Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,499 members, 7,808,847 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome (25641 Views)

Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Ese Walter Releases Affair Evidence With Pastor BiodunTo Respected Minister / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by SirJohn(m): 12:12pm On Mar 16, 2009
When someone does not get healed, they say you do not have faith, okay show me an example of a blind or lame man who had faith and got healed, they suddenly become dumb.

Pathological Liars!!
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by hubreality(m): 12:29pm On Mar 16, 2009
SirJohn:

When someone does not get healed, they say you do not have faith, okay show me an example of a blind or lame man who had faith and got healed, they suddenly become dumb.

Pathological Liars!!

Knowledge is Power. What you no sabi senior you, right? Jesus did not also healed 100% of sick folks in his very home. Why? their unbelief! He marvelled at their unbelief.

I can see very well that you're in 100% doubt with God's words and His abilities, and that's your problem. Not just Pastor Chris and Christ Embassy, you will equally bring in accusations and doubting questions on any believer or man of God who dare proclaims in the Power therein. I've told you, Sirjohn, award winning unbeliever of our century  grin grin grin that i do not argue nor debate God's word and the integrity of His greater works.

[b]Jesus the same yesterday, today, and forever. [/b]Hebrews 13:8. Hallelujah!
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by SirJohn(m): 12:55pm On Mar 16, 2009
You dont get me Hub, my question is: was there any sick or invalid person that jesus ministered to that didnt get completely healed but needed several weeks/months/years of faith talk to be completely healed?

There was only one such case: the blind man who said he saw men as trees when Jesus ministered to him. What did Jesus do? tell him to go home and keep saying it? NO, he laid hands on him again till the man could see crystal clear.

Yes Jesus did not heal some folks in his hometown because of unbelief, but let me ask you: Did Chris not teach that faith came with the package of salvation. If men to whom faith had not been given freely could recieve 100% healing, how much more the new creation that is a custodian of eternal verities. (according to Chris Oyakhilome)?
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by hubreality(m): 1:04pm On Mar 16, 2009
SirJohn:

You dont get me Hub, my question is: was there any sick or invalid person that jesus ministered to that didnt get completely healed but needed several weeks/months/years of faith talk to be completely healed?

There was only one such case: the blind man who said he saw men as trees when Jesus ministered to him. What did Jesus do? tell him to go home and keep saying it? NO, he laid hands on him again till the man could see crystal clear.

Yes Jesus did heal some folks in his hometown because of unbelief, but let me ask you: Did Chris not teach that faith came with the package of salvation. If men to whom faith had not been given freely could recieve 100% healing, how much more the new creation that is a custodian of eternal verities. (according to Chris Oyakhilome)?

If I may ask, what is your ultimate aim for the question?

Are you ruling faith out? If so, i wonder what have bewitched you! What a doubting question indeed.
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by ukotmi: 1:16pm On Mar 16, 2009
kiss kiss kiss kiss SirJohn take it easy. Been reading your writeups on ChristEmbassy, Pastor Chris, WOF , tithe paying  etc.
But at times I wonder wether you are writing to educate us or settling old scores lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.
Interesting, there is a ChristEmbassy Sub Group Church near my house. Many of the members live on my street and the adjoining streets. I am currently doing a detailed study on Healing School, miracles and Healings in ChristEmbassy. I want to talk to a number of people there who have gone to Healing School for healings. I have posted a short report on this on another thread.
It may take some time but I'll finish it.
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by Thadude(m): 1:30pm On Mar 16, 2009
Has pastor chris bought his own Jumbo Jet? Yeye people, followers are suffering donating their last money as tithes while the pastors grease their hair with relaxer, ride in expensive cars and fly private jets to see god.
When will my people open their eyes to truly seek GOD away from man.
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by SirJohn(m): 2:33pm On Mar 16, 2009
hubreality:

If I may ask, what is your ultimate aim for the question?

Are you ruling faith out? If so, i wonder what have bewitched you! What a doubting question indeed.

Off course I'm not ruling faith out but like I've said in several posts, faith is not always required for healings and miracles. Jesus healed so many folks who didn't express even an ounce of faith. But your pastor will have you believe that people who do not recieve their healing from the healing school lack faith.

Mr Chris is always quick to defend his inability to perform miracles by saying that Jesus didn't perform miracles in his hometown. But the Bible states that he still went ahead and healed few sick folks there. Their unbelief was not so much the problem, he still could have performed miracles there if he wanted.

