Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,781 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 (35218 Views)

Defection: Bianca Ojukwu Lambasts Peter Obi, Shuns Ex-gov In Netherlands / Chime Swears In New Dep Gov In Enugu,says We Have Just Replaced A Bad Spark Plug / ‘why Igbo Should Produce Lagos Deputy Gov In 2015’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by Tantoo: 11:10pm On Jan 03, 2014
atlwireles:

I beg to disagree big time. Pat Utomi is a talking head of the civil liberty groups in Nigeria. The only company I know he worked with was VW and a failed bank. Please tell me any other successful venture Utomi is associated with. What policy has he formulated? We know deltans involved in public policy in this country, Utomi is not one of them. He belongs to the groups of [I am against it, but they never tell you what they support]. Beside working for IBB and enjoying free air force plane rides in 90s, what public policy are you talking about.

Well, Lagos Business school for one. A bit more on his credentails if you wish

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Utomi

Not like some failed doctor who was sacked from some steel company in Delta state
Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by omerihe: 11:13pm On Jan 03, 2014
Pat. Utomi should go and sit down! Power destroys those who don't have it.
Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by Tantoo: 11:14pm On Jan 03, 2014
precious00:
Dat is the man i suspect or senator authur okowa.....

Both are of no use to Delta people, they are cut from the same Foul Smelling PDP cloth. Deltan's must now start thinking Post PDP. we are far better than being held hostage for 14yrs by a useless party
Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by paj4love: 11:28pm On Jan 03, 2014
Diasporan: One thing i know for sure is that the present Governor in Delta state will hand over to someone from Anioma and like i said earlier on the likely person to be is the present Speaker RT.Hon.Victor Ochie.Anyone in doubt of this my comment should bookmark it for future reference and for those comparing Delta and Edo state i think they really need their head examined.Aside Benin city where in Edo state can match places like Warri,Sapele,Ughelli and Oghara?The most developed places in Edo state like Auchi,Ekpoma can only be compared to Agbor.

guy you are right ,apart from benin edo state is a big mess
Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by eminikansoso(m): 11:28pm On Jan 03, 2014
[quote author=Garri the 1st]

Why are you hypocrites feigning surprise??

Did you expect the ethnic politics to stop with Ngige??

Can't you see that Utomi has joined the party of Awolowo the number one enemy of Ndigbo??[m/quote]
Is delta state part of Igbo Land.
Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jan 03, 2014
willibounce: It's a pity that ppl from that side of the country are too backward to support intellectuals. They are allergic to intelligent ppl. They would rather support rascals n thugs who knw next to nothing about leadership. If u are not a hopeless and senseless thug, u can't get the support of d ppl frm tht side. Pat Utomi should have come from a better part of Nigeria.

Why didn't that better part produce Pat Utomi? When are we gonna stop this stupidity? Yet we cry one Nigeria, at every opportunity.
Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jan 03, 2014
his winning will be a walkover tongue
Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by igboboy1(m): 11:38pm On Jan 03, 2014
walex_biz: Why do you Igbos like clinging to the Niger delta as if you own it, when we all know that you are minority there. Utomi has chosen to side with progressives and I don't see anything wrong in that. Lets Imagine that Tinubu is a thief even though we have no fact to criminalize him but one thing remains outstanding is the fact that he Is more honorable than Jonathan.

why do you yorubas like to shook your mouth in Niger Delta affairs? Uduaghan don mortgage our future to OBJ farms, that one never do una reach?
Oando oil, akajaku and other yoruba oil magnates have been raping us in the Niger delta of our oil... Abeggi wale shift left, una don suffer us reach..

Bunch of cowards and saboteurs you guys are. How?

Obj ruled 8 yrs with heavy support from the rest of the south. No southerner tried to undermine him
Now we have Bros J (which i think is not the messiah), na now yoruba want to switch party line, and all to undermine him.

