Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,833 members, 7,806,344 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? (48844 Views)

What Lucrative Business Can A Student Start With #50,000 / 15 Businesses You Can Start On Campus That You Don't Know About / Pls. I Have 300k Which Business Can I Do That Will Give Me 2k - 3k Daily. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by solelymade: 12:11am On Jan 04, 2014
holuphumy: 10k y'all 4 d ideas so far,d problem is I av no handwork skills yet! Also am a part3 student who has lesser tym nw,and I don't wnt a business whereby my G.P wil b affected. For those asking for locatn,am a student of OAU. Most of ur advices are d best optn 4 a guy which am nt. So far so good u've all b helpful and am considering some of ur optns already. Also am nt a science student so I don't knw much abt software and apps.
Hi Funmi,I'm a student of OAU like u are so inclind towards startting a business on campus or Ife environ. we can pool resources together andmake things happen big. Asoy2k@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by seangy4konji: 12:39am On Jan 04, 2014
do fried meat with pepper or little snails deep fried with that thing we call ata gungun in yoruba,..dry pepper and put them in small containers and sell in the church you worship every service day...you take a test run and if they love itthey wont wait for service to end to come buy that thing..when my sis said she wanna do?i was like u serious??now she sells nothing like 20k every sunday as she drops off at the branches in her vicinity and has also included yogurt and zobo well packaged for the teenage section...all the best...
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by youngmonie: 1:56am On Jan 04, 2014
really wished I stayed back in Nigeria, so many opportunities to make money from students (Legally). I would like to think most students live a busy life and really dont have time on their hands e.g to cook. Simply open a take away and delivery shop to sell variety of food and snacks pizza kebab, burgers, add some nigerian elements to it as well. The late night studiers that are hungry can easily call in and order food or the late night party goers. However the nigerian factor is an hinderance....

1 Like

Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by UyiIredia(m): 4:30am On Jan 04, 2014
@ aaa200: The offer is temting but I will reject it. Power cost is still fair enough for me (others is another matter).
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 5:50am On Jan 04, 2014
[/quote] removed

Yes we agree Nigeria has it's own fault. Leaders are not doing well, they are stealing and deceiving. But how about the followers? This is absolutely wrong. If Nigeria isn't a failed state you'll be in the jail by now.
My brother, there are other legit ways of making money. You are the change, the hope, and the miracle. It all begins with you bro. LIVE RIGHT.
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by Nobody: 6:27am On Jan 04, 2014
[/quote]removed Later them go talk say naija no get money. . . . How do u think PHCN raises its revenue.? If dem sack my uncle wey dy work 4 PHCN cuz no money to pay salary, i go GUN U DOWN.

Nigeria Jagajaga naa we cause am.
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by Raypawer(m): 6:51am On Jan 04, 2014
As a student i can help you open a bulk sms website which is personally yours and you can make money by sending bulk sms for groups, organizations, departmental meetings and also advertise your site so people can register and send bulk sms through your sms site.

contact me on
admin@technetsms.com
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by divaT: 7:27am On Jan 04, 2014
Vivy Gift: Do u av any skill? Lyk making of hair, tailoring, wire works etc

U can also sell Indomie nd egg. This is wot most students do. Going for ushering job is also an option
pls m also seriously intersted in dis ushering job it helps a lot 4rm d lil I've don,Vivygift pls if u gat conections do let me know. Am in asaba,tnx alot
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by fabrista(m): 7:46am On Jan 04, 2014
We're in Nigeria and evrytin is business...i'll advice u 2 open "food is ready".......i gives cool cash......but if u're a brilliant studnt,i'll advice u 2 use ur brilliance and be making moni in sch.....mercenary tins...just be impersonating 4 ppl in exam hall.....u knw say na illegal business dy give moni pass
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by JustineN(m): 8:21am On Jan 04, 2014
Quite good to knw that thr're still some nigerian students who crave 4 success / financial independence. Thatz d entreprenurship spirit, as cld fetch ya some fortune b4 hiting d labour mkt. Times are changing same way Nigeria is too cos we hv 2 thnk out of the box cos thr aint rily much jobs out thr and u hv so many chasing same job outta thr. thrz nafin bad in wrking and schooling as is done in some developed counties whr thr system wrks........ The thing is just that u rily hv 2 knw urslf, and try nt to deviate / derail 4rm ur academics.
HERE'RE some candid suggestions:

1) U cld engage in iceblk biz as thr exist diff sizes and types of machine both local and foreign design. a local 1 of about a 110k can produce 70blks at 1nce. All u need is a space and mayb a gen if power supply is a challenge in ur area. An iceblk sells for 100naira in d cities but cos of d environment u operate in u cld sell for 60 to 70naira in order to hv them patronize u and possibly come to u rather than u distributing them. All u need to do is some mkting and probably hv a gen for continuity as a 3kva gen set of say 35k can power d facility.

