Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,355 members, 7,808,240 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel (8572 Views)

Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra / Dino Melaye Chilling On Dangotes' Yacht / Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jan 05, 2014
fabulous4u:
APC e-goats are just like their slave masters
bunch of liars,deceitful,blackmailing,druglords, embezzling and big mouthed progretheives

You are long on emotional outburst but obviously very short on common sense.

In your bid to find fault with LASG, you've broken a sacred virtue....facts are sacred..opinions are given.

Can you provide any link that commits the LASG to any financial commitments into the deal?

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by HowFar: 5:45pm On Jan 05, 2014
Fashola's propaganda machine rumbled again. When its good its Fashola, when it goes bad> blame anybody but Fashola.

4 Likes

Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by BishopJuice: 5:45pm On Jan 05, 2014
ilugunboy:

You are long on emotional outburst but obviously very short on common sense.

In your bid to find fault with LASG, you've broken a sacred virtue....facts are sacred..opinions are given.

Can you provide any link that commits the LASG to any financial commitments into the deal?

do you ask for facts when dealing with GEJ ?

Hypocrite

4 Likes

Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by Kairoseki77: 5:47pm On Jan 05, 2014
Bishop Juice:

more like Boss Tweed of Tammany Hall. These APC led govt is a huge Fraud and Lagosians are closing their eyes as these thieves rob them blind!

I don't mind if they rob Lagosians but when they begin to promote themselves above board and as the only true visionaries and FG critics it wrenches my stomach.

Fashola is a thief!

We are still waiting for your proof.
Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by HowFar: 5:49pm On Jan 05, 2014
Bishop Juice:

Hypocrite

Bros you be lawyer? See how one man dey destroy a carefully worked out propaganda machine.

Ilugunfoool go work taya today. Time to earn your crust and where's your sidekick agbamental?

5 Likes

Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jan 05, 2014
Bishop Juice:

Hypocrite

You are better ignored going forward.....obviously you thrive on the use of gutter words

5 Likes

Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by najoke: 5:53pm On Jan 05, 2014
ilugunboy:

You are better ignored going forward.....obviously you thrive on the use of gutter words
^
well said
Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by BishopJuice: 5:54pm On Jan 05, 2014
[size=18pt]Not only is this case closed but the whole APC e-rat machinery

Thank me by liking this post[/size]

8 Likes

Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by Kairoseki77: 5:54pm On Jan 05, 2014
How Far?:

Bros you be lawyer? See how one man dey destroy a carefully worked out propaganda machine.

Ilugunfoool go work taya today. Time to earn your crust and where's your sidekick agbamental?

Stop replying to yourself with your multiple handles.
Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by Gbawes: 5:54pm On Jan 05, 2014
ilugunboy:

If I were I'd make sn early exit, this story is just breaking more would soon be revealed when Gej sends efcc to Lagos. Tinubu owns that yatch quote me.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 05, 2014
Lmao...this is a war zone.

Where's this Sunburn Yacht?

I need to take some of my linkages there to the steam room and sauna for a good tan! tongue
Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 05, 2014
How Far?:

Stop yarning nonsense....the burden of prove is for your type to show how much of financial commitment LASG have in the deal....not this your resort to emotional and juvenile verbiage roller coaster

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by Kairoseki77: 5:55pm On Jan 05, 2014
Bishop Juice: [size=18pt]Not only is this case closed but the whole APC e-rat machinery

Do you get paid extra for making those?
Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by edogirl2: 5:55pm On Jan 05, 2014
[quote author=How Far?][/quote]

If you look at the report you quoted, nowhere did anyone from LASG state that the yacht belonged to the government. That statemet about Lagos State involvement came from the guy Kunle Awosiyan who was part of the crew that sailed to the inauguration. He reports.. Essentially, a reporter who thought the yacht belonged to LASG.

aAlso the Minister remarked about the cooperation between LASG and the private sector. He did not say the product belonged to LASG. Know that even if you want to own a danfo in Lagos, you need the 'cooperation' of the LASG. And if your 'danfo' is a unique hotel yacht, to be moored on one of the most important places in Lagos states, and indeed Nigeria, you bet that you will need to work hand in hand with Lagos government right before you even get on the plane to meet the seller.

