Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,697 members, 7,802,053 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

Heard Of The Disease Chikungunya? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Heard Of The Disease Chikungunya? (777 Views)

Nigeria Continues To Battle Ebola While Chikungunya Virus Breaks Out In The U.S / Doctors On High Alert: Mosquito Tests Positive For Chikungunya In Harris County / Doctors In U.S. On High Alert For Chikungunya Virus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Heard Of The Disease Chikungunya? by Superclem(m): 4:22am On Jan 04, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]Chikungunya: Another Mosquito situation

Tweets from the official account of the World Health Organization (WHO) have been flooding my Twitter timeline. A particular topic caught my interest. Tweets about a disease called 'Chikungunya' were difficult to ignore. Maybe it's the name, quite funny, chikungunya , couldn't help laughing. Sounds like something from Naruto. When I saw a tweet that said it was transmitted by mosquito bites, I got even more interested. Mosquito is a vector we Africans, Nigerians know very well, in fact, Chief Amos Quito na our padi. Who never get malaria before? Walk into any hospital and half the patients are being treated for malaria, another mosquito transmitted pathology.

So curiosity got the better of me, and I did a little research on this disease. With reliable information (avoid hoaxes, trust only reliable sources) sourced from the WHO and the CDC USA, I was able to come up with an article on this interesting disease.
Re: Heard Of The Disease Chikungunya? by Superclem(m): 4:23am On Jan 04, 2014
Re: Heard Of The Disease Chikungunya? by slap1(m): 4:33am On Jan 04, 2014
The disease sounds Tanzanian.
Re: Heard Of The Disease Chikungunya? by Superclem(m): 4:34am On Jan 04, 2014
slap1: The disease sounds Tanzanian.
it's actually coined from around that region.

(1) (Reply)

Why Ebola Importer Patrick Sawyer Deliberately Travelled To Nigeria - Wife / Who Bring Ebola To Nigeria? Labaran Maku Or Partrick Sawyer / 10 Tips To Lose Weight Without Exercise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.