Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,356 members, 7,780,955 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:22 AM

New Satellite: Openview HD, Free-To-Air, - Satellite TV Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / New Satellite: Openview HD, Free-To-Air, (54551 Views)

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread / New Satellite Intelsat 17 @ 66E / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Satellite: Openview HD, Free-To-Air, by Nnachi404(m): 10:44am On Nov 13, 2014
viazi:
1 Unit of SPACE OVHD Available in Abuja FCT for 35k. The box is active and working. Location is Apo Resettlement opposite shoprite. Price is nonnegotiable.

Contact- viaziconcepts@gmail.com
huuuummm 35k guy you dey vexoooooooooooooooooooooooo thank God for free to air

1 Like

Re: New Satellite: Openview HD, Free-To-Air, by mjay(m): 7:16pm On Nov 13, 2014
mjay:
I just got a Space decoder. It's sooo clear with all the extra fta. Am gonna sell it cos am expecting more. Interested? Holla me 08087885000.
Re: New Satellite: Openview HD, Free-To-Air, by viazi: 9:38pm On Nov 13, 2014
Nnachi404:
huuuummm 35k guy you dey vexoooooooooooooooooooooooo thank God for free to air

Still available.
Space is scarce in SA. I paid for Complete package which is about 1500 rand and 25k in Naija, then U face the wahala of SA phone no for activation. Its only a South African No. that can activate it and its one phone number to one Reciever. But when U finally see E.HD u will know its worth it.
Re: New Satellite: Openview HD, Free-To-Air, by mjay(m): 10:55pm On Nov 13, 2014
viazi:

Still available.
Space is scarce in SA. I paid for Complete package which is about 1500 rand and 25k in Naija, then U face the wahala of SA phone no for activation. Its only a South African No. that can activate it and its one phone number to one Reciever. But when U finally see E.HD u will know its worth it.

I already have 5 pieces on its way to Naija fully activated. Book your copy fast. I have one in use presently which I can afford to sell. Its wahooo in clarity. book your copy now..

the epg is super and its able to accomodate FTA too.

Re: New Satellite: Openview HD, Free-To-Air, by harizonal123(m): 5:47am On Nov 14, 2014
harizonal123:
** What is OpenView HD?

** OpenView HD is South Africa’s first free satellite TV service, with over 18 television channels, including some in HD. OpenView HD brings you a wonderful world of multichannel TV – in digital quality. You only pay once for your dish, decoder and installation. Once you're ready to go, it's absolutely free! There are no monthly fees and no contracts. With non-stop entertainment, OpenView HD is the first platform to bring HD channels to South Africans for free.

** How do I get OpenView HD?

1. PAY ONCE: Buy your OpenView HD satellite decoder from a leading retailer.
• If you already have a working satellite dish you just need to buy the decoder.
• If you don’t have a satellite dish you will need to purchase your decoder with an installation voucher.
2. INSTALL & ACTIVATE:
Plug In and Activate: If you already have an existing satellite dish no dish installation is required. Connect your decoder to your dish and follow the activation instructions in the box.
OR
Call and Install: If you have purchased your decoder with an installation voucher, book an accredited installer to install your satellite dish and activate your decoder. All details are included in the box.

3. ENJOY FOREVER
Sit back and enjoy crystal clear satellite TV, with no monthly fees.

** How much will OpenView HD equipment cost?

OpenView HD decoder prices start at R849 that's about N13000, which is ideal if you already have a satellite dish.

** Why Should I buy OpenView HD?

OpenView HD is South Africa's free satellite TV service with over 18 channels, including some in HD. You get to keep all the channels you already love, with coverage anywhere in South Africa. There are no contracts, and no monthly fees. You pay just once and enjoy it for free, forever.

OpenView HD’s channels feature music, movies, religious programming, learning, kids’ entertainment, lifestyle & culture and more - catering for the whole family.
1. etoonz+
2. mindset
3. Da Vinci learning
4. Deen TV
5. Lx TV
6. As TV
7. etv
8. Glow
9. Beat lab TV
10. eafrica+
11. eHD
12. ekasi+
13. emovies+
14. sabc1
15. sabc2
16. sabc3
17. relevant TV
18. INI
19. spirit sword
20. UCBN
In addition to more channels, you’ll also enjoy an electronic programme guide (EPG), crystal clear digital picture quality and improved stereo sound. And you get this all for free, forever.

