Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:31 PM

Total Or Mobil; Which Should I Go For? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Total Or Mobil; Which Should I Go For? (7032 Views)

NBC Offer And Access Bank Offer, Which One Should I Go For Please? / Total Nigeria Is Recruiting Massively!!! / Exxon Mobil & Shell Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Total Or Mobil; Which Should I Go For? by ratiken(m): 5:00pm On Aug 08, 2008
God has just surprised me beyond my expectations.

I presently have an offer from Total Nigeria Limited and Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited but I am seriously contemplating on which to go for.

Both of the companies are offering same experienced position and the package is almost similar. The Career path for both are same which makes the decision more difficult.
I am in a fix and I need to make my decision in less than a week. I need suggestions from people with good knowledge of these companies and their cultures.

I am very serious about this and I need sincere suggestions with valid points.

Details of my ordeal will be on this forum soon but the summary remains that there is no limit to what God can do for anyone irrespective of your background and class.

Thanks to Nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: Total Or Mobil; Which Should I Go For? by ojubi(m): 6:18pm On Aug 08, 2008
Abeg give me one

1 Like

Re: Total Or Mobil; Which Should I Go For? by earthrealm(m): 6:53pm On Aug 08, 2008
depends on a lot of things,
mobil  has  offices  only in eket n lagos,
total has  offices  mainly in  ph, n a lil in lagos, so u gotta b sure wch city u wanna  reside  in,
package  wise, total& elf  are  the  tops
but since u hv the letters, compare the package n see wch is  beta, i hv a friend who left total 4 mobil 2 yrs  ago,, but i guess  things  r  a  lot  diff  now
Re: Total Or Mobil; Which Should I Go For? by gbainde: 7:20pm On Aug 08, 2008
go for mobil they pay bbetter and eket is more peaceful in naija delta
Re: Total Or Mobil; Which Should I Go For? by seyita34: 8:41pm On Aug 08, 2008
My brother follow your heart.congratulation

1 Like

Re: Total Or Mobil; Which Should I Go For? by seyita34: 8:49pm On Aug 08, 2008
I got an invitation with SLB for pre-screen test.Pls house i need their test format
Re: Total Or Mobil; Which Should I Go For? by tommyex(m): 10:13pm On Aug 08, 2008
Hey Ratiken happy 4 you oo,
Knew you from Shell page then.
If i were you i will pick Mobil,My instinct has always told me Mobil is my dream job, I feel you ll get more exposure ther.
But i dont have much info 2 back it up,good luck
Re: Total Or Mobil; Which Should I Go For? by Ezinwannem: 5:10am On Aug 09, 2008
congratulations
Re: Total Or Mobil; Which Should I Go For? by mygodoh(m): 7:59am On Aug 09, 2008
my brother i am a process engineer working with a multi national and i know what it means working in a perfect producing company like exxon mobil.the location has no role to play like some nairalanders pointed.it is the opportunity ahead of you in the company.this is a company that believes in total training of their personnel and making sure they are matchless anyday, anywhere and anytime.elf is also producing with wonderful package,yes i know! but to say the truth nothing like exxon mobil.their workforce is just too too too organized
Re: Total Or Mobil; Which Should I Go For? by ono(m): 2:40pm On Aug 09, 2008
By the way, can someone rank (in terms of pay package) the oil producing companies in Nigeria here. . . . . . . .from top to bottom? Looks like Exxon Mobil is light years ahead of the others. . .
Re: Total Or Mobil; Which Should I Go For? by ashmanpolo: 2:43pm On Aug 09, 2008
I work wt AGIP as a contract Staff n I know some tings bout Mobil. The company's good. BEsides Pay, the careers development is one in a million
Re: Total Or Mobil; Which Should I Go For? by seunbballo(m): 12:49pm On Aug 10, 2008
Mobil Producing. Yes go for it.
Re: Total Or Mobil; Which Should I Go For? by Dosman(m): 5:42pm On Aug 13, 2008
Rati Ken,

I will like to ask from you when the offer to Mobil was made to you for guidance purpose because some people are also expecting offer from Mobil as well.
Again I will like to know if you are an engineering graduate or a geoscientist?

I will be happy to hear from you soon.
Re: Total Or Mobil; Which Should I Go For? by ratiken(m): 10:46am On Aug 14, 2008
Thanks to everyone on this forum who have dropped any form of advice. I really appreciate your concerns.
I've made my decision based on advice I got on and outside this thread. But my ultimate direction and basis for decision came from God (Prayer works).

