Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,495 members, 7,808,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:39 PM

What Is Wrong With Some Nairalanders ? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Is Wrong With Some Nairalanders ? (5231 Views)

Shout Out To Some Nairalanders / I Love Nairaland But I Hate The Unseriousness Of Some Nairalanders / Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With Some Nairalanders ? by zeekz(m): 10:07am On Jan 02, 2014
I seriously think this whole tribal and political argument is becoming annoying. I never knew Nigerians were this tribalistic, anytime I read a comment on politics it is always sentimental. I may be young but it doesn't mean I have no understanding of politics in Nigeria we have the right to vent out our anger but you should not be biased and say a particular tribe is at fault I see no reason why one should blame a whole tribe for the mistake(s) of an individual, let's not make things hard, yes you support APC or PDP but that should not be the reason why any good thing an opposition party does should be downgraded like it is of no value. likewise religion I have noticed that we don't seem to respect ones religion, you see some comments trying to downplay a religion and make it seem useless for reasons only God knows I cannot be sentimental in my judgement based on religion, I am only airing my opinion because it is becoming too annoying. I hope we can vent our anger in a sentiment free manner thank you.

10 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Some Nairalanders ? by alienvirus: 10:10am On Jan 02, 2014
Ok.

I dislike FTC. It is annoying.
Re: What Is Wrong With Some Nairalanders ? by ejifranks(m): 1:41pm On Jan 02, 2014
sometimes it fun u know!!!

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Some Nairalanders ? by zeekz(m): 3:19pm On Jan 02, 2014
alienvirus: Ok.

I dislike FTC. It is annoying.
really annoying.
ejifranks: sometimes it fun u know!!!
for me it is a sign of hate and anger towards ur fellow Nigerian.
Re: What Is Wrong With Some Nairalanders ? by iamdhebuck(m): 8:20pm On Jan 02, 2014
ejifranks: sometimes it fun u know!!!
only fun to niggas without a functioning brain.Tribalist comments are not to different from racist comments.Am sure it would be fun if a white dude comes here and he calls u an ape

7 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Some Nairalanders ? by zeekz(m): 10:02pm On Jan 02, 2014
iamdhebuck:
only fun to niggas without a functioning brain.Tribalist comments are not to different from racist comments.Am sure it would be fun if a white dude comes here and he calls u an ape
lol dat one go start e-war o.
Re: What Is Wrong With Some Nairalanders ? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 02, 2014
Hmmm
Re: What Is Wrong With Some Nairalanders ? by zeekz(m): 10:29pm On Jan 02, 2014
martha: Hmmm
well done
Re: What Is Wrong With Some Nairalanders ? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jan 02, 2014
zeekz: well done
Thank u
Re: What Is Wrong With Some Nairalanders ? by powerblaze(m): 10:58pm On Jan 02, 2014
Its really unfortunate how we treat ourselves in this country.. We cry for better treatment from the outside world, but between ourselves, we're more racist than the white man.. I dunno how people feel calling their own president a rEetard, channel their views along ethnic lines, use demeaning language on other peeps, in the name of opinion.. forgetting that this a website, and can as such be viewed by anyone..
No love for ourselves, no love for our country,.. And yet we want respect from the outside world.. Even the mods that shud know better, equally engage in the tribal hatred n name calling.. Its very shameful..
Seun must quickly address this problem here, cos this site that used to be very informative, is gradually becoming a joke..

Nuf said..

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Some Nairalanders ? by zeekz(m): 11:01pm On Jan 02, 2014
^^^ d only way such would stop is to leave sentiments and face facts, we need a change.
Re: What Is Wrong With Some Nairalanders ? by powerblaze(m): 11:11pm On Jan 02, 2014
zeekz: ^^^ d only way such would stop is to leave sentiments and face facts, we need a change.

Yea, but who will bell the cat?
Its eaten very deep into the Nigerian DNA..
We cant all have the same ideologies or principles.. But we should learn to be constructive in our criticism n analysis.. Not just exhibit hate at spite at anything or anyone we dont sync with.. Whatever we say or do, should be in the best interest of Nigeria..
Truth is, if you truly love your country, there are certain things you simply WILL NOT do..

