Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

Movies That Can Inspire Your Christian Life.. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Movies That Can Inspire Your Christian Life.. (931 Views)

6 Reasons Sunday School Is Important In Your Christian Life / Kumuyi - Why The Church Is Called Deeper Christian Life Ministry - / Deeper Christian Life Ministry Then, And Deeper Life Bible Church Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Movies That Can Inspire Your Christian Life.. by Deewonder(f): 7:27pm On Jan 02, 2014
Pls can u kindly drop names of foreign christian movies you have watch and what the movie addresses,
Re: Movies That Can Inspire Your Christian Life.. by LifeQuest(m): 7:33pm On Jan 02, 2014
Deewonder: Pls can u kindly drop names of foreign christian movies you have watch and what the movie addresses,

1. Courageous
2. Fireproof
3. The wait of the world
Re: Movies That Can Inspire Your Christian Life.. by Nomski0(f): 7:36pm On Jan 02, 2014
Fireproof.
That movie gets me everytime.
Re: Movies That Can Inspire Your Christian Life.. by Deewonder(f): 7:38pm On Jan 02, 2014
Let me drop dis for those dat have not come watched it..
*Fireproof- This is a movie that wil mostly inspire christians that are married and goin through sum challenges dat is threatening their union. There are also good quotes u cud learn from..
*Courageous - it teaches good parenting especially for the Father's, Godly men and good integrity at their place of work,
Re: Movies That Can Inspire Your Christian Life.. by Deewonder(f): 7:42pm On Jan 02, 2014
@ life quest and Nomskio, u 2 beats me in dropin fireproof before i did...
I tot we cud analyse d movie, what we learnt and the d impact on our christian life, there might be sumtin u saw and odas didnt...
Re: Movies That Can Inspire Your Christian Life.. by Slasha1(f): 7:45pm On Jan 02, 2014
The encounter
Facing the giants
And I so much love Courageous.

1 Like

Re: Movies That Can Inspire Your Christian Life.. by Deewonder(f): 7:47pm On Jan 02, 2014
LifeQuest:

1. Courageous
2. Fireproof
3. The wait of the world

Do u mind tellin me what "The wait of the world" teaches...
Thanks..
Re: Movies That Can Inspire Your Christian Life.. by kambo(m): 8:20pm On Jan 02, 2014
The encounter:

. A set of people take shelter in a road side restaurant durng a heavy down pour.
The waiter is Jesus.
Dialogues ensue back and forth btw the waiter and the shelterers.
He tells each of them things about themselves , that theyve kept secret, their struggles and the role he's played in their lives.
Two of the occupants are couples whose marraige was going thru a hard time verging on divorce.
One was a christian in love with a man she taught loved back too.
Jesus told her her hopes were on the wrong person. One was a very successful business man.
He didnt buy any of the waiter's stories.
When d rain subsided he got into his car and drove of to where they had been a road block, a sherrif called john DeVille, told him he would lead him thru a way around d road block.
The business man followed relieved. They drove off in d darkness.the sherrif laughing evilly. Making a bunched up v sign with his hands.lightening flashing in d background..

I am gabriel:
angel boy visits a cursed town.
He doesnt preach but inspires hope among the inhabitants.

Dinner with a perfect stranger:
woman , finds a note invitg her to dinner at her office desk in d morning.
She asks her secretary who left it there but secretary said nobody came in to her office.
Curious ,she honours the invitation . Has dinner with a long haired man.
Later on her daughter goes off to pursue admission issues at a school of music. Boards a plane and sits besides two men.
She's glad to b away from her religious fanatic parents. Gets into a conversation with the stranger on her right who is a manager in his Father's company. They talk about God religion and similar issues. Wen plain touches down as they greet in parting d stranger shows her the nail holes in his wrist tells her it will b alright and to expect a call on her phone.
She receives a call shortly on entering the school premises informing her tht she got admitted.

Suing the devil:
a man is convinced tht d devil is responsible for most of the calamities in his life and the wrld and decides to overtly sue him in court.
To his suprise the devil shows up to defend himself.

Facing the giants:
morale is about staying with God when all around is falling aprt.
On the job,in the marraige etc

The grace card:
a black cop and local church pastor has to work with a new partner , a white cop. They dont get along too well until an incident occurs tht makes them put aside their differences and practice christian lov . Dropping the race and hate card for the grace card.

secrets of jonathan sperry:
not watched it.

What if:
it's famed but i've not watched it.

2 Likes

Re: Movies That Can Inspire Your Christian Life.. by Mobi47(m): 8:39pm On Jan 02, 2014
Just watch FAITH LIKE A POTATO
Re: Movies That Can Inspire Your Christian Life.. by Deewonder(f): 9:49pm On Jan 02, 2014
kambo: The encounter:

. A set of people take shelter in a road side restaurant durng a heavy down pour.
The waiter is Jesus.
He tells each of them things about themselves , that theyve kept secret, their struggles and the role he's played in their lives.
Two of the occupants are couples whose marraige was going thru a hard time verging on divorce.
Jesus told her her hopes were on the wrong person. One was a very successful business man.
He didnt buy any of the waiter's stories.
When d rain subsided he got into his car and drove of to where they had been a road block, a sherrif called john DeVille, told him he would lead him thru a way around d road block.
The business man followed relieved. They drove off in d darkness.the sherrif laughing evilly. Making a bunched up v sign with his hands.lightening flashing in d background..

