Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

Dangote, Alakija, Rabiu, Adenuga Make N2trn In 2013 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote, Alakija, Rabiu, Adenuga Make N2trn In 2013 (699 Views)

I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija / Who Is Behind Naira Slide? Abdulsamad Rabiu (BUA) And Ifeanyi Ubah Have Answers / Folorunsho Alakija: Nigeria’s Richest Woman [photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote, Alakija, Rabiu, Adenuga Make N2trn In 2013 by Benissues(m): 12:16am On Jan 03, 2014
The combined net worth of four Nigerian billionaires, Aliko Dangote, Mrs. Folorunsho Alakija, Abdulsamad Rabiu and Mike Adenuga, grew by N2.024 trillion ($12.65 billion) in 2013, according to data released by Forbes yesterday.
The amount is about half of the N4.99 trillion budget put forward by the Federal Government and approved by the National Assembly in the 2013 fiscal year.
Forbes, in a report entitled The Biggest African Billionaire Gainers in 2013, listed Dangote, Africa’s richest man, as the biggest gainer in terms of increase in net worth.
He gained $10.1 billion (N1.62 trillion) in 2013, to end the year with a net worth of $22.9 billion (N3.66 trillion), up from $12.8 billion as at the end of December 2012.
Nigeria’s richest woman
Nigeria’s richest woman, Folorunsho Alakija, owner of Famfa Oil Limited, was named the fourth biggest gainer in 2013, as her wealth increased by $1.9 billion (N304 billion) to end the year with a net worth of $2.5 billion (N400 billion).
Abdulsamad Rabiu, Chairman, BUA Group, was named the ninth biggest African gainer in 2013 by Forbes, with a $550 million (N88 billion) increase in wealth to end the year with a total net worth of $1.2 billion (N192 billion).
Nigeria’s second richest man and Chairman of Globacom, Mr. Mike Adenuga, was named the 15th biggest gainer, with a gain of $100 million (N16 billion) to end the year with a net worth of $4.7 billion (N752 billion).
According to Forbes, the biggest catalyst for the increase in Dangote’s net worth was his Dangote Cement shares, which has experienced a 74 per cent run-up over the last 12 months.
Forbes further noted that the increase in Folorunsho Alakija’s net worth is as a result of new information made available to it on the true value of her company’s interest in Agbami, information that had been verified by analysts in the industry.
Rabiu
On Abdulsamad Rabiu, Forbes said: “Rabiu joins the ranks of Africa’s richest and the world’s billionaires for the first time based on success at his BUA Group, whose biggest businesses are sugar refining and cement.
“BUA Group annual revenues are estimated at $2 billion. The group also does business in real estate, steel, port concessions, manufacturing, oil gas and shipping.
“Rabiu, the son of a businessman, set up his own business in 1988, importing rice, sugar and edible oils as well as iron and steel rods.”
Adenuga
Commenting on Adenuga, the Forbes report said: “He built his fortune in oil production and telecom.
“His mobile telecom outfit, Globacom, has over 25 million subscribers in Nigeria and the Republic of Benin.
“He also owns Conoil Producing, a large indigenous oil exploration company.
“Adenuga studied in the United States and went into business for himself in Nigeria, starting by running his mother’s sawmill business, distributing lace and Coca-Cola.
“He hit the big time when the military regime of former President Ibrahim Babangida awarded him construction contracts and his first oil prospecting license with which he became the first Nigerian to strike oil in commercial quantities.”
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/01/dangote-alakija-rabiu-adenuga-make-n2trn-2013/
Re: Dangote, Alakija, Rabiu, Adenuga Make N2trn In 2013 by Benissues(m): 12:20am On Jan 03, 2014
Wow!!....dis is amazing!......wen wil my cash inflow start flowin like dis ?.......anyway!.....ve 2 wrk SMART in 2014!....God bless my hussle dis year!
Re: Dangote, Alakija, Rabiu, Adenuga Make N2trn In 2013 by Arinze4eva(m): 12:26am On Jan 03, 2014
It's difficult to be contented with what you have when you read things like this; no problem sha I'll be a billionaire too someday
Re: Dangote, Alakija, Rabiu, Adenuga Make N2trn In 2013 by Nobody: 12:34am On Jan 03, 2014
The funny thing about life is that the more money you make, the less of the following you seem to have:

1. Peace of mind
2. Time for family
3. Sense of security
4. True grasp of reality. You tend to have this false belief that money can get you everything.
5. Friends. Money ensures you're surrounded by yes-men, not friends.
6. Truth. People are just too scared to tell you the truth.
7. Fear of God.
8. Respect for authority.
9. Humility. You find it difficult to condescend to men of low estate.
10. Knowledge of the true God.

Anyone who envies rich men like Dangote, Otedola, Adenuga, etc. will not like for friends godliness and contentment.

Is it wrong to even desire to be rich like any of these people? Nay, but remember the pitfalls above. A lot of them have permanent residence with the rich and famous.

1 Like

Re: Dangote, Alakija, Rabiu, Adenuga Make N2trn In 2013 by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:10am On Jan 03, 2014
smurfy: The funny thing about life is that the more money you make, the less of the following you seem to have:

1. Peace of mind
2. Time for family
3. Sense of security
4. True grasp of reality. You tend to have this false belief that money can get you everything.
5. Friends. Money ensures you're surrounded by yes-men, not friends.
6. Truth. People are just too scared to tell you the truth.
7. Fear of God.
8. Respect for authority.
9. Humility. You find it difficult to condescend to men of low estate.
10. Knowledge of the true God.

Anyone who envies rich men like Dangote, Otedola, Adenuga, etc. will not like for friends godliness and contentment.

Is it wrong to even desire to be rich like any of these people? Nay, but remember the pitfalls above. A lot of them have permanent residence with the rich and famous.
*very long hissssss* undecided
Re: Dangote, Alakija, Rabiu, Adenuga Make N2trn In 2013 by Nobody: 8:12am On Jan 03, 2014
Forbes,.....the only company that makes money by tracking and monitoring other people's wealth. I would rather make mine than sit and watch others accumulate wealth.

1 Like

Re: Dangote, Alakija, Rabiu, Adenuga Make N2trn In 2013 by Nobody: 8:51am On Jan 03, 2014
SLIDE waxie: *very long hissssss* undecided

I understand how you feel, friend. I am now reminded of those Americans who died at the hands of hurricane Katrina.

They had all the warning, but were too *?!* to take them seriously.

1 Like

Re: Dangote, Alakija, Rabiu, Adenuga Make N2trn In 2013 by SLIDEwaxie(m): 3:46pm On Jan 03, 2014
smurfy:

I understand how you feel, friend. I am now reminded of those Americans who died at the hands of hurricane Katrina.

u seriously overrate ur minuscule intelligence!
Re: Dangote, Alakija, Rabiu, Adenuga Make N2trn In 2013 by SLIDEwaxie(m): 3:47pm On Jan 03, 2014
smurfy:

u seriously overrated ur minuscule intelligence!
Re: Dangote, Alakija, Rabiu, Adenuga Make N2trn In 2013 by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jan 03, 2014
SLIDE waxie: u seriously overrated ur minuscule intelligence!

God bless you smiley

(1) (Reply)

Banking Transactions Via Quickteller Platform: How Safe?. / Shoes For Sale / Tough Times Ahead For Nigerian Bank Investors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.