@Dosman
The Mobil position is neither a graduate Engineering position nor Geoscience position. Its an Experienced Engineering Position. Th offer was made sometime last week. I hope I answered your questions?

Thanks to all.
Re: Total Or Mobil; Which Should I Go For? by Amax(m): 7:17am On Aug 15, 2008
Don't do what others say,just listen to them but do what You feel is good
Congrats.
Re: Total Or Mobil; Which Should I Go For? by ferpozie(m): 4:12pm On Aug 15, 2008
Congrats oh.Did you do IPS (Institute of Petroleum Studies) at Port Harcourt?
Re: Total Or Mobil; Which Should I Go For? by ratiken(m): 4:38pm On Aug 15, 2008
@ferpozie
No IPS for moi. Thanks anyway
Re: Total Or Mobil; Which Should I Go For? by ferpozie(m): 4:21pm On Aug 16, 2008
@ rati ken
Please what do you know about IPS?Is the programme a sure way of getting into the Oil and Gas industry do you know anyone that has done it?Where are they now?Would you confide in us to know the choice you made finally and why?Some of us may be faced with thaty decision someday by the grace of God.
Re: Total Or Mobil; Which Should I Go For? by ratiken(m): 4:44pm On Aug 16, 2008
@ferpozie
IPS - Institute of Petroleum Studies as I know it is presently hosted by the University of Port Harcourt (Petroleum and gas Department) In conjuction with some Multinational Oil and gas Firms. I know of Elf's interest in the program. I actually dont know much about their programs but I can confidently say that its worth it. I have friends that went through their programs and they are doing relatively fine within the Oil and Gas industry.
But I dont think its compulsory you will get an immediate placement after the program as it used to be. You can do your research about the program but I think its a nice one.

On my decision; it was actually a very tough one. I am not a very conventional person so my basis for decision might sound weird to some. But anyway God helped me. I realized it was more of what I want for myself, the kind of company culture I would want to be identified with.
I might not tell you which of the companies I went for but I can confidently tell you to post right here anyday you are faced with same problem and I will be of great help. I've learnt some things about both firms.

Shalom
Re: Total Or Mobil; Which Should I Go For? by Teaman(m): 2:55pm On Aug 19, 2008
lol
Re: Total Or Mobil; Which Should I Go For? by degbe: 3:53pm On Mar 25, 2011
how about Shell (SPDC) vs Total (Tepng). which one should one take if presented with both offers?

cos i have a friend in dat shoe rite now and he is a bit confused.
Re: Total Or Mobil; Which Should I Go For? by imikzy: 2:00pm On Jan 06, 2016
Please can someone who has successfully gone through a mechanical Industrial training in Chevron, Shell, or Mobil, in port Harcourt tell me d procedures nd requirements from start to finish, so i can start making preparations. Thanks
Re: Total Or Mobil; Which Should I Go For? by anticent(m): 2:37pm On Jan 06, 2016
Mobil is your best bet. They have classic career development opportunity and all their asset is deepwater. This opens you to rare skills because people with deepwater asset experience are limited.
Re: Total Or Mobil; Which Should I Go For? by Eve62(f): 3:19pm On Jan 06, 2016
anticent:
Mobil is your best bet. They have classic career development opportunity and all their asset is deepwater. This opens you to rare skills because people with deepwater asset experience are limited.

bros abeg check d date. d op sef has forgotten he created this tread
Re: Total Or Mobil; Which Should I Go For? by imikzy: 3:27pm On Jan 06, 2016
Please i need responses...please help me out
Re: Total Or Mobil; Which Should I Go For? by anticent(m): 3:59pm On Jan 06, 2016
Eve62:

bros abeg check d date. d op sef has forgotten he created this tread

Haha hah. This is regretted.
Re: Total Or Mobil; Which Should I Go For? by martobi: 10:23am On Nov 21, 2018
Exxon Mobil Aptitude test past questions and answers available at
https://www.teststreams.com/studypack/exxon-mobil-job-aptitude-test-past-questions-studypack/
Re: Total Or Mobil; Which Should I Go For? by MacMaster01(m): 10:07pm On Oct 17, 2019

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

www.Jobler.me : A Search Engine For Job Seekers - See All The Jobs In Nigeria / Seio Oil And Gas Graduate Trainee Program / ASCON Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.