Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,851 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:04 AM

Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) (28394 Views)

Attend a Two-day FREE Workshop On PMP, ITIL And PRINCE 2 / Prince 2 And CISA Candidates For 2009 / Itil Vs Prince 2 Certification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by elebiola(m): 9:01am On Aug 08, 2008
How do i get to be certified in project management. Anyone with useful information on the materials, where to write the exams, the cost for the training. Can u study on your own and go for the exams and all. Anything information would truly help right now. Free books on PMP and prince 2 materials. What are the prospects in Nigeria now and years to come?
Thanks
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by Kashif(m): 11:13am On Aug 08, 2008
Good you've found the other thread.
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by AfricaFace(f): 3:23pm On Aug 14, 2008
Drop your number and i will give you a call
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by Baengah(m): 9:19pm On Aug 14, 2008
Hi,

am interested in taking the Prince2 foundation certification this December. I need info on how and where to get materials.

my number is 08035900951

please call in the evening from 6:30pm

THANKS
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by hoodboi1(m): 4:32pm On Aug 17, 2008
Pls can I know more about Prince2 and PMI.I'll appreciate help from anyone.
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by tosat: 12:46pm On Aug 21, 2008
elebiola:

How do i get to be certified in project management. Anyone with useful information on the materials, where to write the exams, the cost for the training. Can u study on your own and go for the exams and all. Anything information would truly help right now. Free books on PMP and prince 2 materials. What are the prospects in Nigeria now and years to come?
Thanks

Hi Elebiola,
im very much in your shoes. Infact, my search for PM info brought me back to nairaland after a 'self-imposed' exile  wink

@Kashif,
i discovered your very much impressive posts while on this quest. thanks to you,modu and an olomo(sumthin) fellow im much more enlightened about PM grin

@Elebiola,
i decided to write Prince 2 and i got  a quote from a training center(can't remember the name now, would say when i do) and the total for Foundation n Practitioner exams cost N340,000. shocked shocked shocked
The woman broke it down n said that its for the 2 exams, your study materials and training.still the tarining alone comes to at least N200k . i still think thats expensive and would really appreciate if there is a cheaper quote in the house!!!

Yes, you can study on your own i hear. Personally, i would prefer a mix- classroom and self study.  so please if there is anyone who has a cheaper quote about the cost of training, please hola!!!!!!!

thanks.
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by vasu49: 6:38am On Dec 30, 2008
I planning to take my prince2 certification
pls help me out with materials or dumms
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by GsUp: 12:54pm On Jan 16, 2009
Good morning all I am looking to combine my I.T. sales skills with I.T. project management.

Does anybody have any Prince 2 Materials they can help me with? I am looking to sit the exam in February/March, but need to start revising now.

Every help will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

My e-mail is hlex@hotmail.co.uk
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by Tonyet1(m): 9:53am On Jan 21, 2009
hi Gsup

pls i am very much interested in a training for Project mamagement, is there any way i can get the registration info from u, thank u
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by rukaiya(f): 10:29am On Jan 21, 2009
U guyz hrd of Afrihub? they charge N70,000 for PMP for someone that passed their scholarship exams and for youth corp members. u could google their website for more info.
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by Kashif(m): 8:23am On Jan 22, 2009
rukaiya:

U guyz hrd of Afrihub? they charge N70,000 for PMP for someone that passed their scholarship exams and for youth corp members. u could google their website for more info.

How would you be training youth corp members for PMP exam? The rule says there must be some level of PM experience. Moreover, they would most likely increase the number of PMP exam failures undecided
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by goldboy(m): 6:39pm On Feb 04, 2009
Africa Face,

I need info and help on PMI, and other proj mgt stuff, am about registering for one, pls can u assist, my number is 08085441369

thnx
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by bode228: 3:10pm On Feb 11, 2009
I am a certified PMP and training consultant,
For those of you who desires PMP cert. It requires previous project mgt experience (min 0f 4200hrs) as the project manager or project team member. And at 40 contact hrs training is a must for you to qualify to write the exam.
If you dont have these prrequisite exp the project mgt experience then I will advice you take the Associate level exam-CAPM; however either way PMP or CAPM they are very lucrative certifications.
Where I teach the training costs 150k; but if I see seriousness and commitment from the house(forum) members we can arrange the training at far reduced price with all the materials you will need and mentorship till you write your exam inclusive.

Wether you are intersted in my training or not feel free to contact me via-bode228@gmail.com 0r 07041196308 for guidiance and materials.

