Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,835 members, 7,806,348 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:08 PM

Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo (52323 Views)

Militants Ready To Defend Jonathan – Asari-dokubo / Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative / Atiku Replies Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by ibietela2(m): 1:29pm On Jan 03, 2014
Jimmy Boy: I am not an OBJ fan, but I found this letter unreadable and the author also seems to be deranged, hencc I had to stop reading at the end of the 3rd paragraph.

Story
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by dexpee4life(m): 1:32pm On Jan 03, 2014
4reigningqueen: cant i just read an article and be proud to be a Nigerian for once? Agbari Dokubo, abeg shut up. You are not a worthy role model.

you are a worthy role model yet know one recognises you in your family. Shatapppppp

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by Bensonite: 1:32pm On Jan 03, 2014
omusiliyu: I cant believe that ordinary university drop out can be vibrant like this talkless of owned private university
Yes indeed Asari was a university drop out but really sound upstair. I first met him one-on -one in 2001 and since then I know for sure He knows his onions and uncommon boldness/fearless person. Most of what He narrated here are the simple truth. Some NL claim that Yar Adua/GEJ are empowering militants via amnesty but they forgot that OBJ was the first to fly Asari and Ateke on presidential jet to Aso rock after the Sunday August 29, 2004 fierce fighting in Port Harcourt and it environs for peace meeting.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by ibietela2(m): 1:33pm On Jan 03, 2014
captainolayinka:

Taaah who tell u say na him write the letter by himself?

Na you write am
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by venorite(m): 1:34pm On Jan 03, 2014
Hmmmm
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by dking123: 1:34pm On Jan 03, 2014
P.Stacks:
This just arant nonsense and a means to seek cheap publicity.. as much as i am not for or against OBJs letter, it held me spell bound from begining to end even if it were 18 pages i read every single letter on every single page and looking forward to more, even if it were a hundred pages, i would have read it to the end, but this dokubo's letter is filled with jagons, not intresting to read, just blabing bullshit and jargon.. if you recal,.. i came to aso rock, i am the this of that.. what the Bleep? who gives a danm.. this letter is to shallow and lack s substance and has shown how and why an ijaw man should never rule this country.. forgive me, but asari sounds so unintelligent and just further shooting himself on the leg.. this is arant nonsense.. ranting cock and bull.. at a point i had to stop reading cos reading wasnt making ay sense to me no more, a letter of this magnitude should catch attention from begining to end like obasanjo's own did..

ok, compare and contrast a letter written by a yoruba man and an ijaw mans letter and tell me who should rule this country..

obasanjo ha issues with gbenga daniels but nevr resulted to policemen floking the streets of abeokuta like police men had to flock the streets of rivers state because gej has issues with rotimi amechi.. charity they say begins at home.. if rivers state is not at peace and that is the region where the president hails from, how then can the president manage nigeria as a whole if he can manage issues in rivers state..
asari dokubo is just adding salt to GEJ's injury.. these people are so daft mehn!..

i rest my case sha
if u can't read that letter then u r a stack illiterate.at least Rivers still get LG allocation and no assasinations.

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by OdionOdion: 1:34pm On Jan 03, 2014
OKKO: The more I read all this public letters the more I get exposed on what the entity Nigeria means.
My opinion: we can do better with pure federalism.
For OBJ, surely 2015 will be the end of your political relevance in Nigeria: APC will reject you, PDP will also reject you.
You will not survive this imminent change in the polity
##my prophesy##
Point of correction:Late Gen Abacha increased the derivation of ND states to 13%, and Late President Yar Dua established the ND ministry,Never OBJ government

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by guvna(m): 1:35pm On Jan 03, 2014
AZARI DOKUBO or whatever the name is, is a BORN FOOL, waste of human breath, IDIOT! ANIMAL, who does he think he is??

Threatening the unit of a country, may your own hands and mouth bring your downfall and so be it unto you!!

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by CharLee22: 1:36pm On Jan 03, 2014
SLIDE waxie: LoL
Letter or autobiography?
grin grin grin grin

As in...dis is just some personal tales

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by darne(m): 1:36pm On Jan 03, 2014
Nigeria !!!
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by ibietela2(m): 1:39pm On Jan 03, 2014
kingthreat: Who wants to read this long gibberish?

