Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,781 members, 7,802,418 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:07 PM

The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel (8564 Views)

Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra / Dino Melaye Chilling On Dangotes' Yacht / Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by Kairoseki77: 5:07pm On Jan 05, 2014
fkaz: So Diamond Bank, who finance the deal is the biggest looser and not lagos state... Hmmm

Pretty much.
Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by BishopJuice: 5:07pm On Jan 05, 2014
Kairoseki77:

He didn't say anything about "losses".

He said the business deal didn't work out and Lagos moved on. Lesson learned.

Please show me where he said Lagos lost money on the deal. I will wait...

From what you posted, the only thing he said was a variation on the common phrase: "You win some, and you lose some." THAT PHRASE HAS TO DO WITH SUCCESS AND FAILURE, NOT MONEY.

[size=18pt]The All Progressives Congress, Lagos State Chapter, has said the Lagos State Government has quit the Sunborn Yacht Hotel. The party said it was a bad business and the government had abandoned the deal.

While reacting in an online interview with our correspondent on Saturday, the state Interim Publicity Secretary, Mr. Joe Igbokwe, said the state government took a bad business decision on the yacht and had done away with it.[/size]

I want to believe you have a problem comprehending written text

7 Likes

Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by Kairoseki77: 5:08pm On Jan 05, 2014
fabulous4u:
keep lying to your self hoping one day it will become the truth.
your spokesperson has already confirmed lasg was involved .why on earth r u trying to twist the facts by bringing up useless and baseless facts.
well that's what you and your leaders are known for (blackmail and forgery).

Don't let facts get in the way of your opinion.
Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by BishopJuice: 5:08pm On Jan 05, 2014
Kairoseki77:

They are just mad that their entire region cannot boast of anything larger than a canoe.

Meanwhile, the lagoons of Lagos are teeming with luxury boats. Some owned by Igbos even.
The Igbos that are stuck in the SE are just frustrated. That's why they always whine about the East-West road. They can only afford to walk to Lagos.

must you always display your odenni osun heritage?
Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by edogirl2: 5:09pm On Jan 05, 2014
eGuerilla,

You are absolutely correct. And you also got the names of the bank and the key buyer of the yacht right.

Someone commented about Mr Igbokwe who was answering questions in an online interview. He probably thought he was doing the right thing by saying it was bad business. He misdirected himself.

This man is a spokesman of a party, not a party to the transaction. I know about the transaction. I was privy to documents he could not have seen as a party spokesman.

And if you are familiar with the politics of Lagos, you will know that the buyer, Mr Afikuyomi left ACN for ANPP (I think), and as such was no longer in the inner circle of Mr Tinubu and many top ACN Chieftains. So the idea that Lagos State would put their money in his business is laughable.

4 Likes

Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by BishopJuice: 5:10pm On Jan 05, 2014
Kairoseki77:

Don't let facts get in the way of your opinion.

do you understand what you just wrote?

That poster you addressed should not let facts and truths guide him?

God Have Mercy!

You people are pathological liars second to the devil himself!
Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by Kairoseki77: 5:12pm On Jan 05, 2014
Bishop Juice:

[size=18pt]The All Progressives Congress, Lagos State Chapter, has said the Lagos State Government has quit the Sunborn Yacht Hotel. The party said it was a bad business and the government had abandoned the deal.

While reacting in an online interview with our correspondent on Saturday, the state Interim Publicity Secretary, Mr. Joe Igbokwe, said the state government took a bad business decision on the yacht and had done away with it.[/size]

I want to believe you have a problem comprehending written text

[size=18pt]I am still waiting for you to show us where he said Lagos lost money on the deal. No one is arguing that it was a good business deal.

The LIES you keep spewing:

TINUBU WAS INVOLVED
LASG WAS CORRUPT IN ITS DEALINGS
LASG LOST TAXPAYERS MONEY

The truth, is that Tinubu had nothing to do with this, LASG didn't spend or lose a kobo of tax payers money, and there is no reason to believe that the LASG did anything wrong. The only thing the LASG did, was to provide land and docking space for the boat in return for partial ownership.

