Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,836 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

Acid Attack Victim Naomi Oni Was Allegedly Attacked By A Jealous Friend - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Acid Attack Victim Naomi Oni Was Allegedly Attacked By A Jealous Friend (1139 Views)

Woman Dies After Acid Attack In Benue State (Photo) / 27-yr-old Lady Dies From Boyfriend’s Acid Attack / Acid Attack On 20-Year-old Woman In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Acid Attack Victim Naomi Oni Was Allegedly Attacked By A Jealous Friend by infonubia(m): 4:57am On Jan 07, 2014
[img]http://4.bp..com/-dTVZ8rCmkDI/Ust5tKhBrfI/AAAAAAAAEBI/NRFj4nfVNPk/s512/noami-oni.png[/img]

I'm almost certain some of you heard about the horrible acid attack incident in London back in December 2012 when an attacker wearing a Hijab Niqab veil doused 21-year-old Naomi Oni with concentrated sulfuric acid close to her home in Lodge Avenue, Dagenham in the earlier hours of December 30 2012.

Naomi was hospitalized for a month and was left scarred for life as she suffered serious burns on her face and chest, lost her hair and eyelashes.

The attacker has been identified as 21-year-old Mary Konye, one of Naomi's friend who was jealous of her good looks.

Mary Konye stalked shop assistant Naomi Oni as she made her way home from her work at Victoria’s Secret lingerie store in Westfield Stratford City, it was alleged.

Opening the trial at Snaresbrook Crown Court, prosecutor Gareth Patterson told jurors how Naomi was on the phone with her boyfriend when the attack happened.

“She screamed and felt her face burning. She could smell her skin and hair burning and immediately started running home. Her mother opened the door and found her daughter screaming hysterically.”

He said the pair, who had known each other since school, frequently argued and fell out when Naomi called University of Hertfordshire business and finance student Konye ugly.

Mr Patterson said CCTV footage of Naomi leaving work at around 11.30pm showed a veiled figure following her from Stratford station.

“The evidence makes it clear that the person who disguised themselves by wearing the veil and following Naomi was the defendant, Mary Konye,” said Mr Patterson.

“In the past they had had an up and down relationship. The defendant in particular on one occasion had threatened in anger to throw acid at Naomi.”

Konye, of Throckmorton Road, Canning Town, denied being jealous of her friend’s looks and said she had no idea who had thrown the acid over her.

She denies applying corrosive fluid with intent to disfigure, maim or cause grievous bodily harm.

The trial continues tomorrow.

http://www.infonubia.com/2014/01/acid-attack-victim-naomi-oni-was.html
Re: Acid Attack Victim Naomi Oni Was Allegedly Attacked By A Jealous Friend by livingstoneony(m): 5:14am On Jan 07, 2014
Dats sad, lesson learnt never call a woman ugly.
Re: Acid Attack Victim Naomi Oni Was Allegedly Attacked By A Jealous Friend by infonubia(m): 12:19pm On Jan 07, 2014
livingstoneony: Dats sad, lesson learnt never call a woman ugly.
Really? How many times gave we traded words with friends and called each other names? That doesn't justify the acid attack. What Naomi had called her stupid? Besides, I'm sure the attacker would have called Naomi some names too. The acid attack was uncalled for .

2 Likes

Re: Acid Attack Victim Naomi Oni Was Allegedly Attacked By A Jealous Friend by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jan 09, 2014
to me, that was "intent to kill". There's absolutely no excuse. Only lesson i've learned here is to be wary of friends
Re: Acid Attack Victim Naomi Oni Was Allegedly Attacked By A Jealous Friend by infonubia(m): 8:45pm On Jan 09, 2014
Rawdeal: to me, that was "intent to kill". There's absolutely no excuse. Only lesson i've learned here is to be wary of friends
Good point!

(1) (Reply)

Benue Killing: No Reprisals – Military Assures Zaki Biam Residents / NNPC Staff Kills Daughter ’ S Boyfriend In Calabar Cross River State. / Photo: Young Boy Diagnosed With Eye Cancer Needs Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.