Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,973 members, 7,803,221 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? (48828 Views)

What Lucrative Business Can A Student Start With #50,000 / 15 Businesses You Can Start On Campus That You Don't Know About / Pls. I Have 300k Which Business Can I Do That Will Give Me 2k - 3k Daily. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by safarigirl(f): 5:42pm On Jan 03, 2014
dheaven: Check out the below ideas:
If you’re a first year student in any Nigerian University it’s always wise to draw up a list of scholarship awards available to Nigerian Students just when you gained admission into whatever institution of higher learning you’re at the reason being that from year 2 many Nigerian students are no longer eligible for some of these scholarship awards. The amount awarded as bursary or scholarships could range from N50,000 to N150,000 per annum depending on who is giving the award.

Freelance Article Writing
If you can write well especially articles then during your spare time you could make some cool money for yourself writing for freelance article websites such as odesk and elance. Visit their websites, register, create a portfolio of articles, a professional profile and start writing your way to some cool cash. The money is usually paid via western Union.

Blogging
Are the likes of Linda Ikeji, Omojuwa Japheth, Jide Ogunsanya and Laila Ikeji not enough reason to take to blogging? These people are Nigerians living in Nigeria and making good income from a part time activity as blogging. You actually need less than 4 hours a day to do serious blogging but warning though it’s not an easy road to travel but brace yourself if you’re serious.

Teaching/Tutorials
There are many secondary school leavers who want to gain admission into the University but don’t have someone knowledgeable enough to teach them. Here’s what you can do, arrange for some serious fellow students like you to organize tutorial classes and charge them peanuts. You’ll get a mad rush if they know you teach well but charge little. You can even organize tutorial classes for University students for courses where there’s mass failure or students have difficulty passing.

Freelance Marketing
If you’re not always busy you could use your spare time to help businesses look for customers. There people who pay for referring leads to them or actual buyers who make a purchase for something they’re selling. Good examples of what to market on freelance basis include; Apartments, land, cars and industrial machinery but you have to learn the ropes here and be patient because one good deal could put a lot of money in your pocket.

Other opportunities:
if you are a good barber, you can barb students cheaper than what they pay outside, students are looking for cheap things. if you are good photographer, photography will pay you well. Another sweet way to earn passive income is to have a photocopying machine, students can photocopy everything, even laptops! Lol. there also an opportunity through selling A4 papers.

Another good way of making money on campus is by doing laundry for your schoolmates and doing it very well by employing & adequately supervising the laundryman.

If you have a passion for this service business you can grow it to a multi-purpose dry cleaning enterprise after graduation.

One of the surest way to make money is to b hav a handwork e.g. making shoes beads, soaps ,perfume etc.

Warning!
Some gurus are only after getting N7500, N5000 or N3500 from you in exchange for some rubbish latest internet money making ebooks. Folks, If the business you are planning to venture into is internet-related, please make sure the following are on ground or on their way before you start anything or else you`ll waste your energy, time, feeding money and go home crying with an empty pocket.

1) A laptop - do not use a cyber-cafe, i repeat, do not use a cyber-cafe and don`t even bother buying a desktop computer. Laptops are no longer expensive nowadays.

2) A modem/ good internet connection - after purchasing a modem, unlock it and get access to use 3 networks. You can later upgrade your connection.

Final Warning: Beware Of Scammers.

hmm, the freelance writing I can do, but one requires certain things eg a laptop/smartphone. I don't have either of those yet, na money dey hold pesin. I write for a site, but I don't get paid, it's difficult to meet deadlines when you don't have direct contact with the necessary gadgets. I'll just bide my time until I'm more settled. Good suggestions though.
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by safarigirl(f): 5:42pm On Jan 03, 2014
dheaven: Check out the below ideas:
If you’re a first year student in any Nigerian University it’s always wise to draw up a list of scholarship awards available to Nigerian Students just when you gained admission into whatever institution of higher learning you’re at the reason being that from year 2 many Nigerian students are no longer eligible for some of these scholarship awards. The amount awarded as bursary or scholarships could range from N50,000 to N150,000 per annum depending on who is giving the award.

Freelance Article Writing
If you can write well especially articles then during your spare time you could make some cool money for yourself writing for freelance article websites such as odesk and elance. Visit their websites, register, create a portfolio of articles, a professional profile and start writing your way to some cool cash. The money is usually paid via western Union.

