Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,425 members, 7,800,923 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:00 AM

Could Claims That Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree Be True? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Could Claims That Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree Be True? (984 Views)

Elombah.com Claims That Senator David Mark Lost His Seat / My Take On Stella Oduah's Fake MBA Degree - Femi Fani-kayode / Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could Claims That Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree Be True? by prymesolution: 8:35pm On Jan 07, 2014
More controversies surround the embattled Aviation Minster Stella Oduah. While Nigerians are yet to get over the bulletproof cars scandal, Sahara Reporters is accusing her of falsifying information on the resume which she presented to the Nigerian Senate as a ministerial nominee in 2011.

According to Sahara Reporters, St Paul’s College Lawrenceville, Virginia,the US university Ms. Oduah claimed to have attended, denied she was one of the former students and refuted claims she obtained an MBA from them. In addition the university said it does not offer masters degree programs, so could not have awarded the minister a Masters of Business Administration degree.

To be fair to the minister, Sahara Reporters are yet to provide a copy of the resume and the Premium Times is claiming that the minister and her aides are scrambling to cover up the certificate forgery scandal by cleaning up her biographies on the Internet, removing any references to St Paul's College.

I visited Stella Oduah's website and went back in time to see how the site used to look like. As at June 2013, there was no reference to the college. I couldn't access the aviation ministry's website to do the same.

Also, I accessed Stella Oduah's Wikipedia page and viewed the edit history. I couldn't find a reference to obtaining a MBA at St Paul’s College.

All these make me doubt the authenticity of the story, unless Sahara Reporters could provide proof of the submitted resume (Is that public record too? Just wondering how they got hold of it, if they did). Please note that I'm not in anyway defending Stella. I just saying that the evidence isn't substantial until a copy of the resume is provided.

Could the claims be true? I'll let you be the judge.

http://www.infonubia.com/2014/01/could-claims-that-aviation-minister.html
Re: Could Claims That Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree Be True? by Sloan: 8:44pm On Jan 07, 2014
You must be a learner or downright stup.id if you are asking SR to present her resume! Why should they? Did she ever apply to them for a job? So how would they have her resume and even if they did, they would not for legal reasons make it public because SR is a private company that does not even operate under Nigerian laws. What is important first is not even if it is St. Paul or whatever that awarded the degree, the question is DID SHE EVER EARN a MASTER'S degree? She clearly said she did and it was on her website, wikipedia and Nigerian government (Aviation) website before she removed it. Why did she remove it? Why not add the exact school name, date, time, thesis or publication and in fact a scanned picture of the credential but she deleted it as though that is not the biggest evidence she knows she's been caught and now she's hiding it?

Now to you other lies that you did not see references to Masters degree on Odulah's pages is a BLATANT LIE! A sound brain would first consider that it has been removed to cover up for criminal lies and impersonation of a master's degree holder when she is not. Now, to the pictures showing her claims on 3 websites I took the pictures last night because I knew it would be removed by morning Nigerian time today:

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1502437_Screen_Shot_2014-01-06_at_11_48_43_PM_png9ba672b11275c45a0f323f2a8f749ab0[/img]
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1502438_Screen_Shot_2014-01-06_at_11_49_55_PM_pnge002f44eb59a1e6378fd7db7d8cc1bd6[/img]
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1502436_Screen_Shot_2014-01-06_at_11_33_56_PM_png2cd8d4aea63361cd802971997b5fb267[/img]

Again, I posted these last night: https://www.nairaland.com/1584108/stella-oduah-scrambles-cover-up/1#20735470
Re: Could Claims That Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree Be True? by prymesolution: 9:40pm On Jan 07, 2014
Sloan: You must be a learner or downright stup.id if you are asking SR to present her resume! Why should they? Did she ever apply to them for a job? So how would they have her resume and even if they did, they would not for legal reasons make it public because SR is a private company that does not even operate under Nigerian laws. What is important first is not even if it is St. Paul or whatever that awarded the degree, the question is DID SHE EVER EARN a MASTER'S degree? She clearly said she did and it was on her website, wikipedia and Nigerian government (Aviation) website before she removed it. Why did she remove it? Why not add the exact school name, date, time, thesis or publication and in fact a scanned picture of the credential but she deleted it as though that is not the biggest evidence she knows she's been caught and now she's hiding it?