Serious and educated people

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by IYANGBALI: 1:39pm On Jan 03, 2014
The book of revelation in the bible no long like this. Na end time thing. Next letter pls

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by penielnig(m): 1:39pm On Jan 03, 2014
adavize: Wow. What a letter. I took pains to read to the end. those saying they can't read it cos its too long. Sorry for you. If you not interested in the policy and politics of your country then don't be surprised if events sweep pass you.
Yet again another letter that reveals how much OBJ who was given so much by God and Nigeria wasted his opportunities on the altar of greed , myopic interest and double speak.
Asari gave dates and names that to me tells of the credibility in the letter. He is saying if you don't believe what I have written here are names and here are dates
The truth of the matter remains OBJ is the last person to advice anybody on elections. He fought for third term. Last person to advice on power. He wasted 8 years and Nigeria still did not have steady power supply.
Last person to talk against corruption. Evidence are everywhere of his corrupt practices. Bells uni, public library etc. Last person to talk about snipers. Bola ige and others.
We need a national conference where all our issues regarding statehood is redefined. Nigeria as a structure is fundamentally flawed. Until we fix the flaws by sitting down and talking on how we want to live all this problems will continue.
....this has nothing to do with Nigeria politics Abeg.it all involved someone personal experience with the government at one time and lots of personAL autobiography....pls if you really need to understand more politics and governance in Nigeria since 1999,get El Rufai book "ACCIDENTAL PUBLIC SERVANT" and by extension,Segun Adeniyi book..."POWER,POLITICS & DEATH..
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by ibietela2(m): 1:41pm On Jan 03, 2014
guvna: AZARI DOKUBO or whatever the name is, is a BORN FOOL, waste of human breath, IDIOT! ANIMAL, who does he think he is??

Threatening the unit of a country, may your own hands and mouth bring your downfall and so be it unto you!!

STFU
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by jmaine: 1:45pm On Jan 03, 2014
slap1: If you finish reading this letter, come and take a bottle of Coke and gala. E no easy!

Abeg upgrade the offer to palm wine. . . . The yeast will help my hurting eyes. . . .. grin
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by nerodenero: 1:47pm On Jan 03, 2014
Greed,selfishness and corruption are our greatest problem while our leaders use ethnic and religious bigotry as tools to disunite us.All I see in all the letters written by all these leaders is conflict of interests.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by ketoprofen(m): 1:51pm On Jan 03, 2014
geeez: Is this a response to OBJ's letter or an attempt to settle a score?

But how can Asari say OBJ impoverished the ND?

He increased derivation to 13% and has remained so ever since

He created the NDDC and Ministry of the Niger Delta and no other institution or parastatal has been formed with respect to the ND after that

I'm sure we've not heard the last of this

in ur ignorance, u forgot that nddc became effective only gej tenure.
Show me the projects done by nddc in obj's time , if there was nddc then.
U see, u don't even know anything afterall, u are empty upstairs.
The only thing u know is pasting GDP figures and not defending then.
onye ori
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by wogorparadise: 1:54pm On Jan 03, 2014
OKKO: The more I read all this public letters the more I get exposed on what the entity Nigeria means.
My opinion: we can do better with pure federalism.
For OBJ, surely 2015 will be the end of your political relevance in Nigeria: APC will reject you, PDP will also reject you.
You will not survive this imminent change in the polity
##my prophesy##
good post from am objective nigerian who mean well for our nation. God bless u
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by ketoprofen(m): 1:57pm On Jan 03, 2014
me_for_you: Can Gbenga obasanjo please write genral obasanjo an open letter. A silly, ugly, wicked, vindictive old man that slept with his daughter in law.
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jan 03, 2014
For the people saying this is too long to read, by tomorrow now you will be claiming to know about the politics of Nigeria and yarn dust from the nonsense you heard at the beer parlour joint... By the way I once said that it is only people that doesn't know OBJ will take him serious, for those that has had something to do with OBJ knows the type of insincere man he OBJ is, If he tells you to stand better start running for he is a 2 tongued creature.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jan 03, 2014
Nna mehn see grammar E com be lyk say im pass hon patrick nd chris okotie LAST BULLET the guy that wrote this was well paid by Asari Dokubo

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by akachajega: 1:59pm On Jan 03, 2014
That's just sums it everybody in nigeria only cares about his selfish interest. I don't blame OBJ OR DOKUBO the are just being nigerians
Hit like you think so
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by ketoprofen(m): 1:59pm On Jan 03, 2014
mazizi tonene: Una mean say militants sabi english like this

