Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

Should I Get A Mortgage In The UK Or Should I Build My House In Nigeria? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Should I Get A Mortgage In The UK Or Should I Build My House In Nigeria? (451 Views)

See The Big Reptile Killed Beside My House This Afternoon / This Man Kills Big Water Python In His House In Lagos At Midnight (photos) / Found This In Front Of My House. What Is It Called In Your Local Dialect?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should I Get A Mortgage In The UK Or Should I Build My House In Nigeria? by Sunnyglass: 1:32pm On Jan 03, 2014
Hello people,

I have £24000 in my savings account, and I am a tenant in the UK. I want to be my own Landlord, so the question is, should I get a mortgage which will consume all my saving when my deposit, stamp duty and legal fees are paid? Benefit is that I will own my house, albeit I am at the mercy of my mortgage lender. With 10% deposit, I don't have much equity and I own 10% of my home in reality.

Should I build a nice 3 bedroom bungalow in Nigeria? Benefit is that I will be a home owner, but I am not sure when I would return to Nigeria to settle. I have a difficult decision to make.

I don't have access to any other money, so I cannot afford to do both at the same time.

What should I do now?
Re: Should I Get A Mortgage In The UK Or Should I Build My House In Nigeria? by khadupsie(f): 2:26pm On Jan 03, 2014
I will say build in Nigeria, rent it out since you dont knw when you are coming back to naija. At least you know u have something tangible back here. Then you can use ur returns from naija to get mortgage in Uk.

Renting in Uk is way better, especially when you get a reliable person to share the house with..

(1) (Reply)

Do You Have What It Takes? Gulder Ultimate Search Presents “the Mission” / Police Nab Cleric Preparing Concoction With Placenta / U.S. Conducts Airstrikes On ISIS In Iraq

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.