Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,825 members, 7,802,632 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:54 PM

Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls (14128 Views)

What's Your Pick?? Team Marvel Comics Or Team DC Comics. / Marvel Cinematic Universe / Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by cao(f): 9:19pm On Aug 01, 2014
Guykhena:
Does it rhyme with "Boward the Hawk" grin (don't ask me how I know,love spoilers grin )

Hmm,
Was the characters all filled with humour or were there a bit of seriousness in them?

Yup, every one and their mama knows that, but I was trying to be good.

Star-Lord: funny guy, still a kid at heart, you'll definitely laugh during the title credit sequence. There's a proper WTF funny scene during the big battle. He's responsible for the majority of the comedy in this film. Chris Pratt owns this role.
Drax: Serious, though his comedy comes from the fact that he takes things too literally.
Groot: this tree practically says the same thing over and over again, but has his moments. And seriously by the end you'll just want to hug him. Marvel making me have mushy feelings for a gorram tree!
Rocket: he's a talking raccoon, of course he's funny in a BAMF way.
Gamora: serious, but does have one of the best "nope this ain't gonna happen" lines I've heard in a film.

It's kinda like Iron-Man - kinda serious kinda funny, whole lotta butt kicking.
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Guykhena(m): 9:39pm On Aug 01, 2014
cao:

Yup, every one and their mama knows that, but I was trying to be good.

Star-Lord: funny guy, still a kid at heart, you'll definitely laugh during the title credit sequence. There's a proper WTF funny scene during the big battle. He's responsible for the majority of the comedy in this film. Chris Pratt owns this role.
Drax: Serious, though his comedy comes from the fact that he takes things too literally.
Groot: this tree practically says the same thing over and over again, but has his moments. And seriously by the end you'll just want to hug him. Marvel making me have mushy feelings for a gorram tree!
Rocket: he's a talking raccoon, of course he's funny in a BAMF way.
Gamora: serious, but does have one of the best "nope this ain't gonna happen" lines I've heard in a film.

It's kinda like Iron-Man - kinda serious kinda funny, whole lotta butt kicking.

Hmm,seems fun,
Was there any reference of Thanos,and the whole cosmic thing?
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Donjay007(m): 9:41pm On Aug 01, 2014
cao:

That's Stan Lee for you, dude loves his alliteration, in fact Raj pointed this out on an episode of The Big Bang Theory.
dude u read my mind,daz exactly wer i got it frm.ddnt knw pple watch big bang
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by cao(f): 9:44pm On Aug 01, 2014
Guykhena:

Hmm,seems fun,
Was there any reference of Thanos,and the whole cosmic thing?

Dude, we didn't just get a reference; we saw that mofo in the flesh!
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Guykhena(m): 9:50pm On Aug 01, 2014
cao:

Dude, we didn't just get a reference; we saw that mofo in the flesh!
shocked
Woah,now I need to see this.. Can't wait to check this movie out in the cinema.
The Mad Titan smiley

Was he on screen for a Cameo appearance,or he had a bigger role in GOTD?
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by cao(f): 10:05pm On Aug 01, 2014
Guykhena:
shocked
Woah,now I need to see this.. Can't wait to check this movie out in the cinema.
The Mad Titan smiley

Was he on screen for a Cameo appearance,or he had a bigger role in GOTD?

He does have a scene, where he speaks and looks imposing. He does kinda drive the plot a bit, since Nebula & Gamora are his adopted children...as you know that guy has issues...and he has an agreement with Ronan.
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by Guykhena(m): 10:20pm On Aug 01, 2014
cao:

He does have a scene, where he speaks and looks imposing. He does kinda drive the plot a bit, since Nebula & Gamora are his adopted children...as you know that guy has issues...and he has an agreement with Ronan.
Oh cool,
Big Bad Thanos..
Am really looking forward in seeing this movie.
And if it's a huge success it paves way for other space(out of this world) movies.

So with what you've seen in GOTG,are you looking forward to a Sequel?
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by cao(f): 10:25pm On Aug 01, 2014
Guykhena:
Oh cool,
Big Bad Thanos..
Am really looking forward in seeing this movie.
And if it's a huge success it paves way for other space(out of this world) movies.

So with what you've seen in GOTG,are you looking forward to a Sequel?

Hell yes! I must hear the Awesome Mix Vol. 2, a sequel seems certain with the same writer-director (James Gunn) doing it.
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by pickabeau1: 1:30pm On Aug 02, 2014
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by RayMcBlue(m): 6:01pm On Aug 02, 2014
Marvel Comics: Imitating DC since 01BC. grin
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by cao(f): 6:23pm On Aug 02, 2014
RayMcBlue: Marvel Comics: Imitating DC since 01BC. grin

Ah...good old fashion trolling...

1 Like

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by prof800(m): 3:52pm On Aug 09, 2014
Marvel has a superhero named Throg. He's a frog that has the power of Thor.