Now to you other lies that you did not see references to Masters degree on Odulah's pages is a BLATANT LIE! A sound brain would first consider that it has been removed to cover up for criminal lies and impersonation of a master's degree holder when she is not. Now, to the pictures showing her claims on 3 websites I took the pictures last night because I knew it would be removed by morning Nigerian time today:

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1502437_Screen_Shot_2014-01-06_at_11_48_43_PM_png9ba672b11275c45a0f323f2a8f749ab0[/img]
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1502438_Screen_Shot_2014-01-06_at_11_49_55_PM_pnge002f44eb59a1e6378fd7db7d8cc1bd6[/img]
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1502436_Screen_Shot_2014-01-06_at_11_33_56_PM_png2cd8d4aea63361cd802971997b5fb267[/img]

Again, I posted these last night: https://www.nairaland.com/1584108/stella-oduah-scrambles-cover-up/1#20735470

Sloan, you are a prime example of the problem with folks posting on forums. Must you resort to personal abuse to get your point across? You can disagree but be gracious in disagreement. After all, the post never personally attacked you. Please next time, be civil in your response, it's basic forum etiquette.

I'm going to respond to you this one time.

To your points, the issue isn't if Stella obtained a Masters Degree but if she obtained a MBA from St Paul’s College Lawrenceville, Virginia. Her wiki page still states that she received her Bachelors and Masters Degree (in Accounting and Business Administration respectively) in the United States. It hasn't changed.

Maybe you didn't fully read through the post because if you did, you'd note that you can view Wikipedia's previous edit history and compare with the most current version.

Again, don't hear what I'm not saying. I'm not saying she forged or didn't forge her certificate. All I'm saying is, a reference to an article by the Sun Newspaper (no link to the article) is not enough evidence. What the the Newspaper stated the wrong school?

And you are right, she might have indeed lied about her certificate but like Nairalanders say, photo or it didn't happen...lol

I have attached a screenshot of her current wiki page. #Peace

2 Likes

Re: Could Claims That Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree Be True? by MRWHINNIG: 9:42pm On Jan 07, 2014
Stella is going nowhere. All the schemes against her shall surely fail woefully. Stella Oduah -- best performing minister of 2013.

1 Like

Re: Could Claims That Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree Be True? by Queendo(f): 9:56pm On Jan 07, 2014
An accountin graduate managing our air space. Hmmmm, what do you expect? Wel back to d topic must sahara reporters be taken serious?

1 Like

Re: Could Claims That Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree Be True? by prymesolution: 10:32pm On Jan 07, 2014
Queendo: An accountin graduate managing our air space. Hmmmm, what do you expect? Wel back to d topic must sahara reporters be taken serious?

You made a very good point with your first statement. Unfortunately, this post could easily be viewed as anti-sahara or pro-Stella. Its neither. I'm just saying that folks should consider credibility of the evidence before making conclusions.
Re: Could Claims That Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree Be True? by OmoTier1(m): 10:53pm On Jan 07, 2014
St.upid article and thread In sane climes, when a minister is accused of certificate falsification, that minister would denounce such accusation and provide rebuttals with evidence to back up.

Let Oduah provide a true certified copy of Her MBA from the school she attended in the USA, whether it is St. Tolotolo college or St Akaraballs college, she should show her certificate to the world so we know who is telling the truth.

@op, if you are not a paid e-demon, why can't you ask Oduah to do the needful and provide evidence of her MBA certificate? She's innocent of the accusation until she fails to provide proof to show otherwise.
Re: Could Claims That Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree Be True? by prymesolution: 12:08am On Jan 08, 2014
Omo_Tier1: St.upid article and thread In sane climes, when a minister is accused of certificate falsification, that minister would denounce such accusation and provide rebuttals with evidence to back up.

Let Oduah provide a true certified copy of Her MBA from the school she attended in the USA, whether it is St. Tolotolo college or St Akaraballs college, she should show her certificate to the world so we know who is telling the truth.

