Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter - Celebrities (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter (132034 Views)

What Basketmouth Just Found In An Airplane / #jadapose - 16-year-old's molest Video Goes Viral On The Internet / No Joke! Basketmouth Under Fire Over molest Joke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by deltateam: 8:27pm On Nov 30, 2019
FlirtyKaren:
So, earlier on today, Basketmouth shared this tweet which to him seemed harmless.
Unfortunately, it pissed a whole lot of people off.

Basketmouth has since deleted the tweet and has apologized but reactions continue to pour in.
Some people are strongly asking brands for whom Basketmouth is an ambassador to dump him.
A Zimbabwean mother of four even wrote in from the States lashing out at the comedian.

A hashtag #RapeIsNoJoke has already been created to pursue the cause.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2014/01/basketmouth-rape-facebook-tweet.html

Edited:

EU Removes Basketmouth As Ambassador For Sexual & Gender Based Violence

https://www.nairaland.com/5557508/eu-removes-basketmouth-ambassador-sexual

That's not a joke. That's stupidity.
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by joytothewise(m): 8:27pm On Nov 30, 2019
kokoA:
sharap! There is absolutely nothing wrong with the joke. I bet if he had cracked a joke making fun of albinos you'd laugh your whole teeth out. Tell me, which is worse? Stop this hypocrisy.

Everybody is a F hypocrite!!!!

1 Like

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by blowjohn(m): 8:37pm On Nov 30, 2019
BabaAlabi:
Ra'pe is not a joke but what about stealing? A guy spends his hard earned money to take a girl out but instead of telling him she is not interested in any intimacy from the beginning she spends his money on food and clothes like a hungry wh0re.
That joke has been passed around since 2012 and no one complained but now that a celebrity is involved, his contract with glo and MTV should be terminated.....Bad Belle Orisirisi.
Summary-Teach your daughters and sisters to be independent instead of hoarding sex for money. #AshawoWorkIsNoJoke

What the heck r u saying?
Are girls supposed to be used as sex objects?
Did the gal beg him to come toast him?
in the hierarchy of life, is it wrong for a guy to feed a gal from his sweat?
U say she spends the money on food like a LovePeddler!
did she use juju on the guy abi d guy lent his brain out?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by fortunechy(m): 8:38pm On Nov 30, 2019
This is the kind of myopic finking people we have in this country reading meaning in everything.... Bros more of such joke Biko.... Mvhteeeew!!!
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 30, 2019
BotherMleeper:

Hey fukk you, goody two shoes

The internet is not meant to be a friendly place. Ever been to 4chan or Reddit?

You want to meet nice people then go to church and leave us alone, we love the filth like pigs love shiit.

Bye, Felicia.
grin grin triggered much? You're toxic and she shoe fits.
4chan and reddit have silly trolls too cos again, faceless forum but guess why they're actually useful? There are tons of intelligent people having intelligent conversations there. Negativity exists on all platforms but nairaland stands out because its dominant here. The freedom to be absolutely vile and downright disgusting fuels the fire of toxicity that has consumed this place.
I agree, you're a pig and you love shit.
Bye pig wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by virago(f): 8:51pm On Nov 30, 2019
laplace19:
Mtcheewwww. Basketmouth,abeg more of the rape jokes jareh.

As if they don't know what "joke" means. Nonsense!

Not everything or situation should be joked with

1 Like

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Davedblues(m): 9:00pm On Nov 30, 2019
It shows d level of how people don't which others to be successful and wanna bring u down

4 Likes

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Polchiz(m): 9:04pm On Nov 30, 2019
blowjohn:

What the heck r u saying?
Are girls supposed to be used as sex objects?
Did the gal beg him to come toast him?
in the hierarchy of life, is it wrong for a guy to feed a gal from his sweat?
U say she spends the money on food like a LovePeddler!
did she use juju on the guy abi d guy lent his brain out?
If the young man did not toast her, you call him a local guy, if he did not buy her gift and give her money, you say that he is stingy. Now, can a reasonable girl keep receiving gifts and money from a guy whom she has no feelings for? Does he look like father Christmas to you? Is he your brother?
If you just want a friendly relationship then make it mutual and let him know from day one that he is just a friend and should not think about anything funny.
Any girl who is well brought up do not go about collecting money and gifts from a guy who is neither your boyfriend nor a relative.
Never date a girl from a poor home. Dating is serious business for them. Many of them have been used for money ritual which for me is worse than rape.

3 Likes

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Naijaarchive(m): 9:04pm On Nov 30, 2019
Hypocrites
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Afrobasic(m): 9:06pm On Nov 30, 2019
Denikayan:

And what's the age rating and warnings?

Like you grew up in the village and barely know norms and order.

Ode.

What is the age rating and warnings for comedic shows too? Abi did they tell you it was for everyone?

