Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,769 members, 7,798,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

Tutorials On Solving Dragnet,shl,kenexa(hang Out For Better Jobs) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Tutorials On Solving Dragnet,shl,kenexa(hang Out For Better Jobs) (12771 Views)

Strategies In Passing GMAT, GRE, SHL And Other Employment Tests / Guiness Shl Online Test. / Shl Material Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tutorials On Solving Dragnet,shl,kenexa(hang Out For Better Jobs) by Nobody: 5:26am On Jan 06, 2014
Firstly, would like to thank the lord for making us be a partaker of 2014.
Secondly,would like to thank nairaland for the giving me the oppouturnity to bless people's life God bless you oga seun
Thirdly,would like to thank the moderators for a wonderful job they are doing in this career section.

This is the second topic I will be posting on NL,am here to send a message to all graduate in Nigeria that all hope is not lost and there is still a better chance of landing a great job.
I will be sharing some secret of how to pass appitude test such as shl,gmat,and others as days go bye and also will be sharing past question for you guys to practice with it.
My agenda here is to lecture some individuals on how to tackle questions and the trick involve to pass verbal and numerical...our mode of communication will be via Skype for demonstration especially in the area of numerical but for verbal will solve it here on nairaland.
Also will be using this opportunity to invite other guru in the house to come and share their knowledge because two heads is better than one.for those in engineering and geoscience you can visit my first topic I posted on Nl to see what is happening there lot and lot of informations going there especially those planing to work in the oil and gas.
One thing is to apply to job,the other thing is to pass the test given to you.
Your Host
Imag
2014 OUR YEAR OF GREATNESS

1 Like

Re: Tutorials On Solving Dragnet,shl,kenexa(hang Out For Better Jobs) by Nobody: 5:35am On Jan 06, 2014
http://vimeo.com/69070673 here is video link on how to solve percentage increase,percentage decrease,calculating speed,...always remember it not how big the question is ,it just the understanding...so we are starting with the basic fundamentals of writing test
Re: Tutorials On Solving Dragnet,shl,kenexa(hang Out For Better Jobs) by Nobody: 5:47am On Jan 06, 2014
have written SHL test four times and I passed three times. The one I actually think I failed was the first one (which I didn't just see the result)

To get their Verbal reasoning (also Dragnet's), train yourself on how to extract information from a very short passage without necessarily having to read through the passage.
The way I do it is simple:
(1) I read the question first.
(2) Pick the key word in the question.
(3) Quickly search for the keyword in the passage.
(4) Read the sentence that contains the key word. Try to understand the sentence at one reading.

Look, after writing the tests, I could not narrate any story in any of the passages. That proved to me that I wasn't really reading the passages.

On the numerical,
(1) Quickly study the Chart(s). Identifying the Title, x-axis and y-axis (this is very important). If you do not do this, you will always be confused on which chart to use, or the information the chart is giving. Trust me this will waste a lot of your time. The moment you are familiar with the charts, no question related to the chart will take you up to 15 seconds to tackle.
(2) Read the question and identify which chart to use. If the chart is already specified for you, go to the next step.
(3) Note (in your mind) what is required. Mind you, hardly will you see a staight-forward question. You will need to know how to use your percentage very well and very fast, utilising all short cuts available to you. For example, if an item is reduced by 5% and you are asked to get the current value, you don't have to be doing all the plus and minus there. Just multiply original value by 95%; if it was increased by 5%, multiply original by 105%.
- Know multiples of 2, 5 and 10 very well, such that you can handle them without calculator.
- If you are asked to bring calculator, used a good scientific calculator.
- If they provide ordinary (simple) calculator for you (not scientific) minimise rate of using it because it waste so much time. Your head works faster than simple calculator, believe me.
- If it is online and you are asked to use calculator inside the PC; you have got a leverage. This is the best calculator I have ever used, especially if the OS is windows 7. Just Open the calculator and convert it to sciencific, and check 'History' (Click on 'View menu'>'Scientific', Click on 'Edit menu'>'History'). Do not close the calculator until you finish the entire test. This will help you to go back to previous calculations and still use them or view their answers.
(4) Answer the less verbose questions first. It takes time to even read the questions; therefore, avoid read and jump. Any question that is more than three lines shoud be jump and be tackled later.
(5) Learn how to combine two information coming from two different charts. Most of the questions are designed in that form.