2) Another is encouraging sport / gaming in ur sch as u cld provide a snooker and / table tennis board and hv it cited in an already established or booming joint / hangout in ur sch. with this all u need is a trust worthy fellow to stand in as boardman to coll ur revenues from customers. a locally designed snooker sells for 80k and above while a tennis board for 25k and above. u cld provide some other games like chess, scrabble dart etc and organise competitions from time to time. This can fetch u lots of cash and boost the bar/outlet/joint whateva. for the snooker u cld charge a 100naira per game 50naira each by the two players, but the winner continues free of charge (foc) depending same for the TableT....

3) Sharwama / drink spot whr u wld hv student rolling in for quick snacks / food. all u need to do is work on ur price as u hv to mk it affordable for students say @ 450 naira for beef and 500naira for chicken. so that with 600naira a student can get a well prepared chicken sharwama with a bottle of chilled bottled coke or 550for d oda. Here in time u mk alot due to tunova. Nigerians like trendy things and s well made sharwama wld sell itself with the right pakaging and delivery as such made of hot dog. As fof d setup u cld erect a canopy with 2tables and mayb 8chairs, 4chairs per table but hv the setting to b more of a take away style so that u just hv few ppl to eat while under the canopy unless u cld afford to rent an enclosed space as in a shop or something which is better. U also brand ur nylons bearing ur ooutfit name for advert purpose and ensure ur spot is always neet and aprons worn while preparing it.on an average u cld invest 250k in it all u need are oven/grill, gas cylinder, chicked & display, items/recipe etc. cld give ya a detailed rundwn

4) Barbing saloon / hairdressing saloon

5) Fashion design, clothes and accessories sales etc

6) Bottled water / drink stores and delivery

wld include more as i rembr...... i engaged in no 5 while in sch then and still do as i've got some imports from ghana
and dubai in d kind of female bags, lovely gowns, beeds etc. u cld reach me via 07012225182..... a txt mssg wld b ideal

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by bolaji73(m): 8:31am On Jan 04, 2014
mayorall:

I can help you customise this for your school and you sell to resellers. You make 100-200% gain. If Started with 50k. You will make 50-100k as only gain...
pls kindly drop ur fone number or send me a mail to mobolaji73@gmail.com
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by Kennyfancy(m): 8:32am On Jan 04, 2014
mayorall:

I can help you customise this for your school and you sell to resellers. You make 100-200% gain. If Started with 50k. You will make 50-100k as only gain.
thank GOD,,pls i will lik to contact u oh
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by mayorall(m): 8:41am On Jan 04, 2014
bolaji73: pls kindly drop ur fone number or send me a mail to mobolaji73@gmail.com

07066435369. 21E7FF3A on bbm.
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by oluwashegunfunm(m): 10:13am On Jan 04, 2014
Dr2great: U Students should manage the little money ur parent send to u people, u students should please face ur studies.,u cannot pursue two things at a time,leave busines for dangote and the fresh graduates..u students are just looking for money to buy beer,fuçk urselves around campus.,buy expensive things like dress,trousers,brazil hair.,and even sort and block lecturers just to pass an exam E.t.c. Imagin a student buying a plasma t.v worth 70,000 in sch. Please face ur studies and manage the little money that ur parent give to u people. There is time for everything
you still have daddy and mummy abi ?
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by yormite: 10:19am On Jan 04, 2014
mayorall:

I can help you customise this for your school and you sell to resellers. You make 100-200% gain. If Started with 50k. You will make 50-100k as only gain.
please am interested what's your 2go user name or Phone number tnx brother
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by yormite: 10:33am On Jan 04, 2014
dheaven: Check out the below ideas:
If you’re a first year student in any Nigerian University it’s always wise to draw up a list of scholarship awards available to Nigerian Students just when you gained admission into whatever institution of higher learning you’re at the reason being that from year 2 many Nigerian students are no longer eligible for some of these scholarship awards. The amount awarded as bursary or scholarships could range from N50,000 to N150,000 per annum depending on who is giving the award.

