Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,962 members, 7,799,274 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:13 PM

Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) (28390 Views)

Attend a Two-day FREE Workshop On PMP, ITIL And PRINCE 2 / Prince 2 And CISA Candidates For 2009 / Itil Vs Prince 2 Certification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by vitech: 2:14pm On Jul 07, 2010
for people who are living in ibadan,ITILv3(25K) AND PRINCE2 (40K) training holds in ibadan next class starts july17th for ITIL,july24 for PRINCE2.BOOK YOUR SEAT 07052185528,FOR MORE ENQUIRIES call 07032424018,07038119395
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by bimpeajoke(f): 5:03pm On Jul 29, 2010
I have e books on project management send a mail to bimpeajoke@gmail.com
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by iyk1(m): 8:07am On Jul 30, 2010
I have e books on PMBOK 4th edition six sigma and many more
i aslo have PMP/CAPM exam simulators
send mail to iyksmann@yahoo.com
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by sachinji10: 7:12am On Oct 27, 2010
Dear Professional,

It pays to be aware,

Spare sometime and take a look at the independent, India-specific survey report by leading salary bench marking agency - Payscale.

http://www.knowledgewoods.in/PMP/Certified_Project_Staff_Earns_More.html

According to this report, PMP Certified Project Managers are all geared up to earn more than their counterparts without PMP Certification.

So, if you happen to be:-

- Software Developer, Quality Assurance, and Product Management, Project Management Personnel who will do the hands-on work in a projectized environment

- Project Manager, Project Leader, Program Manager, Consultant, Business Analyst, Oracle/SAP/Siebel/PeopleSoft Professional, PMO Director and staff who manages projects and processes

- Executive interested in integrating Best Practices in Project Management with the business processes

>>>>> You should consider PMP Certification today.
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by oye1: 1:32pm On Oct 27, 2010
We offer the following IT Certification Trainings;

ITIL, CCNA, CCNP, Linux, Oracle, PHP, MySQL, Apache, MCP, MCSE.

Our training centres are at the following locations;

West - Lagos, Ibadan, Ilorin

North - Kano, Kaduna, Katsina, Sokoto and Maiduguri

South - Portharcourt, Benin

You will be trained to pass the exams and get certified. Money back guarantee on the training cost for exam failure. For more information, please call 07038449120
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by knowledge6(m): 8:31am On Oct 28, 2010
About Prince2
PRINCE2 (Projects in Controlled Environments) is an originally project management method
Created by combining practical experience (best practices in project management). The method is
the de‐facto standard for project management in the United Kingdom and is practiced worldwide.
The PRINCE2 manuals are available in several languages.

The Office of Government Commerce (OGC), owns the method and the application and use of
PRINCE2 is monitored by the APMG Group. While the PRINCE2 manual is owned and maintained
by the UK Government, several other governments are now recommending its use (for example
The Netherlands, Denmark, Germany) and it has been adopted by The United Nations
Development Program as part of their global framework for managing projects.
Process‐based approach for project management, PRINCE2 provides an easily customizable and
scalable method for the management of all types of projects. Although originally designed for the
management of Information Technology projects, the latest version of PRINCE2 is suitable for all
other types of projects across industry verticals like Financial Services, Telecommunications,
Business Management Services, Engineering, Education / Training, Defense, Aerospace, Utilities,
Research and Development, Construction just to name a few.

PRINCE2 enables projects to have:
• A controlled and organized start, middle and end with Flexible Decision Points
• Regular reviews of progress against plan and against a specified Business Case
• Automatic Management Control of any deviations from the plan
• Involvement of management and stakeholders at the right time and place during the project
• Good communication channels between the project, project management, and the rest of the
organization.

PRINCE2 has now become more than a just manual. When people say “we are using PRINCE2” they
don’t mean that they are using the manual. They imply that they direct, manage or participate on a
project which follows the process/processes, components and techniques embodied in the manual.

Signatures,
Warm Regards,
John
PMP Certification
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by SkillJed(m): 12:12am On Oct 31, 2010
there is one thing i know that all persons going for professional certifications (including pmp) need. but some ignore it and just go into the professional course, and then get stranded somewhere. this is basic computer skills (applications). make sure you have this as you go into any professional course (including pmp), it is unavoidable! with basic computer skills you may even be able to access some free notes on the web, some of those notes, though free, are very high value!
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by oye1: 8:18am On Oct 31, 2010
I concur. Very correct. We really have skill scarce in this country and we need to start changing that.
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by olaolabiy: 10:07pm On Nov 04, 2010
Just had my PRINCE2 (practitioner) results and I passed.  Got the score for Foundation immediately last week. I had only one week to prepare for both. About 300 pages (manual).