The English construction in the first post is deyi!
chai, see vocabulary.
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by ketoprofen(m): 2:00pm On Jan 03, 2014
gboss4sure: For the people saying this is too long to read, by tomorrow now you will be claiming to know about the politics of Nigeria and yarn dust from the nonsense you heard at the beer parlour joint... By the way I once said that it is only people that doesn't know OBJ will take him serious, for those that has had something to do with OBJ knows the type of insincere man he OBJ is, If he tells you to stand better start running for he is a 2 tongued creature.
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by Lordlexyy: 2:04pm On Jan 03, 2014
It is on record that part of the political and economic crisis we are currently contending with today was grossly due to the bad and corrupt leadership Obj. At the same time i found Asari letter rather inconsequential and lacking in substance. Instead of addressing the corruption issues raised by Obj, he was giving biography of himself and his anticidents of which we already know. His remarks with all appology to ss ppl, shows the clannishness, unintelligence, immaturity, gaffe and pride that often greeted statements from their folks. Asari latest acquisitions is clearly an indication that their supposed struggle for the emancipation Niger Delta was selfish, fraud and an attempt to gain recognition from the high power. Nigeria will continue to be irrespective of opinion polls from selfcentred who haven't read the handwriten on the wall of their perceived slim chance of getting popular vote are using every gimmiks to beat the war drum. Politics is a game of number and popularity, and popularity normally comes with good track record. Nigeria is too big for one dimented militant or region to hold to ransome. If you are not satisfied with the entity, you can always move abroad rathan than come here to create disaffection. ONE NIGERIA WE STAND.

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jan 03, 2014
penielnig: ....this has nothing to do with Nigeria politics Abeg.it all involved someone personal experience with the government at one time and lots of personAL autobiography....pls if you really need to understand more politics and governance in Nigeria since 1999,get El Rufai book "ACCIDENTAL PUBLIC SERVANT" and by extension,Segun Adeniyi book..."POWER,POLITICS & DEATH..
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I don't even know where to begin to reply to you, but I will try. Any letters , interviews, personal recollections that help to broaden debate is welcome for any country serious to change the destiny of its citizens for good. You need all shades of opinion to get a balanced idea of how leadership works and worked in Nigeria so that if you are in a position of leadership you will do your best and not make the mistakes of previous people.
I don't know why you said this is not important to the Nigerian state. Evidence abound in the letter that its important. I have learnt for example to do my utmost best in power when given the opportunity either be as lga chairman or a governor and not turn hypocrite after my tenure and begin to instruct those after me on things I failed to achieve.
Yet again I state that Obj was given so much (8years and huge financial resources)yet delivered so little.
I have a copy of Segun book and have read it so I don't what point you were trying to make. Sadly I have only read parts of El rufai.
You need all perspective to come to a decision. The same reason I read in full Obj 18 page letter, Jonathan response and Iyabo 11 page letters.
Even does I ordinarily don't have time for example Femi fani kayode I read his articles. I can see some sense in what he says and I can also see hypocrisy in some of his writing but I still read it.
So maybe you yourself should do more reading and not discount somebody because you hate his personality or his politics.

4 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by guymega: 2:04pm On Jan 03, 2014
[b] embarassed/b]Bunch of contradictions

A very f*oolish letter from a very f*oolish Man!

Mtcheeew
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by slap1(m): 2:05pm On Jan 03, 2014
jmaine:

Abeg upgrade the offer to palm wine. . . . The yeast will help my hurting eyes. . . .. grin
Haha. Ok. Upgraded. Palmwine and dried goat meat.
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by hillsate: 2:07pm On Jan 03, 2014
If GEJ does not call Asari Dokubo to order for this needless reply of OBJ's letter then it makes a nuisance of the reply he wrote. I don't care who is right between OBJ and GEj what bothers is why Asari is insultive to someone old enough to be his father.
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by stantob(m): 2:10pm On Jan 03, 2014
"Things fall apart"
We look forward to more books.
The drama has just begun.
2014, here we come.
The saga continues.

O.B.J has never been a good man and can never be a good man.
This is a reminder of what we all know.
Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by DeepSight(m): 2:12pm On Jan 03, 2014
geeez:

But how can Asari say OBJ impoverished the ND?

He increased derivation to 13% and has remained so ever since

[/b]

This kind of ignorance actually hurts physically.

13 % derivation was enshrined the the 1999 Constitution which conveyed Obasanjo to power. He was not the author of that Constitution.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo by stargurl: 2:13pm On Jan 03, 2014
Season of open letters in nigeria open letter everywhere smh

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Cars Recovered By Abdullahi Abubakar From Yuguda (Photos) / #Endsars Protest: Southwest Governors Raise Alarm Over Infiltration Of Region / Boko Haram's Sex Enhancing Drugs Seized By Army (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.