Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,505 members, 7,808,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

Hamann Slams Yaya Toure, Says He's A Defensive Liability. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Hamann Slams Yaya Toure, Says He's A Defensive Liability. (1677 Views)

Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 / Neymar Exposes Efe Ambrose's Defensive Lapses During Champions League Match / Nigerian Becomes The Highest Paid Defensive Back In Nfl History. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hamann Slams Yaya Toure, Says He's A Defensive Liability. by adegwurulez(m): 11:03am On Jan 07, 2014
Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini has
jumped to the defence of midfield powerhouse
Yaya Toure after former club ace Dietmar Hamann
slammed the African as a "defensive liability".
Hamann, a former Germany international, accused
Toure of being the cause of City's defensive
struggles this season, saying on Match of the Day
that the Cote d'Ivoire international failed to help
protect the defence.
City boss Pellegrini however backed his player and
expressed satisfaction with the attacking
dimension he gives the team.
"Everyone is entitled to an opinion - I respect that."
Pelligrini said.
"But I think the team are playing the way I want
and Yaya is a very important player for us. Yaya
has scored 12 goals this season.
"He gives us a lot. My team are playing the way I
like. It's a creative team, an offensive team."

source: www.africaplays.com/news/entry;13553.html

1 Like

Re: Hamann Slams Yaya Toure, Says He's A Defensive Liability. by adegwurulez(m): 11:08am On Jan 07, 2014
I think what most people fail to understand is that coaches assign roles to players, some players play according to how the coach wants them to play.
So while you are blasting mikel for failing to score goals, another person is blasting toure for failing in defence.

6 Likes

Re: Hamann Slams Yaya Toure, Says He's A Defensive Liability. by naijanoni(m): 12:15pm On Jan 07, 2014
^^^ True talk.

1 Like

Re: Hamann Slams Yaya Toure, Says He's A Defensive Liability. by babyboy3(m): 12:32pm On Jan 07, 2014
Am looking for that sentence that has the word "Clutching" and Straws in it
Re: Hamann Slams Yaya Toure, Says He's A Defensive Liability. by striker9(m): 12:54pm On Jan 07, 2014
adegwurulez: I think what most people fail to understand is that coaches assign roles to players, some players play according to how the coach wants them to play.
So while you are blasting mikel for failing to score goals, another person is blasting toure for failing in defence.
Exactly!

1 Like

Re: Hamann Slams Yaya Toure, Says He's A Defensive Liability. by bizibrain(m): 12:59pm On Jan 07, 2014
adegwurulez: I think what most people fail to understand is that coaches assign roles to players, some players play according to how the coach wants them to play.
Very on point.

I once posted it on a topic with regards 2 Mikel stuff dat mikel is only loyal 2 mangers order.Mikel plays is role nd duty deligently without any flaw, d special 1 admit dis.

On d oder hand, yaya toure left his duty redundant 4 d sake of aving his name on score sheet or perhaps d offensive pattern of his coach.

D special 1 tink mikel cant score, because of dat he was left 2 b deligent only 2 DMF role, mourinho isnt xpecting any goal frm MIKEL.

1 Like

Re: Hamann Slams Yaya Toure, Says He's A Defensive Liability. by nickz(m): 3:24pm On Jan 07, 2014
baby-boy:
Am looking for that sentence that has the word "Clutching" and Straws in it
lol *clutching@ straws
Re: Hamann Slams Yaya Toure, Says He's A Defensive Liability. by safarigirl(f): 8:20pm On Jan 07, 2014
I'm tempted to make an unpleasant comment...but I refuse to do so. What can I say? You can't please everybody, some people are still bytchin' bout Messi

1 Like

Re: Hamann Slams Yaya Toure, Says He's A Defensive Liability. by Chimaritoponcho: 8:52pm On Jan 07, 2014
Hamann papa nyash
Even if na me dey plaay alongside defensivemidfield lynchpin like fernandinho,i go tear deffending goat face go dey attack
u knw who fernandinho be? Only dat guy sef na 3 of man utd's marouane fellaini
N.b;i be man u fan o
Re: Hamann Slams Yaya Toure, Says He's A Defensive Liability. by nerodenero: 11:30pm On Jan 07, 2014
In the case of Mikel and Yaya,it is clear they cant serve two masters.One defends well and the other scores well.The defensive and visionary passes at the last AFCON by Mikel was second to none while Yaya couldn't even deliever goals as he is known for.AFOY's crown truly fits Mikel.