Until you can prove any of the lies you keep writing in large fonts, I would invite you to remain silent.[/size]

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by themaskedman: 5:18pm On Jan 05, 2014
Sometimes it‘s better to just keep quite. The edo girl has just disgraced her self and plenty of her likes on nairaland. Tinubu and Buhari will surely be raging mad now.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by Kairoseki77: 5:18pm On Jan 05, 2014
Bishop Juice:

do you understand what you just wrote?

That poster you addressed should not let facts and truths guide him?

God Have Mercy!

You people are pathological liars second to the devil himself!

.... undecided

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by edogirl2: 5:21pm On Jan 05, 2014
Having not seen the name of Lagos state on any of the documents, the only 'investment' Lagos could have had in the project was in helping to secure its mooring location in Victoria Island, granting land use waiver or some other taxes to help create a workable investment environment for the project to work. As I said previously, by the time the yacht arrived in Lagos, the owners had no money left to run it as a business and it was in Lagos's interest to help get the business to work. So, if they invested at all, it would be in the form of peripheral waivers.

If this was a Lagos State project, the State would not have allowed more that N4 billion value destruction because of about N200 million naira needed to get it off as a business.

And why would the lending bank not go after Lagos State for the debt repayment, instead of offloading it unto AMCON? To my knowledge AFCON does not take on state government debts.

5 Likes

Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by BishopJuice: 5:23pm On Jan 05, 2014
Kairoseki77:

I am still waiting for you to show us where he said Lagos lost money on the deal. No one is arguing that it was a good business deal.

The LIES you keep spewing:

TINUBU WAS INVOLVED
LASG WAS CORRUPT IN ITS DEALINGS
LASG LOST TAXPAYERS MONEY

Until you can prove any of the above allegations, I would invite you to remain silent.

shatap!
The burden of proof does not lie on me. This topic I got to know of today and given the facts and the witnesses (Joe Igbokwe vs Edo-gal) I have already made up my mind.

It falls on you to provide credible proof otherwise and not some forum gist as evidence.

Who is edo-girl? How involved is she from the onset of the deal till when it became sour.
Wasn't this the same yatch that LASG was celebrating

[size=18pt]The Sunborn Yacht Hotel,an onshore hotel facility procured by the Lagos State government in partnership with the private sector,was recently inaugurated at Marina, Lagos. Kunle Awosiyan was part of the crew that sailed to the inauguration. He reports.

To him, the speed and success of the acquisition was a result of the healthy relationship between the Fashola administration and the organised private sector in the state.
In his comments, the Honourable Minister of State for Tourism and Culture, Dr. Aliyu Idi Hong, commended the vision of Lagos State Government in embarking on the project saying, “This is a breakthrough for tourism in Nigeria and generally for the whole of Africa, because we were made to understand that this is, in fact, the first of this type of innovation in the hospitality industry in the whole of Africa. History has been made today.Let me use this opportunity to thank His Excellency, the Governor of Lagos State, Babatunde Raji Fashola, SAN, for this very innovative and sprinting achievement”.

The idea of the acquisition of the Sunborn Yacht Hotel promoted by the Lagos State Government through a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV), Loneseed Limited, representing Diamond Capital Ltd, financial advisers and lead arrangers, M.I.D.C Ltd and the Lagos State Ministry of Tourism, opens a new chapter in the history of tourism development not only in Lagos but in Nigeria as a whole.[/size]

I rest my phucking case!

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by Kairoseki77: 5:24pm On Jan 05, 2014
edo.girl:
Having not seen the name of Lagos state on any of the documents, the only 'investment' Lagos could have had in the project was in helping to secure its mooring location in Victoria Island, granting land use waiver or some other taxes to help create a workable investment environment for the project to work. As I said previously, by the time the yacht arrived in Lagos, the owners had no money left to run it as a business and it was in Lagos's interest to help get the business to work. So, if they invested at all, it would be in the form of peripheral waivers.