I am really happy.
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by blosomy(f): 12:59pm On Nov 30, 2010
ola olabiy:

Just had my PRINCE2 (practitioner) results and I passed. Got the score for Foundation immediately last week. I had only one week to prepare for both. About 300 pages (manual).

I am really happy.

Congratulation.
Let me have registration details please.
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by olaolabiy: 1:45pm On Dec 02, 2010
blosomy:

Congratulation.
Let me have registration details please.

Response to PM:
I thought you're being cheeky.
Are you in the UK? I have got past questions and answers. Besides, I have the manual.
Freeeeeee of C.
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by olaolabiy: 1:54pm On Dec 02, 2010
And, there is still this thing I don't want to talk about here. Nah formal thing o.
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by Sandesh86(f): 8:06am On Dec 03, 2010
I started my career after my MBA by joining KnowledgeWoods Consulting which is a PMI’s Global R.E.P and offers courses leading to PMP® & PRINCE2® Foundation & Practitioners Level Certification in collaboration with Projecting IT - AMPG Accredited Training Organization (ATO) . We are in the business of helping participants enhance their project management competency and also prepare for Project Management Certifications like PMP®/Prince2®.

If we go by common roles prevalent across industry verticals - I found that PMP® Certification is best suitable for Project Managers, Project Leader, Business Analyst, Software professionals, Project Planners, Delivery Leader/Manager, Project Director, Manager/Head Information Technology, Program Manager, Civil Engineers, Research & Development professionals Applicants. It is well recognized in over 180 countries and if your project client happens to be based out of North America, this certification can surely take you places.

While PRINCE2 Certification can also be leveraged by same target audience but it has its maximum impact in UK, Europe & Africa.

While Guide to PMBoK talks about how to do a particular activity, PRINCE2® focuses on what do across each phase.

Stats says clearly that both PMP Certification and PRINCE2 Certification lead to better job opportunities & recognition worldwide.

Wishing you all the best for your Project Management Career.

Warm Regards
Sandesh
PMP Certification
PRINCE2 Certification
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by knowledge6(m): 7:32am On Dec 07, 2010
I started my career after my MBA by joining KnowledgeWoods Consulting which is a PMI’s Global R.E.P and offers courses leading to PMP® & PRINCE2® Foundation & Practitioners Level Certification in collaboration with Projecting IT - AMPG Accredited Training Organization (ATO) . We are in the business of helping participants enhance their project management competency and also prepare for Project Management Certifications like PMP®/Prince2®.

If we go by common roles prevalent across industry verticals - I found that PMP® Certification is best suitable for Project Managers, Project Leader, Business Analyst, Software professionals, Project Planners, Delivery Leader/Manager, Project Director, Manager/Head Information Technology, Program Manager, Civil Engineers, Research & Development professionals Applicants. It is well recognized in over 180 countries and if your project client happens to be based out of North America, this certification can surely take you places.

While PRINCE2 Certification can also be leveraged by same target audience but it has its maximum impact in UK, Europe & Africa.

While Guide to PMBoK talks about how to do a particular activity, PRINCE2® focuses on what do across each phase.

Stats says clearly that both PMP Certification and PRINCE2 Certification lead to better job opportunities & recognition worldwide.

Wishing you all the best for your Project Management Career.
Warm Regards
John
PMP Certification
PRINCE2 Certification
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by awardeez: 5:07am On Jan 04, 2011
@ Ola Olabiy,
Congrats on your successful result!
WOW!! That is indeed a feat!
Could you please forward the materials and your
prep. details to
awardeez@gmail.com.

Thanks a bunch!
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by knowledge6(m): 8:51am On Jan 21, 2011
PMP and PRINCE2 certifications are one of the most recognized certifications among Professionals all around the world.
It definitely raise career path and Pay-scale of Project Staff. To know more about PMP and PRINCE2 hike in pay-scale you can justify yourself at
http://www.knowledgewoods.in/PMP_Certified_Project_Staff_Earns_More.html

Warm Regards,
John

1 Like

Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by jdhingra: 1:32pm On Aug 24, 2011
I did PRINCE2 from Firebrand Training. I was like most of you here - didn't want to spend a lot of time outside of the office. I stumbled upon these guys, and I must say I was intrigued. They provide PRINCE2 Training and Certification in 3 days. I asked my manager for permission, it was company funded so it worked well. This was my first course with a bootcamp company, but I was impressed smiley

Hope it helps!