Freelance Article Writing
If you can write well especially articles then during your spare time you could make some cool money for yourself writing for freelance article websites such as odesk and elance. Visit their websites, register, create a portfolio of articles, a professional profile and start writing your way to some cool cash. The money is usually paid via western Union.

Blogging
Are the likes of Linda Ikeji, Omojuwa Japheth, Jide Ogunsanya and Laila Ikeji not enough reason to take to blogging? These people are Nigerians living in Nigeria and making good income from a part time activity as blogging. You actually need less than 4 hours a day to do serious blogging but warning though it’s not an easy road to travel but brace yourself if you’re serious.

Teaching/Tutorials
There are many secondary school leavers who want to gain admission into the University but don’t have someone knowledgeable enough to teach them. Here’s what you can do, arrange for some serious fellow students like you to organize tutorial classes and charge them peanuts. You’ll get a mad rush if they know you teach well but charge little. You can even organize tutorial classes for University students for courses where there’s mass failure or students have difficulty passing.

Freelance Marketing
If you’re not always busy you could use your spare time to help businesses look for customers. There people who pay for referring leads to them or actual buyers who make a purchase for something they’re selling. Good examples of what to market on freelance basis include; Apartments, land, cars and industrial machinery but you have to learn the ropes here and be patient because one good deal could put a lot of money in your pocket.

Other opportunities:
if you are a good barber, you can barb students cheaper than what they pay outside, students are looking for cheap things. if you are good photographer, photography will pay you well. Another sweet way to earn passive income is to have a photocopying machine, students can photocopy everything, even laptops! Lol. there also an opportunity through selling A4 papers.

Another good way of making money on campus is by doing laundry for your schoolmates and doing it very well by employing & adequately supervising the laundryman.

If you have a passion for this service business you can grow it to a multi-purpose dry cleaning enterprise after graduation.

One of the surest way to make money is to b hav a handwork e.g. making shoes beads, soaps ,perfume etc.

Warning!
Some gurus are only after getting N7500, N5000 or N3500 from you in exchange for some rubbish latest internet money making ebooks. Folks, If the business you are planning to venture into is internet-related, please make sure the following are on ground or on their way before you start anything or else you`ll waste your energy, time, feeding money and go home crying with an empty pocket.

1) A laptop - do not use a cyber-cafe, i repeat, do not use a cyber-cafe and don`t even bother buying a desktop computer. Laptops are no longer expensive nowadays.

2) A modem/ good internet connection - after purchasing a modem, unlock it and get access to use 3 networks. You can later upgrade your connection.

Final Warning: Beware Of Scammers.

please am good in writing articles but i don,t see as a business until u mentioned it how does it work please give me d appropriate site tnx bro
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by Businessinfo(m): 11:23am On Jan 04, 2014
Okay.

My name is kelvin.

I would be glad to help the OP, because i will post all my campus business ideas here for others who are willing to venture into them.

It would be of a greater interest, if you will take your time to examine my sentence/phrase carefully, because i also invest alot of time and thinking before writting this post.

( pardon me, because i am typing a little bit fast, incase of any detected grammatical errors)

I wish to compliment or congratulate the OP for the self willingness to elevate his/her current financial status, even as an undergraduate.
There are numerous business one can venture into while in the university, and i will try my best to state them one after the other with full information about them.

1) selling of wears:
Currently, the high rate of fashion have blossom to international scale in Nigeria, therefore elevating the country to the leading throne.

Girls love fashion/accessories, and research shows that 99% of African, espcially Nigeria, would rather spend more money on fashion than other economical factors, or personal needs. So venturing into fashion and accesories selling is very good, and it is very easy and stressfree.
But ensure to purchase your wears from a dealer/importer.

For example:

Ladies trouser 800naira from an importer,
Resell the trouser at 1,500, with the gain of 700naira.

Assuming you purchased 200 female trousers 800X200=160,000.
And you resell at 1500X200=300,000
Minus your capital=160,000, you will be earning 140,000 in two weeks , depending on your effort to succeed.

2) Photography:
In various campus, they need to snap pictures and passport. Imagine the big fish coming soon, as so many new student would be celebrating their matriculation soon, you can start making money snapping pictures, and taking 1minute passport for them, and ensure to make your service more easier and affordable

3) Photocopy:
Although laptop is rampant every where, but believe me, not every student have the money to purchase one, and even though they can buy a laptop, they cannot miraculously print their assignment /projects out without a printer, so i would advice you to invest your money in this sector and thrive hard to get more customers, within few space of time,you will be earning enough money to take care of the whole family. Remember we are living in the world of technology.