The principle in naija is chop i chop...but for you guys is chop and nothing for you....
You guys dont know how to pay back support. always undermining

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by seangy4konji: 11:52pm On Jan 03, 2014
who is delta>is dat a friend to romeo and kilo?
Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by OneNaira6: 12:06am On Jan 04, 2014
precious00:
ure wrong wokem, urhobos are more dan we the anioma's...
we might have a little edge in d academic aspect...
culturally i dont believe it is proper to say a culture is dorminant over anoda

My Guy STFU. it's Obvious As Daylight That You're Not Anioma Or From Delta. I Don't Know Why You APC Rats Always Crawl Out With Fake IDs Whenever You People Want To Promote This Your Useless Party. Mtcheww
Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by OneNaira6: 12:09am On Jan 04, 2014
willibounce: It's a pity that ppl from that side of the country are too backward to support intellectuals. They are allergic to intelligent ppl. They would rather support rascals n thugs who knw next to nothing about leadership. If u are not a hopeless and senseless thug, u can't get the support of d ppl frm tht side. Pat Utomi should have come from a better part of Nigeria.

Yes The Better Part Of Nigeria That Brought The Likes Of Obasanjo,FFK, Tinubu Or Maybe You Meant The Ones That Brought The Likes Of IBB Abacha, Buhari, Etc. All Hail The "Better" Parts Of Nigeria. Mtchewww. Nkita

3 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by step1: 12:11am On Jan 04, 2014
One_Naira:
Yes The Better Part Of Nigeria That Brought The Likes Of Obasanjo,FFK, Tinubu Or Maybe You Meant The Ones That Brought The Likes Of IBB Abacha, Buhari, Etc. All Hail The "Better" Parts Of Nigeria. Mtchewww. Nkita
or nnamdi azikwe, Jonathan azikwe, ironsi etc
Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by tonychristopher: 12:16am On Jan 04, 2014
maximunimpact:

U must be an Imbec'ile to call deltans ndigbo, point of correction delta is not and can nva be part of ndigbo. We ar very different, we have outgrown igbo blind politics of us vs them, we have grown up to be part of a global phenomenon, not d politics igbo play, a core tribal politics, dats y ndigbo always get zero wen it comes to national politics. If Utomi decide to join APC and contest 4 delta golden seat, deltans will nva reject because of APC d way anambra did Ngige. But dats not my problem, d isue is nva integrate delta with ndiugbo, we are not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SON

IT IS SO UNFORTUNATE THAT THE EFFORTS AND SEMEN USED IN UR CONCEPTION IS JUST WASTED. I THINK U SHOULD HAVE BEEN ABORTED.

PAT UTOMI IS A STRONG MEMBER OF OHANEZE NDIGBO..

WITH ALL YOUR SOPHISTICATION HOW FAR HAVE YOU FARED IN THE HANDS OF ISTEHEKIRI,IJAW AND URHOBO,WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR ANIOMA STATE PIPE DREAM

KEEP PLAYING OSTRICH SON

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by OneNaira6: 12:22am On Jan 04, 2014
solomon111: Delta state wants to diversify her economy.
The best person to achieve that is pat utomi.
The party he contest in is irrelevant especially in Nigeria where the political parties are mere temporary abodes in the preservation of personal interest.
Deltans should be wise.

No, The Party He Contest With Is Very Much Relevant. I Agree With You That Utomi Is The Best Thing Delta Needs Right Now. Utomi Can Achieve Wonders In Delta But The Godfathers In His Party Can Easily Manipulate Him. In As Much As I Like Utomi, Going By His Behaviors I've Seen Utomi Is Too Kind Hearted And Too DocileNot To Fall For Tinubu And His Likes Manipulation. No Offense But Delta Does Not Need That Tinubu's Hand In Its Cookie Jar.
Also, Judging From The Behavior And words Of Okorocha And Amaechi, That Political Party Would Corrupt Utomi's Mind. No offense But The Type Of Words Coming Out Of Those Two Mouths recently Best Fit Your Ika People, Not Us. I Don't Want To Wake Up One Day And Hear That An Oshimili Man Started A SS Vs SE BS And To Make Matter Worse, Utomi Is That Man. Maba Nu. That's More Of An Ika Thing. No offense Again.
Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by OneNaira6: 12:24am On Jan 04, 2014
tonychristopher:

SON

IT IS SO UNFORTUNATE THAT THE EFFORTS AND SEMEN USED IN UR CONCEPTION IS JUST WASTED. I THINK U SHOULD HAVE BEEN ABORTED.

PAT UTOMI IS A STRONG MEMBER OF OHANEZE NDIGBO..