City man keel you for there.
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by blowjohn(m): 9:15pm On Nov 30, 2019
Polchiz:

If the young man did not toast her, you call him a local guy, if he did not buy her gift and give her money, you say that he is stingy. Now, can a reasonable girl keep receiving gifts and money from a guy whom she has no feelings for? Does he look like father Christmas to you? Is he your brother?
If you just want a friendly relationship then make it mutual and let him know from day one that he is just a friend and should not think about anything funny.
Any girl who is well brought up do not go about collecting money and gifts from a guy who is neither your boyfriend nor a relative.
Never date a girl from a poor home. Dating is serious business for them. Many of them have been used for money ritual which for me is worse than rape.

Now tables turn.
How can a guy keep having sex with a gal he won't marry or with whom he has no feelings for?
U see this relationship of a thing is a complex but two way thing.
Guys want sex and more sex.
No matter how well brought up a gal is, she is still a gal and her desires won't change.
Be it time, or a little transport fare, or a meal......that is a females nature.
If we all expect all gals not to demand from us, we should also respect ourselves by not threading the path of luring them into our nests and feeding off them too.

3 Likes

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Polchiz(m): 9:35pm On Nov 30, 2019
blowjohn:

Now tables turn.
How can a guy keep having sex with a gal he won't marry or with whom he has no feelings for?
U see this relationship of a thing is a complex but two way thing.
Guys want sex and more sex.
No matter how well brought up a gal is, she is still a gal and her desires won't change.
Be it time, or a little transport fare, or a meal......that is a females nature.
If we all expect all gals not to demand from us, we should also respect ourselves by not threading the path of luring them into our nests and feeding off them too.
I'm an advocate for no sex before marriage.
A girl who doesn't want sex before marriage should get a job or better still get married.
Your parents are the ones to cater for your needs and not a man.

2 Likes

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by webngnews: 9:50pm On Nov 30, 2019
Oh
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by BotherMleeper(m): 9:51pm On Nov 30, 2019
trustyshoess:

grin grin triggered much? You're toxic and she shoe fits.
4chan and reddit have silly trolls too cos again, faceless forum but guess why they're actually useful? There are tons of intelligent people having intelligent conversations there. Negativity exists on all platforms but nairaland stands out because its dominant here. The freedom to be absolutely vile and downright disgusting fuels the fire of toxicity that has consumed this place.
I agree, you're a pig and you love shit.
Bye pig wink

Haha I knew you'd be riled up, you feminist piece of shiit.

We choose to be vile, you pretentious fukk, so if you don't like it then fukk outta here with your preachings.

Ugly cunt

1 Like

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by homesteady(m): 9:51pm On Nov 30, 2019
homesteady:
What is wrong with the joke? Its very funny grin grin

Wow!! I can't believe I made this comment.
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by HazzanTazzan(m): 9:55pm On Nov 30, 2019
People are so stupid...

Basketmouth didn't say is right or he will or has done that...

He simply stated what happens mostly with Nigerian guys and girls...

It's the reality on ground whicj he compared in different places...

Why crucify him for stating what's happening ?
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by MrCork: 9:57pm On Nov 30, 2019
trustyshoess:

Lol after nearly a year away from this toxic website, I come back just to have a look and I'm swiftly reminded of why i left in the first place. It seems like the most vile people in Nigeria congregate here. Either that or the seemingly good ones come here to be free and anonymous in spewing the toxicity that is deep inside.
Either way, I'm off...again. tueh

angry
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by homesteady(m): 9:58pm On Nov 30, 2019
toprealman:
Sure, till your wife/sister/daughter ends up as a victim. Hope the fun continues afterwards

That post was made 5 years ago, I have a changed perspective now.
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by edoairways: 9:58pm On Nov 30, 2019
zicoraads:
In as much as that subject is a sore one...I think he meant no harm. Buh the pple or families of dose hu hv been victims will think differently so deleting it was the sensible thing to do as well as the apology. Buh calling fr glo to terminate his contract? That's crazy...pple thinking like that are jobless and full of malice.
It is easy to pass information but difficult to retract back.
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 30, 2019
This is definitely a career killer, He can delete it A Thousand times, the enternet never Forgets. it's already out there.
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 10:10pm On Nov 30, 2019
Whoiwannabe:
As much as he may not have meant it as perceived, rape is a very sensitive subject anywhere in the world and shouldn't be joked about.

It's sad that he lost his gig with EU. Meanwhile, the same EU wants to use Uti as an ambassador for their women campaign.

I wonder who's vetting their influencers.