** What is OpenView HD’s coverage?

The OpenView HD TV service (received via satellite) covers 100% of South Africa.

** Who can get OpenView HD signal/ coverage?

OpenView HD is available to all South African residents. The OpenView HD TV service (received via satellite) covers 100% of South Africa.

** What channels are available on OpenView HD?

On OpenView HD, you get over 18 TV channels, with crystal clear digital picture quality and sound, and radio channels. More channels will be added in the future, at no extra cost.

** Do I need to subscribe to OpenView HD?

You don't need to subscribe to OpenView HD, because OpenView HD is free. All you need is an OpenView HD digital decoder and satellite dish. There are no monthly fees and no contracts.

** How do I subscribe to OpenView HD?

You don't need to subscribe. OpenView HD is free. All you need is an OpenView HD digital decoder and satellite dish - there are no monthly fees and no contracts.

** Will there be ongoing charges?

No - this is the main difference between OpenView HD and pay television - there are no signup fees, no monthly fees and no contracts.

You buy the hardware, you get it installed and the service is free.

All you need is an OpenView HD digital decoder and a Satellite dish. Then, it's free forever!

** Will I have to buy a new TV set?

No, you won't have to replace your current TV. If you have a standard definition TV, the OpenView HD digital decoder will convert the digital signal so you can see and hear all of OpenView HD's channels (both standard definition and HD) through your existing TV. If you have an HD TV set, you will be able to watch the HD channels in full HD.

** What if I already have a satellite dish?

If you already have a Top TV dish, you don't need to get a new dish. You will only need to buy an OpenView HD Digital Decoder which you can plug in and play.

** What if I live in an apartment, complex or block of flats?

Multi-unit dwellings that are already receiving Top TV will be able to receive OpenView HD channels.

** Can I get OpenView HD outside of South Africa?

Platco Digital has not received licenses to operate in other countries yet, therefore the OpenView HD decoder cannot be sold in countries outside of South Africa yet but this will be changed soon.

Press the "EPG" button on your remote to see the 8-day TV guide. A TV guide will also be available on the OpenView website in the future.

How do I activate my box?

Contact our call centre number (number included on the box) for an installer to be allocated to you, should you require a dish to be installed or repositioned, or dial *120*OVHD# OR *120*6843# and follow the prompts if you are able to plug in and play.

How can I have my channel on your bouquet?

Please put your Channel proposal in a MS Word/ PDF format and send it to Info@platco.co.za . It will be forwarded to the Channels Acquisition department and they will get in contact with you.

How can I have my program on your channel?

As Platco Digital, we only provide a platform for channels and do not control their channel content. Kindly look at the list of channels we have on the OpenView HD bouquet on our website, see which channel would be the best fit for your idea, and then approach the specific channel directly with your proposal.

Is the TV License fee included in the OpenView HD package?

No, the TV license fee is not included in the OpenView HD package. This should be paid separately, annually, as the South African law dictates.

** Are there any reality TV show channels, like those on DSTV?

At the current moment, we do not have any dedicated reality TV channels. However many of our channels broadcast local and international reality shows.

** Can I use my current Free-to-Air decoder to receive OpenView HD channels?

All our channels are encrypted to only be received by OpenView HD decoders.

** Do you have any news channels?

OpenView HD channels currently broadcast SABC & eNews. More news channels will be added in the future.

** Will you be launching PVR?

There will be an option of PVR decoder in the future.

** Do I need a decoder for every TV set in my house?

Every TV set would need its own decoder in order to view different channels simultaneously.

** What guarantee does a customer have that they will not have to pay subscription fees in the future?

Apart from the word of e.tv, a trusted brand, the CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT (CPA) safeguards viewers.

** How often should we expect changes and/or upgrades on the OpenView HD system?

Technical updates and upgrades are being seamlessly pushed to your decoder continuously.

** Will I be able to select a package with OpenView HD, regarding channel selection?

There is no need to, as all channels are free forever.

** Who do we contact regarding a set top box upgrade or consultation?

There is no need to upgrade as it is already done over the air.

** Is there a parental control function?

Parents can lock programs which are not suitable for their children to watch depending on the parental guidance rating of the programme by choosing an appropriate “Lock Level” by following the steps below:

Press the “menu” button
Go to “settings”
Follow steps to activate the parental control function.
** How do I reset my parental control pin?

If you have forgotten your parental control pin, please use your mobile phone to dial *120*OVHD# or *120*6843# (premium rates apply) and select option 3. Press the call or send button on your mobile phone and follow the service instructions.