3 Likes

Re: Tutorials On Solving Dragnet,shl,kenexa(hang Out For Better Jobs) by Nobody: 5:56am On Jan 06, 2014
GSE - Practice Questions
The GSE contains three sections, covering verbal, numerical and abstract reasoning. Below are examples of the kind of questions you will find in the GSE. The key to successfully completing the GSE is to read the question VERY carefully.
The Verbal Test

This presents you with a passage of information followed by four questions per passage. Each question contains four statements and you have to identify the two statements that are true on the basis of the information given in the passage.
The information technology (IT) industry has a very high turnover in personnel. Each year, many companies can expect between 15 and 20 % of employees involved with IT to move to other organisations. In some cases, this figure may be as high as 50%. This high turnover rate is very costly to companies, as it takes time and resources to train new employees in the operating procedures and systems of the organisation.
The shortage of well qualified IT staff is the main reason for the high turnover. In order to attract good staff, organisations now offer high salaries to experienced IT professionals. This encourages people to move jobs frequently in search of higher salaries and new learning opportunities. In order to retain staff, organisations are now realising the value of matching the interests and motivations of potential employees with those of the wider organisation. By doing this, they are more likely to recruit individuals with a genuine interest in the organisation who are less likely to leave sooner than expected for reasons such as seeking higher salaries.
Which two of these statements must be true?
A: There is now a surplus of people with IT skills looking for work true
false
B: Higher salaries can encourage IT professionals to move to other organisations true
false
C: Some organisations now examine the motivations of prospective IT employees true
false
D: The IT industry has the highest turnover of personnel in any industry true
false

The correct answer options are B and C, as both of these are stated in the passage. The passage indicates that there is a shortage of people with good IT skills, so statement A is incorrect and as no information relevant to statement D is provided, the truth of this statement is unknown. The Numerical Test

This presents you with a stem of information followed by four questions. The stem can present information in a variety of ways, for example, table, graph, bar chart, text. You have to use the information from the stem, plus any additional information the question gives you, to identify which one of the six answer options is correct. An example of an information stem follwed by a question is given below.
The following graph shows the profit made by three companies over three years.

Over the three years, what was the mean (average) difference in profits between Company X and Company Y
A: £100,000
B: £150,000
C: £200,000
D: £150,000
E: £300,000
F: £350,000

The correct answer is C (200,000). The difference between the profits of companies X and Y is £100,000 in year one, £300,000 in year two and £200,000 in year 3. To find the mean difference you need to sum these differences (£600,000) and then divide by the number of years (3).

Over the three years, what was the mean (average) profit of Company Y?
A: £750,000
B: £800,000
C: £850,000
D: £900,000
E: £950,000
F: £1,000,000

The correct answer is D (£900,000). The profit for Company Y is £1,000,000 in Year 1, £800,000 in Year 2 and £900,000 in Year 3. To find out the mean you need to sum these figures (£2,700,000) and then divide by the number of years (3).

In Year 2, what was the ratio of the profit of Company X to the profit of Company Z?
A: 11:8
B: 8:10
C: 10:9
D: 10:1
>E: 11:3
F: 11:10

The correct answer is F (11:10). In Year 2 Company X had profits of £1,100,000 and Company Z had profits of £1,000,000. The ratio of these two numbers is 11:10. The Abstract Test

This consists of a series of shapes on a grid. One of the shapes from each grid is missing, as indicated by a question mark. The organisation of shapes within each grid is governed by a fixed rule, and you have to identify the rule from the shapes provided and then select which of the six answer options best fits in place of the missing item.

The correct answer to this question is E. Internal shapes are 90 degrees clockwise rotations of the external shape in the cells they share an edge with. The shading of the internal shapes comes from the first external shape anticlockwise from them.

