Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,878 members, 7,802,833 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

Need Help On Wish Engine To Put In Murano Plz Advice - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Need Help On Wish Engine To Put In Murano Plz Advice (1533 Views)

Engine Oil Wahala, Plz Advice / How To Convert My Petrol Engine To Diesel Engine / Attn: Changing 3.0L Engine To 1.8L Or 2.0L In Mitsubishi Sigma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Help On Wish Engine To Put In Murano Plz Advice by cityhood: 11:04am On Jan 05, 2014
I have a murano
The engine is bad now but still muving with kakaka noise if you know what I mean
Some people say I shud put. Siena engine
Some say. Quest engine
Plz advice me on what to put in it
My gear is ok!
Only engibe dat nee to be changed!
And I want to know if I get the quest engin will I need to buy it with the cables and change brainbox?
Or ujust to put the quest engine or siena in it!
Bcux seriously am just tryin to safe cost
Plz proffesional advice me
08169446319 whatsapp
28bcafde
Re: Need Help On Wish Engine To Put In Murano Plz Advice by Lexusgs430: 11:37am On Jan 05, 2014
Why not just replace, like for like ?
It would be more straight forward.

And when you replace, look after the replaced, a little better.
Re: Need Help On Wish Engine To Put In Murano Plz Advice by cityhood: 11:44am On Jan 05, 2014
Don't get your like for like
Was told the. Main engin of murano is costly 200k
And I dnt have dat kind of cash for now
Dat y am. Luking fr any mins available apart frm putin dat main engibe
Some one said quest and dat jst 70'
Sienna
90 k
Plz jst advic me
Re: Need Help On Wish Engine To Put In Murano Plz Advice by abatically(m): 12:17pm On Jan 05, 2014
Its better u replace with the same engine even if it costs 200k. Trust me there are other hidden expenses that will be associated with engine swap that the mechanic wont tell u. If u buy a Siena engine for say 90k, at the end of the whole swap u might end up spending like 150k and u still might not get the result u want. Plus u might lose other functionality that makes ur car a murano like 4wd, etc. What about the gearbox, does it fit? Ur murano is probably cvt transmission. This is not a landrover Freelander that everyone knows has a bad angine. My advice, save money and buy the exact engine that came with the car, it would save u lots of stress.
Re: Need Help On Wish Engine To Put In Murano Plz Advice by redcliff: 12:58am On Jan 06, 2014
abatically: Its better u replace with the same engine even if it costs 200k. Trust me there are other hidden expenses that will be associated with engine swap that the mechanic wont tell u. If u buy a Siena engine for say 90k, at the end of the whole swap u might end up spending like 150k and u still might not get the result u want. Plus u might lose other functionality that makes ur car a murano like 4wd, etc. What about the gearbox, does it fit? Ur murano is probably cvt transmission. This is not a landrover Freelander that everyone knows has a bad angine. My advice, save money and buy the exact engine that came with the car, it would save u lots of stress.

Anyother advice other than this you take, you would regret it big time
Re: Need Help On Wish Engine To Put In Murano Plz Advice by Nobody: 1:07am On Jan 06, 2014
Unless you do your own wrenching, and are conversant with wiring, please replace the engine with the SAME Nissan engine. If you use a mechanic, and you decide to do a "conversion", be prepared for serious heartache, and heart-stopping bills, which will be endless.
Re: Need Help On Wish Engine To Put In Murano Plz Advice by nissparts(m): 1:09am On Jan 06, 2014
By the way, the murano engine is more than 200k.
If you put any other engine in it, especially a sienna, say goodbye
Re: Need Help On Wish Engine To Put In Murano Plz Advice by cityhood: 8:38am On Jan 06, 2014
Ok tnks
How about xtera nissan 2005
The engine catch fire I tink due to partial contact from the wires is for my friend now all the wires are burnt down
Plz can the engine work again
Its a 2003 model nt 05 it as auxilary gear,
And its automatic
Can the engine work again?
If rewire can do general wiring??
Plz advice
Re: Need Help On Wish Engine To Put In Murano Plz Advice by sultaan(m): 4:05pm On Jan 06, 2014
I hate to say this but knowledge wise it seems you are not capable to own this type of cars(no insult intended) you mechanic destroyed your car not they are suggesting bad idea that will only make them money. If you can get online you can search about the type of engine you need and your current engine might not be that bad just not in tune.Find someone with a murano and compare their engine/wiring to yours.