Blogging
Are the likes of Linda Ikeji, Omojuwa Japheth, Jide Ogunsanya and Laila Ikeji not enough reason to take to blogging? These people are Nigerians living in Nigeria and making good income from a part time activity as blogging. You actually need less than 4 hours a day to do serious blogging but warning though it’s not an easy road to travel but brace yourself if you’re serious.

Teaching/Tutorials
There are many secondary school leavers who want to gain admission into the University but don’t have someone knowledgeable enough to teach them. Here’s what you can do, arrange for some serious fellow students like you to organize tutorial classes and charge them peanuts. You’ll get a mad rush if they know you teach well but charge little. You can even organize tutorial classes for University students for courses where there’s mass failure or students have difficulty passing.

Freelance Marketing
If you’re not always busy you could use your spare time to help businesses look for customers. There people who pay for referring leads to them or actual buyers who make a purchase for something they’re selling. Good examples of what to market on freelance basis include; Apartments, land, cars and industrial machinery but you have to learn the ropes here and be patient because one good deal could put a lot of money in your pocket.

Other opportunities:
if you are a good barber, you can barb students cheaper than what they pay outside, students are looking for cheap things. if you are good photographer, photography will pay you well. Another sweet way to earn passive income is to have a photocopying machine, students can photocopy everything, even laptops! Lol. there also an opportunity through selling A4 papers.

Another good way of making money on campus is by doing laundry for your schoolmates and doing it very well by employing & adequately supervising the laundryman.

If you have a passion for this service business you can grow it to a multi-purpose dry cleaning enterprise after graduation.

One of the surest way to make money is to b hav a handwork e.g. making shoes beads, soaps ,perfume etc.

Warning!
Some gurus are only after getting N7500, N5000 or N3500 from you in exchange for some rubbish latest internet money making ebooks. Folks, If the business you are planning to venture into is internet-related, please make sure the following are on ground or on their way before you start anything or else you`ll waste your energy, time, feeding money and go home crying with an empty pocket.

1) A laptop - do not use a cyber-cafe, i repeat, do not use a cyber-cafe and don`t even bother buying a desktop computer. Laptops are no longer expensive nowadays.

2) A modem/ good internet connection - after purchasing a modem, unlock it and get access to use 3 networks. You can later upgrade your connection.

Final Warning: Beware Of Scammers.

hmm, the freelance writing I can do, but one requires certain things eg a laptop/smartphone. I don't have either of those yet, na money dey hold pesin. I write for a site, but I don't get paid, it's difficult to meet deadlines when you don't have direct contact with the necessary gadgets. I'll just bide my time until I'm more settled. Good suggestions though.
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by Neob04(m): 5:46pm On Jan 03, 2014
If u living off campus, u can start selling water in tank and kerosene cus students hardly do without this commodities.
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by Emmy9ite(m): 6:11pm On Jan 03, 2014
Op I have a post for you on my blog, It's on the 20 businesses you can do in the university. Pick from the list. You can thank me later.
www.siremmy9ite..com/2013/12/20-businesses-you-can-start-while-in.html?m=1
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jan 03, 2014
Timijo: Some people will just comment on a thread without minding who the op is. The op is a female for crying out aloud and you gave a piece of advice that can work for a male. How do you expect a female student to cope with riding okada?

@op, this is my candy advice to you.
1. Do a survey about what others are selling/doing to make money on the campus.
2. Try to know the wants of the people around you. I mean ''wants'' not needs. You can take advantage of their need to start your business. For instance, if the needs is bathing soap or oil or any other thing; you can go into such business.
3. Sell what people want not what they need. E.g. Everybody needs food but guys can starve themselves to spend the last card on recharge card in other to call their babes.
4. sell what is very cheap to buy and let it be what people use everyday.
5. please, don't go into a business because someone else is doing it and he or she is making it.
Above all, you must be friendly and courteous to everybody.
Noted,thanks
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jan 03, 2014
kayjegs: www.nairaland.com/1182280/funds-not-business-actually-need

Have you come across the above thread too. You can check it too.