Sorry don't think the graphs will be able to show
Re: Tutorials On Solving Dragnet,shl,kenexa(hang Out For Better Jobs) by Nobody: 6:01am On Jan 06, 2014
More info coming shortly and free free to ask any question will are here to learn,if you don't understand I can explain....again...this is our class
Re: Tutorials On Solving Dragnet,shl,kenexa(hang Out For Better Jobs) by jazinogold(m): 6:25am On Jan 06, 2014
Boss u r doing a great job!
Re: Tutorials On Solving Dragnet,shl,kenexa(hang Out For Better Jobs) by Nobody: 6:51am On Jan 06, 2014
jazinogold: Boss u r doing a great job!
thanks
Re: Tutorials On Solving Dragnet,shl,kenexa(hang Out For Better Jobs) by crudedude(m): 7:02am On Jan 06, 2014
*Ticks register * I don show like show glass cool

Greetings Imag.
Re: Tutorials On Solving Dragnet,shl,kenexa(hang Out For Better Jobs) by Nobody: 7:20am On Jan 06, 2014
Now let solve this class work..you only have 10 seconds put in your answer mine will come last and remember to give reason..state the one that is true or false

Cardiovascular disease is so prevalent that virtually all businesses are likely to have employees who suffer from, or may develop, this condition. Research shows that between 50-80% of all people who suffer a heart attack are able to return to work. However, this may not be possible if they have previously been involved in heavy physical work. In such cases, it may be possible to move the employee to lighter duties, with appropriate retraining where necessary. Similarly, high-pressure, stressful work, even where it does not involve physical activity, should also be avoided. Human Resources managers should be aware of the implications of job roles for employees with a cardiac condition.

(1) The majority of people who have suffered a heart attack can later return to work.
(2) Heart attack can affect people in any businesses.
(3) Physical or stressful work may bring on a heart attack
Re: Tutorials On Solving Dragnet,shl,kenexa(hang Out For Better Jobs) by Iamstrata(m): 10:43am On Jan 06, 2014
imag5: Now let solve this class work..you only have 10 seconds put in your answer mine will come last and remember to give reason..state the one that is true or false

Cardiovascular disease is so prevalent that virtually all businesses are likely to have employees who suffer from, or may develop, this condition. Research shows that between 50-80% of all people who suffer a heart attack are able to return to work. However, this may not be possible if they have previously been involved in heavy physical work. In such cases, it may be possible to move the employee to lighter duties, with appropriate retraining where necessary. Similarly, high-pressure, stressful work, even where it does not involve physical activity, should also be avoided. Human Resources managers should be aware of the implications of job roles for employees with a cardiac condition.

(1) The majority of people who have suffered a heart attack can later return to work.
(2) Heart attack can affect people in any businesses.
(3) Physical or stressful work may bring on a heart attack
i was here....
Lemme try....
1.) 50-80% could be considered a majority so TRUE
2.) cardiovascular disease is prevalent and can affect virtually all employees im business so another TRUE
3.)information not provided in the paragraph for me, this one is false

last bullet: more grace @op

1 Like

Re: Tutorials On Solving Dragnet,shl,kenexa(hang Out For Better Jobs) by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jan 06, 2014
st
VERBAL REASONING EXPO§E
Prefix to say, that reasoning is ONLY LOGICAL, Suffix to hear it follows RULES.
Affix to mind todo a logical SEARCH, MATCH & REPLACEMENT for all STATEMENT options against their ARGUMENTS in the PASSAGE.
Here are the rules:
A TRUE statement is a LOGICAL EXPRESSION passing through the main point(s) in (CONTEXT , CONTENT) void of IMPRESSION and devoid of DIGRESSION.

