Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,828 members, 7,806,326 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:48 PM

Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? (36424 Views)

Reasons Why Ladies Like Sex But Pretend They Hate It In Relationships / Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships / Suspected Attitude Of Each Dude/lady In The Romance Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by sexylogan(m): 8:09am On Jan 04, 2014
I have had discussions with several of my female acquaintances and work colleagues over the issue of the "Responsibilities" of a boyfriend in a relationship and to my dismay, almost all had the same beliefs. Most of them believed that their boyfriends wer the ones saddled with the responsibilities of

-paying for their new hair-do

-buying them new fones

-sending them airtime regularly

-giving them monetry allowances

-buying them clothes and shoes....etc

The list is endless.

Most even argued that if he (their bf) wants them to look good, he must be ready to spend.

In my mind i was like "WTF!" isnt that their father's responsibilty?

The only exceptions i came across were some of the ladies who were raised abroad and a few who were born in upper class families.

Those ones have a very different mentality. They believed that it was after getting a gud education and subsequently a gud job wud they be able to take care of themselves and buy watever they need.

The scenario got me thinking...

Is Poverty to blame for the general attitude of our naija babes or are they just Greedy?

#front-page-tingz tongue

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by idu1(m): 8:15am On Jan 04, 2014
poverty and laziness. FTC

29 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by sakaguchi(m): 8:17am On Jan 04, 2014
It depends on the type of girl you're in relationship with.
A girl working in NNPC (not the filling station oo, company executive) still looking up @ you to make her hair definitely need #JESUS. So I'll call the. ones who do this paupers.
That's your answer OP. Poverty!

This nig__gar ahead of me, what did you use the FTC to buy? Some people cef!

12 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Lovetinz(m): 8:20am On Jan 04, 2014
Its Peer pressure and ignorance.

5 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Nobody: 8:22am On Jan 04, 2014
Dependz on d girl sha,not all naija babɛs reason dat way,,,,,

26 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by kadas01(m): 8:24am On Jan 04, 2014
Both (greed and poverty)! I still believe the average Nigerian girl needs to be empowered so as to help erase this retrogressive mentality that many of them posses presently! If this can be achieved, our society would be a better place!

17 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by lilmax(m): 8:37am On Jan 04, 2014
GREED......

2 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Dubemkelly(m): 8:40am On Jan 04, 2014
Misplaced priority,not knowing wat dey want,lack of contentment,poverty,self value loss n foolishness

11 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by sexylogan(m): 8:46am On Jan 04, 2014
I agree with all the men in the house cool
Babes, una no go defend urselves? tongue
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by kindy86: 8:46am On Jan 04, 2014
all join.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Mynd44: 8:46am On Jan 04, 2014
Lovetinz: Its Peer pressure and ignorance.
It is pure ignorance and most refuse to grow out of it

2 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by feeekey(f): 8:47am On Jan 04, 2014
Sorry wats today's date?

5 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by STENON(f): 8:48am On Jan 04, 2014
Tis neither of d two....Som naija Babes lack tinkin Faculty.......D Common sense is nt common again....Instead of dem to tink of how to bcom Great in lyf...dey engage Demselves in unreasonable n Useless stuff.......Is it only until a Guy spends on u dt u can look good/Gorgeous ?....

20 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by deeplow: 8:48am On Jan 04, 2014
Neither of the two,it is plainly due to wrong orientation and upbringing. I know a girl who is from a wealthy family,and still believes a guy must give her everything. I asked her why,she said that is how it should be,and that's what her mother told her.

At the same time,you'll see girls who are from families where they barely can afford 3 square meals, that still believe a boyfriend isn't their saviour from poverty.

Would we say greed and poverty is responsible for Armed robbery? If so,80% of Nigerians would be thieves.

56 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by carammel(f): 8:48am On Jan 04, 2014
dzeeny: Dependz on d girl sha,not all naija babɛs reason dat way,,,,,
Let them know,thank you. smiley

4 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Nobody: 8:53am On Jan 04, 2014
Abeg I won take loan,who fit borrow me?

2 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by sexylogan(m): 8:53am On Jan 04, 2014
carammel:

I never said all but most. No man alive wants to be with a leech.

5 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Nobody: 8:54am On Jan 04, 2014
feeekey: Sorry wats today's date?
l0l. . .u n0 geh w0rk o0

2 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Nobody: 8:57am On Jan 04, 2014
deeplow: Neither of the two,it is plainly due to wrong orientation and upbringing. I know a girl who is from a wealthy family,and still believes a guy must give her everything. I asked her why,she said that is how it should be,and that's what her mother told her.

At the same time,you'll see girls who are from families where they barely can afford 3 square meals, that still believe a boyfriend isn't their saviour from poverty.

Would we say greed and poverty is responsible for Armed robbery? If so,80% of Nigerians would be thieves.
well said br0.... (ah juz hd 2 quote it all, n0 vex abq)
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Nobody: 8:58am On Jan 04, 2014
carammel:
ur wlcm. . .aw u dɛy na
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Nobody: 9:00am On Jan 04, 2014
lynpetra: Abeg I won take loan,who fit borrow me?
lyk aw much u nid??
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Mynd44: 9:02am On Jan 04, 2014
deeplow: Neither of the two,it is plainly due to wrong orientation and upbringing. I know a girl who is from a wealthy family,and still believes a guy must give her everything. I asked her why,she said that is how it should be,and that's what her mother told her.

Which is why I said it is ignorance. If you are miseducated, it is the same as ignorance and if society teaches you something that is wrong, you have a choice of educating yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Nobody: 9:05am On Jan 04, 2014
dzeeny:
lyk aw much u nid??

Like 4 million.If you get reach 5 I go take. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Nobody: 9:09am On Jan 04, 2014
lynpetra:

lma0. . . Shey ma fada na p0litician... 0lɛ

5 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by xynerise: 9:10am On Jan 04, 2014
lynpetra:

4million CFA franc?

1 Like

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by jaybee3(m): 9:14am On Jan 04, 2014
I'd say greed

Those in poverty don't worry about recharge card or Mongolian hair

1 Like

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Dannylux: 9:15am On Jan 04, 2014
A cursed way of reasoning passed down from generation to generation which I don't see its end coming soon.

Put it this way, they've been made to believe It's their partner's duty. Hence, why bother changing since It's been that way? - Girls

Choosing between greed and poverty. I'd choose greed.

2 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Nobody: 9:16am On Jan 04, 2014
dzeeny:
lma0. . . Shey ma fada na p0litician... 0lɛ

Must your father be a polithefianbefore you fit borrow me.
Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Nobody: 9:17am On Jan 04, 2014
xynerise:

4million CFA franc?

Well,if na dollars or pounds I fit manage am.A begger has no choice

4 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by xynerise: 9:20am On Jan 04, 2014
jay bee: I'd say greed

Those in poverty don't worry about recharge card or Mongolian hair
Mongolian hair? grin

who wants to look like Chinco?

3 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by xynerise: 9:21am On Jan 04, 2014
lynpetra:

Well,if na dollars or pounds I fit manage am.A begger has no choice
Have you seen a dollar or pound since you were born? tongue

14 Likes

Re: Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? by Nobody: 9:21am On Jan 04, 2014
lynpetra:

Must your father be a polithefianbefore you fit borrow me.
#w0rd. . . K m cmnq... Aw b bck wiv ya #4mil... Wait 1st

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Reasons You Should Get Married Later In Life / 32 Real Men - 16 Beautiful Ladies - 6 Hours. The Wooing Challenge ~ENDED~ / How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.