WITH ALL YOUR SOPHISTICATION HOW FAR HAVE YOU FARED IN THE HANDS OF ISTEHEKIRI,IJAW AND URHOBO,WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR ANIOMA STATE PIPE DREAM

KEEP PLAYING OSTRICH SON

If You Bothered For One Sec To Look At The guy's Past Post, You Would Have Noticed The Man Is A Yoruba Doing What TheyDo Best Therefore Your Attack On Anioma Was Uncalled For
Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by OneNaira6: 12:34am On Jan 04, 2014
atlwireles:

Between Dr Okowa, Victor Ochei, Sam Obi the Aniomas political giants are known in the state. I have to disagree with the Elders supporting him. Please don't forget, this is delta state. Utomi will not win an election against those three names in the Northern zone. About not being corrupt, I will leave that discussion for a later day. Just the name APC is enough to send 90% of the voters in Central and Southern zones running away.

Please In Terms Of Leadership Those Three Have Nothing Compared To Utomi. They Might.Be More Popular him Than But Should We Base The DevelopmentOf delta In Just A Mere Popularity Contest? I've Read Your Replies And One Thing I Noticed Is That Even If Utomi Decamps To PDP Tomorrow, You Still Wouldn't Want Him. Its Not Because You're Against His Policy But Because He Lived Most Of His Life In Lagos. Contributed More To The Development Of Lagos Than Delta Therefore, I Won't Fault You. You're Entitled To That Opinion But I Do Believe You Are Making A Big Mistake By Counting Him Out Simply Because Of That.
Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by Nobody: 12:34am On Jan 04, 2014
Carlmax:

You just made Utomi or any Delta Igbo for dat matter lose my vote..!

Did that man speak for Pat Utomi? Don't go down the same road as those tribalistic people. Vote for the best man, irrespective of tribe or religion. Good governance is all we need. Stay blessed.
Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by atlwireles: 12:43am On Jan 04, 2014
One_Naira:

Please In Terms Of Leadership Those Three Have Nothing Compared To Utomi. They Might.Be More Popular him Than But Should We Base The DevelopmentOf delta In Just A Mere Popularity Contest? I've Read Your Replies And One Thing I Noticed Is That Even If Utomi Decamps To PDP Tomorrow, You Still Wouldn't Want Him. Its Not Because You're Against His Policy But Because He Lived Most Of His Life In Lagos. Contributed More To The Development Of Lagos Than Delta Therefore, I Won't Fault You. You're Entitled To That Opinion But I Do Believe You Are Making A Big Mistake By Counting Him Out Simply Because Of That.

If Utomi decamps to PDP and he gets the ticket, I will vote for him. I will not support him in a PDP primary. My vote is with Victor as of now. I cannot vote for anybody APC in delta, not even my father.

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by Nobody: 1:16am On Jan 04, 2014
Iriruaga100: Please create a thread so we can compare infrastructural development between edo nd delta.Abi do want me to mention d abandoned hospital at sapele rd,mission rd nd airport rd?

There's no way I can believe that Edo people and their Delta cousins are fighting over which state is more developed or advanced. Wow! How then do we expect the rest of the tribes in naija to treat one another fairly and with respect? Shame on us as a people.
Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by funshint(m): 1:37am On Jan 04, 2014
The Igbos have gradually infected them with their poisonous seed of tribalism. SMH!!!
Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by cuteboy2: 1:53am On Jan 04, 2014
Nashville: Pat Utomi is one of the brightest minds this country has at the moment. I hope he wins. But for a state that has elected criminals such as James Ibori and Emmanuel Uduaghan, it is going to be tough. But hope he can learn something from Rochas and spring a surprise victory.

Bright in theoretical economics at his LBS? yes. Putting those theories to practice? No. If he was that good in running a business concern, VON could not have collapsed so dramatically under his watch. I know people will jump at me blaming harsh govt policies. My answer: NTM Bauchi, Anamco Enugu are still in business. More recently, Innoson has set up a vehicle assembly plant at Nnewi assemblying buses and trucks. They must know something about running businesses, that Prof Utomi doesn't.

Same logic applies to Utomi's political theories.
You are very correct about the political sharks on ground in Delta state, and the state's legendary violatile ethnic politics.

Having said that, I believe he will still be 100 times better than the current blight called Uduaghan.

