Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,796 members, 7,802,539 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:06 PM

"How Large Was Noah's Ark?" - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" (51111 Views)

Of What Use Was Noah's Flood If It Couldn't Stop Wickedness? / Real Reasons Titanic Sank And Noah's Ark Sailed / Are Large/Mega-churches Biblical? How Large Is A Church Supposed To Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by phuckNL: 9:03pm On Jan 07, 2014
Coefficient:

Apparently, you chose the wrong person to argue with. I'm not one to join issues with people on public forums- at least not an unrepentant atheist bent on ridiculing God and his handiwork. I stated my belief in my first post, if you aren't cool with it, well, too bad. It's your hard luck my friend. But I do hope you see the light someday. Good luck and scurry along now.

Exactly. The take it or leave it doctrine. If you believe in it so much, don't you think it is your fundamental duty to make sure I "see" the light.
Won't you be penalized for letting a fellow human go astray? No one is argueing with you. I am simply asking fundamental questions that need answers. I am a fully grown adult and I think if anyone just tells me something and expects me to "take it or leave it", then my parents have wasted money raising me.

3 Likes

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Mudley313: 9:17pm On Jan 07, 2014
Rexyl: All arguments from the Bible, taken far away from the Bible will still come back to the Bible and land upon it. That is why God is God. People don't need any other proofs except the ones already spoken.

what's the difference between you and boko haram who go and murder people without question because their arabian god told them to; same way you refuse to question the so-called words of your jewish god...funny thing is all these fairy tales were written by stone age goat herding foreigners about how they believed the world works, but you and boko haram members, both africans, will follow the words of foreigners like mumu come dey lie say na god talk am...okpemu

1 Like

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Rexyl(m): 9:25pm On Jan 07, 2014
phuck_NL:

If this trend continues, there will be less and less people that believe in the Bible and in the distant future, people will do away with it. Rather than telling people to JUST BELIEVE, we need to start asking questions. Then only can we know the truth. Otherwise you will keep on isolating people. Imagine the kids we have today that know how to handle IPADS by the age of 2 - 3. Imagine when they grow up and you still keep feeding them stories like Noahs Ark, don't you think they will one day stand up from the congregation and give you a well deserved SLAP.

You are right to your opinion. if you and your children and children's children choose not to know God, serve Him and believe in His words, that will neither move Him nor change His position. Bible has already spoken well about increasing knowledge and a time of widespread disregard of truth contained in it. Few that are being saved by grace will continue to believe in God and His words. What makes His word stay is the supernatural which brings spiritual rebirth and transformation of minds, and works of miracles made possible by anchoring one's faith in Him, esp by people who are diligently seeking Him.Do you believe in Spiritualism and divination at all? If your answer is yes you and your likes must not doubt existence of God, and the fact that His word is still being given to people inspired by Him.
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by juanmiguel: 9:28pm On Jan 07, 2014
stop counting hw many animals fit into d ark, it was male n female of every kind of animal dat were taken along.
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by oiseworld: 9:32pm On Jan 07, 2014
With the high rate of floods and tsunami happening around the world today, some f.ools still Question the Biblical story of Noah and the Ark.

Its obviously true that even if Jesus came back to earth those who would still not believe will mot believe.
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by efembaba(m): 9:34pm On Jan 07, 2014
mantraa: In answer to your questions,
All the animals were teleported to the ark location just before the flood and then teleported back to their original locations around the globe after the event.

To fit on the ark, all the animals were debigulated to a tiny fraction of their size, then re-bigulated when the flood was over, including some of the less sinful dinosaurs.

To account for the food and waste issues, all the animals were put in a state of suspended animation, this included all the salt water / fresh water fishes, whales, cretaceans, turtles and dolphins.

To account for the altitude and lack of oxygen, god created more oxygen for the planet so they could breathe and stay alive.

When the flood subsided, god siphened the water off the planet into space, creating the frozen ice asteroid belt and kuiper belt in the solar system.

Then he fixed the soil and hyper accelerated the growth of plants so that a dove will find a tree to indicate that land was nearby.

Remember that Yahweh is omnipotent, there is nothing he cannot do to make his ingenious and omniscient plan work.
how did you know all this
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by efembaba(m): 9:34pm On Jan 07, 2014
mantraa: In answer to your questions,
All the animals were teleported to the ark location just before the flood and then teleported back to their original locations around the globe after the event.

To fit on the ark, all the animals were debigulated to a tiny fraction of their size, then re-bigulated when the flood was over, including some of the less sinful dinosaurs.

To account for the food and waste issues, all the animals were put in a state of suspended animation, this included all the salt water / fresh water fishes, whales, cretaceans, turtles and dolphins.

To account for the altitude and lack of oxygen, god created more oxygen for the planet so they could breathe and stay alive.