EXPLANATION/INTERPRETATION:
EXPRESSIONS can either:
QUANTIFY using( all, not, only, some, most, many, much, few, total, average, between x-y; range, percent, numbers, sectors,fractions etc )
QUALIFY using( about, above, over, since, during, before, after, etc )
NEGATE(no not, nor, double-= +ve)
AGGREGATE( gross, score, dozen)
TIME(millennium, century, decade)
on arguments.
IMPRESSION-Sentiments sparked on Readers mind based on writer's or question style(organization i.e a blend of facts & inferences to incite readers to jump into conclusion).
DIGRESSION-Emotions as dictated by the writer's tone or undertone( opinions about the subject i.e praising or blaming the subject matter to stimulate readers.)
Re: Tutorials On Solving Dragnet,shl,kenexa(hang Out For Better Jobs) by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jan 06, 2014
Practice Aptitude tests online.  It’s more than likely you’ll sit your aptitude test on a computer so get used to practicing them online.
Get all the right tools.  Ensure you have a good calculator, lots of rough paper, a few pens and a watch.  Get used to practicing with all these essentials so you’re used to using them when it comes to your real assessment.
Practice as many aptitude tests as you can before sitting your assessment.  The more questions you practice the more confident you will be and the more types of questions you will have seen.
Ask the assessor for information on the type of test you’ll be sitting.  You have the right to ask what sort of aptitude test you’ll be expected to sit, how long it will be and where you’ll have to sit it (it might be at home or at an assessment centre).
Make sure you’re in a comfortable environment when you practice your aptitude tests.  Don’t sit them just before going out or when you’re going to be disturbed.  It’s important to give them your full attention both when practicing and when taking your real assessment.
Take the practice test offered by the assessor if possible.  Before sitting aptitude tests you’ll often be given practice questions to have a go at.  They’re normally called worked example, have a go at those to get a flavour for the type of questions you’ll be given.
Don’t get a friend to sit your aptitude test for you.  If you’re asked to sit an aptitude test at home you may be asked to sit one when you go for interview so it’s no good trying to cheat the system.  Also these tests are for your benefit as much as your prospective employer you both need to be comfortable your skills are up to the required standard to do the job you’re applying for.
Read any guidance provided before sitting your assessment.  Make sure you make a note of how much time you have and roughly how long you should be spending on each question.
Don’t get bogged down on a question.  If you get stuck, don’t let the clock run down, move on, you might find the next question easier and you’ll pick up more marks by moving on.
Move on. If you think a question is going to take a really long time, flag it and if possible come back to it.   Some questions can be really time consuming and you may be better off coming back to it.
Don’t guess wildly.  Your aptitude test score will be made up of a combination of speed and accuracy.  It’s important not to haphazardly guess to try and finish all the questions.  Work carefully and as quickly as you can.  The more questions you practice the quicker you will get.
Spend a few seconds familiarising yourself with the graph/table/pie chart you’re presented with before launching into the question.  Make a mental note of what the labelling on the axis and the title so you have an idea of what information you have been provided with.
Get used to working on paper.  The quickest way to do your calculations is on a piece of paper.  We recommend using a big A4 sheet as you’ll have enough room to do your workings.  Leave yourself plenty of space so you’re not cramming your workings into the corner.
Request feedback on your performance from your assessor.  Find out how many questions you got right and where you could improve.
Use a good calculator.  Don’t use your phone or a very small calculator.  Make sure you are familiar with the calculator you’re using and comfortable with where all the buttons are.  The quicker you are with your calculator the higher you will score.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tutorials On Solving Dragnet,shl,kenexa(hang Out For Better Jobs) by jideaffo(m): 5:03pm On Jan 06, 2014
@OP, May God bless you. Your work here is really appreciated. You are sharing this information with people you do not know personally. I need your email add. Pls send a msg to jideaffo@yahoo.com
May u continue to grow in every area of your life.
Re: Tutorials On Solving Dragnet,shl,kenexa(hang Out For Better Jobs) by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jan 06, 2014
I_am_strata: i was here....
Lemme try....
1.) 50-80% could be considered a majority so TRUE
2.) cardiovascular disease is prevalent and can affect virtually all employees im business so another TRUE
3.)information not provided in the paragraph for me, this one is false

last bullet: more grace @op
try again read the question.. You are most there
Re: Tutorials On Solving Dragnet,shl,kenexa(hang Out For Better Jobs) by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jan 06, 2014
jideaffo: @OP, May God bless you. Your work here is really appreciated. You are sharing this information with people you do not know personally. I need your email add. Pls send a msg to jideaffo@yahoo.com
May u continue to grow in every area of your life.
just send you mail
Re: Tutorials On Solving Dragnet,shl,kenexa(hang Out For Better Jobs) by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jan 06, 2014
Class work two answer this true or false or cannot say

