Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,417 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:06 PM

Why We Summoned Gov.rochas Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Summoned Gov.rochas Okorocha (1312 Views)

Saraki To VP: "I Cannot Be Summoned By A 'Mere Commissioner" - SaharaReporters / Photo Of Buhari,Gov. Rochas Okorocha And Ngige Laughing So Hard At Each Other / Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Summoned Gov.rochas Okorocha by AustineE1: 3:41pm On Jan 04, 2014
Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State is due in New Jersey/New York, USA on Saturday, 04/01/2014 to parley with Nigerians especially Imolites on the recent political development in Nigerian. He is expected to defend his defection to APC and why he thinks that APC will best serve the interest of Imo people and Nigerians. That's all for the visit.
But the people of Imo State do not see the rational for the visit if his visit is simply to sell APC considering that he did not remember Imo indigenes in diaspora when he ran for Governor in 2011. Why is it that the Governor considers it expedient to embark on such trip this time and at whose expense?  
Smart Imolites have laid ambush for him because they are not interested in APC or PDP but in good governance of their state and Nigeria. They intend to raise the bar and demand explanation on the Agbaoso hog wash impeachment saga, Award of contract to his Arab/Lebanese cronies that abandon the job soon after at the expense of indigenous contractors who are ready to do the job for our people. They will also want to know why Catholic Bishop of Owerri Archdiocese Bishop Obinna and a good number of Imo indigene are not happy with him?
Okorocha may not be able to explain the last poser. The event at National Mosque in Abuja on the 15th day of November, 2013 explains it all. Governors Okorocha, Wamako and Aliyu as well as former Governor Orji Kalu joined other Muslim faithful in a special Jumat service to welcome 18 Muslim converts mainly of Igbo extraction majority of whom came from Okorocha's Imo State.
The converts who were all male within the ages of 25 and 35 years said they accepted Islam because it is a “truthful, peaceful and charitable faith.”
Ibrahim Ukah, formerly Uchenna Ukah and a younger brother of a fellow convert, Tobechi Ukah, now Abdullahi Ukah from Imo State were the spoke persons of the new converts.
According to Leadership online, the commencement of Friday prayers at the mosque on that fateful day was unusually late as the converts were given priority when Islamic rites were administered on them for 30 minutes.
The converts were led by the NTA Owerri host of “Islamic calling in Igbo language” Alhaji Muhammad Kabir Orjiegbulam.
Governor Okorocha who spoke in Hausa described the occassion as an important turning point in the growth of Islam in the eastern heart land and later led other Governors to raise a total sum of N13m for the converts. Gov Aliyu and Wammako contributed N5m each, Okorocha N2m and Orji Kalu N1m. Other dignitaries present donated various sums but it was not clear whether the target sum of N18m meant for the 18 converts was realised.
It was alleged that Okorocha has concluded plans with his Lebanese cronies to build standard mosque in Owerri and Okigwe in Imo State.
The news of what happened at National Mosque, Abuja was agog everywhere and every other person in Imo State started grumbling. Two weeks later, Gov Okorocha joined other Catholics at Assumpta Cathederal for the commemoration of Christ the King marking the begining of season of Christmas and Advent in Catholic calendar. But Bishop Obinna gave him mouth full. He thoroughly reprimanded him for reckless use of Imo State money for selfish reasons and equally denied him the opportunity to also speak from the pulpit as privileged laity like Governor or President are occasionally allowed. The Bishop told him to learn from the experience of rejected ex Governor Ikedi Ohakim.
It is extremely difficult to discern the mindset of Gov Okorocha. Of what benefit is all these showmanship? Can Governor Wammako of Sokoto State or Gov Aliyu of Niger State come to Onitsha, worship at the Basillica of Holy Trinity and cap it with donation to Christian converts? The answer is No. Capital NO, over their dead body.
I want to believe that Islam is a good religion, but two faced sleeping muluanya is a path too dangerous and too expensive for Okorocha to follow. It long expired during the period and age of Jesus Christ and the Pharisees. One should either blow hot or cold, no lukewarm is acceptable. A typical Hausa/Fulani Moslem does not respect an Igbo man one bit even if that person converts to Islam, used all the money in the state coffers to propagate the interest of Islam. They will never trust him and many are surprised if not shocked that Okorocha at his age and experience does not understand that. If Okoroch like, let him turn Dan Anyiam Stadium to Nigeria Medina, it will not add anything to his personality, to them and in their false self righteousness, pork eating unbeliever is unbeliever, Iyamiri is Iyamiri period, the deep rooted unilateral and unwarranted  hatred is there unto eternity.
Then, why disgrace oneself, why cause pain to your people that once loved and trusted you because you want to step up to national prominence? Ask President Jonathan, Ask former President Obasanjo and they will tell you that it is God not men no matter their influence that raises Kings.
Talking of conversion to Islam, one is not perturbed because there is economic sense for a jobless youth of Igbo extraction to smile home with N1m after just 30 minutes of ceremony and exchange of banters with Governors. No doubt their body will be there but their spirit will be far away, with eyes set at the end result... the N1m cash already promised them. At the back of their mind, they appreciate that majority of Igbo traders that made it big today started with something less. That the Igbo industrious and enterprising spirit will make things happen for them. Get the cash first  and wait and see if Police will come and arrest them for not coming to Mosque thereafter.
The whole thing is comical and it is a win win situation for the converts and the facilitator Mr... sorry Alhaji Muhammed Kabir Orjiegbulam who no doubt will insist on his commission. The whole thing is a scam but in the surface it shows that the resources being spent on the  NTA sponsored program in Imo State is yielding fruits and that it is not a waste after all.
Like most Nigerian villages, I have jobless impoverished youths in my village. Impoverished not because they are not hard working but because visionless leaders in the mould of Sharia Governors as seen in the National Mosque made the widespread poverty in the land inevitable. I will get in touch with Orjiegbulam, may God spare his life not just Orji, when next such circus comes up again, I will send unemployed youths from my village. But there will be assurance that all APC Governors MUST be there. Okorocha, Wamakko and Aliyu are stingy after all it is not their personal money. It is state money, peoples money. Donation in hundreds of millions to converts next time around makes better sense. The paltry N1m per convert of Nov 15 can not pay one year Shop rent at Nkwo Nnewi or Onitsha Main Market.
However, Orjiegbulam should be commended, after all half loaf is better than none. But he should dream bigger next time.
The whole saga has its significance. It shows Ndi Imo the kind of Governor they have and what awaits them in future. That is why majority of them are unhappy with their Governor. Happy enough, they know what they should do. They can help themselves. They've done that before.
Val Iwuchukwu