2014 will be a year of technology especially with many IT related services. There will be lots of mobile apps that will be sold, you could take advantage selling some mobile apps that benefits students. Business is about selling or buying goods and services. There are apps you can sell to secondary school students around you in the town where your school is located. They will easily get from you when they know you are a student in higher institution. There are some you can sell to university students. This is like creating a niche for yourself. We have got some apps that you can help distribute and you can make money from it. You can contact me by sending me a PM here.
You can also think of what is needed by students in your school and think of solving such problems maybe through technology. Get computer programmers who are students like you to start that. Facebook and many other big corporations started in Colleges (Universities). Who says you can't do that too.
Also watch out for our crowd funding platform starting very soon which will help raise money for people with good business ideas especially student entrepreneurs. You can follow me on nairaland here to keep updated.
Ok,thanks
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jan 03, 2014
T4T-solomon:

To be frank with you, I was once in your shoes even still in your shoes,Know this that all business feeds on MISERY/PROBLEMS, i mean checkout things that give students in your environment problem and your solution will be your business......TRUST ME,you have to be informed in order to start this BUSINESS of yours (remember Information is valuable)....If you are not interested in a problem or misery and solution, trust me with time you are gonna lose the passion and hope to continue dis business.....You can expect us here to tell you the kinda business you can do though we can give you ideas because what works for Mr A may and can not work for Mr B....Good Luck Dear
10ks dear,I learnt a lot frm u
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jan 03, 2014
tunapa2009:

OAU? That makes it very easy.. in OAU there is a lot of opportunities depending on you and the people around you.. In every hall, there is always a "NEED" which require someone to satisfy.. (MOremi, alumni,moz,akintola).. Just look around your block and critically observe their need and step into it.. No idea is foolish, just be creative and unique about it.. Complex that u r seeing today, started his business in 2008 in my room(we were room mate) but now he is a well renowned business man on campus...don't be afraid to compete in market just do it in a positive way... I wish you the best(if you have a good GP, you can also apply for Carnegie, egebe omo odua scholarship, Odua scholarship.. Get information about them).. Shalom
Thanks dear,I stay in moremi and d peeps on block ar selling virtually every dat has bn mentioned here,datz y am stil av difficulty in choosing but since u told me nt 2 b afraid 2 compete then I guess my packaging and strategies ar d 1s dat matters most. I appreciate wat u wrote
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by ramselly(m): 7:08pm On Jan 03, 2014
holuphumy: Please I don't know if am in d right section or not cuz dis is my first time of creating a topic on nairaland, presently am in need of ideas. This is a new year and I don't want it to start and end without me achieving anything.
Am a student in a tertiary institution who lives on campus and have been thinking about venturing into a business that will yield a good amount of profit but the problem is that I can think of anything,the thoughts are not flowing in like I want.

Apart from the fact that I want to break the chains of dependency, I also want 2 help out my mum by having her worry less about me and my siblings, even though she rarely complain abt wat she goes thru daily jst to ensure dat all go well with us, the whole thing is weighing her down and it's having adverse effects on her health.

Please note dat I have just little capital, just want 2 start frm sumwhr. Ur candid advice is highly needed.

Thank u
Bro pls call me or text me on dis no so I can give u d little I knw ‎08153964877.
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by DonZaggy(m): 7:22pm On Jan 03, 2014
just about to ask de same question especially for us that re not in our country
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 03, 2014
holuphumy:
Since u knw me more than I knw myself, no qualms then but take it or leave it am nt a girl in dat category!
ok oo! I wish u well
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jan 03, 2014
My candid advise is that u go out and acquire a skill, wit dat u can help urself even after school and jobs are not forth coming. Try any of these because you will decide when u work and when u study. They are photography, cinematography, barbing or web design.
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by candor4(f): 8:24pm On Jan 03, 2014
Wow.............nice one op.......... I was tinking getting a shop n putting someone der cos is nt easy 2 work n school.....................it all depends on d start-up capital.............God will surely give u direction n bring customers 2 u
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by pee777(m): 8:53pm On Jan 03, 2014
If truely you are serious and really needed a change, nothing comes without some elements of sacrifice in time and energy. This webstore site www.our-marketplace.com was just launched this december and needed people who can sell their online stores to shop owners for commission as high as 30-40%, send email to them at info@our-marketplace.com for details. Am sure its what youcan do to startup without capital.
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by bank2k4real(m): 8:56pm On Jan 03, 2014
Beauty..
Freshness..
Dreams..
Truth..
Imagination..
Feeling..
Faith..
Trust..
This is beginning of a new year!