What exactly is the benefit of the ambassadorship? These kinda deals na peanuts dem Dey pay or free sef

If it was glo etc that dropped him that would’ve made me concerned for him not this EU clowns
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Princeofasia: 10:38pm On Nov 30, 2019
trustyshoess:

You seem to be the one who cannot comprehend. Don't be a dunce. I gave a scenario and asked if a joke involving a young child would be viewed as "just a joke" by the same people who clearly don't see rape as a serious enough issue.
Don't just read to react, comprehend as well dear
wait till he gives that type of joke and calls it a joke before crucifying him. in his joke here, he never suported rape. he was listing exactly what happens when nigerians girls visit guys. he said first day, he spends and kiss and she wont allow him Bleep, second day and the days that follow same stuff happens but on the last day, the guy gets pissed and rapes her. now that is what he described. he never said that is what guys should do he was just listing out what primarily happens. so before u all come calling him a rape supporter, u should first understand what he said
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by TheSourcerer: 10:49pm On Nov 30, 2019
homesteady:
What is wrong with the joke? Its very funny grin grin

5 years later, I'm shocked that I could make such a comment. The joke was distasteful and totally wrong.
wow 4 years ago ,,,,, How's life now bruh?
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by tonididdy(m): 10:49pm On Nov 30, 2019
In marlians anthem... "You want me to spend the money, your father cannot spend on you "

Imagine how some witches and wizards go tagging Glo, MTV and UN where they know all basket mouth big money ventures are just so he will loose his job. Be wary of your kind of friends, a joke is a joke and in no way promotes negativity.

With all the music videos and movies on heist (bank robbery), a sane man still would not gather enough courage to rob a bank.

As for girls crying about rape... Dress decently and avoid taking money when you have no services to offer.

Una goodnight.
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 11:24pm On Nov 30, 2019
Princeofasia:
wait till he gives that type of joke and calls it a joke before crucifying him. in his joke here, he never suported rape. he was listing exactly what happens when nigerians girls visit guys. he said first day, he spends and kiss and she wont allow him Bleep, second day and the days that follow same stuff happens but on the last day, the guy gets pissed and rapes her. now that is what he described. he never said that is what guys should do he was just listing out what primarily happens. so before u all come calling him a rape supporter, u should first understand what he said
1.Where did I call him a rape supporter?
2. I asked a simple question, if you dont feel like its directed at you, ignore it.
3. What he said is inexcusable because we already live in a society that trivialises rape and sexual abuse. Such rhetoric however he might want to dress it up as a joke actually gives rapists an excuse to do what they do. The feel they're justified because she ate his food and spent his money. It's called date rape, its rampant and its inexcusable. End of

1 Like

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 11:26pm On Nov 30, 2019
BotherMleeper:

Haha I knew you'd be riled up, you feminist piece of shiit.

We choose to be vile, you pretentious fukk, so if you don't like it then fukk outta here with your preachings.

Ugly cunt
Yawn
You're boring with the insults. We've heard them all before, be more original with it at the very least. Ugh so juvenile
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by BotherMleeper(m): 12:05am On Dec 01, 2019
trustyshoess:

Yawn
You're boring with the insults. We've heard them all before, be more original with it at the very least. Ugh so juvenile

Yeah poor attempt to deflect, cunt.
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by BotherMleeper(m): 12:14am On Dec 01, 2019
trustyshoess:

Yawn

Oh and we all know why you're a bitter, ugly, frustrated, broken mess: you got dumped by a man so you went crazy and became bitchy: thus, a feminist.

is your heartbreak and loneliness the reason you're looking for warmth on the internets? Are you sore at NL because you couldn't find like-minded jilted airheads to sob with?

Trashy little piece of broken shiit.

Fukk you and everyone who saw you today.
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by kingtinnie(m): 1:53am On Dec 01, 2019
Sterope:
So what? Does that mean we should keep quiet over another? I stopped watching family guy because of this same reason is one of the reasons. There have been petitions and the rest to stop the insensitive jokes.

It is not political correctness to condemn those who have chosen to desensitise rape. Rape is sensitive, it is not a joke.

I wonder why petition didn’t go for Basketmouth instead of just trying to tear him down
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by bezimo(m): 2:28am On Dec 01, 2019
BabaAlabi:
Ra'pe is not a joke but what about stealing? A guy spends his hard earned money to take a girl out but instead of telling him she is not interested in any intimacy from the beginning she spends his money on food and clothes like a hungry wh0re.
That joke has been passed around since 2012 and no one complained but now that a celebrity is involved, his contract with glo and MTV should be terminated.....Bad Belle Orisirisi.
Summary-Teach your daughters and sisters to be independent instead of hoarding sex for money. #AshawoWorkIsNoJoke

Exactly don't mind those feminist bishes..they ignore the stealing fraudulent disposition of the long throat 9ja girls but then focus on the so called Rape..i am sure basket mouth was mere reposting a meme of what dating is like in the 9ja dating environment.nonsense. they should free basket jor

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Who Are The Top Ten Richest Nollywood Actresses? / Maryam Booth Reacts To Her Leaked Nude Video, Accuses Deezell, Her Ex Boyfriend / Joke Silva Pictured With Olu Jacobs & Their Son At Her Mum's Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.