If this was a Lagos State project, the State would not have allowed more that N4 billion value destruction because of about N200 million naira needed to get it off as a business.

And why would the lending bank not go after Lagos State for the debt repayment, instead of offloading it unto AMCON? To my knowledge AFCON does not take on state government debts.

You have explained the situation perfectly. Some of these people just have an interest in not listening to you.
Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jan 05, 2014
Bishop Juice:

I am sure you either fell on your head as a baby or the landlord pounded your head with his d1ck when your dad went out to bricklaying duties.

Why are you so quick to insult members' parents?

Enjoy your ban.
Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by Kairoseki77: 5:27pm On Jan 05, 2014
Bishop Juice:

shatap!
The burden of proof does not lie on me. This topic I got to know of today and given the facts and the witnesses (Joe Igbokwe vs Edo-gal) I have already made up my mind.

It falls on you to provide credible proof otherwise and not some forum gist as evidence.

Who is edo-girl? How involved is she from the onset of the deal till when it became sour.
Wasn't this the same yatch that LASG was celebrating

I rest my phucking case!

[size=18pt]
Ummm...WHEN YOU MAKE ALLEGATIONS, THE BURDEN OF PROOF IS ON YOU![/size]
Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by edogirl2: 5:28pm On Jan 05, 2014
themaskedman: Sometimes it‘s better to just keep quite. The edo girl has just disgraced her self and plenty of her likes on nairaland. Tinubu and Buhari will surely be raging mad now.

Calm down. I have only stated the truth as I know it.
Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by BishopJuice: 5:28pm On Jan 05, 2014
ilugunboy:

Enjoy your ban.

you are no MOD and besides if you can't take it then don't dish it.

I know you have already ran to the mods
Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by BishopJuice: 5:29pm On Jan 05, 2014
Kairoseki77:

[size=18pt]
Ummm...WHEN YOU MAKE ALLEGATIONS THE BURDEN OF PROOF IS ON YOU![/size]

who made any allegation?

As I earlier said I am reacting to this latest scandal like any body else.

LET EDO GAL PROOVE HER CREDIBILITY AS A WITNESS TO THIS SAGA

1 Like

Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jan 05, 2014
edo.girl:

The people you are trying to convince have long made up their minds to find the LASG culpable.....all these your turenshi explanation is hitting the wrong chord with them.

To them APC...Tinubu and Fashola must be roped into the deal and paint corrupt.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by Faun(m): 5:31pm On Jan 05, 2014
Edo Girl = Alh Harem
Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by edogirl2: 5:34pm On Jan 05, 2014
Mr Bishop,

You shout. You rave. You threaten. But you don't communicate.

Tell you who I am? What's my business with you? 'Cause we jam for nairaland?

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by fabulous4u: 5:36pm On Jan 05, 2014
ilugunboy:

Enjoy your ban.
APC e-goats are just like their slave masters
bunch of liars,deceitful,blackmailing,druglords, embezzling and big mouthed progretheives

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by BishopJuice: 5:37pm On Jan 05, 2014
edo.girl:
Mr Bishop,

You shout. You rave. You threaten. But you don't communicate.

Tell you who I am? What's my business with you? 'Cause we jam for nairaland?

abeg park.

You are nobody by the way. Just another hired shill and disinfo agent for the APC

1 Like

Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by BishopJuice: 5:39pm On Jan 05, 2014
fabulous4u:
APC e-goats are just like their slave masters
bunch of liars,deceitful,blackmailing,druglords, embezzling and big mouthed progretheives

you dey mind them?

dey will start sh1t they can't finish.

maggaz. I was apathetic to Nigerian Politics until I started seeing their lies here and knowing the fraud drug mule that they support I couldn't help but start my own one-man rambo war against them grin grin grin grin
Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by NSNA: 5:39pm On Jan 05, 2014
Don't waste your time fighting about this...

