Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:35 AM

Nigeria, Our Country. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria, Our Country. (493 Views)

Nigeria: Our Story On Anambra Election - Prof. Jega / Nigeria: Our Image Worldwide Is Negative! / Nigeria: Our Children Are Hungry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria, Our Country. by mydearfrancis(m): 7:28am On Jan 05, 2014
It's a sad feeling to see a proclaimed nation- Nigeria, once known and called by some as the Giant of Africa and to others the Dream country of the continent. I guess that has changed now,
Over the past years we have seen this great nation crawl on a flat move! No concrete dividend of democracy rather it's been a case of autocracy at different level. A country once known for peace and humour is now known for otherwise. Unusual cases now rock the nation. We now hear news of people been arrested for crime, but now news of their prosecution or punishment and authorities meows when enquired. The system can afford to keep students at home for over 90 days because someone paid for it, ironically, it looks as if it was for the good of the system. After all the Present Government has shown incompetency, What a shame! Many youths has gone to sleep in their mind. Some who are even in class are been thought unusable basics as a distraction, to pave way for the leaders to continue their politics of the day! The unemployed has relent to violence, some have become touts, some have made up their mind to decrept the society, others have taken their annoyance to social media, but who reads them! Don't you know some individuals are paid to post daily tabloids to hide the real story from the masses. In some states Big screen TVs have been installed on street peripheries to show footballs, distracting our dear youths on weekend cos that's when they have time to gather politically. Though they'll say is dividends of good governance, don't be fooled. I feel sad when i listen to some of these Nigeria leaders, they say things they don't do because no system holds them accountable. Corruption now headlines the daily mews papers! Strange letters has become points of debate for analysts! This article might even be ignored because it's not from former head of state.
Beloved youth, is time to rise, is time to define a vision for nigeria! Am tired of seeing Nigeria, our country administrate products that most times weren't produced in Nigeria. Is time to start producing, and by that i mean standard product that we can export. Let's put a stop to counterfeit! Is time to choose leaders we can hold accountable. Any visionary person can rule and not these old cabals with selfish agenda. Is time to think service, because leadership begins with service. We can be selfless, we can build, we can care. Now Is the time to be a standard for africa and the world at large. Stop the violence. The country will not grow if u join to condemn or destroy it. Unite visionary youths. Election period is fast coming, u must make a choice to vote. Prepare to even contest! God sends the visionary man who's prepared! Work on your mind. Think possibility, grow your influence, prepare yourself with the right tools! There is more than enough wealth in this country than leaders have enough sense to steal. Gather yourself for the right course. This government should become afraid of her masses and not otherwise. I believe i have awaken your mind.

HAPPY NEW YEAR.
God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

Todays News Headline / Suggest A New Name For Dr. Doyin Okupe / Patrick Obahiagbon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.