Be prepared to study hard this is not CCNA or the likes o! No dump! I am a CCNA so I know what I am saying here.
Good luck!
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by mruwaifo(m): 12:21pm On May 12, 2009
I,m givving my fellow nairalanders a killer offer of the following videos for just N20k its the world reknown cbt nuggets series for Project Management
Pls check link below for actual cost and appreciate this limited offer
Call me on 08083862828
or email mr.uwaifo@gmail.com
Deliverable any where in nigeria
*** CONDITIONS ARE NEGOTIABLE *****

http://www.cbtnuggets.com/webapp/store?op=category&category_id=40

Project Management Videos Project+ Series
$249.00
74%* of IT projects fail completely, come in over budget, or finish late. How can you prevent this for your projects? By applying the IT industry's best practices in project management. The Project+ Series will teach you how to optimize results through each part of your project's,

PMP Certification Series
$299.00
A Project Management Professional must know how to do it, do it right, and do it right now. This training package provides the knowledge to execute projects effectively and efficiently, using the proven skills of a certified Project Management Professional (PMP).The videos will teach you the same processes of,

Microsoft Project Series
$249.00
Managing resources can be one of the toughest elements of Project Management. All the details of your projects - who and what needs to be where when, and with what tasks finished and ready for approval - can be hard to keep track of, especially when one change starts,

On The Job Training Series: Agile Project Management
$299.00
Agile Project management is an unconventional approach to successful project completion. It turns project planning upside down by showing you how to team successfully with your business partners and by breaking lots of traditional program-management rules. Successful Project managers approach large-scale problems by building interactive teams, listening to business partners,
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by ulohomuno: 5:23pm On May 12, 2009
Hi all

one thing i shy away from easily is to engage in exchange of words over issues. especially when it has to do with project management. why? project management is a subset of management according to peter drucker and as such has different school of taught, and with the proliferation of certifications across the world on this discipline one is bound to have the tendency to be hardwired that his certification is the best.

i think what i said in my post is a sincere advice borne out of my little years of experince across the public and private sector first as a civil engineer, facilities engineer and a project manager. i did my prince 2 exam soley because i want to set up a project management training shop hopefully before the middle of next year not because it was necessary, but the truth is that after studying the handbook i discovered that PRINCE2 is like a map of project management- it define in detail a structured approach on managing project. it state clearly the roles and responsibilities of all stakeholder on how the project should be managed- it set clear boundaries and define interception.

but the PMBOK (3rd ed) did not (thou i just order for my PMBOK 4th ed), PMI create a body of knowledge not a methodolgy, that makes it easy for those who have practical experience to apply in wading through the tide of managing project- especially the soft skill aspect- building teams, conflict management, negotiation, decision making. that is why the PMP cert. demands an approximate 3-4 years post graduation project management. exeperience. unlike prince 2.

I am confident that in my response i state clearly the project management trend in nigeria base on my experience and why i think in my opinion prince 2 should be a start for new entrant to the profession.

Beside my work, i am a freelance project management trainer (incidentally i have not taught or guide any one on prince 2 except on PMP), especially as a one-on-one coach. the delima here is that as one who want to be a project management trainer/counsellor, helping individuals and organisations develop there project management capabilities, i need to learn how to manage my emotion and be objective, as far as my experience and knowledge can carry me.

just to end a longer story, if you have been opportuned to work in an organisation with a methodology or at least desire to be projectised- you will discoverd such terms like- sponsor, stage gate, business case, tolerance, PIP (project implementation plan), project board etc. these are more of prince 2 vocabulary explicit define in prince2 than pmbok. of course it is a methodoloy- the how , while pmbok is a body of knowledge- what is project management.
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by Eng1xq: 1:57pm On May 13, 2009
A Project Management Professional must know how to do it, do it right, and do it right now. This training package provides the knowledge to execute projects effectively and efficiently, using the proven skills of a certified Project Management Professional (PMP).
The videos will teach you the same processes of project management that were utilized during:

The rebuild of the Pentagon after 09/11.
Lou Gerstner's transformation of IBM from a successful IT hardware company to a multifaceted leader in IT software and computer services.
The organization and management of the recent Salt Lake City Winter Olympics, as well as the upcoming Beijing Summer Games.
With this knowledge you can immediately improve your value to any organization. Project management skills are valuable in the aerospace, automotive, business management, construction, engineering, financial services, healthcare and pharmaceutical industries as well as telecommunications and IT. Your salary can surpass $100,000 as a successful project manager, according to Salary.com.

Instructor Steve Caseley, leads you through the essential skills for project management, while preparing you for the PMP certification exam. His high-caliber training will give you confidence in your knowledge for the exam and for implementing your new skills to increase your projects' success. Like the CCIE and CISSP, the PMP certification requirements are tough and you'll need to do more than just pass the written exam to become certified, but the rewards are well worth the effort. Refer to Project Management Institute's website for complete certification requirements.