When the flood subsided, god siphened the water off the planet into space, creating the frozen ice asteroid belt and kuiper belt in the solar system.

Then he fixed the soil and hyper accelerated the growth of plants so that a dove will find a tree to indicate that land was nearby.

Remember that Yahweh is omnipotent, there is nothing he cannot do to make his ingenious and omniscient plan work.
how did you know all this
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by oiseworld: 9:35pm On Jan 07, 2014
phuck_NL:

Exactly. The take it or leave it doctrine. If you believe in it so much, don't you think it is your fundamental duty to make sure I "see" the light.
Won't you be penalized for letting a fellow human go astray? No one is argueing with you. I am simply asking fundamental questions that need answers. I am a fully grown adult and I think if anyone just tells me something and expects me to "take it or leave it", then my parents have wasted money raising me.
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by FiyinfoluwaA1(m): 9:36pm On Jan 07, 2014
God is God and He's the creator of the earth and every single atom and cell in it, He runs the shows, he presses the buttons and I believe he's more than smart to handle everything before, during and after the great flood. God has the control for every creature. I'm pretty positive he must have handled every area and issue back then, from the taming of every organism to food and water supplies to oxygen availability, temperature regulation e.t.c
Come on! We talking about THE CREATOR HIMESELF!
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by semoly(m): 9:46pm On Jan 07, 2014
Evil Brain: How did Noah fit 2 million insects (1 million species x 2) into the ark? And how did be manage to fit 12,000 amphibians, 20,000 birds, 11,000 mammals, 16,000 reptiles and god knows how many crustaceans, arachnids and mollusks into a boat that must have already been overflowing with insects? Where did he find space to keep a years worth of food for all those animals? How did he keep the meat for the Lions, tigers and other carnivores fresh for a whole year? Why did he take mosquitoes, tapeworms, guinea worms and the HIV virus aboard the ark? Did he infect himself with all those parasites, or did he force his wife and children to carry them? How come all the animals didn't freeze to death at 9,000 metres altitude (the height of Mount Everest which must have been underwater) Where did they find oxygen to breathe at that height? What did all the animals eat after getting off the ark? All the plants must have died after a year underwater, and all the animals would have drowned so no food for herbivores or carnivores. How come all the fish in the ocean survived? Saltwater fish can't survive in freshwater and the ocean would have been massively diluted with all that rain. Or did the ark also have a salty fish tank with space for 60,000 fish (30,000 species x 2)? And how did he feed all those fish?

Not that I'm doubting this ark story mind you. Its in the Bible after all, so it must be true. I'm just curious about a few technicalities. I'm sure you have good explanations for all of them.
I don't have answer to your questions BUT let me ask u how did Jesus feed 5000 people with 5 loaves and 2 fish?

1 Like

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by sunkieisland(m): 9:51pm On Jan 07, 2014
Evil Brain: How did Noah fit 2 million insects (1 million species x 2) into the ark? And how did be manage to fit 12,000 amphibians, 20,000 birds, 11,000 mammals, 16,000 reptiles and god knows how many crustaceans, arachnids and mollusks into a boat that must have already been overflowing with insects? Where did he find space to keep a years worth of food for all those animals? How did he keep the meat for the Lions, tigers and other carnivores fresh for a whole year? Why did he take mosquitoes, tapeworms, guinea worms and the HIV virus aboard the ark? Did he infect himself with all those parasites, or did he force his wife and children to carry them? How come all the animals didn't freeze to death at 9,000 metres altitude (the height of Mount Everest which must have been underwater) Where did they find oxygen to breathe at that height? What did all the animals eat after getting off the ark? All the plants must have died after a year underwater, and all the animals would have drowned so no food for herbivores or carnivores. How come all the fish in the ocean survived? Saltwater fish can't survive in freshwater and the ocean would have been massively diluted with all that rain. Or did the ark also have a salty fish tank with space for 60,000 fish (30,000 species x 2)? And how did he feed all those fish?

Not that I'm doubting this ark story mind you. Its in the Bible after all, so it must be true. I'm just curious about a few technicalities. I'm sure you have good explanations for all of them.

Your observation seems logical not just accurate, God destroyed the Earth with water not fire, so fishes and other aquatic life forms can remain in their natural habitat. You have a point about the insect though.... but who am I or you to question the works of God.....unfathomable....
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:52pm On Jan 07, 2014
FiyinfoluwaA1: God is God and He's the creator of the earth and every single atom and cell in it, He runs the shows, he presses the buttons and I believe he's more than smart to handle everything before, during and after the great flood. God has the control for every creature. I'm pretty positive he must have handled every area and issue back then, from the taming of every organism to food and water supplies to oxygen availability, temperature regulation e.t.c
Come on! We talking about THE CREATOR HIMESELF!