The real winners are the Oyinbos that sold this at way more than its value.

This Yatch used to be next to Excel centre with not much going on with it... but its a shame though,
it used to be of great sighting and very white and clean.. was surprised and impressed when i learnt that it was bought and taken to Lagos.. but when i saw it in Lagos rotten away, it was a shame!
Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by HowFar: 5:39pm On Jan 05, 2014
The Sunborn Yacht Hotel,an onshore hotel facility procured by the Lagos State government in partnership with the private sector,was recently inaugurated at Marina, Lagos. Kunle Awosiyan was part of the crew that sailed to the inauguration. He reports.

To him, the speed and success of the acquisition was a result of the healthy relationship between the Fashola administration and the organised private sector in the state.
In his comments, the Honourable Minister of State for Tourism and Culture, Dr. Aliyu Idi Hong, commended the vision of Lagos State Government in embarking on the project saying, “This is a breakthrough for tourism in Nigeria and generally for the whole of Africa, because we were made to understand that this is, in fact, the first of this type of innovation in the hospitality industry in the whole of Africa. History has been made today.Let me use this opportunity to thank His Excellency, the Governor of Lagos State, Babatunde Raji Fashola, SAN, for this very innovative and sprinting achievement”.

The idea of the acquisition of the Sunborn Yacht Hotel promoted by the Lagos State Government through a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV), Loneseed Limited, representing Diamond Capital Ltd, financial advisers and lead arrangers, M.I.D.C Ltd and the Lagos State Ministry of Tourism, opens a new chapter in the history of tourism development not only in Lagos but in Nigeria as a whole

I see how it works now. This is how it works check it.

If this yatch business didn't go bad, lasg would claim it as Fashola's vision, if the deal turns to nonenity lasg would deny it ever spent a penny on the deal.
Genius!!! Even Josef Goebles would be proud of Fashola's propaganda machine.

6 Likes

Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by Kairoseki77: 5:40pm On Jan 05, 2014
Bishop, you obviously are just looking for a ban.

Thank you Edo Girl enlightening us on this issue.

Until these people can provide proof for their lies, we will consider this case closed.
Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jan 05, 2014
Bishop Juice:

your mother was a worthless paraga seller that got pregnant for you in the dead of the night with an aboki trailer driver.

Take heart, the only yorubas with guts are of your same pedigree but since you have taken your touting from the streets to cyber space I dole my fisherman hat to you tongue

This goes to show your upbringing....

When children lack adequate parental upbringing in good homes....it's reflect in their choice of words.

Like I said...I will rather restrain from replying you in kind....your type are simply the product of dysfunctional homes.

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by BishopJuice: 5:43pm On Jan 05, 2014
How Far?:

If this yatch business didn't go bad, lasg would claim it as Fashola's vision, if the deal turns to nonenity lasg would deny it ever spent a penny on the deal.
Genius!!! Even Josef Goebles would be proud of Fashola's propaganda machine.

more like Boss Tweed of Tammany Hall. These APC led govt is a huge Fraud and Lagosians are closing their eyes as these thieves rob them blind!

I don't mind if they rob Lagosians but when they begin to promote themselves above board and as the only true visionaries and FG critics it wrenches my stomach.

Fashola is a thief!

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by BishopJuice: 5:44pm On Jan 05, 2014
ilugunboy:

This goes to show your upbringing....

When children lack adequate parental upbringing in good homes....it's reflect in their choice of words.

Like I said...I will rather restrain from replying you in kind....your type are simply the product of dysfunctional homes.

waka pass.

You useless street urchin.

do you know your father?

Claim Lagos well-well olofo!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

This Video Of President Buhari Has Gotten Nigerians Angry / Saraki Shares Powerful Message In Celebration Of World Teachers Day / Dapo Abiodun: Ritual Killers Will Face The Wrath Of The Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.