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Some Nairalanders ? by zeekz(m): 11:21pm On Jan 02, 2014
powerblaze:

Yea, but who will bell the cat?
Its eaten very deep into the Nigerian DNA..
We cant all have the same ideologies or principles.. But we should learn to be constructive in our criticism n analysis.. Not just exhibit hate at spite at anything or anyone we dont sync with.. Whatever we say or do, should be in the best interest of Nigeria..
Truth is, if you truly love your country, there are certain things you simply WILL NOT do..
exactly nw if we actually put effort into achieving something we would get it but Nigerians are not like dat, we like things d hard way a new policy must b implemented wit an iron fist for Nigerians to actually get d point eg banning of some members b4 dey actually realise dat posting advert in a wrong section is not allowed, I'm saying dis because if we don't crack down on dis issue hard it would cause alot more damage Dan wat boko haram are doing.
Re: What Is Wrong With Some Nairalanders ? by koboko69: 11:54pm On Jan 02, 2014
OP u dey bother urself with what u see on e-platform? I laugh in german...

With al the tribal/ religeous bashing...we all have one friend of the other from the same tribe bashed or from the same religion bashed online.

No give urself e-headache ooo!
Re: What Is Wrong With Some Nairalanders ? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:33am On Jan 03, 2014
martha: Hmmm
My sweet potato
Re: What Is Wrong With Some Nairalanders ? by ejifranks(m): 1:02am On Jan 03, 2014
iamdhebuck:
bros take am easy, na new year we ddey so.. Am not a tribalist if u must know, u can go check my posts from the day I joined nairaland till date .just stating the obvious that som peeps just lik being tribal here on nairaland just for fun sake and e wars but out there they are best of friends with other tribes..say no to Tribalism!!!!! Say no to Racism!!!
Re: What Is Wrong With Some Nairalanders ? by ejifranks(m): 1:13am On Jan 03, 2014
zeekz: lol dat one go start e-war o.
bros , I never finish my studio work na to come fight e war?? Lai lai
Re: What Is Wrong With Some Nairalanders ? by Nobody: 3:10am On Jan 03, 2014
Nairaland is a reflection of the entity called Nigeria,where tribalism,sentiment,ethnicity are the order of the day. We all crave,shout for one Nigeria,but within ourselves,we all know we are only fooling each other.

The tribalism has eaten deep into the fabrics of our nationhood,at governance,tribalism is promoted at the expense of merit,who cares.

Till we put that aside,we will just be going round as a nation with no meaningful progress.
Re: What Is Wrong With Some Nairalanders ? by zeekz(m): 6:24am On Jan 03, 2014
koboko69: OP u dey bother urself with what u see on e-platform? I laugh in german...

With al the tribal/ religeous bashing...we all have one friend of the other from the same tribe bashed or from the same religion bashed online.

No give urself e-headache ooo!
I no fit get e-headache no b me born dem but if we let it continue, e go cause big wahala.
Re: What Is Wrong With Some Nairalanders ? by zeekz(m): 6:26am On Jan 03, 2014
Okiki_Oluwa: My sweet potato
we dey discuss mata wey dey for Mathias u dey scope babe abi is alright.
Re: What Is Wrong With Some Nairalanders ? by zeekz(m): 6:28am On Jan 03, 2014
ejifranks: bros , I never finish my studio work na to come fight e war?? Lai lai
grin continue ur work my guy.
Re: What Is Wrong With Some Nairalanders ? by zeekz(m): 6:33am On Jan 03, 2014
Yomieluv: Nairaland is a reflection of the entity called Nigeria,where tribalism,sentiment,ethnicity are the order of the day. We all crave,shout for one Nigeria,but within ourselves,we all know we are only fooling each other.

The tribalism has eaten deep into the fabrics of our nationhood,at governance,tribalism is promoted at the expense of merit,who cares.