Your friends engine burned from mechanic messing with wiring there is no such thing as rewire in today'scar.T tell your friend to bbuy a new wire harness and make sure all connections are made no bypass or join join you should NEVER reiwre a car.
Re: Need Help On Wish Engine To Put In Murano Plz Advice by cityhood: 4:34pm On Jan 06, 2014
Ok now so no nid for him to buy new engine in the xtera habi?
He shud buy dat wire tin dat u said
Is it with the brainbox?
Re: Need Help On Wish Engine To Put In Murano Plz Advice by sultaan(m): 6:38pm On Jan 06, 2014
You said only wire was damaged so replace it look at link below to understand what I mean you buy a wire harness and plug everything where it should go. I never mentioned anything about computer all the plugs of the wore go back to the computer if the wire is bad computer won't work if computer is not working engine won't work

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/nissan-engine-wiring-harness
Re: Need Help On Wish Engine To Put In Murano Plz Advice by cityhood: 8:20pm On Jan 06, 2014
Thank you!
Re: Need Help On Wish Engine To Put In Murano Plz Advice by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jan 06, 2014
cityhood: Ok tnks
How about xtera nissan 2005
The engine catch fire I tink due to partial contact from the wires is for my friend now all the wires are burnt down
Plz can the engine work again
Its a 2003 model nt 05 it as auxilary gear,
And its automatic
Can the engine work again?
If rewire can do general wiring??
Plz advice

Open a fresh thread and stop derailing this thread.

Re: Need Help On Wish Engine To Put In Murano Plz Advice by abatically(m): 9:27pm On Jan 06, 2014
lomomike:

lomomike, did u drink? I can understand though its Monday and u must have worked too hard today lol. smiley cheesy smiley. Easy bro
Re: Need Help On Wish Engine To Put In Murano Plz Advice by sultaan(m): 9:40pm On Jan 06, 2014
Hey MOD,

Why was my posted deleted?

I said I mean no insult to OP and he didn't seem offended in his response If he was I would have modified my post and back off.

If it seems like someone is way in over there head with this type of issues it is good to let them know to read up before going on a wild goose chase.

By the way
lomomike:

You were so eager to hide my post you didn't even realise it was the OP asking another question about a friends Xterra remember these trucks have the same engine and probably wire harness my advice was good and sound but others may never know thanks mod

Could you by any chance recommend something like him using a maxima engine
Re: Need Help On Wish Engine To Put In Murano Plz Advice by Nobody: 5:47am On Jan 07, 2014
sultaan: Hey MOD,

Why was my posted deleted?

I said I mean no insult to OP and he didn't seem offended in his response If he was I would have modified my post and back off.

If it seems like someone is way in over there head with this type of issues it is good to let them know to read up before going on a wild goose chase.

By the way

You were so eager to hide my post you didn't even realise it was the OP asking another question about a friends Xterra remember these trucks have the same engine and probably wire harness my advice was good and sound but others may never know thanks mod

Could you by any chance recommend something like him using a maxima engine

Choi! See as I mess up, Kai! @OP, Sultan,et al please forgive me. I was stressed beyond my limit since Sunday and it was same story yesterday.

Please I've unhid those comments.
Thanks for your understanding and cooperation

Have a great day God bless us.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

What's The Price For Honda EOD Fuel Pump? / Made In Aba Car Spotted In World Bank, Owerri / Why Is Muraino Jeep So Cheap?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.