Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,564 members, 7,809,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

Separate Truth From Fact - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Separate Truth From Fact (821 Views)

To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. / Muslims Are Expected To Know The Truth From Christians / Spiritual Truth From Aladdin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Separate Truth From Fact by Joagbaje(m): 7:53am On Jan 02, 2014
Psalm 15:1-2
Lord, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? who shall dwell in thy holy hill? He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart

In John 8:32 the Lord Jesus said,

"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

The truth He's talking about here is the truth in God's realm, which is different from fact. There are facts and there are truths. Truth is reality, but not all facts are true.

A fact may be the truth, but it may not be all-time truth. For example, medical examination may show that a Christian has a tumour or an infection in his body; that diagnosis by the doctor is a fact, and not the truth. What then is the truth in this context? The truth is the revealed Word of God concerning your health as a Christian. The growth may be there, but the Word of God, which is the TRUTH and the reality, says you're perfected in Christ (1 Peter 2:24). Take your eyes away from physical facts and fix your attention on the reality of God's Word, which confirms your divine health. That's what faith does: it changes facts by refusing to give them attention, consideration or cognizance.

Mark the words of the Master: He didn't say, "You shall know the facts, and the facts shall make you free"; He said "You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." The truth of God's Word is what delivers you from the "facts" of life. Therefore, you're to reckon with, and speak only, "the truth," that is, God's Word: "...thy word is truth" (John 17:17).

Our opening verse talks about speaking the truth in your heart; how do you speak the truth in your heart? It begins with thinking the truth in your heart. If you don't think the truth in your heart you'll not speak the truth. The truth is what God has said about you in His Word. That's all that should count in your life; that's all that should dominate your thought and speech. For example, if someone tells you, "You're not so smart; there's nothing special about you"; you're to immediately refute it and tell yourself on the inside, "I know who I am. I'm God's peculiar treasure, sound, super-intelligent, and excellent!"

Ephesians 4:14-15
That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ

Joshua 1:8
This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success

2 Likes

Re: Separate Truth From Fact by God2man(m): 8:12am On Jan 02, 2014
@Joagbaje, Happy new year, sir, wishing you many many more years.

A great post.

God bless you.
God2man.
Re: Separate Truth From Fact by yommyuk: 8:31am On Jan 02, 2014
John 16:13
When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.

@Joe wink
Re: Separate Truth From Fact by Gombs(m): 9:00am On Jan 02, 2014
Wow, was about starting a thread on exactly this day's ROR topic...sir, u beat me to it. However, great truths revealed to us by the Spirit of God.

@ Joagbaje, this line got me crazy " [size=16pt] the truth of God's word is what delivers you from the 'facts' of life [/size] ".... that's something to shout about...wow! I wish the whole world knew/know this
# GLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORAY

1 Like

Re: Separate Truth From Fact by Joagbaje(m): 9:08am On Jan 02, 2014
God2man: @Joagbaje, Happy new year, sir, wishing you many many more years.

A great post.

God bless you.
God2man.

Happy new year sir
Re: Separate Truth From Fact by okeyxyz(m): 9:13am On Jan 02, 2014
Wisdom: To know Truth is to perceive that which underlies facts. Gbam!!!

Yes, truth and fact are totally different entities. They may agree, but definitely separate.
Re: Separate Truth From Fact by Goshen360(m): 2:15pm On Jan 02, 2014
1. Welcome to 2014 brethren.

2. The fact is, there was deadness and weakness of womb and body, Sarah and Abraham, father of us who are of faith. Truth is, he is a FATHER OF MANY NATIONS.

3. Lemme do the work of the angle in John 5:4, to stir the water and bring healing to the man at the pool.

"Buy the truth and sell it not", how do I buy the truth and sell it not IF CHRIST IS THE TRUTH?
Re: Separate Truth From Fact by Gombs(m): 2:29pm On Jan 02, 2014
[size=16pt] The truth He's talking about here is the truth in God's realm , which is different from fact. [/size]

Goshen360: 1. Welcome to 2014 brethren.

2. The fact is, there was deadness and weakness of womb and body, Sarah and Abraham, father of us who are of faith. Truth is, he is a FATHER OF MANY NATIONS.

3. Lemme do the work of the angle in John 5:4, to stir the water and bring healing to the man at the pool.

"Buy the truth and sell it not", how do I buy the truth and sell it not IF CHRIST IS THE TRUTH?