We know God exists.

what we are trying to say is that christianity is a scam and the christian version of God is a lie and deceit.

1 Like

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Rexyl(m): 9:54pm On Jan 07, 2014
Mudley313:

what's the difference between you and boko haram who go and murder people without question because their arabian god told them to; same way you refuse to question the so-called words of your jewish god...funny thing is all these fairy tales were written by stone age goat herding foreigners about how they believed the world works, but you and boko haram members, both africans, will follow the words of foreigners like mumu come dey lie say na god talk am...okpemu

The word of God aims to let people know that there is a Creator behind the creation in a similar way your parents produced you by birth and you now exist as a living creature. Nobody forces you to believe this simple fact. If you like appreciate it or ignore it. christians know God exists in Spirit and they are trained to reference Him as such. Christ gospel tells us God doesn't mean evil for those diligently seeking and serving Him in truth and spirit. You mention book haram here and you seem to code it as evils of God. Once again Christ's message gives the distinction BTW goodness (love and kindness) of God and evils of Satan (which involve his cruelty and violence). Through Christ message we know that acts of terrorism is handiwork of Satan. Pls note there is no God in the act at all.
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by phuckNL: 9:55pm On Jan 07, 2014
Rexyl:

You are right to your opinion. if you and your children and children's children choose not to know God, serve Him and believe in His words, that will neither move Him nor change His position. Bible has already spoken well about increasing knowledge and a time of widespread disregard of truth contained in it. Few that are being saved by grace will continue to believe in God and His words. What makes His words stay is the supernatural which brings spiritual rebirth and transformation of minds, and works of miracles made possible by anchoring one's faith in Him, esp by people who are diligently seeking Him.Do you believe in Spiritualism and divination at all? If your answer is yes you and your likes must not doubt existence of God, and the fact that His word is still being given to people inspired by Him.

This is why we need to ask questions and not just "forcefully accept what is given to us"
If you bothered to read my comments at all, you would have noticed where I stated SEVERAL times that I believe in GOD but do not believe in any INSTITUTION or BOOK written by MAN because they are riddled with LIES. You have ignored my main question and just stuck to your "YOU just have to believe it or go away"

Simple question. MAN wrote the BIBLE. Prove to me that the original writers did not lie. I am not here to debate GOD. To each his own. You can not debate supernatural things because it is based on "FAITH and BELIEF"
What you can debate, on the other hand, is THE BIBLE STORIES written by MAN. My question stands. How can you tell me with 100% accuracy that LIES have not been told since the religious books did not MIRACOUSLY appear but were WRITTEN over several YEARS by MAN. This is the man issue here. I maintain LIES have been told and the NOAH's ARK story is one of them

1 Like

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jan 07, 2014
semoly: I don't have answer to your questions BUT let me ask u how did Jesus feed 5000 people with 5 loaves and 2 fish?
U ar haven't to given an answer to his questions, u tink dis one makes it better?
U want him to ask u more questions or what?
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by phuckNL: 9:59pm On Jan 07, 2014
oiseworld: With the high rate of floods and tsunami happening around the world today, some f.ools still Question the Biblical story of Noah and the Ark.

Its obviously true that even if Jesus came back to earth those who would still not believe will mot believe.

Try and read from the first page before jumping into conclusions. If I analyze your statement, the deduction about who is or who isn't a f00l might backfire on you.
I do not think anyone disputes that NOAH's ARK was built. Heck, the title of the thread is "how big was it"
The question is how possible would it have been to build an ark so big, it would house all the animals for one year amongst other things.

1 Like

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Rexyl(m): 10:24pm On Jan 07, 2014
phuck_NL:

This is why we need to ask questions and not just "forcefully accept what is given to us"
If you bothered to read my comments at all, you would have noticed where I stated SEVERAL times that I believe in GOD but do not believe in any INSTITUTION or BOOK written by MAN because they are riddled with LIES. You have ignored my main question and just stuck to your "YOU just have to believe it or go away"

Simple question. MAN wrote the BIBLE. Prove to me that the original writers did not lie. I am not here to debate GOD. To each his own. You can not debate supernatural things because it is based on "FAITH and BELIEF"
What you can debate, on the other hand, is THE BIBLE STORIES written by MAN. My question stands. How can you tell me with 100% accuracy that LIES have not been told since the religious books did not MIRACOUSLY appear but were WRITTEN over several YEARS by MAN. This is the man issue here. I maintain LIES have been told and the NOAH's ARK story is one of them

Written by people inspired by God. At times it contains different messages aimed at different situations, therefore looking at it to treat all situations alike will contrast minds that do not understand properly. We all know that only God is perfect, but we have been provided with the guides to the truth He wants us to know about Him. It is 'know the truth of the word' which seeks to set believers free unto righteousness.
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by phuckNL: 10:36pm On Jan 07, 2014
Rexyl:

Written by people inspired by God. At times it contains different messages aimed at different situations, therefore looking at it to treat all situations alike will contrast minds that do not understand properly. We all know that only God is perfect, but we have been provided with the guides to the truth He wants us to know about Him. It is 'know the truth of the word' which seeks to set believers free unto righteousness.