Till we put that aside,we will just be going round as a nation with no meaningful progress.
very true what we need now is a change with an iron fist to implement it, if seun starts to ban those guys maybe just maybe they would reduce it because I know Nigerians dey won't stop.
Re: What Is Wrong With Some Nairalanders ? by nickz(m): 7:01am On Jan 03, 2014
iamdhebuck:
absolutely no difference,SPOT ON
Re: What Is Wrong With Some Nairalanders ? by dridowu: 8:11am On Jan 03, 2014
zeekz: lol dat one go start e-war o.
my bro simple truth is that we all can't think the same way , my advice for u is if possible dont visit politics section on NL cos if u do and u read some pple comment about ur tribe esp negative comment you will be 99.9% force to abuse the other tribe.
Re: What Is Wrong With Some Nairalanders ? by ignis: 8:25am On Jan 03, 2014
dridowu: my bro simple truth is that we all can't think the same way , my advice for u is if possible dont visit politics section on NL cos if u do and u read some pple comment about ur tribe esp negative comment you will be 99.9% force to abuse the other tribe.
So, you saying I should not visit politics section just because of mentally derailed tribalistic fucktards?
Re: What Is Wrong With Some Nairalanders ? by Seun(m): 8:41am On Jan 03, 2014
zeekz: very true what we need now is a change with an iron fist to implement it, if seun starts to ban those guys maybe just maybe they would reduce it because I know Nigerians dey won't stop.
We do ban them...
Re: What Is Wrong With Some Nairalanders ? by Caracta(f): 9:04am On Jan 03, 2014
Yomieluv: Nairaland is a reflection of the entity called Nigeria,where tribalism,sentiment,ethnicity are the order of the day. We all crave,shout for one Nigeria,but within ourselves,we all know we are only fooling each other.

You are very right. I used to think Nigerians love one another. I used to pride myself in the love and unity until NL opened my eyes. In fact, I used to preach inter-tribal marriage and even tell anyone that I could marry from any ethnic group. Funny.

Nigeria will keep going round in circles until that unity and love reigns. I call ethnic bigots educated Illiterates and so I don't bother myself with them anymore. You can't give what you don't have. It's that simple.
Re: What Is Wrong With Some Nairalanders ? by zeekz(m): 9:14am On Jan 03, 2014
Seun: We do ban them...
oga seun, thank u but I don't think d ban comes as quickly as it should for instance a thread made front page and dey turned d whole tin to a tribal argument saying a tribe is responsible for d problems a state is facing, I know it is not easy to track all sentimental comments but der ar some well known monikers dat support tribalism and dey don't get banned.
Re: What Is Wrong With Some Nairalanders ? by jmoore(m): 9:19am On Jan 03, 2014
Those who make tribalistic comments appear unintelligent to me. The height of their madness is when they create usernames that are tribalistic or put up tribalistic signatures.

Their hearts are at risk. With such hatred I wonder how they feel when they see a neighbour who is not from tribe excelling.
Re: What Is Wrong With Some Nairalanders ? by zeekz(m): 9:21am On Jan 03, 2014
Caracta:

You are very right. I used to think Nigerians love one another. I used to pride myself in the love and unity until NL opened my eyes. In fact, I used to preach inter-tribal marriage and even tell anyone that I could marry from any ethnic group. Funny.

Nigeria will keep going round in circles until that unity and love reigns. I call ethnic bigots educated Illiterates and so I don't bother myself with them anymore. You can't give what you don't have. It's that simple.
u are absolutely correct, I used to think Nigerians dont see tribe as a barrier until I started reading topics in d political section dats y I created dis topic.
Re: What Is Wrong With Some Nairalanders ? by EzePromoe: 9:24am On Jan 03, 2014
Caracta:

Don't judge Nigerians from what you see on Nairaland. Nairaland is just a site with approximately 1 million users (guests inclusive), out of 50 million Nigerians that have access to the internet, talk less of the entire 160M+ populace.
If Nigeria was as tribalistic as Nairaland, we won't have a country called Nigeria today.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Re: What Is Wrong With Some Nairalanders ? by zeekz(m): 9:27am On Jan 03, 2014
jmoore: Those who make tribalistic comments appear unintelligent to me. The height of their madness is when they create usernames that are tribalistic or put up tribalistic signatures.

Their hearts are at risk. With such hatred I wonder how they feel when they see a neighbour who is not from tribe excelling.
I am happy that not everybody on Nairaland is in support of tribalism.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kuda Bank Overdraft (all You Need To Know) / Rokiatu,the Sexiest Nairalander / Afeni Is A God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.