When Dangote signed the multi billion dollar refinery loan deal, what was the first thing he did? - he went straight to Aso Rock and told us without the Fed's support, the dream would not have gotten anywhere. GEJ/PDP would have been happen to be associated with such a unique project. This is how these things work.

So you are correct in saying that when things work, politicians claim credit. When it fails, they distance themselves. Had this thing worked as planned, it would have been a massive coup for Lagos, and invariably ACN. There was nothing of this type in Africa.

I hope LASG will have learnt from this episode.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by BishopJuice: 5:55pm On Jan 05, 2014
shymexx: Lmao...this is a war zone.

Where's this Sunburn Yacht?

more like stubborn yatch!
Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by HowFar: 5:55pm On Jan 05, 2014
Bishop Juice: [size=18pt]Not only is this case closed but the whole APC e-rat machinery

Bros 1 million likes.

4 Likes

Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by Kairoseki77: 5:56pm On Jan 05, 2014
How Far?:

Bros 1 million likes.

Stop replying to yourself.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by gratiaeo(m): 5:57pm On Jan 05, 2014
APC Slams Police For Arresting Anambra Election Monitors

meanwhile they are still languishing in Imo prison.
What about Iyabo Obasanjo and rainbow FM?
You have to give it to Yorubas when it comes to news twisting and they have no shame
Don't be surprise if FFK is behind OP moniker

10 Likes

Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jan 05, 2014
Gbawes:
If I were I'd make sn early exit, this story is just breaking more would soon be revealed when Gej sends efcc to Lagos. Tinubu owns that yatch quote me.

Are you typing English or some long forgotten ancient language ?

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by BishopJuice: 5:57pm On Jan 05, 2014
Kairoseki77:

Do you get paid extra for making those?

savviness and wit go hand in hand. You know this colloquially as Swag
Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by BishopJuice: 6:00pm On Jan 05, 2014
Kairoseki77:

you think everyone is like you that spam this section with your worthless dribble
Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by HowFar: 6:00pm On Jan 05, 2014
Kairoseki77:

Bros when in a hole stop digging. Are you trying to imply am Bishop....you should be a comedian because most of your post makes no sence to discernable folks.

Get the mods to check my ip if you're that paranoid.
Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by BishopJuice: 6:02pm On Jan 05, 2014
How Far?:

Bros when in a hole stop digging. Are you trying to imply am Bishop....you should be a comedian because most of your post makes no sence to discernable folks.

Get the mods to check my ip if you're that paranoid.

There can be only one Bishop who is crazy and don't give a phuck

1 Like

Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 05, 2014
edo girl.....

Thanks for setting the record straight to discerning minds.

Those not convinced can approach the EFCC with their facts for prosecution of LASG for wasting tax payers money.

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by gratiaeo(m): 6:04pm On Jan 05, 2014
edo.girl:
[s]Sorry, this is way longer than necessary, but with nairaland, it is sometimes necessary go long.

I was very much involved with the Yacht in question - right at the highest level. I had meetings with very high level officials of the bank that financed the purchase, and as such had access to tons of real and genuine information and documents concerning this yacht. I know the names of the owners, and I was on the yacht up to a few weeks before it was sold.

I can tell you a lot about this yacht.

BELOW IS THE 100% TRUE STORY OF THE YACHT!

______ The 'Princess' Sunborn yacht hotel was constructed around 2002 by Sunborn International Finland.

______ Sunborn International placed and managed the Yacht in London docklands up till 2007 or thereabout.

______ Around 2007, a Nigerian team made up of a former AD - turned PDP (?) Senator and his partner bought the yacht.

______ Purchase price was ridiculously above true market value and transaction was financed by a local bank (name withheld).

______ By & large, the loan was secured on the yacht itself! No other security!! - very common amongst banks during the Soludo bubble.