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by precious00: 2:49am On Jan 04, 2014
One_Naira:

My Guy STFU. it's Obvious As Daylight That You're Not Anioma Or From Delta. I Don't Know Why You APC Rats Always Crawl Out With Fake IDs Whenever You People Want To Promote This Your Useless Party. Mtcheww
i am from umudaike village of ugbomanta quarters of asaba, oshimili south lga, olarewanju is my present lga chairman....abi make i scan my local govt identification letter give u.....my mama na from Agidi-Ase quarters of ogwashi-uku, aniocha south....who are u u must be a trader who just learnt how to use the internet courtsey of a youth empowerment program...Get lost
Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by akposking(m): 3:58am On Jan 04, 2014
One_Naira: Nigeria’s second largest party, the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) or the mega opposition party expected to emerge from ongoing merger talks between the country’s major opposition parties.

He had unsuccessfully run as president on the platform of African Democratic Congress (2007) and Social Democratic Mega Party (2011) but joined ACN last year after discussions with the party’s leader, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, who has led ACN to successfully retake the South-West from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in addition to taking Edo in the South-South and making incursions into the country’s South-East.

Utomi is the second Nigerian presidential candidate in recent memory to scale down his ambition to that of governor, the first being Owelle Rochas Okorocha, who last year successfully sought to rule Imo State after failed attempts at the country’s presidency.

Utomi’s candidacy is being promoted by his Anioma kinsfolk who believe that he has bright chances of victory when incumbent Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan finishes his second and final term in 2015.

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/prof-utomi-to-run-as-delta-gov-in-2015/
Delta state is my state, ACN go am solidly behind you.
Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by Sheggy13(m): 4:11am On Jan 04, 2014
igbo boy:

why do you yorubas like to shook your mouth in Niger Delta affairs? Uduaghan don mortgage our future to OBJ farms, that one never do una reach?
Oando oil, akajaku and other yoruba oil magnates have been raping us in the Niger delta of our oil... Abeggi wale shift left, una don suffer us reach..

Bunch of cowards and saboteurs you guys are. How?

Obj ruled 8 yrs with heavy support from the rest of the south. No southerner tried to undermine him
Now we have Bros J (which i think is not the messiah), na now yoruba want to switch party line, and all to undermine him.

The principle in naija is chop i chop...but for you guys is chop and nothing for you....
You guys dont know how to pay back support. always undermining
They don't know how to pay back support yet they wrestled with the Northern hierarchy who tried to still hang on to a dying Yar'Adua, voted en masse for GEJ in 2011 despite voting in ACN in other positions. When they discovered they mistook GEJ to be someone that would look beyond ethno-centric party politics in his dealings by virtue of divine providence and colossal support; and doesn't have the interest of their region at heart, they had to jump ship, simples.The bigoted ones amongst the people of SE should please leave Deltans to choose who they want. Don't import your tribal and clannish politics of hate, bitterness, intolerance and us vs them mentality there please. You have no stakes there. "Awolowo" and "Amala and Ewedu" party my foot.

2 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by Nobody: 5:08am On Jan 04, 2014
Tantoo:

My brother my conscience is clear, unfortunately you need to be very concerned because when we win, and I know the sleeping people of Delta state will wake up, the likes of you who has survived on croniesm will have no place in a modern progressvie delta state, inclusive of everyones development, not divisive like your PDP

After all Bad govenment get expiry date, and the time is coming.

Bro, why are you people so fixated on Gen. Buhari? Aren't these old cargoes tired of oppressing Nigerians? It has been 31 yrs since he first became head of state.

If he's all APC has to offer, then they might as well say goodbye to the presidency before the election.

PDP is corrupt, yes . Yet their corrupt members are being wooed and welcomed into APC, doesn't it make APC corrupt ?

These thieves take Nigerians for a ride. You know what? Nigerians are actually riding along blindly.

If Buhari at about 80yrs old, is the hope of naija, then there's no hope at all. Even if he is the most honest nigerian, his time has simply elapsed. Let Buhari play the role of a king-maker. He can chose Fash, Amaechi, Rochas, Ngige, tambuwal, El-Rufai and co.

As long as Buhari still presents himself as a candidate for APC, the party will never be seen as truly progressive, no matter how much they want us to believe that it is.