Feel free to ask any questions.
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by ndkay: 10:42pm On Aug 29, 2011
ur pmp certification training can be done with warri business school 4 four days - two weekends. they are good and teach good stuff. had my training with them, well, i was in the south south around that time. had people from port harcourt coming to class and nearby warri cities. paid 70k had some other privileges included. it was a nice warm house and was worth the cash.
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by raynoni: 6:30pm On Jan 03, 2012
Primose is holding a project management training in Lagos, Abuja and Porthacourt starting in february 4th, 2012 Weekend and weekdays. Check out the website: www.primosepm.com or call 08134831027
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by plus7(m): 12:25pm On Aug 11, 2012
This is a very interesting topic. I enjoyed
all the posts especially those from basking4me
and Uloholomo ( I think I get the name right).

Please, I want us to keep this topic active
especially because of some of us that are about
to start the quest. Please...

I asked a question on another thread in this section
and I still want more answer though I have gotten
an answer. Due to a change in location, I want
address and phone number of a reputable training
centre for PMP in Warri and Benin City.

God bless u as u answer and keep this thread active
This should be the official thread for PMP & Prince2
discussions, but if there are others please send the
link(s).

Thankz!
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by plus7(m): 1:22pm On Aug 11, 2012
@nd_kay: can u give a phone number
that I can call.

Thankz!
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by idy4eva: 8:29pm On Aug 11, 2012
Pls is there any PRINCE2 or PMP training facility/facilitator(s) in Cross River or Akwa Ibom States? I need 2 boost my career and i wish 2 acquire any of these preferably PMP. Materials(softcopy), tips, tricks, prep qtns will be highly appreciated. ibokette10@yahoo.com
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by xta: 11:24am On Aug 14, 2012
idy4eva: Pls is there any PRINCE2 or PMP training facility/facilitator(s) in Cross River or Akwa Ibom States? I need 2 boost my career and i wish 2 acquire any of these preferably PMP. Materials(softcopy), tips, tricks, prep qtns will be highly appreciated. ibokette10@yahoo.com

idy4eva, yes there are.We will train you and assist you in the registration process.We have an office in Uyo and Eket plus we do onsite trainings.Call 07038564425
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by ID69: 3:15pm On Aug 14, 2012
Call this number,you will be guided on making the right decision.08095271645
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by cuteyangel(f): 11:21pm On Oct 20, 2012
ola olabiy:

Response to PM:
I thought you're being cheeky.
Are you in the UK? I have got past questions and answers. Besides, I have the manual.
Freeeeeee of C.
Pls could u send it to me slidewithninnyangel@yahoo.com
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by tinnymerit(m): 3:02pm On Oct 22, 2012
mr.uwaifo:
I,m givving my fellow nairalanders a killer offer of the following videos for just N20k its the world reknown cbt nuggets series for Project Management
Pls check link below for actual cost and appreciate this limited offer
Call me on 08083862828
or email mr.uwaifo@gmail.com
Deliverable any where in nigeria
*** CONDITIONS ARE NEGOTIABLE *****

http://www.cbtnuggets.com/webapp/store?op=category&category_id=40

Project Management Videos Project+ Series
$249.00
74%* of IT projects fail completely, come in over budget, or finish late. How can you prevent this for your projects? By applying the IT industry's best practices in project management. The Project+ Series will teach you how to optimize results through each part of your project's,

PMP Certification Series
$299.00
A Project Management Professional must know how to do it, do it right, and do it right now. This training package provides the knowledge to execute projects effectively and efficiently, using the proven skills of a certified Project Management Professional (PMP).The videos will teach you the same processes of,

Microsoft Project Series
$249.00
Managing resources can be one of the toughest elements of Project Management. All the details of your projects - who and what needs to be where when, and with what tasks finished and ready for approval - can be hard to keep track of, especially when one change starts,