Employees working within organizations have a legislative obligation to monitor the content of e-mails sent to external bodies and to eliminate potentially sensitive internal information regardless of the perceived importance of that information. To guarantee that employees fulfil their legislative obligation and to prevent the possible leak of exclusive information, employers have prepared mandatory contracts stipulating this responsibility to be signed by all employees and additionally, inserted a copyright section to every external e-mail that emphasizes the confidentiality of the information provided. Employee's carelessness in handling information circulated via email may result in serious punitive actions.

1.Supervisors should monitor employees' e-mail accounts to minimise the leak of exclusive information.
2.If salary cuts and permanent dismissals are possible punitive actions employers can take, then they may be used to punish employee inattention to the e-mail content regulation.

1 Like

Re: Tutorials On Solving Dragnet,shl,kenexa(hang Out For Better Jobs) by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jan 06, 2014
I will be the last to answer and explain the ques above...welcome to appitute test 101
Re: Tutorials On Solving Dragnet,shl,kenexa(hang Out For Better Jobs) by Alcheringa(m): 11:15pm On Jan 06, 2014
@Image,
Answer 101.

1. Cannot say
2. True

1 Like

Re: Tutorials On Solving Dragnet,shl,kenexa(hang Out For Better Jobs) by Nobody: 7:56am On Jan 07, 2014
Take A Timely Bold Step
Posted by imag

Do not fold your hands and wait till when you are invited for a dragnet test, rather be disciplined to engage in regular practice so that you will master all the necessary tricks and be very confident on the test day.
Practice with set of test which include actual recent dragnet test. If you want a private tutoria let me know

1 Like

Re: Tutorials On Solving Dragnet,shl,kenexa(hang Out For Better Jobs) by opeyemmmy(m): 7:14am On Jan 08, 2014
*following*
Re: Tutorials On Solving Dragnet,shl,kenexa(hang Out For Better Jobs) by opeyemmmy(m): 7:18am On Jan 08, 2014
imag5:
1.Supervisors should monitor employees' e-mail accounts to minimise the leak of exclusive information.
Cannot say

2.If salary cuts and permanent dismissals are possible punitive actions employers can take, then they may be used to punish employee inattention to the e-mail content regulation.
True

1 Like

Re: Tutorials On Solving Dragnet,shl,kenexa(hang Out For Better Jobs) by opeyemmmy(m): 7:24am On Jan 08, 2014
Nna eh, I have got questions. Brb. smiley
Re: Tutorials On Solving Dragnet,shl,kenexa(hang Out For Better Jobs) by Nobody: 10:14am On Jan 09, 2014
Number 2- If it takes a man 13 years to build a bridge across the Pacific Ocean, how long will it take 13 men to construct the same bridge along the same path the following year? (Answer in 15 words)
Number 3- What is the first word that comes to your mind when you hear the following (One word answer)
eg hospital-sick
God –

Waste –

Gun –

God Bless –

Movies –

Action –

Don’t –

Work –

Money -
Number 4-How will you sell ice cubes to Eskimos without using a gun or force? (25 word answer)

This one has to do with selling skills
Number 6- A book, a CD and a picture; what can you do with these three things combined to make money fast?Answer these ques
Re: Tutorials On Solving Dragnet,shl,kenexa(hang Out For Better Jobs) by opeyemmmy(m): 10:25am On Jan 09, 2014
^^^
These ones na die o. shocked