Read the OP well, you'd notice the above bold...Please read the OP slowly this time. HNY bro
Re: Separate Truth From Fact by Goshen360(m): 4:08pm On Jan 02, 2014
Gombs: [size=16pt] The truth He's talking about here is the truth in God's realm , which is different from fact. [/size]

Read the OP well, you'd notice the above bold...Please read the OP slowly this time. HNY bro

I wasn't contesting anything the OP said, I was stirring up something for our learning, changing the course. Okay, if he's talking about the truth in God's realm, how do I buy this truth in God's realm AND SELL IT NOT?
Re: Separate Truth From Fact by Gombs(m): 12:06am On Jan 03, 2014
Proverbs 23v 23. - Buy the truth, means, Consider truth as a thing of the highest value, and spare no pains, cost, or sacrifice to obtain it, and, when gotten, keep it safe; do not barter it for earthly profit or the pleasures of sense; do not be reasoned out of it, or laughed out of it; while " [size=16pt] sell it not," means do not part with it for any consideration. [/size] The second clause gives the sphere in which truth moves, or the three properties which appertain to it.(read the rest of v23)

Goshen360:

I wasn't contesting anything the OP said, I was stirring up something for our learning, changing the course. Okay, if he's talking about the truth in God's realm, how do I buy this truth in God's realm AND SELL IT NOT?

It's a new year, do I need school u on the Bible this early? Cosider the last part of your post above...u were thinking monetary buying and selling, weren't u? Goshen, hmmmmm ok o

2 Likes

Re: Separate Truth From Fact by Kenny4lyfe(m): 4:23am On Jan 03, 2014
Gombs: Wow, was about starting a thread on exactly this day's ROR topic...sir, u beat me to it. However, great truths revealed to us by the Spirit of God.

@ Joagbaje, this line got me crazy " [size=16pt] the truth of God's word is what delivers you from the 'facts' of life [/size] ".... that's something to shout about...wow! I wish the whole world knew/know this
# GLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORAY

That quote got me gittering when I first caught it!
I had to slow down and digest it into my consciouness first! I'm glad I'm associated with great victors like Pastor Chris and @joagbaje, the Truths of God's Word that I hear from them (day-in-day-out) has always put me over in my jorney through life; those words are tested and trusted believe me!
Happy New Year daddy sir @joagbaje!
Re: Separate Truth From Fact by Nobody: 5:46am On Jan 03, 2014
Gombs: Proverbs 23v 23. - Buy the truth, means, Consider truth as a thing of the highest value, and spare no pains, cost, or sacrifice to obtain it, and, when gotten, keep it safe; do not barter it for earthly profit or the pleasures of sense; do not be reasoned out of it, or laughed out of it; while " [size=16pt] sell it not," means do not part with it for any consideration. [/size] The second clause gives the sphere in which truth moves, or the three properties which appertain to it.(read the rest of v23)

It's a new year, do I need school u on the Bible this early? Cosider the last part of your post above...u were thinking monetary buying and selling, weren't u? Goshen, hmmmmm ok o
Don't mind Gosh, he was thinking in terms of tithes and offerings. grin grin
Re: Separate Truth From Fact by PastorOluT(m): 6:38am On Jan 03, 2014
Happy New Year to all the brethren in the house.

God bless u @ op, in fact I was talking to someone in this line yesterday (though from a different angle, the spiritual being more real than the physical), and looking at it from 2Corinthians 4:18.

That 90% of what is happening in the world as we know it today are spiritual n just 10 are physical manifesting in that realm, so anyone just holding on to the physical is ignorant n yet carnal 'cos there is a whole lot happening in the spiritual realm. So it is only spiritually reasonable to hold on to the truth/fact of the spiritual rather than the physical.
Re: Separate Truth From Fact by Gombs(m): 6:58am On Jan 03, 2014
Bidam: Don't mind Gosh, he was thinking in terms of tithes and offerings. grin grin

I just hope he meant something else aside monetary thoughts...cos that prov 23v 23 is likened to that story Jesus told, where a manmfound a treasure in a land, then went home, sold all he had just to buy that land... why would the man wanna sell the land afterwards, after he's found a treasure there?

Morning bro Bidam... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Separate Truth From Fact by Gombs(m): 6:59am On Jan 03, 2014
Pastor Olu T: Happy New Year to all the brethren in the house.

God bless u @ op, in fact I was talking to someone in this line yesterday (though from a different angle, the spiritual being more real than the physical), and looking at it from 2Corinthians 4:18.

That 90% of what is happening in the world as we know it today are spiritual n just 10 are physical manifesting in that realm, so anyone just holding on to the physical is ignorant n yet carnal 'cos there is a whole lot happening in the spiritual realm. So it is only spiritually reasonable to hold on to the truth/fact of the spiritual rather than the physical.

Spot on Sir, very true
Re: Separate Truth From Fact by Nobody: 7:11am On Jan 03, 2014
Gombs:

I just hope he meant something else aside monetary thoughts...cos that prov 23v 23 is likened to that story Jesus told, where a manmfound a treasure in a land, then went home, sold all he had just to buy that land... why would the man wanna sell the land afterwards, after he's found a treasure there?
Absolutely bro... That's is why we need to study,study and study to show ourselves approved of God.God has come down in the likeness of men.We are the little christos our generation is waiting for..Gloooray!!!

Morning bro Bidam... cheesy
Top of the morning sire!

(1) (Reply)

Corpus Christi / Danish Cartoons Of Muhammad: We Have A Right To Criticize & Comment On Islam / In Pictures: See The World’s Smallest Bible – Jerusalem Nano Seeks New Record.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.