Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,872 members, 7,798,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? (56481 Views)

Photo: Chimamanda adichie With Her Handsome Husband / Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview / Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by Dreyl(m): 3:56pm On Jan 07, 2014
She's a true african girl not like those ones that wear artificial hair like brazilian and peruvian hair.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by callmenow: 4:14pm On Jan 07, 2014
Ms Adichie is not a model and (or) a 'showbiz' personality. It is improper that she be assessed as a sex object or glamour woman. She is famous for her evocative Purple Hibiscus and Half of a Yellow Sun. These are very serious and acclaimed books. I want all you NLs to stop dumbing down this woman, especially some of you who have not as yet availed yourselves of her books or essays. She is the Nigerian Ambassador where letters are concerned. Stop all these nonsense and focus on Tonto Dikeh, Ini Edo, Tiwa Savage and other lesser 'stars'. The Insolence of NLs.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 07, 2014
Let's stop deceiving ourselves, if she truly wants to portray African style and culture, then she should make it complete, by dressing in the African way. Really, she looks undecided
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by Negation: 4:34pm On Jan 07, 2014
Hot and intelligent Mz. Adichie can do no wrong with me. In the end, whether her hairstyle looks good or not - and it does look good - I'm happy that somebody is out there giving the young girls another view to look at, like 'here is someone who likes wearing the hair God gave her'. Balance is important.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 07, 2014
*Singing* Jodie's #African woman#
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by SexyLadyJ: 4:41pm On Jan 07, 2014
Farmafric: May God bless this lady. She is African to the core. With all her American civilization, she has not forgotten her root. it is most embarrassing when our women buy hairs of dead persons or those sacrificed to Indian gods in the name of beauty. As a matter of fact, you can know the worth of an African woman; her mind set from her hair. if she is a slave within, she will get all excuse to borrow other race hair but check out great women like Iweala, Madueke and Adichgie as well as TY Bello and you will realise that they love their unique African hair

Oh my God!
Honestly, I dont hv anytin against dis lady & her hair do but i still cannot belive dat some people in dis century does not know dat weavon is jst an ordinary synthetic. I weep for dis country.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by dambatta: 4:41pm On Jan 07, 2014
elobyobi:
Hehehehe...thanks.
Ur username is errrrmmmm.... lipsrsealed
As for my answer, let's just say if my babe were one of Africa's finest novelists, I wouldn't mind.cheesy

thank you for being honest cos i know say some guys here will not toast babe that is NOT an "Africa's finest novelist" with such hair style undecided
..just for the record am also natural but will NEVER carry that hair style angry...there are sooooooo many hairstyles for us with natural hair to choose from. but i like her books cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by dambatta: 4:47pm On Jan 07, 2014
Dreyl: She's a true african girl not like those ones that wear artificial hair like brazilian and peruvian hair.

oh puuliiizeeee undecided...you n ur "fine boy swag" ( I nova see am before oh na him endnote tongue) go let ur babe carry this hair style? angry

be honest
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by Negation: 4:57pm On Jan 07, 2014
Dammyoni18: Let's stop deceiving ourselves, if she truly wants to portray African style and culture, then she should make it complete, by dressing in the African way. Really, she looks undecided

Sister mi, you mean like this -

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jan 07, 2014
My opinion won't affect her lifestyle....though,it looks cool on her..
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by Negation: 5:11pm On Jan 07, 2014
"Dark skinned girls are never the babes"

"There is a lot you can do with natural hair"

"My whole life, I think like many black women, I hadn't been encouraged to see my natural hair as beautiful"

3 quotes attributed to the lady. Somehow I don't think she'd disapprove of this thread.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by Elgaxton(m): 5:15pm On Jan 07, 2014
Nice isi owu, Chimamanda is always proud of her origin.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by kobikwelu(m): 5:23pm On Jan 07, 2014
Oh my God!
Honestly, I dont hv anytin against dis lady & her hair do but i still cannot belive dat some people in dis century does not know dat weavon is jst an ordinary synthetic. I weep for dis country.

Synthetic or not, is it your hair??

