Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information (122594 Views)

Nigerians Protesting Right Now In Malaysia / Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by barleeh: 11:02am On Aug 09, 2017
omoluabi001:

My dad is sponsoring me.....is it his own statement of account or my own....thanks
secondly, i saw on Malaysia embassy website that d ndlea certificate is for first time travellers.
if its you dad, then you have to submit your dad's statement of account, you can also submit yours to support your application if you have good money in your account. If you are going to a college or for diploma, you still need the NDLEA irrespective of where or the numbers of times your have travelled b4, but if you are going to a university you dont need it
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by omoluabi001(m): 4:22pm On Aug 09, 2017
barleeh:
if its you dad, then you have to submit your dad's statement of account, you can also submit yours to support your application if you have good money in your account. If you are going to a college or for diploma, you still need the NDLEA irrespective of where or the numbers of times your have travelled b4, but if you are going to a university you dont need it

thanks boss......am actually going for masters
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by barondmoni: 6:00pm On Aug 09, 2017
Hello sir...my brother want to travel to malaysia to study his visa is out but dey said he must do NDLEA b4 traveling to abuja to claim the visa.....one of the requirements are letter of.......Applications addressed to the chairman/cheif executive,NDLEA titled APPLICATION FOR CLEARANCE.....can someone help me with tips on how to write the letter....tnx
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by barleeh: 5:47am On Aug 10, 2017
barondmoni:
Hello sir...my brother want to travel to malaysia to study his visa is out but dey said he must do NDLEA b4 traveling to abuja to claim the visa.....one of the requirements are letter of.......Applications addressed to the chairman/cheif executive,NDLEA titled APPLICATION FOR CLEARANCE.....can someone help me with tips on how to write the letter....tnx
if he already has a visa, which visa is he suppose to claim again, if he already got the visa, no one would ask him for any NDLEA certificate at the airport, he is ready to travel
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by omoluabi001(m): 7:39am On Aug 10, 2017
barleeh:
if he already has a visa, which visa is he suppose to claim again, if he already got the visa, no one would ask him for any NDLEA certificate at the airport, he is ready to travel

maybe he is referring to VISA APPROVAL LETTER from Malaysia immigration dept...
am actually at that stage now sef but its not yet out. one will need that to take to Abuja embassy.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by barleeh: 9:11am On Aug 10, 2017
omoluabi001:

maybe he is referring to VISA APPROVAL LETTER from Malaysia immigration dept...
am actually at that stage now sef but its not yet out. one will need that to take to Abuja embassy.
most likely
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by gentlemate00: 4:56pm On Aug 11, 2017
Good day Madam Rita2210

The response you gave is "general perception" while other posted mention "Reality or Malaysia Perception". That is the way it is no two way about it..If you are coming to Malaysia and you will be getting your allawi ( allowance) from Nigeria then Malaysia QR is very good. if you are thinking of working and study please ignore this page. find other countries you can just that. my two cent.

Before you say more i lived 10 year in Malaysia.

rita2210:

If you don't know what you're saying, don't talk, stop misleading people. It's the same thing that happens in every country, let's say a malaysian comes to nigeria to study at unilag and a nigerian went to America to study, if the two apply for a job in nigeria who do you think they'll choose, it's the same thing as us going to their country to study and someone from their country that went to America to study, they'll obviously choose their people. You also talked about the rankings of university, I've done my research and according to times higher education world university rankings, more than 5 malaysian universities are there and only one nigerian university in the whole world (university of ibadan) you're complaining that malaysian universities are not part of top 200, do you know how many universities are in America or UK, even in the whole of Europe and you expect malaysia to be part of top 200, there are even some countries that are not even part of top universities , are you not nigerian, only one university from our country and its at eight hundred and something, so why are you complaining about another country and in malaysia you're only allowed to work during the holidays, that is why you must have enough funds before you get there because they won't allow you work during the semester. And you're allowed to work as a cleaner or waiter but not as a cashier. I don't know but maybe you were just unlucky because I know people who are living comfortably in malaysia they still face racism once in a while but it's already normal to them it's not something you can change, racism is everywhere you cant just wake up one morning and racism will be gone. And the downside is that you can't really hold high posts in your work place in malaysia. If you go to an accredited school in malaysia and come out with a very very very good result, believe it or not you'll be successful, the only thing you'll be having problems with is racism, that's all, some of the Malaysians will even envy you because someone that's not from their country is doing what they can't do, they'll respect you because even with all the racism you faced you still came out successful. So please stop discouraging people, because you had a bad experience doesn't mean everyone will follow suit. I'm sure because of what you said most people have given up. Malaysia is a very good place to study, but if you feel it's not the right place for you, you can always change location, you can even bring your degree back to nigeria and many people will want you to work with them because you studied somewhere other than nigeria