2 Likes

Re: Why We Summoned Gov.rochas Okorocha by AustineE1: 3:46pm On Jan 04, 2014
How are the mighty fallen!...this is political suicide!
Re: Why We Summoned Gov.rochas Okorocha by bombay: 3:57pm On Jan 04, 2014
Arewa political party
Re: Why We Summoned Gov.rochas Okorocha by DerideGull(m): 4:02pm On Jan 04, 2014
@OP

The only project mallam Rochas Okorocha has completed in Imo State is building Mosque at the cardinal points in Owerre. At the each entrance of all the major link roads connecting Owerre, thus, Owerre/Okigwe, Owerre/Onicha, Owerre/Umuahia, Owerre/Aba and Owerre/Igwe Ocha (Port Harcourt), there is mosque. Any visitor on the first visit to Owerre will readily assume that Owerre is a town in northern region of Nigeria.
Re: Why We Summoned Gov.rochas Okorocha by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jan 04, 2014
Nonsense write-up!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why We Summoned Gov.rochas Okorocha by cumpaddre(m): 6:37pm On Jan 04, 2014
DerideGull: @OP

The only project mallam Rochas Okorocha has completed in Imo State is building Mosque at the cradial points in Owerre. At the each entrance of all the major link roads connecting Owerre, thus, Owerre/Okigwe, Owerre/Onicha, Owerre/Umuahia, Owerre/Aba and Owerre/Igwe Ocha (Port Harcourt), there is mosque. Any visitor on the first visit to Owerre will readily assume that Owerre is a town in northern region of Nigeria.
U 4got his useless bogus round-abouts .

1 Like

Re: Why We Summoned Gov.rochas Okorocha by DerideGull(m): 6:54pm On Jan 04, 2014
cumpaddre:
U 4got his useless bogus round-abouts .

The mallam has taken Imo State electorates for what they really are, fools. There is nothing such as kind-heartedness in governance. Governance is about doing what the law of land says.
Re: Why We Summoned Gov.rochas Okorocha by Longeria(m): 7:04pm On Jan 04, 2014
Any time i remember or get reminded of OKOROCHA, what comes to my mind is...................

WHY WE, THE IMOLITES.
Re: Why We Summoned Gov.rochas Okorocha by Longeria(m): 7:08pm On Jan 04, 2014
DerideGull: @OP

The only project mallam Rochas Okorocha has completed in Imo State is building Mosque at the cardinal points in Owerre. At the each entrance of all the major link roads connecting Owerre, thus, Owerre/Okigwe, Owerre/Onicha, Owerre/Umuahia, Owerre/Aba and Owerre/Igwe Ocha (Port Harcourt), there is mosque. Any visitor on the first visit to Owerre will readily assume that Owerre is a town in northern region of Nigeria.
Any time i remember or get reminded of OKOROCHA, what comes to my mind is....................

WHY WE, THE IMOLITES.
Re: Why We Summoned Gov.rochas Okorocha by johnmartus(m): 7:40pm On Jan 04, 2014
am apc supporter but am not support rocha decision its has done so foolishly imagine elected governor involved in such thing even here in my state you cannot see the governor greet the Christian either for Christmas or Easter talk less Christian invite him to any occasions or launching, donation in fact I use to laugh anytime I heard Christian covert share testimonies because they don't have a good reasonable thing to say about they are action imagine Islam is a peace religion that is absolutely rubbish liar if its Muslim covert now that Persion not free again in society with a lot of persecution just take look at the group of the peoples that attended the programs just because only 18 peoples cover to Islam if its Christian covert now they we make life unbearable for that Persion that is why am saying igbo they like money than any other thing is not the same imo state that traditional rular covert to Islam but nothing concern apc in this matter unless you seek for attention? for me I don't want to hear Christian covert because they was no rational explanation in they are actions Islam is very dirty religion that I cannot avoid the only advice I have for the igbo nation they should not allows they are daughters married this idols worshipers called Islam

1 Like

Re: Why We Summoned Gov.rochas Okorocha by MayorofLagos(m): 8:14pm On Jan 04, 2014
Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar!! Allahu Akbar!!!

We need allocations in the Imo state budget for Hajj so these converts can perform pilgrimage next year Insha Allah. Provisions should also be made in Ibo customary law to recognize their rights for 4 wives.

I congratulate all my Ibo brothers all over the world for this great news. We look forward to welcoming Biafra into the IOC in not too distant future. grin

(1) (Reply)

35 Most Powerful Militaries In The World / Underlying Motives Behind Al-makura’s Impeachment / Former Minister For Petroleum, Dr. Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.