this religious fanatics are too dumb, irrational and illogical. They close each argument with the same line "just have faith".

You lots are caused and should be quarantined, never left to breed. The stupidity is at an ath, smh!

Noah: Myth or Man?
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:14pm On Jan 02, 2019
How Large Was Noah's Ark?

Someone Said: "How large was Noah's ark?"

Ray Answers: We know the Ark must have been at least 450 feet long, 75 feet wide, and 45 feet high. Using a longer cubit, it would have been over 500 feet in length. In the Western world, wooden sailing ships never got much longer than about 330 feet, yet much earlier the ancient Greeks were building vessels at least this size. China built huge wooden ships in the 1400s that may have been as large as the Ark. The biblical Ark is one of the largest wooden ships of all time, a mid-sized cargo ship even by today's standards.

The Ark had three decks (see Gen. 6:16), so this gives you an idea of its overall size. With a capacity of 1.5 million cubic feet, it would have had sufficient room for all the people, animals (kinds), and supplies.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 1 January 2014 ·

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:57am On Jan 25, 2019
What were the sins of Noah's generation?

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 25 January 2014 ·
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:24pm On Jan 28, 2019
Who went into Noah's ark?

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 27 January 2014 ·
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:10pm On Jan 28, 2019
What was the width of Noah's ark?

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:12pm On Jan 28, 2019

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:49pm On Jan 28, 2019
Of what type of wood was Noah's ark made?

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:23pm On Jan 29, 2019
What did God tell Noah to add to the wood?

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:06am On Feb 02, 2019
How did God cause the waters of Noah's flood to subside?

Click Here to watch the Noah Movie --> www.NoahTheMovie.com

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 30 January 2014 ·
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:25am On Feb 03, 2019
How many days and nights did it rain in the Noah flood?

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 29 January 2014 ·
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:44pm On Oct 14, 2019
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by SniperAssassin: 5:32am On Nov 03, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Try and make educated assumptions. The recorded truth is that birds and air breathing terrestial animals were aboard the Ark and not fishes.

"Of the birds after their kind, of animals after their kind, and of every creeping thing of the earth after its kind, two of every kind will come to you, to keep them alive" (Genesis 6:20; 7:15, 22)).

You see that it was only land-dwelling, air breathing animals that had to be included on the Ark ("In which is the breath of life" Genesis 7:15, 22)

What about whales? They breathe air through their blowholes. So they cannot be left behind
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:03pm On Nov 06, 2019
SniperAssassin:

What about whales? They breathe air through their blowholes. So they cannot be left behind

It was only air breathing birds and terrestrial animals that received invites into the Ark. Pay attention to details. cool
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jan 21, 2020
EvilBrain1:
Watching this thread with great interest. I'm a bit disappointed that my christian brethren haven't tried harder to answer the questions from my first 2 posts. The bible cannot be wrong, so I guess you guys just don't have the spirit of discernment to decipher its secrets.

Also I just want to point out that the archeological record shows clear evidence of farming of rice and domestication of animals in China as far back as 7500BCE. Since then, the record is continuous with no breaks consistent with a flood. Which leads me to another question: How come the Chinese people didn't know they had all died in the flood and instead just kept on farming and making pottery to us to find thousands of years later?

Again, I'm not doubting the ark story. I just want to know the whole truth.

@olaadegbu
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by ojaysam25(m): 12:36am On Jan 22, 2020
EvilBrain1:

The numbers I quoted refer to the species alive today. If they weren't all admitted to the ark, then how did they survive?

And no, the saltwater fish could not have survived. Very few fish species can survive such drastic changes in salinity. The vast majority would have died long before all the land was covered.

I noticed that you didn't address the fact that there simply isn't enough space for even a tiny fraction of those animals to fit on the ark as described in the bible. Even a hundred arks couldnt have fit all the food (and shït) they would have gone through in a month, not to talk of a year. Also there's the altitude problem. And the post deluge food problem. And the problem of which one of Noah's family members was HIV positive.

I didn't even ask how all the animals only found on isolated islands and continents (like kangaroos, ostriches, lemurs and the various species of giant tortoises) managed to find their way to the middle east to climb into the ark. Did they swim across the oceans? Did they swim back after the flood? And how come kangaroos and lemurs didn't leave a single descendant behind in Eurasia or Africa during their long walk/swim back to Australia/Madagascar? You'd think you'd find every class of animal living around the area where the ark landed instead of species being geographically isolated the way they are.

Like I said before, I'm not doubting the story. The Bible is obviously 100% correct in every way. I just want to clear up a few grey areas.

because it was God himself who took care of the issue not Noah....

don't tell me you also doubt jesus feeding 5 thousand people with foods that ordinary wouldn't have feed 10 people..
God was at work thats all I can say about Noah and the Ark.
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:03pm On Jan 22, 2020
maynia:

@olaadegbu

You got your dating wrong. cool
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jan 22, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

You got your dating wrong. cool

According to answeringenesis?

lol
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:39pm On Jan 22, 2020
maynia:

According to answeringenesis?

lol

According to Creation science. cool

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jan 22, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

According to Creation science. cool

According to what answeringenesis says, if it says otherwise you will also follow.

ZOMBIE
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:44pm On Jan 22, 2020
maynia:

According to what answeringenesis says, if it says otherwise you will also follow.

ZOMBIE

It was an eyewitness account recorded in the book of Genesis. cool

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jan 22, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

It was an eyewitness account recorded in the book of Genesis. cool

Who's the eyewitness?

How are you sure the eyewitness is not suffering from some mental illness?

Oy, go and copy and paste from your master's

lol
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:52pm On Jan 22, 2020
maynia:

Who's the eyewitness?

The Author. cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Pastor Fatoyinbo Contacts Daddy Freeze For Interview, To Launch Attack On Busola / Was Coronavirus Included In 2020 Prophecies? / Man Destroys Bible As A Revenge For Destruction Of Shrine In Anambra By A Priest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.