While previous project management experience will help you to get the most from this training, anyone will be able to implement its processes and skills to more effectively execute projects of all sizes.

Contents: Project Management Professional Exam-Pack for PMP certification

- What is Project Management
- The PMP and how to prepare for the Exam
- Project Life Cycle
- Project Organizational Structures
- Project Scope Definition
- Project Scope Management
- Project Schedule Definition
- Project Schedule Management
- Project Budget Definition
- Project Budget Management
- Using Microsoft Project to create a Project Schedule
- Project Quality Management
- Project Human Resource Management
- Project Communications Management
- Project Communications in Action
- Project Risk Identification
- Project Risk Analysis
- Project Risk Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Using Microsoft Project to manage a Project Schedule
- Earned Value Analysis
- Creating Network Diagrams
- How to implement a PMO
- Project Initiation
- Project Planning
- Project Executing
- Project Monitoring and Control
- Project Closing
- Project Management Professionalism
- Project Integration Management

You can get this on DVD and learn at your own pace. Call: 08058505012
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by michelle8: 10:39pm On Jun 29, 2009
"How do i get to be certified in project management. Anyone with useful information on the materials, where to write the exams, the cost for the training. Can u study on your own and go for the exams and all. Anything information would truly help right now. Free books on PMP and prince 2 materials. What are the prospects in Nigeria now and years to come?
Thanks "

To get the PMI certification in PMP, you have to have project management related experience of @ least 3years else you go for the CAPM (Certified associate in project management). PMI would not allow you to sit for the exams by self studying as one of the requirement for the certification is @least 35hrs of certified PM training, JK Michaels PM is a project management organisation,

call 07029114260 for more info as regards the fees. In nigeria, the prospects are very high as firms are begining to realize the effect of effective project management as it saves them time, overall costs, and gives speed in project delivery. Dats why project managers are in hot demand and well paid too.

with regards to materials, i know a website where you can download free e-books on project management, dats not do say you dont need the 35hrs training as dat is one of the compulsory requirements.

for more info, e-mail mail@jkmichaelspm.com
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by AGILEPM: 11:18pm On Aug 15, 2009
re you are a busy professional?
, and you want to achieve the prestigious PMP certification?
, too busy to attend your 35hrs training in a stretch?

'SPEAK TO US TODAY AND WE WILL DEDICATE AT LEAST TWO CERTIFIED TRAINERS TO YOU'

(You can also join our next monthly class starting on 29th August @Opebi Ikeja)

We will give you every thing you need to PASS!

Call us on:08098833360, 08098833361

agile.consultants@yahoo.com
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by roasthawg: 1:55am On Aug 27, 2009
Getting your PMP certification is a great career move. Here's a site to help you pass the exam, it offers video tutorials and simulation exams from a test bank of 6,000 questions. If you study the material you will pass the PMP Certification Exam. Here's the link: http://www.pmptestpass.com/

Good luck on the exam!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by asorockpro: 3:16pm On Sep 12, 2009
Project Mgt assured free e-books , past quality exam softaware materials ,
training with 98% exam success guarrantee tution .
only the best is good for you not big names.
training is for just 2 weekends.
I will be glad to have the 1st ten persons that will surely return to the house to
testify successfull examination.
Accept my simple introduction try the content.

Note: Training is not free but if you want it free it is genuinely possible.
sms only 07027192145
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by ashlin08: 1:54am On Oct 01, 2009
have to agree with @roasthawg -- your PMP certification is a great move (especially when looking at [url=http://www.glassdoor.com/Salaries/Project-Manager-Salary-SRCH_KO0,15.htm]project manager salaries[/url] with the certification).  My uncle purely enjoys it, although I think he secretly wanted to be an engineer.  Here's a good article on Tech Republic with tips on becoming a project manager:  http://whitepapers.techrepublic.com.com/abstract.aspx?docid=158322
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by basking4me: 7:59am On Nov 05, 2009
Available certified PMPs for the month of November-December should pl get in touch. We have some things we have to do
and you are required on the team.

You should be within the lagos-abeokuta axis.