Me I no dey for party. I dey for the individual candidate. The political and social agenda of all these parties are one and the same. Self serving, at best .
Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by stinggy(m): 5:36am On Jan 04, 2014
paj4love:

guy you are right ,apart from benin edo state is a big mess
Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by globatop: 5:49am On Jan 04, 2014
Am surprised at the position of Igbo members on this forum on APC.
Not in this century should we still be playing regional politics, APC is a national party like PDP, Bola Tinubu is just a single individual in that party like any other person. The score card of ACN is better than that of PDP, it is only enemy of progress that will prefer PDP to APC judging from developmental projects going on in southwest states controlled by ACN. My take is, if APC could capture states in other regions, such developmental projects could be replicated all over Nigeria.
Its time to look beyond ethnic background of any political party, rather focus on the pedigree of aspirants, with the performance level in ACN, no governor from APC would want to under perform.
And if u must know, other party has their own vices, don't kill APC because of mere individuals

Bola Tinubu might be a thieve in Ur own view, but he has used his loot to liberate his pple from the clutches of PDP, if your state could contribute to his course, Ur youth will remain in Ur state rather than come to develop southwest and say it is no man's land.

It is time for Igbo nation to change their ethnic sentiment if they will ever produce Nigeria President. Whatever happened between Awolowo and Zik should be history by now, after all Hubert Marcauly was a Yoruba indigene he handed mantel of his party leadership to Zik.
Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by stinggy(m): 5:50am On Jan 04, 2014
One_Naira:

No, The Party He Contest With Is Very Much Relevant. I Agree With You That Utomi Is The Best Thing Delta Needs Right Now. Utomi Can Achieve Wonders In Delta But The Godfathers In His Party Can Easily Manipulate Him. In As Much As I Like Utomi, Going By His Behaviors I've Seen Utomi Is Too Kind Hearted And Too DocileNot To Fall For Tinubu And His Likes Manipulation. No Offense But Delta Does Not Need That Tinubu's Hand In Its Cookie Jar.
Also, Judging From The Behavior And words Of Okorocha And Amaechi, That Political Party Would Corrupt Utomi's Mind. No offense But The Type Of Words Coming Out Of Those Two Mouths recently Best Fit Your Ika People, Not Us. I Don't Want To Wake Up One Day And Hear That An Oshimili Man Started A SS Vs SE BS And To Make Matter Worse, Utomi Is That Man. Maba Nu. That's More Of An Ika Thing. No offense Again.

my questions are- Is Oshiomole performing or not? & How hasn't he bn corrupted by APC?
Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by ROMENOUN: 6:19am On Jan 04, 2014
good for him
Re: Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 by Pontaboki: 7:18am On Jan 04, 2014
Which Rochas,you have finally gone mad for saying this!!!
munky: I think we have a long way to go in Nigeria. So just because Utomi is a member of ACN, then he is an efulefu. By the way, is Delta State part of Igboland? at least listen to his plan and policies before castigating him. Nnamdi Azikiwe won elections in the old western region based on his oratory and political skills.

The civil war happened 40 years ago, its time we moved on. I am an igbo man and the truth is that Yorubas and Igbos are very much alike in their aspirations. we all want to live peacefully, make money, enjoy life and be merry. So why all the politics of rancour.

In Anambra state, the town where the state university is located is in perpetual darkness. Igbariam is not even connected to the national grid. students live solely on generators. This can never happen in the south west. And they have a Governor. Dr chris ngige is not a saint, so am not going into whether he should win or not. However, the people should vote for policies and manifesto and not propaganda.

In Abia state, the clown in the government house is a monumental failure. He is enjoying himself because he is in PDP. Rochas is trying his best, the only governor in the southeast to declare free education. Even the great Zik didnt do that. Still, hes been castigated because he joined APC. Ebonyi state is never in the news, the state is one of the worst in Nigeria based on Human Development Index but the governor is not troubled because he is in PDP.

Enugu state governor is a good example of a performing governor that quietly goes about his business.

my point is judge Amechi, Ngige, Rochas, Utomi and the rest based on their policies, dreams, aspirations and achievements.

Even Mandela forgave his white oppressors for the good of South Africa.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Doyin Okupe Shares A Photo Of Himself 'floating' In Water'-read His Comment / Breaking News: Kogi State Is Under Attack Right Now. DSS Office Under Siege! / Governor Fayose, Others Risk Jail For Campaign Billboards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.