4) Phone/Accessories:
This is the most common but lucrative, although not suitable for student.

5) provision store/food store:
Human have to survive with food.
Students prefer easy things.
Therefore, you can start up a small provision/food store closer to a highly populated student area, and watch your financial standard expanding.

6) Effort matters alot:
Learn this simple principles:
Strive hard, work hard, learn hard, determination, focus, and succeed in life

7) pray to God for success:
Without God, all things are imposible.

Mr Kelvin
MD/CEO
Of
Fashionstar limited
Awka store
Star salon
Star phone world
Star cosmetics.

1 Like

Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by ewizard1: 12:24pm On Jan 04, 2014
I make Custom tees/wristbands for Schools / Events.
Corporate Branding for Firms...
Also Computer Geeking!
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by PeetaBishop(m): 12:27pm On Jan 04, 2014
[color=#990000][/color] I want to open a business in school too but I have no capital... I attend Uniport, anybody willing to help me with the capital I need, will get 50% of the bonus during the first 6 months. Contact me on peetabishop@gmail.com or call me on 08146649017. God bless the OP.
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by ndavids5(m): 12:57pm On Jan 04, 2014
Pls am also interested, if anyone has useful info pls foward it to my mail box: odilife@yahoo.com. Tnx in advance.
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by jackles: 1:23pm On Jan 04, 2014
you could deal on bulk sms
www.jacklesms.com has a good platform you can come under.
they sell sms @N1 per sms and you could resell as much as N3.

you could also have a website of your own for just N10,000

Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by jackles: 1:26pm On Jan 04, 2014
you could deal on bulk sms
@N1 per sms and you could resell as much as N3.
u can get started on jacklesms.com
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by olamide210: 1:45pm On Jan 04, 2014
Scamming

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 04, 2014
eagerald: Well, am a student and I won't lie to you. Provisions are the best selling items on campus. Dependin on skul, cos if u wan sell kerosine for oau. You no go sell. At the beginning of d semester. Stationaries do sell, food stuff doesn't really sell because everyone don't mind going outside to eat. After 1week, it's tym for food stuff, fast food like indomie, egg, well pure water if d water supply is bad, bread, sugar, #20 milk, milo, groundnut, kuli kuli, and some other cheap provision. U could step up ur game, by going into selling garri, rice, beans, and those kind tinz u know studen wud like. Well, of all, my favorite is indomie and egg. Egg is like meat for most student, indomie is a quick food, I wake up late or am in a rush and I need to cook anything, indomie comes to my mind. I hope this is helpful. Well, all I said requires little capital, unless u wanna do step 2, d rice n co. Thank u
Thanks dear,but I av a lot of peeps selling dat on my block already.
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jan 04, 2014
IYA NGBALI: she no fit do that o,you need to see the number of Carry Overs on her head
Who told u dat u av carryovers? Stop using urself as an example nt evry1 is like u!
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jan 04, 2014
try snooker
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 04, 2014
solelymade:
Hi Funmi,I'm a student of OAU like u are so inclind towards startting a business on campus or Ife environ. we can pool resources together andmake things happen big. Asoy2k@yahoo.co.uk
Hi dear,I sent u a mail already. Kindly reply
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jan 04, 2014
Pls dis is for evry1 who has bn trying 2 send me an email on nairaland,I only saw ur notifications but I can't access d mail. U can reach me directly on cutechickshady@yahoo.com. Thanks
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 04, 2014
Get Access to 20 most sought after hot information products?!
you do not need countless eBooks to make a meaningful,
monthly income stream online!

all you ever needed was the best that builds the foundation
of money making tactics via the internet. Neither do you
need endless marketing hypes upon hypes to breakthrough.
Newbies can make their first cash online in less
than 14 days by simply mastering the basic skill required.
For more details visit:My Signature Features.
Re: Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? by myhelper: 4:50pm On Jan 04, 2014
According to a post I read on BusinessMatter, there are over 20 lucrative business you can start as a student with little capital. Here are the list and the step by step procedure http://business-matter.com/2013/09/10-profitable-business-opportunities-start-nigeria-requires-capital/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Business I Can Start With 400k In Lagos / What Otedola Could Have Done With N5 Billion Donation To Cuppy Foundation / Adama Indimi & Husband Prince Malik Loved Up Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.