Reach me on: ayocatty@yahoo.com for a chat.
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by PMP: 6:22pm On Nov 15, 2009
Are you resident in Abuja and a certifed PMP or CAPM etc from the prestigious Project Management Institute(PMI) U.S.A

You are hereby invited to attend our first informal meeting-

Date: 4th December 2009

Venue: HOTPOT BEFS PLAZA,21 AJOSE ADEOGUN STREET PLOT 425 OPPOSITE MFM H/Q UTAKO DISTRICT ABUJA

Time: 5.00 pm – 7.00 pm (2 hours)

The proposed agenda for the meeting is;

1. Introductions

2. Setting up PMI Abuja Chapter 2010 way forward

3.How to curb unqualified PMP and CAPM Trainers

4. Any other business

5. Informal Networking

Please visit http://ritetracpm..com for more details on our meeting.

Important Notice :Whilst we look forward to seeing you, please take time out to confirm your attendance by responding to this advert; this is important to help us make adequate plans.

Best Regards,
Mrs Ojiugo Ajunwa
Email: ritetracconsulting@gmail.com
Telephone : + 234 803 7090474
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by teamman(m): 12:40am On Jan 19, 2010
Hi great people of nairaland, I failed this exam on my 1st attempt pls i am about to start another journey to pass this exam. Pls I need all the advice and strategy i can get from some of you who passed the exam. God Bless
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by ubiaru(f): 11:44am On Jan 19, 2010
Teamman,
We wear the same shoe right now.But do you have materials for PMBOK 4?pls let me know on ririubi@yahoo.com.

Thanks.
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by teamman(m): 12:42pm On Jan 19, 2010
Ubiaru,

I have the soft copy of PMBOK 4 edition. If you need it I can send it to you.
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by Bowlue: 12:31pm On Jan 21, 2010
@teamman: i av been preparon for my pmp exams since november last year. but i only av 3rd edition materials and i'm seriously in need of the pmbok 4th edition to close up my preparations before writing the exam. I would sincerely appreciate ur assistance as regards the 4th edition.
Email: targetbolu@yahoo.com
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by 960227: 6:11pm On Jan 21, 2010
I do not know much about prince 2 but i can give a download on PMP, prep trainings and some reading materials. I know that you can even do a sort of online exam practice on some websites.

oyebreed@yahoo.com

Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by basking4me: 3:21pm On Jan 22, 2010
@Teamman and Ubiaru,

I am really sorry and worried that you guys werent successful at the exams. I do not believe the problem came from your not preparing enough, I am particularly sure the problem emanated from not studying the right materials and specific topics and knowledge areas the exams mostly concentrate on.

I am a certified PMP and it took me little time to study, prepare and pass the exams. Since I have made it a business to sell the study materials to other people for their certifications courses, I thought it nice, if I bagged the certifications to.

I am a trainer & consultant and I specifically will tell you where you should read. The PMBOK 4th ed is enough work & headache on its own and there are other additional books to add to that, so to make your reading less cumbersome and more rewarding, you should study only the relevant materials, take more than enough exam prep tests and then go take your exams again.

Send me a PM and I will personally take you guys ( just the two of you and for free) through the process I used in studying and passing my exams under 2mths.

You can visit www.pmnigeria.com , a project management website and forum. You will find more resources on passing the exams and also get lots of sample questions there.

All the best
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by teamman(m): 10:11pm On Jan 23, 2010
basking4me:

@Teamman and Ubiaru,

I am really sorry and worried that you guys werent successful at the exams. I do not believe the problem came from your not preparing enough, I am particularly sure the problem emanated from not studying the right materials and specific topics and knowledge areas the exams mostly concentrate on.

I am a certified PMP and it took me little time to study, prepare and pass the exams. Since I have made it a business to sell the study materials to other people for their certifications courses, I thought it nice, if I bagged the certifications to.

I am a trainer & consultant and I specifically will tell you where you should read. The PMBOK 4th ed is enough work & headache on its own and there are other additional books to add to that, so to make your reading less cumbersome and more rewarding, you should study only the relevant materials, take more than enough exam prep tests and then go take your exams again.

Send me a PM and I will personally take you guys ( just the two of you and for free) through the process I used in studying and passing my exams under 2mths.

You can visit www.pmnigeria.com , a project management website and forum. You will find more resources on passing the exams and also get lots of sample questions there.

All the best

basking for me pls aw do i send u a PM? Thank you so much for your concern
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by blackpot: 1:45pm On Jan 26, 2010
HiiT Plc is an IT training institute. We'll train you and provide you with materials(both hard & soft copy).

On Febuary 8-12,we are starting a new class,why not be part of it.

For more information call 01734008 or visit our website www..com.
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by onyii96: 2:13pm On Jan 27, 2010
Can someone pls advice me on where can I pursue a Masters degree in Project management while still working?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Unpaid Daar Communication Workers Halt Operations(photo) / How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? / Diamond Bank PLC: Annual Tsunami

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.