Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,532 members, 7,801,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? (56483 Views)

Photo: Chimamanda adichie With Her Handsome Husband / Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview / Chimamanda Adichie & Husband Ivara Esege (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by Aussie(m): 5:26am On Jan 08, 2014
Hmmmm, taken time to read through all the comments and concluded majority in this forum are either not appreciative of being Africans or were born in the 80s and 90s and therefore do not know what used to be in vogue then that the Whites even wish to have our own type of hair texture.
This is the trade-mark hairstyle of a Nigerian artiste who featured in a British drama series and aired on the BBC in the 70s. If the British disapproved of her outlook, which of course the hair style was an integral part, she would,t be invited to feature in a British drama series. She is in her 80s now or thereabouts. She starred with OLU JACOBs and her name is madam Taiwo Ajayi Lycet. No one has mentioned her here which makes me wonder if we really read Nigerian history or Luterature. Guys, study and know about African and Africans.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by joanpinkie(f): 6:21am On Jan 08, 2014
Chineke! How will she sleep with the barb wire ni?

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by deloon(m): 8:21am On Jan 08, 2014
I like the hairstyle coz its pure African and she wears it proudly. We all know she can afford American hair(or whatever) if she likes but she chose to wear this and I respect her more for it.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by Fernandinho: 8:30am On Jan 08, 2014
Looks good on her
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by roxell120(m): 8:48am On Jan 08, 2014
great achievers can play with fashion in order to make a statement without owning anyone explanation. the look is proudly African achiever even without being told.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by kokowe(m): 9:01am On Jan 08, 2014
I just love this lady.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by gtkay(f): 9:35am On Jan 08, 2014
I like it jor...go chimamanda!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by bossladypearl(f): 10:30am On Jan 08, 2014
Problems don't magically solve themselves. Dealing with Issues http:///0cphMtqU05

Succeeding at your job requires a lot of things..... http:///xnvonPYzOO
www.ruthdulacblog.

Ruth Dulac- I just write
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by NemzySeries(m): 10:31am On Jan 08, 2014
d welder or electrician wey couple dis her wit barb wire try ooo.......
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by ceejay4real(m): 10:47am On Jan 08, 2014
Jeeeez!!!! Its such a great pity dis lady is married! If not, I wld have snapped her up at Supersonic speed 'cos she 's just a SUPERWOMAN! Ride on Chibaby, u & ur type ar d pride of d 21st century African/Black woman! God will surely keep and strengthen u In Jesus' Name, Amen! I 4see u becoming the female Chinua Achebe in d years 2 come. Once again, Ride on dearie!!!!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by oketoyinboshola(m): 10:54am On Jan 08, 2014
Na deeper life hair style.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by Dubemkelly(m): 11:21am On Jan 08, 2014
She's repping wella....Watch it,this hairdo wud trend someday in d future
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by kennygurl(f): 11:30am On Jan 08, 2014
it is beauriful na...natural tinx
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by Nobody: 11:45am On Jan 08, 2014
she is more beautiful than all dem girls with low self esteem wishing to buy dead people's hair...i love her.

its a shame Nigerians are too weak to accept greatness...This lady symbolizes greatness,her mind is richer than a billion dollars,will do anything just to spend a day with her.

All of you posting cynical comments dissing this lady that is bringing glory to Nigeria-shame on you all-myopic minds.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by sunnyprof: 12:18pm On Jan 08, 2014
Chimamanda, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, Obi Okesiliowondo and Prof. Ruquayat (forget the spellings) have been like the face of Nigeria in some ways and I cant find 'fassion-craze' or 'fine face by force' as one of their traits.

They work with their brains not their looks.

so why bother about this hairdo?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by forexdon: 1:53pm On Jan 08, 2014
Really cool... Yea
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by mikkyokilo: 2:29pm On Jan 08, 2014
I want to sell my Sony Xperia arc S just 4 months old with the original charger usb cord and the phone pack, Already upgraded to 4.04 with BBM. 8MP Camera, HD video recording, 3D sweep panaroma, 3D camera sycnc with the playstation 3 for HD gaming, already rooted with two batteries, a plastic pouch..... For 25000 call me on 08177634209