2 Likes

Re: Hamann Slams Yaya Toure, Says He's A Defensive Liability. by adegwurulez(m): 10:44am On Jan 08, 2014
nerodenero: In the case of Mikel and Yaya,it is clear they cant serve two masters.One defends well and the other scores well.The defensive and visionary passes at the last AFCON by Mikel was second to none while Yaya couldn't even deliever goals as he is known for.AFOY's crown truly fits Mikel.
I see the exclusion of enyeama as a blessing in disguise. The francophone votes would be shared between yaya and drogba while the anglophones will vote mikel, except the ghanaians cos gyan already said he is voting for yaya

1 Like

Re: Hamann Slams Yaya Toure, Says He's A Defensive Liability. by safarigirl(f): 10:51am On Jan 08, 2014
adegwurulez: I see the exclusion of enyeama as a blessing in disguise. The francophone votes would be shared between yaya and drogba while the anglophones will vote mikel, except the ghanaians cos gyan already said he is voting for yaya
like I said, some peopl will vote sentimentally- I don't like Nigerians, Mikel is Nigerian, I don't like him.

I feel the Zambians will vote for Mikel- they don't like CIV or Toure much. The North Africans' votes could go either way. West Africa will be split understandably, but more will vote Toure over Mikel- they don't like Nigerians much.

Well, we'll see, shebi tomorrow is the day
Re: Hamann Slams Yaya Toure, Says He's A Defensive Liability. by nerodenero: 10:56am On Jan 08, 2014
adegwurulez: I see the exclusion of enyeama as a blessing in disguise. The francophone votes would be shared between yaya and drogba while the anglophones will vote mikel, except the ghanaians cos gyan already said he is voting for yaya
Shame on him if Mikel wins, in fact he should just "go and die" jooo.

1 Like

Re: Hamann Slams Yaya Toure, Says He's A Defensive Liability. by nerodenero: 11:04am On Jan 08, 2014
safarigirl: like I said, some peopl will vote sentimentally- I don't like Nigerians, Mikel is Nigerian, I don't like him.
cry
safarigirl: I feel the Zambians will vote for Mikel- they don't like CIV or Toure much. The North Africans' votes could go either way. West Africa will be split understandably, but more will vote Toure over Mikel- they don't like Nigerians much.
Sentiment will be a major factor in who wins at the end.
safarigirl: Well, we'll see, shebi tomorrow is the day
That is a yoruba word that you used there and to say you took time to know such word and yet don't like Nigerians is rather contradictory. Anyway, I pray Mikel wins.
Re: Hamann Slams Yaya Toure, Says He's A Defensive Liability. by safarigirl(f): 11:07am On Jan 08, 2014
[quote author=nerodenero][/quote]I'm Nigerian, why won't I like Nigerians? I meant the other West African nations.
Re: Hamann Slams Yaya Toure, Says He's A Defensive Liability. by omar22(m): 11:08am On Jan 08, 2014

out of 52 FA's

we have 20 countries managed by their own country man

We have 32 countries managed by a foreigner

We have 29 countries managed by a non-African manager (Mostly from France and Belgium)