** Where can I find information on how to use my remote control?

Channel 100 on the OpenView HD decoder bouquet has a step-by-step user-friendly guide on how to make the most of your remote control. Channel 100 is also active even before you activate your decoder and is there to help you with most of your frequently asked questions.

** How many channels?

Currently, there are over 18 channels, including the SABC channels and e.tv in HD.

** Which channels are in HD?

We currently have a number of channels that air HD content, including eToonz+, eKasi+, eHD, eMovies+ and Beatlab.tv.

** Will OpenView HD continue to have SABC channels once they have migrated to digital?

Yes, we will continue to have the SABC channels whether they are in analogue or digital.

** Is OpenView HD affiliated to Top TV or DStv?

OpenView HD is in no way affiliated to Top TV, StarSat or DStv.

** Why don’t you have reality TV channels like the Kardashians?

OpenView HD supports local content in order to grow our local film & TV industry.

** Why is the decoder expensive?

Platco Digital does not manufacture the set top box, so we do not control the price at which the set top box is sold at. Our set top box is also not subsidized and we as Platco Digital do not make any profit from the box.

the decoder alone is R849 which is about 13k and the
complete package is R1599 about 25k including installation cost. so your 35k is ridiculous
WWW.openviewhd.co.za/faq
Re: New Satellite: Openview HD, Free-To-Air, by viazi: 9:35pm On Nov 15, 2014
[quote author=harizonal123 post=27996871]

the decoder alone is R849 which is about 13k and the
complete package is R1599 about 25k including installation cost. so your 35k is ridiculous
WWW.openviewhd.co.za/faq
So if U buy the Box 25K in SA, It will disappear from SA and reappear in Nija abi? Do U know that these boxes are not mearnt to be sold to non SA Citizens? Do U know that each box require 1 SA phone number to activate each Box? Guy, the box is not for those looking for cheap things ohh. Do U know that SPACEHD is damn scarce? Do U know that while U are here whining someone bought the SpaceHD for 38k?
SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD
Re: New Satellite: Openview HD, Free-To-Air, by nzeval(m): 8:24am On Nov 16, 2014
I only need activated opeview receiver .no pan or installation. So how much
Re: New Satellite: Openview HD, Free-To-Air, by viazi: 7:42pm On Nov 17, 2014
On its way to Nija. Ten pieces of ELLIES/ELSAT. These would be sold cheaper than the SPACEHD. Send orders to viaziconcepts@gmail.com
Regards.

Re: New Satellite: Openview HD, Free-To-Air, by Nobody: 8:22pm On Nov 17, 2014
viazi:
On its way to Nija. Ten pieces of ELLIES/ELSAT. These would be sold cheaper than the SPACEHD. Send orders to viaziconcepts@gmail.com
Regards.
Give fair price for both
Re: New Satellite: Openview HD, Free-To-Air, by nzeval(m): 6:51am On Nov 18, 2014
@viaza ,what is different between Ellies receiver nd SpaceHD receiver.
Re: New Satellite: Openview HD, Free-To-Air, by mjay(m): 10:06pm On Nov 18, 2014
nzeval:
@viaza ,what is different between Ellies receiver nd SpaceHD receiver.

The Ellies cannot accommodate FTA. Its like the DSTV decoder.
Re: New Satellite: Openview HD, Free-To-Air, by nzeval(m): 6:40am On Nov 19, 2014
how much is it nd where do u based cos I dey anambra state
Re: New Satellite: Openview HD, Free-To-Air, by viazi: 11:03am On Nov 22, 2014
Location is Abuja FCT
Re: New Satellite: Openview HD, Free-To-Air, by nzeval(m): 8:10am On Nov 23, 2014
how much is for Ellies receiver
Re: New Satellite: Openview HD, Free-To-Air, by aesculapius(m): 11:03pm On Nov 25, 2014
Lordbenunited:
I can help u subscribe 4 ur GOTV and DSTV packages f0r "HALF D PRICE".if ur interested call me. 07031215448 08127403344
Are u in abuja?
Re: New Satellite: Openview HD, Free-To-Air, by viazi: 11:07pm On Nov 26, 2014
5 pieces of ACTIVE ELSAT OVHD Receivers are available for purchase in Abuja. We can waybill to any part of Nigeria too.