When d enemies say its over,let man hands over, when man hands over God takes over and when God takes over d devil takes cover n when d devil takes cover man crosses over...Happy. New. Year......

Welcome to 2014......check my signature
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by fnk: 9:04pm On Jan 03, 2014
I like this idea "doing laundry for your schoolmates and doing it very well by employing & adequately supervising the laundryman".

I think it will take an entrepreneur spirit to do this, and it can work well if you put your mind to it.
One thing about students on campus i think is that they want to look good, but might not have time to do their laundry and will pay if the service is good and the price is right.

Your capital investment
1) buy an Iron
2) buy and ironing board
3) Soap

Go across the street from your campus and contract a local resident (lady or a guy) negotiate the price of washing and ironing different cloths. with the agreed price, factor in your investment/profit. Remember don't be too greedy and also remember you are dealing with students like you. So your price have to be very conservative.

With this end tightened, go from Dom to dom and talk to as many students as possible, offering your service. Don't forget throw in an incentive, i.e wash two shirts and get one trouser washed for free. (for limited time only).

And your first, second and third client, seat with your laundryman and even help him or her through the process, what you are doing is creating trust and establishing quality standard.
Now, incentives these your first set of clients that if they will tell people that you did their laundry, that of every 7 persons that comes to you as a referral from them, that they will get their next 2 shirts or something other cloths washed for free.
People like free stuff, right there you are building a marketing force that will roll out on its own in no time. Then watch your business grow. What ever the case maybe, you need to be involved, roll up your sleeves and go to work.

2 Likes

Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by captaincaleb(m): 9:10pm On Jan 03, 2014
That the fact and whatsup,if only the student love sport and know sport i mean know sport for real,cos that what i do to earn my cash weekends on campus
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by usmanspihn(m): 9:21pm On Jan 03, 2014
To send easier mails just try and follow each other. Thx. To the OP so many business ideas are available but do you have what is required of it asides from finance. Like the time, for example in a school like unilorin, for you to do your schooling activities and one other thing together mehn una go try oh. Also patience is needed coz you need it as income won't come up immediately and the first money should be used to develop the business.
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by mayorall(m): 9:27pm On Jan 03, 2014
I can help you customise this for your school and you sell to resellers. You make 100-200% gain. If Started with 50k. You will make 50-100k as only gain...

Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by jheaboiy(m): 9:30pm On Jan 03, 2014
ndubisik: We are all in the same boat my dear. For me , I have decided to go into online biz once I get back to campus, at least dedicating 2hrs per day to my work. Thank God for steady internet connectivity at school

pls I nid ur help on hw to go about online biz. what steps do I nid to take. thanks for ur anticipated response.
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by uken73(m): 9:42pm On Jan 03, 2014
If you are a tech person or can have a tech person to partner with you, you can market Prisec School Manager for a commission. Check out more details on the following thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/953571/nursery-primary-secondary-school-management

People are already doing this and are earning cool money, including students.

If you want to respond to this, please do so on the thread posted above.

Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by Christine01(f): 9:43pm On Jan 03, 2014
Following closely.

OP, you just took this topic outta my mouth. I have been delibrating on the kind of business to venture in on campus.

Need financial independence jor.