1 Like

Re: Tutorials On Solving Dragnet,shl,kenexa(hang Out For Better Jobs) by Royalemex(m): 11:26am On Jan 09, 2014
Shell dey tryo
Re: Tutorials On Solving Dragnet,shl,kenexa(hang Out For Better Jobs) by Royalemex(m): 11:27am On Jan 09, 2014
Shell dey tryo.God bless them
Re: Tutorials On Solving Dragnet,shl,kenexa(hang Out For Better Jobs) by chiboy429(m): 11:42am On Oct 12, 2014
imag5:
Class work two answer this true or false or cannot say

Employees working within organizations have a legislative obligation to monitor the content of e-mails sent to external bodies and to eliminate potentially sensitive internal information regardless of the perceived importance of that information. To guarantee that employees fulfil their legislative obligation and to prevent the possible leak of exclusive information, employers have prepared mandatory contracts stipulating this responsibility to be signed by all employees and additionally, inserted a copyright section to every external e-mail that emphasizes the confidentiality of the information provided. Employee's carelessness in handling information circulated via email may result in serious punitive actions.

1 false

2 cannot say
Re: Tutorials On Solving Dragnet,shl,kenexa(hang Out For Better Jobs) by chiboy429(m): 12:08pm On Oct 12, 2014
imag5:
Number 2- If it takes a man 13 years to build a bridge across the Pacific Ocean, how long will it take 13 men to construct the same bridge along the same path the following year? (Answer in 15 words)
Number 3- What is the first word that comes to your mind when you hear the following (One word answer)
eg hospital-sick
God –

Waste –

Gun –

God Bless –

Movies –

Action –

Don’t –

Work –

Money -
Number 4-How will you sell ice cubes to Eskimos without using a gun or force? (25 word answer)

This one has to do with selling skills
Number 6- A book, a CD and a picture; what can you do with these three things combined to make money fast?Answer these ques

If it takes a man 13years to build a bridge across the pacific ocean ,then it will take 1 year for 13 men to build that same bridge because what took the previous man one year to do will be shared among each of the men ,this will enable the 13men finish the bridge in one year.

God-creator.

Waste-thrash.

God bless-success.

Movie- cinema.

Gun-shoot

Action-reaction

Dont-stop

Money-wealth

Work- result

No4- dialogue and perssuasion
since am not using any other violet means to present my commodity ie ice

No5- for me to make judicious use of the three tools,i have to put my information say poem in the book for those who love reading ,in cd for those who may not have the time reading and in pictures for children who love pictures .

1 Like

Re: Tutorials On Solving Dragnet,shl,kenexa(hang Out For Better Jobs) by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 12, 2014
chiboy429:

If it takes a man 13years to build a bridge across the pacific ocean ,then it will take 1 year for 13 men to build that same bridge because what took the previous man one year to do will be shared among each of the men ,this will enable the 13men finish the bridge in one year.

God-creator.

Waste-thrash.

God bless-success.

Movie- cinema.

Gun-shoot

Action-reaction

Dont-stop

Money-wealth

Work- result

No4- dialogue and perssuasion
since am not using any other violet means to present my commodity ie ice

No5- for me to make judicious use of the three tools,i have to put my information say poem in the book for those who love reading ,in cd for those who may not have the time reading and in pictures for children who love pictures .
weldone genius

2 Likes

Re: Tutorials On Solving Dragnet,shl,kenexa(hang Out For Better Jobs) by chiboy429(m): 12:54pm On Oct 12, 2014
imag5:
weldone genius

Thanks a million times my mentor ,i have being following your updates for long while now , and i have grabbed much from you .

A good teacher /mentor produces a good student .

Thank you very much

2 Likes

Re: Tutorials On Solving Dragnet,shl,kenexa(hang Out For Better Jobs) by peteruuu(m): 10:45pm On Apr 01, 2015
ff sir
Re: Tutorials On Solving Dragnet,shl,kenexa(hang Out For Better Jobs) by Nobody: 11:21pm On Apr 01, 2015
peteruuu:
ff sir
uwc

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager / CAPM/PMP Certification Exams / Second Class Upper At 26 Years of age, any hope securing a graduate trainee job.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.