I am happy that you at least chose to answer me. A lot of people will simply just say "atheist, go away"
Anyway, I admire your opinion even though I oppose it. Is it wrong for me to question "the people" you say were inspired by God if a lot of the things they wrote down seem unbelievable? The reason I question it is because history has shown us that our ancestors are big time liars and they used to use fear to control people. We have this in African history. The only difference is that our African ancestors did not document ours in a book form. We have Sango who use to throw lightning to name a few. A lot of people claim this is false. Would they have believed our African folklore if it had been coined in a book and sold to us by the same people who brought the likes of Noah's Ark?

I know I'm pushing you into a corner but we these questions need to be asked

1 Like

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jan 07, 2014
phuck_NL:

True there is need for an examination of the Bible. A thorough examination of the Bible have proved that it is 100% accurate. You can examine the facts for yourself.
Meanwhile you didn't give any fact to disprove Noah's Ark.
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Heywizzy25(m): 10:45pm On Jan 07, 2014

impossible is notn......supernatural tinz
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by LordAdam: 11:11pm On Jan 07, 2014
simon.jo:

True there is need for an examination of the Bible. A thorough examination of the Bible have proved that it is 100% accurate. You can examine the facts for yourself.
Meanwhile you didn't give any fact to disprove Noah's Ark.

When was it proven? By whom? Show me a link or a book, maybe I missed something. All I've seen is a continuum of outrageous claims that'd only be accepted by like-religious minds. So-called Christian Scientists can make mind-boggling exertions because they're trying to proof based on the bible not willing to entertain any questioning. This evidently creates a lot of holes.

Now if you choose to chew on that cherry-picked puke, fine by me. Just don't make baseless stats on a public forum.

Lord

1 Like

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Daystar18: 11:21pm On Jan 07, 2014
Joshthefirst: joker. You will not be taken seriously.

He is taken very seriously! Unlike the OP who looked at it with a natural mind. The story of the ark like many others in the bible are backed by the supernatural.
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by khattab02: 11:26pm On Jan 07, 2014
phuck_NL:

lol.. This guy eh! I thought this thread was almost completely abadoned? See how the thread moved with so many views but a bit derailed .oooo I for talk na? Front page, no wonder!
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by mecussey(m): 11:27pm On Jan 07, 2014
Why they allow mosquitoes enter that ark. Recently, i have been hating mosquitoes.
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by toyehanz: 11:40pm On Jan 07, 2014
Ask alvin almighty
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:57pm On Jan 07, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

grin

There is room in the Ark if you don't delay. cool

Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Kelly32: 12:03am On Jan 08, 2014
Here is what I think,there are certain things we may not really and fully understand and because we don't, we only Just make rubbish of certain truth that stares us in the face. With regards to Noah's ark story and evidences to prove or disprove it's authenticity thereby indirectly questioning the efficacy of the bible.I submit to u that there are many more unimaginable un-explainable stories littered across the bible eg people rising from dead, different kinds of sicknesses being healed, people walking on water,people walking on dry ground through a sea,people thrown into fire but not burned,300 soldiers winning a war against 36,000 soldiers, I could go on and on. It just comes down to this its either u believe the bible(which is Gods word )or you don't for without faith it is impossible to please and be satisfactory to Him. For whoever would come near to God must [necessarily] believe that God exists and that He is the rewarder of those who earnestly and diligently seek Him [out]Heb 11:6. We either live by faith and leave all these unnecessary arguments or we research to find out the truth or we don't believe at all. but for the sake of evidence please watch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7iycpe16V0 OR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPRo7Q-7yQQ
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Tomytomy3: 12:14am On Jan 08, 2014

Let me help you freind, when God speak a word it stand's forever. When He said 'let there be light, is the light not still there? Let the sun shine... Let the waters bring forth fishes after it kind, is it not happening? Let the earth bring forth trees and animals, are they not still obeying Gods commamd till date? Experiment it and see for yourself. The Bible is very true.
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by emmyoha87(m): 12:41am On Jan 08, 2014

Think of the God that made it possible and marvel at the wonder of HIS creative possibilities!!!
Re: "How Large Was Noah's Ark?" by Nobody: 12:48am On Jan 08, 2014
I doubt the Noah Ark story anyway. You can call me a doubting Thomas!

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

South-East Based Top Gospel Artistes ( Photos ) / Was Coronavirus Included In 2020 Prophecies? / Mbaka To Buhari Government: Apologise God Says You Are Wicked Maggots, Hooligans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.