Place your order by sending email to viaziconcepts@gmail.com.
Re: New Satellite: Openview HD, Free-To-Air, by viazi: 11:12pm On Nov 26, 2014
nzeval:
how much is for Ellies receiver

ABUJA FCT, I can send to U through Peace Mass Transit. Send mail to viaziconcepts@gmail.com
Re: New Satellite: Openview HD, Free-To-Air, by harizonal123(m): 6:03am On Nov 28, 2014
Lordbenunited:
am in lag0s bt distance is nt a barrier.i cn stil help u wit ur subscripti0n.kal me and lets talk.tnx
Get out of here with your illegal subscription. Pls don't fall victim its just matter of time b4 everything packs up. Don't be decieved, be wise

1 Like

Re: New Satellite: Openview HD, Free-To-Air, by viazi: 1:31am On Nov 29, 2014
3 pieces of OVHD ELSAT left .1 peice of SpaceHD at 50k. Elies are cheap sha
Re: New Satellite: Openview HD, Free-To-Air, by viazi: 6:32pm On Dec 29, 2014
@ All Nairalanders,

Due to popular demand for SPACEHD OVHD and the new broadcast of OVHD Signal on ISO20 (MYTV Position) I instructed my agent in SA to comb the whole Country for the sought after SPACEHD and as God will have it , I got 15 (Fifteen) pieces of SPACEHD activated on ISO20 (Mytv Position).

The Receivers will be in Nigeria by 15th January. Price for each piece is N25,000 (Twenty Five Thousand)

U can start placing your Order now. Send orders to viaziconcepts@gmail.com

REMEMBER ITS FREE FOREVER AND PICTURE QUALITY WILL BLOW U AWAY.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Satellite: Openview HD, Free-To-Air, by viazi: 1:47pm On Dec 31, 2014
viazi:
@ All Nairalanders,

Due to popular demand for SPACEHD OVHD and the new broadcast of OVHD Signal on ISO20 (MYTV Position) I instructed my agent in SA to comb the whole Country for the sought after SPACEHD and as God will have it , I got 15 (Fifteen) pieces of SPACEHD activated on ISO20 (Mytv Position).

The Receivers will be in Nigeria by 15th January. Price for each piece is N25,000 (Twenty Five Thousand)

Keep orders coming.
Re: New Satellite: Openview HD, Free-To-Air, by viazi: 3:53pm On Jan 01, 2015
viazi:
@ All Nairalanders,

Send Orders to viaziconcepts@gmail.com
Re: New Satellite: Openview HD, Free-To-Air, by mjay(m): 10:12am On Feb 13, 2015
SPACEHD OVHD now available. Few pieces available. Call me to get urs. 08087885000
Re: New Satellite: Openview HD, Free-To-Air, by mjay(m): 7:21pm On Feb 14, 2015
mjay:
SPACEHD OVHD now available. Few pieces available. Call me to get urs. 08087885000

Few pieces left. Fully activated. Plus several fta. Call now for your copy.
Re: New Satellite: Openview HD, Free-To-Air, by viazi: 4:17pm On Feb 15, 2015
@ All,
Those with unactivated OVHD can contact me for activation.Also if U mistakenly do factory reset u will also need reactivation. If u also want to change from SES5 to ISO20(former MYTV)U will need reactivation, U can contact me. It cost just 5K to activate 1 piece. I can activate as many as 1000 pieces for U.
viaziconcepts@gmail.com
Re: New Satellite: Openview HD, Free-To-Air, by mjay(m): 4:19pm On Feb 15, 2015
mjay:

Few pieces left. Fully activated. Plus several fta. Call now for your copy.

1 Share

Re: New Satellite: Openview HD, Free-To-Air, by guass(m): 4:37am On Feb 18, 2015
viazi:
@ All Nairalanders,

Am ready to buy more than five from u if the price is reduced.
Re: New Satellite: Openview HD, Free-To-Air, by viazi: 7:33pm On Feb 20, 2015
guass:

Am ready to buy more than five from u if the price is reduced.

@ Guass
kindly send mail to viaziconcepts@gmail.com lets negotiate price for bulk purchase.
Regards
Re: New Satellite: Openview HD, Free-To-Air, by nzeval(m): 7:54pm On Feb 20, 2015
kindly bring dis openveiw receiver to Onitsha we need it .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

An Interesting Picture Of Nigeria At Night Taken From Space By NASA / Where To Get Softwear For Decoder Strong/: / High Definition Receivers(hd)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.