Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,469 members, 7,808,688 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

How Do You Deal With Post HIV Result Emotional Turmoil - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do You Deal With Post HIV Result Emotional Turmoil (573 Views)

Dr. Paul Orhii Leaves NAFDAC In An Emotional Ceremony (photos / Women How Do You Deal With Period Pain? / How Do You Deal With Your Pimples? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Deal With Post HIV Result Emotional Turmoil by bugativeron: 9:47am On Jan 03, 2014
Today I am going in for hiv test after recommendation from a govt hospital doctor. I have had to deal with skin issues of recent that persistently refused to go after both local and orthodox medicine. My got feeling is that it may be positive. How do I manage my emotion, considering my young family and my loving wife. Pls your advice.
Re: How Do You Deal With Post HIV Result Emotional Turmoil by cherriex(f): 2:09pm On Jan 03, 2014
With proper counselling your worries will be less d only problem u may encouter is disclosure to ur partner and hw she will take d news if u happen to be positive.
1.govt hospital usually do counselling before testin which will help enlighten on so many issues like d virus itself,ur consent on d test,hw to live a healthy life if positive nd so many oda things.
2.u will be encouraged to bring ur wife for counselling to help both of u plan and to help her in the acceptance phase.
Whatever the result may be jst knw dat its nothing like before.am a counsellor nd I wish I can counsel bt I cnt type much.keep hope alive.wat kills is ur state of mind.
Re: How Do You Deal With Post HIV Result Emotional Turmoil by bugativeron: 4:31pm On Jan 03, 2014
@cherriex thanks for your response. It was just the way you described it. But I am happy to inform you that it came out negative. Regards
Re: How Do You Deal With Post HIV Result Emotional Turmoil by cherriex(f): 5:39pm On Jan 03, 2014
bugativeron: @cherriex thanks for your response. It was just the way you described it. But I am happy to inform you that it came out negative. Regards

Thanks to God,nw its all abt prevention nd protection of self nd family.wish u all d best.

(1) (Reply)

Why Ladies Keep Under Arms Hairs / Having Trouble Getting A Good Night Rest? See These Tips That Helped Me... / American Woman With Ebola Is Smiling’, Says Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.