God bless you @OP

1 Like

Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by Sunnynedu: 9:43pm On Jan 03, 2014
popcorm machine it has help so many students and that is what I deals no, resides in Abuja, contact 08053507987
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by akonucheinfo(m): 9:45pm On Jan 03, 2014
Try fitness centre "Gym Centre", it is new trend now, everybody want to look sweet and sexy. I know of a guy in my area that charge N100/day at his gym and each day he records not lest than 20persons. and one thing is certain, iron no dey spoil. Am thinking of this as well when I resume cos am also a fresher. Goodluck
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by eagerald: 10:11pm On Jan 03, 2014
Well, am a student and I won't lie to you. Provisions are the best selling items on campus. Dependin on skul, cos if u wan sell kerosine for oau. You no go sell. At the beginning of d semester. Stationaries do sell, food stuff doesn't really sell because everyone don't mind going outside to eat. After 1week, it's tym for food stuff, fast food like indomie, egg, well pure water if d water supply is bad, bread, sugar, #20 milk, milo, groundnut, kuli kuli, and some other cheap provision. U could step up ur game, by going into selling garri, rice, beans, and those kind tinz u know studen wud like. Well, of all, my favorite is indomie and egg. Egg is like meat for most student, indomie is a quick food, I wake up late or am in a rush and I need to cook anything, indomie comes to my mind. I hope this is helpful. Well, all I said requires little capital, unless u wanna do step 2, d rice n co. Thank u
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by IYANGBALI: 10:39pm On Jan 03, 2014
Vivly: Help write assignments and projects for people.
she no fit do that o,you need to see the number of Carry Overs on her head
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by jowhyte(m): 11:37pm On Jan 03, 2014
Think more of service-based business that has regular (daily) income opportunity! think laundry or dry cleaning business male or female can do it
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jan 03, 2014
PROFLOVY:
Wat u said is selfish..All fingers re nt equal..U said 'little from ur parent' lyk a student given 3000 naira for a semester will survive..Doin sth on campus is a way of supporting ur parent n making urself a reliable as a man..wat he does with d money is his problem..Atleast God is watching..
u have a point.,but my opinion persist. Am talking frm experience
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by ennydoc: 11:47pm On Jan 03, 2014
holuphumy: Please I don't know if am in d right section or not cuz dis is my first time of creating a topic on nairaland, presently am in need of ideas. This is a new year and I don't want it to start and end without me achieving anything.

Am a student in a tertiary institution who lives on campus and have been thinking about venturing into a business that will yield a good amount of profit but the problem is that I can think of anything,the thoughts are not flowing in like I want.

Apart from the fact that I want to break the chains of dependency, I also want 2 help out my mum by having her worry less about me and my siblings, even though she rarely complain abt wat she goes thru daily jst to ensure dat all go well with us, the whole thing is weighing her down and it's having adverse effects on her health.

Please note dat I have just little capital, just want 2 start frm sumwhr. Ur candid advice is highly needed.

Thank u

do you have novels?you can start a novel lending programme

can you write articles?[/b]write campus news features for nicampus.com and get paid ---contact info@nicampus.com or checkout https://www.nairaland.com/1574593/student-jobs---campus-representative-nicampus

can you weave hair.....yea, get paid for that too on your campus

the thing is---->there are lots of things to do, the question is ...would you have the time?

the main thing is to study your campus and flow with the impulse have fun!
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by Pacesetter2: 11:47pm On Jan 03, 2014
Awww...saw this late.

Now in area...no standard saloon and you have to trek metres if not kilometres to barb. That barbing would have made sense but getting someone is the wahala.

I cant just manage it myself. I go to school early. Come back late.

On capital issue....once my fears are cleared,i'll get them

Any idea on how to go about it.
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by Pacesetter2: 11:51pm On Jan 03, 2014
ramselly:
Bro pls call me or text me on dis no so I can give u d little I knw ‎08153964877.

why not post to help others?
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by Aliyubest(m): 11:59pm On Jan 03, 2014
Well as most posters have pointed out, u need to watch out for student needs (oppurtunity) n exploit it. For me while in sch, i was into wide range of computer based services. Over time i had to change the nature of my service so as to remain afloat. Eg, i started with laptop n handset browsing configuration;
then to student course reg, filling of forms online, system maintainance for cafes n biz centres.;
finally, around my 3rd yr i noticed student r lazy when it comes to research n reading, so i ventured into prep of field trip report, term paper, research materials for PhD student, assignment n thesis for msc guyz, n project writing.
It requires alot of reading, sleepless 9t, interaction.
But it paid off cus i was living large, good flat, fully independent, savings, connection, babes n beer !!! (regreted).

But as a girl u can go into hair dressing saloon biz (seen ladies dat it worked 4)

marketing of womens' wear (u need to av swagg n b strict if not u go go villa)

prep of indomies, breakfast meal, soft drinks (ma ex- , the profit is crazy)

photocopying, in ur house n strickly on contract basis so as to give u reading time (prodn of handout for a class esp. Post grads students)

interior decorator for shws n event, but u need training , (dos girls r heartless, 30k for 2hrs work?)

ashawo if u too lazy for a lady n a love-vendor for a guy (mehn make sense if u sch near abj, i once made 15k for being a witness)

finally, u need to b forcused, discipline, an fia God.

Tenks

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fire Guts Access Bank, Victoria Island, Lagos (Video) / 10 Nigerian Multi-millionaires Never Heard Of........ / Adama Indimi & Husband Prince Malik Loved Up Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.