@op, if you are not a paid e-demon, why can't you ask Oduah to do the needful and provide evidence of her MBA certificate? She's innocent of the accusation until she fails to provide proof to show otherwise.

Another myopic reader. Paid e-angel, if u want her to provide proof, sue her and the court can order that. That's why we have a justice system. She is not obligated to respond to SR or any other news media. What happened to innocent until proven guilty? Oh, i forgot that doesn't work in the court of mob justice.
Re: Could Claims That Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree Be True? by OmoTier1(m): 12:12am On Jan 08, 2014
prymesolution:

Another myopic reader. Paid e-angel, if u want her to provide proof, sue her and the court can order that. That's why we have a justice system. She is not obligated to respond to SR or any other news media. What happened to innocent until proven guilty? Oh, i forgot that doesn't work in the court of mob justice.
Like a thief she is known to be, why will she respond? Cover your face in shame, hopeless character and a disgruntled element.

Go here and read Her citation before the NASS. http://naijasharpnews.com/?p=1994

You are a shameless human being and perhaps a criminal at heart too
Re: Could Claims That Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree Be True? by prymesolution: 1:14am On Jan 08, 2014
Omo_Tier1:
Like a thief she is known to be, why will she respond? Cover your face in shame, hopeless character and a disgruntled element.

Go here and read Her citation before the NASS. http://naijasharpnews.com/?p=1994

You are a shameless human being and perhaps a criminal at heart too

You just butressed my point. If only you can look past ur obvious hatred, you can make ur point without unnecessary mudslanging and name-calling. The url you provided wasn't referenced in the SR article.

Again, the point is, the evidence provided in the article doesnt hold water. That doesn't mean Stella didn't falsify the docs.
Re: Could Claims That Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree Be True? by seunfly: 1:41am On Jan 08, 2014
Even us president was challenged in such manner by some people and he responded by providing his birth certificate to the shame of his enemies( Donald Trump and co). Why is it difficult for her or any other Nigerians in her shoe to do the same? Instead they will try to spine d story by coming up with diffrent aguments, tribal or religious sentiments.
Re: Could Claims That Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree Be True? by prymesolution: 1:59am On Jan 08, 2014
seunfly: Even us president was challenged in such manner by some people and he responded by providing his birth certificate to the shame of his enemies( Donald Trump and co). Why is it difficult for her or any other Nigerians in her shoe to do the same? Instead they will try to spine d story by coming up with diffrent aguments, tribal or religious sentiments.
Thank you Seunfly. No one is saying that she didn't lie about her education.
Re: Could Claims That Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree Be True? by Queendo(f): 12:59pm On Jan 09, 2014
prymesolution:

You made a very good point with your first statement. Unfortunately, this post could easily be viewed as anti-sahara or pro-Stella. Its neither. I'm just saying that folks should consider credibility of the evidence before making conclusions.
i totally agree wit u on dis. Now dt d senate has released her official CV, i think all her crucifiers can now bury their heads in shame. Lik d op said lets try to verify rumours before we declare them as facts.
Re: Could Claims That Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree Be True? by prymesolution: 4:31pm On Jan 09, 2014
Omo_Tier1, How say you now that it's been clarified that the CV doesn't include any reference to a MBA at St. Paul's College? and SR initial story was that Stella's CV stated otherwise.

Just for giggles, I called St. Paul's college and confirmed that the school officially closed down on June 30th 2013.
Re: Could Claims That Stella Oduah Lied About Her MBA Degree Be True? by prymesolution: 4:34pm On Jan 09, 2014
Omo_Tier1: St.upid article and thread In sane climes, when a minister is accused of certificate falsification, that minister would denounce such accusation and provide rebuttals with evidence to back up.

Unpaid e-angel, what do you say now?

(1) (Reply)

Don’t Force Sanusi Out- APC Warns Jonathan / Fresh Rigging Plot Exposed:how Fg,pdp,inec,police,army Plan Against Aregbesola / Remi Tinubu, Others Attend Night Of Tribute In Honour Of Dr Adadevoh [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.