On The Job Training Series: Agile Project Management
$299.00
Agile Project management is an unconventional approach to successful project completion. It turns project planning upside down by showing you how to team successfully with your business partners and by breaking lots of traditional program-management rules. Successful Project managers approach large-scale problems by building interactive teams, listening to business partners,

i have all the videos on cbt,its abt 19gigs,i would love to help pple at a token but am afraid most pple here reside in lagos while am in ibadan.
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by basking4me: 5:59pm On Oct 23, 2012
Are you resident of Ogun State and a certified PMP or CAPM etc from the prestigious Project Management Institute (PMI) U.S.A

You are hereby invited to attend our first informal meeting-

Date: 4th December 2012

Venue: 2nd Floor, Gateway Savings & Loans Building, KM 6, Idiroko Road, Ogun State Industrial Estate, Otta-Ogun State

Time: 5.00 pm – 7.00 pm (2 hours)

The proposed agenda for the meeting is;

1. Introduction

2. Setting up PMI Ogun Chapter 2012 way forward

3. Discussions on challenges being faced by Certified Members.

4. Any other business

5. Informal Networking

Important Notice:
We strongly believe there are a whole lot of Certified PM professionals in Ogun region and will like for us to forge ahead through our own chapter.
We look forward to seeing you, please take time out to confirm your attendance by responding to this advert; this is important to help us make adequate plans.

Best Regards,
Wale Ketiku, PMP
Email: info@pmnigeria.com
Telephone : + 234 7026002609
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by omidan21: 7:02pm On Oct 23, 2012
tinnymerit:
i have all the videos on cbt,its abt 19gigs,i would love to help pple at a token but am afraid most pple here reside in lagos while am in ibadan.

Pls oohhhh tinnymerit,I am a youth corper residing in ibadan too.how do u hlp me with dese cbt en materials.my email omidan21@yahoo.com
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by basking4me: 4:47pm On Oct 27, 2012
Omidan,

Our company, King of CMS consulting is a Web Development & Project Management consulting firm and we can conviniently provide you with an Online training towards the PMP/CAPM certification.

You will have to show proof that you have the requisite knowledge and experience to take the exams. We will assist you on your assessment in that regards but if otherwise we will recommend you taking the CAPM which is equivalent to the PMP except for the years of experience issue.

We have people who have done our online training and passed with excellent marks. We can give you live telephone numbers to show you proof of this, we even have Nigerians in diaspora on our list of online students who have passed.

You can confirm this on the PMI website once we give you their PMI number for confirmation.

Our cost is affordable, only 40,000 that comes with a Certificate that will be shipped to you anywhere in Nigeria.

Send me a PM if you are interested in our training or reach me via info@kingofcms.net

Regards.
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by tushar67: 8:33am On Nov 21, 2012
[quote author=knowledge6]PMP and PRINCE2 certifications are one of the most recognized certifications among Professionals all around the world.
It definitely raise career path and Pay-scale of Project Staff. To know more about PMP and PRINCE2 hike in pay-scale you can justify yourself at

Warm Regards,
John
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by tushar67: 8:38am On Nov 21, 2012
knowledge6: PMP and PRINCE2 certifications are one of the most recognized certifications among Professionals all around the world.

Warm Regards,
John
Re: Project Management (pmp And Prince 2 Certification) by cuteyangel(f): 6:44pm On Nov 21, 2012
basking4me: Omidan,

Our company, King of CMS consulting is a Web Development & Project Management consulting firm and we can conviniently provide you with an Online training towards the PMP/CAPM certification.

You will have to show proof that you have the requisite knowledge and experience to take the exams. We will assist you on your assessment in that regards but if otherwise we will recommend you taking the CAPM which is equivalent to the PMP except for the years of experience issue.

We have people who have done our online training and passed with excellent marks. We can give you live telephone numbers to show you proof of this, we even have Nigerians in diaspora on our list of online students who have passed.

You can confirm this on the PMI website once we give you their PMI number for confirmation.

Our cost is affordable, only 40,000 that comes with a Certificate that will be shipped to you anywhere in Nigeria.

Send me a PM if you are interested in our training or reach me via info@kingofcms.net

Regards.
I'm interested but its expensive.its online and its CAPM not PMP bsides na corper wey we b.na 2 months allawee.if u can gimme a reduction pls reply

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Unpaid Daar Communication Workers Halt Operations(photo) / How Much Will You Earn Monthly In Nigeria To Make Moving Abroad Unattractive? / Diamond Bank PLC: Annual Tsunami

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.