So do the maths
Re: Hamann Slams Yaya Toure, Says He's A Defensive Liability. by adegwurulez(m): 11:08am On Jan 08, 2014
Chimaritoponcho: Hamann papa nyash
Even if na me dey plaay alongside defensivemidfield lynchpin like fernandinho,i go tear deffending goat face go dey attack
u knw who fernandinho be? Only dat guy sef na 3 of man utd's marouane fellaini
N.b;i be man u fan o
Okay, using ur logic mikel no even suppose venture enter opposition half cos chelsea ma get plenty midfielders wey get attacking prowess.
Re: Hamann Slams Yaya Toure, Says He's A Defensive Liability. by omar22(m): 11:10am On Jan 08, 2014
safarigirl: like I said, some peopl will vote sentimentally- I don't like Nigerians, Mikel is Nigerian, I don't like him.

I feel the Zambians will vote for Mikel- they don't like CIV or Toure much. The North Africans' votes could go either way. West Africa will be split understandably, but more will vote Toure over Mikel- they don't like Nigerians much.

Well, we'll see, shebi tomorrow is the day

The Zambian manager is a French man
Re: Hamann Slams Yaya Toure, Says He's A Defensive Liability. by nerodenero: 11:15am On Jan 08, 2014
safarigirl: I'm Nigerian, why won't I like Nigerians? I meant the other West African nations.
Alrightgrin
Re: Hamann Slams Yaya Toure, Says He's A Defensive Liability. by adegwurulez(m): 11:28am On Jan 08, 2014
omar22:

He's not the only one voting from zambia, the captain will also vote.
Re: Hamann Slams Yaya Toure, Says He's A Defensive Liability. by omar22(m): 1:18pm On Jan 08, 2014
Look whoever wins it wins it, I wont loose sleep over it
Re: Hamann Slams Yaya Toure, Says He's A Defensive Liability. by striker9(m): 1:40pm On Jan 08, 2014
Hayatou can give it to anyone jare,na dem sabi.I hope naija players will have a good game this year.
Re: Hamann Slams Yaya Toure, Says He's A Defensive Liability. by Polio: 1:43pm On Jan 08, 2014
nerodenero: In the case of Mikel and Yaya,it is clear they cant serve two masters.One defends well and the other scores well.The defensive and visionary passes at the last AFCON by Mikel was second to none while Yaya couldn't even deliever goals as he is known for.AFOY's crown truly fits Mikel.

What has AFOY got to do with the thread?!

If you want to go down that route, i will tell give you a catalogue of reasons why Yaya Toure is a much better player than Mikel!
Re: Hamann Slams Yaya Toure, Says He's A Defensive Liability. by naijanoni(m): 1:54pm On Jan 08, 2014
omar22:

I thought they've changed their manager ?.
Renard was a french-man,is the newly appointed coach also french ??
Re: Hamann Slams Yaya Toure, Says He's A Defensive Liability. by nerodenero: 2:36pm On Jan 08, 2014
naija noni:
Patrice Beaumelle (born 24 April 1978) is a French football coach and former player who is currently interim-manager of the Zambian national team. He had previously been the assistant manager to former Zambia coach Herve Renard.
Re: Hamann Slams Yaya Toure, Says He's A Defensive Liability. by Polio: 2:45pm On Jan 08, 2014
naija noni:

Renard is now at Sochaux.
Re: Hamann Slams Yaya Toure, Says He's A Defensive Liability. by psalmdave(m): 3:43pm On Jan 08, 2014
Slow down...mikel committee at work
Re: Hamann Slams Yaya Toure, Says He's A Defensive Liability. by adegwurulez(m): 8:19am On Jan 09, 2014
Today is the D-day
Re: Hamann Slams Yaya Toure, Says He's A Defensive Liability. by adegwurulez(m): 8:19am On Jan 09, 2014
psalmdave: Slow down...mikel committee at work
hamann is a member of mikel committee right?

(1) (Reply)

Futsal And players Development In Nigeria / FT : Hungary Vs Brazil (1 - 2) U-20 World Cup On June 4th 2015 / Uefa Champions League Draws 2015/2016- FULL IMAGE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.