|Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,992,867 members, 7,290,960 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 February 2023 at 05:55 AM
|Design & Build A 3 Bedroom Flat For Just N3 Million Naira Only!!!: by architectB(m): 7:54am On Jan 02, 2014|
Welcome to Sharp Edge Design Ltd…
Kindly refer to our website (www.sharpedgedesignltd.) to know what we are about.
We are well aware of the accommodation challenges that most people face in Nigeria and we have resolved to provide a practical solution, taking Lagos as our starting point.
As a firm, we have spent the last one year researching on how to achieve low cost housing with modest finish.
On this website, we will be sharing some of our findings with you, but understand that this will be done with caution for obvious reasons.
We will be looking at a wide range of topics from factors that affect low cost housing, to causes of building collapse, to the integrity of the contractor, to different architectural styles, to grandiose architecture, etc.
Today, we will start a series on the factors that affect low cost housing in Nigeria and they are:
Most times, the client spends a lot more money when the design is done without taking the client’s “pocket or budget” into consideration.
We have been practicing for years now (please refer to our company profile on our website) and we have had to work with a lot of designs and I can boldly say that well over 70% of the designs we have had to work with are unnecessarily extravagant and mostly not functional.
We have even had to re-design some of the projects (with the client's approval of course) to enhance the aesthetics and functionality.
Some design mistakes that increase construction costs are:
· Unnecessary use of Corridors/Lobbies: This in most cases is a pointer to the fact that the designer/architect does not have a flair for design and is obviously not savvy in space management; the consequence being extra spending on corridors that are not necessary.
· Complex designs: We have found over time that there is beauty in simplicity and that complexity in most cases breeds extravagance and lack desired aesthetics.
· Unnecessary walls: Sometimes you don’t have to wall up every space; there is such a thing as an open design and it will still be very functional.
· Dysfunctional spaces: If a space for instance is not well lighted or ventilated, it then becomes compulsory for the client to artificially light and ventilate it and this will consequently increase the cost of the project.
· Poor circulation: If a major space for instance is unavoidably used for circulation, then it makes it compulsory to get extra furniture to control movement and this will consequently drive up the project cost.
It is very important for the client to know that in design, one single line can translate to millions of naira during construction.
The architect has the responsibility of carrying out a spatial analysis before a design is done especially when economy is a major consideration.
One of our self given goals is to demystify the prevalent belief that you must have millions and millions of naira before you can build your own house.
Please join us in our next post as we continue with our series on the factors that affect low cost housing in Nigeria…
As we enter into a new year, please think twice before you pay that rent again; think twice before you buy that car, think twice before you throw that society party, etc.
With just N3, 000,000.00 (Three million naira only) we can help you design and build a modest 3 bedroom flat in just 2 months.
We also have proposals for all kinds of residential developments ranging from bungalows, to duplexes, to block of flats, to town houses, to luxury apartments, etc.
You don’t have to stay in your property after completion; you can just let it out and whatever you get from it can be used to service the rent of wherever you choose to stay.
Developing your own property is a step that is never regretted; so I implore you to take that step today by calling us on 0802 835 3440 or 0706 346 4582.
WHY CHOOSE US?
As can be seen in our profile, we guarantee:
· excellent workmanship
· Top quality Project design and construction
· Good balance of economy, functionality and aesthetics
· Timely delivery
Also very important to note is the fact that even if you don’t have all of the funds to finance whatever project you want to, we can do it in phases depending on the client’s financial strength per time.
We assure you that you will not regret choosing us as we will always work towards exceeding your every expectation.
Call us now on: 0802 835 3440 or 0706 346 4582 and let us help you take your first step in REAL ESTATE…
If you have questions on anything that has to do with Land acquisition, project design, construction, investment in real estate, etc, please call the above numbers to fix an appointment; you can also get details about us on our website – www.sharpedgedesignltd.
We will be expecting your call.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2023 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62