Remember the case of Lazarus, Lazarus was a dead man, his sisters and relatives were faithless nonetheless, Jesus went ahead and brought him back to life. His conversation with Martha in vs 39, 40 and his prayer afterwards in verse 42 of John 11 says it all.

And I know that you hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by SirJohn(m): 2:48pm On Mar 16, 2009
ukotmi:

kiss kiss kiss kiss SirJohn take it easy. Been reading your writeups on ChristEmbassy, Pastor Chris, WOF , tithe paying etc.
But at times I wonder wether you are writing to educate us or settling old scores lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.
Interesting, there is a ChristEmbassy Sub Group Church near my house. Many of the members live on my street and the adjoining streets. I am currently doing a detailed study on Healing School, miracles and Healings in ChristEmbassy. I want to talk to a number of people there who have gone to Healing School for healings. I have posted a short report on this on another thread.
It may take some time but I'll finish it.

Would really love to hear your report, do you mind sharing?
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by skyranger: 5:08pm On Mar 16, 2009
I use to listen to his preachings about the word of God.
I adored his rich black African Afro-hair.
Honestly i have not been able to reconcile why he had to go under the dryer, i'll completely understand if his wife does go to the salon.
Still can't understand why most of Christ embassy pastors strive so hard to look like Chris or speak like him
One thing is certain, Preaching God's word is not show business,
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by zmurda(m): 5:13pm On Mar 16, 2009
I was blessed there. i went home with 2 fine girls number. some one shout up Chris!
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by hubreality(m): 5:38pm On Mar 16, 2009
Your criticism are welcome. A believer is also commissioned to be a blessing and to heal the sick. What are u doing as a one who believes? For whatsoever a man sows that will he also reap. Beware!
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by skyranger: 6:23pm On Mar 16, 2009
@ hubreality; ar u addressing my post? 'cos u haven't made any explanatory statement.
i believe in Christ & also the preachings of Chris about the ways of Jesus.
the confusing part is, i can't marry his mundane appearance with his words.
At least the bible tell us hw Christ and his disciples lived their exemplary lives.
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by hubreality(m): 9:25pm On Mar 16, 2009
skyranger:

@ hubreality; ar u addressing my post? 'cos u haven't made any explanatory statement.
i believe in Christ & also the preachings of Chris about the ways of Jesus.
the confusing part is, i can't marry his mundane appearance with his words.
At least the bible tell us hw Christ and his disciples lived their exemplary lives.

What comes out of a man is what really defies a man not what appears.
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by TQFS: 10:58pm On Mar 16, 2009
hubreality:

Where is that statement in the Bible?? What is the basis? Is it logic? Psychological insight? Or just blind defense?
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by TQFS: 12:01am On Mar 17, 2009
hubreality:

If by any chance you meant to say "defiles" a man then you're really misquoting Matthew 15:18. But I'm assuming you meant "defines" a man and the question still stands:

Where is that statement in the Bible?? What is the basis?
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by hubreality(m): 12:32am On Mar 17, 2009
TQFS:

If by any chance you meant to say "defiles" a man then you're really misquoting Matthew 15:18. But I'm assuming you meant "defines" a man and the question still stands:

Where is that statement in the Bible?? What is the basis?

Matthew 15:16-21 (King James Version)

16 And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding?

17 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?

18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

20 These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

21 Then Jesus went thence, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon.

Haba, these religious men who make man for Sabbath instead of Sabbath for man. They no dey finish o, since the days of Jesus. Many doubting questions and fault finding. They appear very holy and religious. What is the state of their hearts? Very far from Him. Choice of fashion and appearance defile not a man.
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by vicade(m): 6:55am On Mar 17, 2009
The thing about most CE Members is that they dont realise they are more likely in CHRIS EMBASSY THAN CHRIS[b]T[/b] EMBASSY.
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by hubreality(m): 11:08am On Mar 17, 2009
Be inspired by numerous testimonies across the globe. Enter the healing school: www.enterthehealingschool.org
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by SirJohn(m): 11:16am On Mar 17, 2009
hubreality:

Be inspired by numerous testimonies across the globe. Enter the healing school: www.enterthehealingschool.org

You mean testiphoney grin grin grin
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by hubreality(m): 11:58am On Mar 17, 2009
SirJohn:

You mean testiphoney grin grin grin

Busy body! You just dey show yourself. You go tire grin
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by SirJohn(m): 12:02pm On Mar 17, 2009
hubreality:

I'm making progress Hub, oh I wish you knew how far I've gone already
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by hubreality(m): 12:36pm On Mar 17, 2009
SirJohn:

I'm making progress Hub, oh I wish you knew how far I've gone already

Well done.
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by fantacie(f): 12:38pm On Mar 17, 2009
after going tru all ur comments i can only advice, judge not so u may not be judged. God is righteous in all His ways
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by fyneguy: 12:50pm On Mar 17, 2009
hubreality:

Dont mind Hubreality jare, Sir John. Atleast your church only lost 50 people to CE last week compared to 100 the previous week. Work harder! think of more propaganda.
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by KunleOshob(m): 1:02pm On Mar 17, 2009
fyneguy:

Dont mind Hubreality jare, Sir John. Atleast your church only lost 50 people to CE last week compared to 100 the previous week. Work harder! think of more propaganda.