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by davidprogress59: 2:42pm On Jan 08, 2014
shocked[color=#006600][/color]ojuju calabar
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by POPEII: 2:47pm On Jan 08, 2014
Beautiful
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jan 08, 2014
POPE II: When is this old hag going to get married?
she is married
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by Etianwanokon: 3:17pm On Jan 08, 2014
TRUE NIGERIAN/AFRICAN QUEEN
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by redsun(m): 3:17pm On Jan 08, 2014
True black woman that represents.She is really deeply conscious.Not like the caricatures with wigs and attachments who thinks that wearing dead white women hair is a symbol of beauty-mental slavery.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by POPEII: 4:06pm On Jan 08, 2014
flawless..S:
she is married
okay thank u
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by axortedbabe(f): 4:16pm On Jan 08, 2014
hatux:
Really I can see ur own na colombian hairstyle..lol
shutup dia,ode..........quote me again n go n die
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by SexyLadyJ: 4:16pm On Jan 08, 2014
kobikwelu: Oh my God!
Honestly, I dont hv anytin against dis lady & her hair do but i still cannot belive dat some people in dis century does not know dat weavon is jst an ordinary synthetic. I weep for dis country.

Synthetic or not, is it your hair??

What is wrong with grooming your own Natural hair as a matter of fact..its your hair you are free to do what you want to

but arguing on the merit of the matter

you don't realize how black ladies are the brunt of jokes in terms of fake hair.....Every other races use their hair...but una go they attach fake hair..

@Kobikwelu
As a matter of fact, i have always loved natural hair. In-fact, it's my best & fits me more than any other kind of hair do but the issue am making out of this is referring to weaves as dead people's hair, it's an ordinary synthetic. period!

Talking about black ladies wearing weaves. FYI, it's not only the blacks that wear weaves, even the so called white ladies u see on TV wear weaves. Beyounce, Rihanna, name it....... They all wears weaves, it's not always their hair u see ok!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by POPEII: 4:25pm On Jan 08, 2014
SexyLadyJ:

@Kobikwelu
As a matter of fact, i have always loved natural hair. In-fact, it's my best & fits me more than any other kind of hair do but the issue am making out of this is referring to weaves as dead people's hair, it's an ordinary synthetic. period!

Talking about black ladies wearing weaves. FYI, it's not only the blacks that wear weaves, even the so called white ladies u see on TV wears weaves. Beyounce, Rihanna, name it....... They all wears weaves, it's not always their hair u see ok!
the,problem is African ladies were those stinking stuffs because they hate their hair and wish their hair was straight, unlike white women who wear such(tho rare) just for fun or extension . African ladies have self esteem b honest with yourself you know it, why do they dyie their hair then ? Are you also going to say its just chemical product? Please love yourself and stop wearing dead people hair. Stay natural
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jan 08, 2014
beyonce and rihanna are not white
SexyLadyJ:
@Kobikwelu
Talking about black ladies wearing weaves. FYI, it's not only the blacks that wear weaves, even the so called white ladies u see on TV wears weaves. Beyounce, Rihanna, name it....... They all wears weaves, it's not always their hair u see ok!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by T3amie(m): 5:01pm On Jan 08, 2014
Wetin concern me with her hair...abeg which Kind Disease be dis one....I THINK i pREFER H.I.V to dis 1 oh

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by SexyLadyJ: 5:26pm On Jan 08, 2014
POPE II: the,problem is African ladies were those stinking stuffs because they hate their hair and wish their hair was straight, unlike white women who wear such(tho rare) just for fun or extension . African ladies have self esteem b honest with yourself you know it, why do they dyie their hair then ? Are you also going to say its just chemical product? Please love yourself and stop wearing dead people hair. Stay natural

I don't know about all your claims. As for me, i luv my natural hair, anytime am carrying it, people comment on how good it's looking on me. I only fix weave for a change of style or for my hair to last longer cos of time constraint.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by SexyLadyJ: 5:30pm On Jan 08, 2014
flawless..S:
beyonce and rihanna are not white

I know but they are equally not pure blacks.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jan 08, 2014
hatux: Dis hairstyle Wey dem dey use 'thread - owu' #20 dey do...lwkmd

Owu hair dey fine oooo

Buh this hairstyle...no b am
I don't like...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama / Revived / The Devil Who Loved Me (true Life Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.