I am gabriel:

Dinner with a perfect stranger:
woman , finds a note invitg her to dinner at her office desk in d morning.
She asks her secretary who left it there but secretary said nobody came in to her office.
Curious ,she honours the invitation . Has dinner with a long haired man.
Later on her daughter goes off to pursue admission issues at a school of music. Boards a plane and sits besides two men.
She's glad to b away from her religious fanatic parents. Gets into a conversation with the stranger on her right who is a manager in his Father's company. They talk about God religion and similar issues. Wen plain touches down as they greet in parting d stranger shows her the nail holes in his wrist tells her it will b alright and to expect a call on her phone.
She receives a call shortly on entering the school premises informing her tht she got admitted.

Suing the devil:
a man is convinced tht d devil is responsible for most of the calamities in his life and the wrld and decides to overtly sue him in court.

Facing the giants:
morale is about staying with God when all around is falling aprt.
On the job,in the marraige etc

The grace card:
a black cop and local church pastor has to work with a new partner , a white cop. They dont get along too well until an incident occurs tht makes them put aside their differences and practice christian lov . Dropping the race and hate card for the grace card.

secrets of jonathan sperry:
not watched it.

What if:
it's famed but i've not watched it.

God bless you, luv dis line" dropin d race card for grace card". I wil get dose movie...
Re: Movies That Can Inspire Your Christian Life.. by Deewonder(f): 9:57pm On Jan 02, 2014
Mobi47: Just watch FAITH LIKE A POTATO

I will sir, thk u
Re: Movies That Can Inspire Your Christian Life.. by BabaGnoni: 9:59pm On Jan 02, 2014
kambo:

The encounter:

The Encounter 2010 Film
A set of people take shelter in a road side restaurant durng a heavy down pour.
The waiter is Jesus.
He tells each of them things about themselves , that they've kept secret, their struggles and the role he's played in their lives.
Two of the occupants are couples whose marriage was going thru a hard time verging on divorce.
He didn't buy any of the waiter's stories.
When d rain subsided he got into his car and drove of to where they had been a road block, a sheriff called John DeVille, told him he would lead him thru a way around d road block.
The business man followed relieved. They drove off in d darkness. The sheriff laughing evilly.
Making a bunched up v sign with his hands.
Lightening flashing in d background..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgI0f1xeffo

kambo:

I am gabriel:

[img]http://god-tv.ru/poster/I_Am_Gabriel_2012.jpg[/img]
I Am Gabriel 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TVocRs3x6o

kambo:

Suing the devil:

Suing the Devil 2011 Film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsThtxTRsOg
Re: Movies That Can Inspire Your Christian Life.. by LifeQuest(m): 10:35pm On Jan 02, 2014
Re: Movies That Can Inspire Your Christian Life.. by LifeQuest(m): 11:28pm On Jan 02, 2014
Deewonder:

Do u mind tellin me what "The wait of the world" teaches...
Thanks..

Its an old movie... I watched it 1996...it was on VHS but then...here is the synopsis

The Wait of the World T.J., Brian and Karen, writers for AMERICAN CHRISTIAN OBSERVER magazine, have been assigned to write in three different parts of the world: West Africa, South America, and Philadelphia.

They will use the latest computer technology for communication and research. They will go merely to observe. But they will see their roles as observers come quickly to an end as they become personally involved in the lives of people.

The Wait of the World is a powerful and unforgettable motion picture that will give viewers a new perspective on the world and the part all Christians should play in fulfilling the Great Commission.
Re: Movies That Can Inspire Your Christian Life.. by Deewonder(f): 1:07pm On Jan 03, 2014
LifeQuest:

Its an old movie... I watched it 1996...it was on VHS but then...here is the synopsis

The Wait of the World T.J., Brian and Karen, writers for AMERICAN CHRISTIAN OBSERVER magazine, have been assigned to write in three different parts of the world: West Africa, South America, and Philadelphia.

They will use the latest computer technology for communication and research. They will go merely to observe. But they will see their roles as observers come quickly to an end as they become personally involved in the lives of people.

The Wait of the World is a powerful and unforgettable motion picture that will give viewers a new perspective on the world and the part all Christians should play in fulfilling the Great Commission.

Thank u sir..
Re: Movies That Can Inspire Your Christian Life.. by Deewonder(f): 1:26pm On Jan 03, 2014
Pls lets make out time to watch "OFFLINE"
A young Man(married) who got promoted @ his place of work, out of excitment and after celebratin with some of his collegue, logged in a chatroom and found his Ex girlfriend from high school in same chatrroom, and then Sin cropped in..
Moral of this Movie: Flee from every appearance of evil.

(1) (Reply)

Prophecies 2014/15 Its Gonna Go Down, In God I Trust / Pearls Of Peace – An Extract From Surah Al-fatiha / What Is Prayer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.