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by allhavesinned: 7:54am On Aug 12, 2017
omoluabi001:

thanks boss......am actually going for masters

Try UniKL ( Universiti Kuala Lumpur)
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Kranjar(m): 10:17pm On Aug 17, 2017
Please is there anyone currently studying at USM?
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by zaimeg: 12:39am On Aug 18, 2017
Kranjar:
Please is there anyone currently studying at USM?
Ask your questions about usm here.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Kranjar(m): 9:47am On Aug 18, 2017
I just got admission to study a Master's degree course and start date is September 2018. Pls I need to confirm if the tuition fee for economics management is actually $3300 as I was informed. What is the cost of living in Penang (like renting a 2 bedroom apartment)? How much does it cost to process the VAL? Finally, how friendly is the environment? Thanks.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by zaimeg: 1:14pm On Aug 18, 2017
Kranjar:
I just got admission to study a Master's degree course and start date is September 2018. Pls I need to confirm if the tuition fee for economics management is actually $3300 as I was informed. What is the cost of living in Penang (like renting a 2 bedroom apartment)? How much does it cost to process the VAL? Finally, how friendly is the environment? Thanks.
Yes, the tuition fee is $3300. Though you will pay the equivalent in ringgit. You don't need to have all the money with you. Just have enough for the first semester tuition, personal bond, accommodation and medicals. The fees for the first semester depends on the credit load which you will offer. Is it coursework or research?
Cost of living in penang is quite high because it is a tourist attraction and highly industrialized. The cheapest condo is 1000 ringgit a month. People usually combine to rent one. 1 ringgit is between 90 and 100 naira in the black market.
To process the VAL is about 1700 ringgit. You should start early by uploading your documents.
Finally, the environment is friendly. Though crowded because it is a small island, you can enjoy your time here while achieving your educational pursuit.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Kranjar(m): 8:08pm On Aug 19, 2017
zaimeg:

Yes, the tuition fee is $3300. Though you will pay the equivalent in ringgit. You don't need to have all the money with you. Just have enough for the first semester tuition, personal bond, accommodation and medicals. The fees for the first semester depends on the credit load which you will offer. Is it coursework or research?
Cost of living in penang is quite high because it is a tourist attraction and highly industrialized. The cheapest condo is 1000 ringgit a month. People usually combine to rent one. 1 ringgit is between 90 and 100 naira in the black market.
To process the VAL is about 1700 ringgit. You should start early by uploading your documents.
Finally, the environment is friendly. Though crowded because it is a small island, you can enjoy your time here while achieving your educational pursuit.

Thanks. I sent the school a mail to direct me on how to go about processing the VAL because I have no idea of what to do. I need more explanation please. It is coursework, 4 courses each semester.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by barleeh: 5:11am On Aug 20, 2017
coolskimmer:
Pls am aving a problem concernin emgs rejecting d pics pasport use in processing my VAL application, due to dis, I can't meet up with august 28 Given to me by d sch to resume, I av 2 defer d admission to Feb 2018, wats can I do
If you are applying to for masters and to a public university like UM, UPM, UKM, USM etc, you dont need to defer your admission, you will be registered and be given a year visa irrespective of when you coming in but make sure you dont come in when the school is on holiday, about the photo there is always a specification for it both on emgs website and the school website, check the emgs website, they always state the particular reason for rejection at the bottom of the page, go and take a new passport and address the issue stated and upload it, i know they have changed the background colour from blue to white.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by barleeh: 5:15am On Aug 20, 2017
Kranjar:

Thanks. I sent the school a mail to direct me on how to go about processing the VAL because I have no idea of what to do. I need more explanation please. It is coursework, 4 courses each semester.
Check your school international office web page, the VAL procedures is always listed there, you just have to submit the necessary documents and pay the required fee thats all, you might decide to take less than 4 courses in a sem, they leave the planning to the masters student, it all depends on how long you want to take to finish your masters, the minimum is 2courses per semester which is 6unit, with that you fee cannot be more than RM5000, the more the courses you register for the more money you are required to pay
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by barleeh: 5:23am On Aug 20, 2017
zaimeg:

wow �, never knew USM fee was that low, that's a very good deal if that would indeed cover the whole fee for masters
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by zaimeg: 6:14am On Aug 20, 2017
Kranjar:

Download the instructions from http://www.ips.usm.my/index.php/download/category/8-student-visa

The VAL process is strictly online. It is quite straight forward. You visit the EMGS website and register. After which you pay the fee of about 1620 ringgit. See the file I attached. Please read all instructions and ensure you comply as directed especially as regards the passport photo and information page of your international passport otherwise your application will be stalled.
As regards the school fees, since it is 4 courses a semester, i think at 4 credit units, that will be 330 ringgit x 4 x 4. Maximum 6k ringgit for the first semester depending on the credit load you want to register. Just process the VAL first. Cheers.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by zaimeg: 6:19am On Aug 20, 2017
barleeh:
wow �, never knew USM fee was that low, that's a very good deal if that would indeed cover the whole fee for masters

Yea. USM masters fee is cheap unlike UTM.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Tabbaz(m): 6:42am On Aug 20, 2017
zaimeg:

@ bolded..cost of living in penang is child play compare to kuala lumpur here I reside. A big room in a condo in KL is 800 to 900RM depending on the location. If I can get a whole flat in a condo @1k here, it would be a bonanza.