What is wrong with grooming your own Natural hair as a matter of fact..its your hair you are free to do what you want to

but arguing on the merit of the matter

you don't realize how black ladies are the brunt of jokes in terms of fake hair.....Every other races use their hair...but una go they attach fake hair..
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by Vyolet(f): 5:25pm On Jan 07, 2014
She looks like a witch really. undecided
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by odumchi: 5:27pm On Jan 07, 2014
Is this not the style that our women proudly celebrated in the 60s and 70s, long before this 'South American Hair' craze? Abeg, make una free her. It's gorgeous.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by sassyangel1(f): 5:28pm On Jan 07, 2014
Tolexander: Shey this one na hairstyle or barb wire?
Hehehehe... U get mouth dis guy. If we fix human hair u guys will complain. We'v decided 2 do skentele hair,una still dey yab us.... By the way,worrisdis?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by tonychristopher: 5:32pm On Jan 07, 2014
MrCal:

Ladies, You like?
SOURCE: BLOG
LIKE ON FACEBOOK FOR LATEST UPDATES HERE

she is intelligent and her brain is so preoccupied and busy so she won't be doing all .these vane or vain things like attachment or human hair fixing. I so love this hair. it turns me on. I love confident women not some inferiority complex girls that wants to be Brazilian or Peruvian by fixing their hairs

I have notice that smart intelligent women don't do this Brazilian hair thing...look at chimamanda,look at oby ezekwesili ,look at ngozi iweala....

now stupid ones look at these brainless girls around.

CHIMAMANDA....PLS MARRY ME.LET MY KIDS BE INTELLIGENT...SCARED OF MARRYING THESE DANCES THAT FIX FAKE HAIR,FAKE EYES,FAKE EYELASHES,FAKE BREAST,FAKE NAILS,FAKE COMPLEXION FAKE ATTITUDE ...FAKE EVERYTHING.

CHI YOU ARE SO COOL

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by TunjiMsp: 5:38pm On Jan 07, 2014
Creative, loving it grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jan 07, 2014
grin
both grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by cecegorz(m): 5:44pm On Jan 07, 2014
[size=18pt]Original African isi owu!
Made in Abba, Njikoka.
[/size]
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by ItsJonathan(m): 6:29pm On Jan 07, 2014
it's cute.

I like its unique-ness
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 07, 2014
MrCal:

Ladies, You like?
SOURCE: BLOG
LIKE ON FACEBOOK FOR LATEST UPDATES HERE
Epitome of literary beauty. looking up to the date my novels will make me as famous as this. Everybody Is A Genius anyway wink

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by Onyenna(m): 7:13pm On Jan 07, 2014
Tolexander: what is difference between isi owu and isi ewu?

Isi Owu is the hairstyle...... WHILE....... Isi Ewu is the Nkwobi@ngwọrịdọtcọm... Ịghọtago.....
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by ireneony(f): 7:49pm On Jan 07, 2014
seriously guys, brain or no brain, she is ugly ,on top she carry lakelake hair join.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by Gamboh55(m): 7:58pm On Jan 07, 2014
Chimamanda NGOZI Adichie grin grin...Ngozi goes to school..she's just being herself...
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by pharmow: 8:01pm On Jan 07, 2014
MrCal:

Like or dislike?

@op, Why would like something like this? Never!

[size=20pt]I Love it[/size]
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by Negation: 8:08pm On Jan 07, 2014
ireneony: seriously guys, brain or no brain, she is ugly ,on top she carry lakelake hair join.

Post your own pic; if you don't get attacked by NL's finest I will salute you.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jan 07, 2014
Where is the dislike button?

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by Missmossy(f): 8:30pm On Jan 07, 2014
She loves it,that is what truly matters.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by hustla(m): 9:06pm On Jan 07, 2014
she be like househelp

grin grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jan 07, 2014
I see nothing wrong in the hair do.it made her unique. Atleast she wnt be going the rigours of brushing,as in d case of weavons. Go chimamanda, i love ur personality.
Sum1 should please xplain, what natural hair means, is it,d relaxed or unrelaxed hair?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by emmyoha87(m): 9:20pm On Jan 07, 2014
I am not my hair, I am not this skin, I am the soul that lives within.
Humility in success, I absolutely love that.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama / Revived / The Devil Who Loved Me (true Life Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.