______ The Senator was able to use his lingering contact with ACN govt in Lagos, to get the then Lagos State commissioner
for tourism to throw govt embrace around the project on the basis that it would boost tourism and raise Lagos's international profile.

______ On the day the yacht arrived in Lagos, thousands of Lagosians and several state officials and the said commissioner were there before TV cameras smiling and basking in the glory of this new toy that would catapult Lagos's international standing to new heights.

______ Unfortunately, by the time it arrived Lagos, the owners had spent so much buying it, they had nothing left to run it. And the bank would not lend a kobo more! To make matters worse, the two buyers fell out over how to take the business forward.

______ Few months passed, then years. Now the yacht was becoming so badly degraded that it risked becoming a health hazard.

______ With AMCON on the rampage, and rumour sipping out about the shoddy nature of the financing of the yacht purchase, the financing bank, wanting to avoid public embarrassment, decided to exercise its right to sell.

______ By mid-2012, the bank put the yacht up for sale.

______ The senator protested placing warning notice in some national newspapers against anyone buying. But he couldn't pay the bank what he owed it, so the bank paid no attention.

______ After several months on the market, the bank found an Asian buyer. The Yacht was quietly towed out of Lagos I believe on boxing day 2012 with most people getting wind only after the yacht was out of Nigerian waters.

Based on what I know, the yacht cost around N4.5 billion, but the bank got back less than 20% of that money.

Moral of the story

1. Lagos State did not invest one kobo in the yacht and so Lagosians have lost nothing
2. Tinubu had nothing to do with this yacht
3. This was a private project that failed largely because of financial incapacity, greed and infighting between two owners
4. The big loser was the lending bank which got back a fraction of what it lent and has no prospect of getting more from the debtors.

[/s]
Who is edo girl?

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by HowFar: 6:04pm On Jan 05, 2014
gratiaeo: APC Slams Police For Arresting Anambra Election Monitors

meanwhile they are still languishing in Imo prison.
What about Iyabo Obasanjo and rainbow FM?
You have to give it to Yorubas when it comes to news twisting and they have no shame
Don't be surprise if FFK is behind OP moniker

Bros thats another angle, cramjones aka edo girl. grin grin grin
Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by BishopJuice: 6:07pm On Jan 05, 2014
[size=18pt]Closing Sale[/size]

Items

40 Laptops, one desk and one wifi broadcast modem

contack us at our headquaters suite 12b Aluasa seccretariat.

For more details contact Gbawe and agbameta on this forum

5 Likes

Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by Gbawes: 6:09pm On Jan 05, 2014
ilugunboy:

Are you typing English or some long forgotten ancient language ?

Am only warning you so you don't look stupid when full facts are known. But then again you're not known for your humility on nairaland.
Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by gratiaeo(m): 6:09pm On Jan 05, 2014
ilugunboy: edo girl.....

Thanks for setting the record straight to discerning minds.

Those not convinced can approach the EFCC with their facts for prosecution of LASG for wasting tax payers money.
another rainbow FM impostor in making. edo girl my a*s
Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by Gbawes: 6:10pm On Jan 05, 2014
Bishop Juice: [size=18pt]Closing Sale[/size]

Items

40 Laptops, one desk and one wifi broadcast modem

contack us at our headquaters suite 12b Aluasa seccretariat.

For more details contact Gbawe and agbameta on this forum

This is a beat down or what..ROFLMAO!!!!

4 Likes

Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by edogirl2: 6:11pm On Jan 05, 2014
gratiaeo: [/s]
Who is edo girl?

A proud Edo lady who has a mind of her own. Deal with it!

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About 'Lagos' Sunburn Yacht Hotel by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jan 05, 2014
Gbawes:

Am only warning you so you don't look stupid when full facts are known. But then again you're not known for your humility on nairaland.

Present the full facts now or scram away from this community with your half hearted response.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

El-zakzaky: Falana Writes Buhari, Threatens To Sue AGF, DSS Boss / Saraki, Ahmad Defection, Good For Democracy-secondus / Tunde Oladunjoye: Tinubu Is The Most Media-friendly Presidential Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.