Evidently CE is in the business of winning members customers and not souls as the bible directs. I sincerely pray that you CE customers would wake up and see the light before it is too late.
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by debosky(m): 1:04pm On Mar 17, 2009
@ hubreality

How can you say that lack of faith is the reason people don't get healed? What if the time (set by God) for that person to be healed has not come?  

Why not simply say, we DON'T KNOW why these people haven't been healed and that GOD DECIDES when people get healed?

How can you judge whether someone has faith or not simply based on the fact that they did not receive healing as and when others did? Does God work in exactly the same way in every believer's life?  

Saying it is 'lack of faith' is simply trying to 'help' God. Let HIM explain why someone doesn't get healed and stop trying to make people feel faithless simply because things did not happen in the way you expected it to.
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by SirJohn(m): 1:08pm On Mar 17, 2009
KunleOshob:

Evidently CE is in the business of winning members customers and not souls as the bible directs. I sincerely pray that you CE customers would wake up and see the light before it is too late.

Dont mind them KunleOshob, they speak as though I've not been there; in CE, its all about numbers. You need to see leaders falsifying figures just to appear efficient. oh boy, I know CE like I know my name grin grin
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by SirJohn(m): 1:09pm On Mar 17, 2009
debosky:

@ hubreality

How can you say that lack of faith is the reason people don't get healed? What if the time (set by God) for that person to be healed has not come?

Why not simply say, we DON'T KNOW why these people haven't been healed and that GOD DECIDES when people get healed?

How can you judge whether someone has faith or not simply based on the fact that they did not receive healing as and when others did? Does God work in exactly the same way in every believer's life?

Saying it is 'lack of faith' is simply trying to 'help' God. Let HIM explain why someone doesn't get healed and stop trying to make people feel faithless simply because things did not happen in the way you expected it to.

Good one Debosky!!
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by hubreality(m): 1:29pm On Mar 17, 2009
SirJohn:

Good one Debosky!!

The rantings of Sirjohn and co point straight at their level of ignorance and unbelief in the integrity and ability of God's word. The cohorts of atheists who do not believe in God. Christ Embassy Church and Pastor Chris are not your real problems but your stack unbelief and the pride of your minds respectively.

God's word has every answers you may require.

Mark 6:4-7 (King James Version)

4 But Jesus, said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house.

5 And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them.

6 And he marvelled because of their unbelief. And he went round about the villages, teaching.

7 And he called unto him the twelve, and began to send them forth by two and two; and gave them power over unclean spirits;

Hebrews 11:6 (King James Version)

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by debosky(m): 1:47pm On Mar 17, 2009
What answer have you given?

How can YOU tell someone who didn't get healed that it is because of unbelief? undecided

How can YOU determine when someone has faith or not simply because they were not healed?

What if the TIME had not come for that healing

Did God promise in His word that he would heal everyone at a particular moment or second?

How can you say that it is definitively lack of faith and not anything else? Are you GOD who is the only one who can see the heart of man Disciples never made a judgment on people's faith, only GOD (Jesus) who could see the heart of man made the judgment.
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by hubreality(m): 1:55pm On Mar 17, 2009
That was why Jesus went about teaching them that they might know how to believe wholly on God and to make their faith work.

Mark 6:4-7 (King James Version)

4 But Jesus, said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house.

5 And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them.

6 And he marvelled because of their unbelief. And he went round about the villages, teaching.

7 And he called unto him the twelve, and began to send them forth by two and two; and gave them power over unclean spirits;

Knowledge is power. Faith comes by hearing the word of God. Faith can not be over emphasized! Faith is also the response of the human spirit to the ever active and living words of God. Hallelujah!

Let God be true and all men liars.
Re: Night Of Bliss With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome by junijustin: 2:10pm On Mar 17, 2009

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What Would Jesus Do In This Case? / Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin Donates 40M To Wives Of Nigeria Fallen Heroes / Want 1Trillion Naira? Church Poster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.