Also, I met a guy recently that told me the cost of accomodation in a hostel is RM100 (room of one) per month in penang USM. Is this true? It's RM450 (room of two) in University malaya in KL
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by zaimeg: 7:29am On Aug 20, 2017
Tabbaz:

@ bolded..cost of living in penang is child play compare to kuala lumpur here I reside. A big room in a condo in KL is 800 to 900RM depending on the location. If I can get a whole flat in a condo @1k here, it would be a bonanza.

Also, I met a guy recently that told me the cost of accomodation in a hostel is RM100 (room of one) per month in penang USM. Is this true? It's RM450 (room of two) in University malaya in KL
Wow! That means accommodation in penang is cheap sef. The highest for a full condo apartment is RM1500. Hostel accommodation in USM is RM300 for single room with your own bathroom. If you want room of two, you pay RM150.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Tabbaz(m): 9:46am On Aug 20, 2017
zaimeg:

Wow! That means accommodation in penang is cheap sef. The highest for a full condo apartment is RM1500. Hostel accommodation in USM is RM300 for single room with your own bathroom. If you want room of two, you pay RM150.

hmmm..we in KL/UM are paying triple mehn. RM 450 for hostel room of two with no bathroom attached.

It's well
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Kranjar(m): 11:14am On Aug 20, 2017
zaimeg:

Download the instructions from http://www.ips.usm.my/index.php/download/category/8-student-visa

The VAL process is strictly online. It is quite straight forward. You visit the EMGS website and register. After which you pay the fee of about 1620 ringgit. See the file I attached. Please read all instructions and ensure you comply as directed especially as regards the passport photo and information page of your international passport otherwise your application will be stalled.
As regards the school fees, since it is 4 courses a semester, i think at 4 credit units, that will be 330 ringgit x 4 x 4. Maximum 6k ringgit for the first semester depending on the credit load you want to register. Just process the VAL first. Cheers.

Thanks bro.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Nusrat4O: 5:07pm On Aug 21, 2017
whatz the requirement for dependant presently? secondly is the NDLEA cert compulsary for dependant too?
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Kranjar(m): 7:48am On Aug 26, 2017
@zaimeg
Pls how did you get your offer letter from USM and how long did it take? About 2 weeks ago I got a mail from the school stating that I should check the status of my admission application and if it is successful I should print the offer letter. I logged into my account and saw that my application is successful but still can't find the offer letter anywhere. I have sent the school staff several mails but no response. Just want to know if this experience is the norm. Thanks.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by zaimeg: 8:58am On Aug 26, 2017
Kranjar:
@zaimeg
Pls how did you get your offer letter from USM and how long did it take? About 2 weeks ago I got a mail from the school stating that I should check the status of my admission application and if it is successful I should print the offer letter. I logged into my account and saw that my application is successful but still can't find the offer letter anywhere. I have sent the school staff several mails but no response. Just want to know if this experience is the norm. Thanks.

It took about 2 weeks to get the original copy. You have to request for it. Send a mail to the person who asked you to check your application status. Give your postal address in the mail. It is better to use a house or office address because DHL does the delivery. You can also download the soft copy from http://webapps.usm.my/ips/kemasukan/app_status.asp
Enter your passport number and click the details box as in the screen shots attached. Click on details which I circled with a green box in the first picture. Download everything I enclosed with green in the second picture.

Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Kranjar(m): 9:17pm On Aug 27, 2017
Thanks a lot, I have seen it. You have been of immense help.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by barondmoni: 6:12pm On Sep 03, 2017
Hello am planning to travel to Malaysia next year with tourist visa.....and leta go for permanent stay wat are the requirements? Do I still need NDLEA certificate?
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by busky101(m): 5:59pm On Sep 04, 2017
barondmoni:
Hello am planning to travel to Malaysia next year with tourist visa.....and leta go for permanent stay wat are the requirements? Do I still need NDLEA certificate?
ur oyo
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by siverspooon(m): 9:56am On Sep 07, 2017
azjaponnaisnoir:
@naijaspeak ; if i am to advice abt starting a business out of nigeria; then you should try any african country where there's booming in development such as Equatorial Guinea;Mozambique;Angola ;may be also namibia; botswana; you will make it and the visa process won't be a problem.

How much is equatorial Guinea or Namibia?pls
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by barleeh: 8:10pm On Sep 07, 2017
barondmoni:
Lol�����, God is your strength, we never can tell, you could make history with you plans, but before you think you can move mountains kindly read the last 10 pages of this thread

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (29) (Reply)

Nigerian Man In Canada Shows His COVID19 Lockdown Palliative / Swedish Admissions And Student Visa / 10 Most Naturally Beautiful States In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.