Frog Thor of Thunder |
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by RayMcBlue(m): 9:48pm On Aug 09, 2014
prof800: Marvel has a superhero named Throg. He's a frog that has the power of Thor.

Frog Thor of Thunder |

grin grin grin

Probably stronger than Thor himself... Oh I almost forgot! Thor has undergone a sex change and is known as Thoress presently. grin grin
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by moneyallowed(m): 11:23pm On Aug 09, 2014
RayMcBlue:

grin grin grin

Probably stronger than Thor himself... Oh I almost forgot! Thor has undergone a sex change and is known as Thoress presently. grin grin
Oh crap....that's it! Lemme do a piece titled the awesomeness of DC universe. I hereby present to you the best Superheroes DC comics has to offer
Aquaman!____Superpower- well talks to fishes.and mermaids. and crabs of course. plus did i mention he has this giant fork that is his lethal weapon? oh and his sidekick is the amazing Aqua lad who, you guessed it, talks to fishes too!
Bouncing Boy___ Superpower- He's practically bounces around like a giant balloon and squashes the bad guys to nothingness.
Sportsmaster___ Superpower- now this dude is just bad news. you know he's really good at sports and if you're a supervillain beware, for he'll knock you senseless with a golfball. or baseball. or any handy sport equipment.
Black Condor____superpower- nothing much here. dude in a prostitute costume that flies around. thanks to the birds of Mongolia. who magically taught him how to fly and visit justice on the pimps of this evil world.
Doll man____Superpower- whaddya think? his title says it all
Arm Fall Off Boy____Superpower- when our hero is sufficiently vexed, he has the divine power to detach his arm and beat you to death with it. yup I kid you not
Codpiece______Superpower- gotta admit this folks, dude's original. he has an arsenal in his penis. oh yes guns, scissors, pliers, bazookas( one time he produced a 16 inch hammer). whatever you need, he has it
Granny Goodness_____Superpower- She knows her martial arts. EOD
Mad Eater Lad____Superpower- Eats anything in sight. talk about hungry!
Section 8____these guys take the prize. they comprise - Six pack(the best drunk in the universe),Dog welder(as the name implies. the welding is to your face),Shakes(he's got the shakes..as in Parkinson's),Flemgem(case of pneumonia), Jean de baton baton(French speaker, beats people with baguettes, don't ask me I dunno what that is either),Defenestrator(he'll smash a window into your head, not your head into a window, and he carries said window around with him; don't ask me how).
There you have it! mind you this is an abridged list. if I remember any more I'll be sure to remind you DC twats(Color kid, Infectious lass, Ambush bug,....dem plenty)

1 Like

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by nesi: 11:32pm On Aug 09, 2014
tell them abeg. trolls oshigrin
moneyallowed:
Oh crap....that's it! Lemme do a piece titled the awesomeness of DC universe. I hereby present to you the best Superheroes DC comics has to offer
Aquaman!____Superpower- well talks to fishes.and mermaids. and crabs of course. plus did i mention he has this giant fork that is his lethal weapon? oh and his sidekick is the amazing Aqua lad who, you guessed it, talks to fishes too!
Bouncing Boy___ Superpower- He's practically bounces around like a giant balloon and squashes the bad guys to nothingness.
Sportsmaster___ Superpower- now this dude is just bad news. you know he's really good at sports and if you're a supervillain beware, for he'll knock you senseless with a golfball. or baseball. or any handy sport equipment.
Black Condor____superpower- nothing much here. dude in a prostitute costume that flies around. thanks to the birds of Mongolia. who magically taught him how to fly and visit justice on the pimps of this evil world.
Doll man____Superpower- whaddya think? his title says it all
Arm Fall Off Boy____Superpower- when our hero is sufficiently vexed, he has the divine power to detach his arm and beat you to death with it. yup I kid you not
Codpiece______Superpower- gotta admit this folks, dude's original. he has an arsenal in his penis. oh yes guns, scissors, pliers, bazookas( one time he produced a 16 inch hammer). whatever you need, he has it
Granny Goodness_____Superpower- She knows her martial arts. EOD
Mad Eater Lad____Superpower- Eats anything in sight. talk about hungry!
Section 8____these guys take the prize. they comprise - Six pack(the best drunk in the universe),Dog welder(as the name implies. the welding is to your face),Shakes(he's got the shakes..as in Parkinson's),Flemgem(case of pneumonia), Jean de baton baton(French speaker, beats people with baguettes, don't ask me I dunno what that is either),Defenestrator(he'll smash a window into your head, not your head into a window, and he carries said window around with him; don't ask me how).
There you have it! mind you this is an abridged list. if I remember any more I'll be sure to remind you DC twats(Color kid, Infectious lass, Ambush bug,....dem plenty)
Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by cao(f): 1:42am On Aug 10, 2014
The female Thor is called Thor. From what I've gathered, original Thor is no longer considered worthy by Mjolnir, and it's chosen a new worthy welder. Well, TPTB have decided to change the "whosoever holds this Hammer" spiel to now be gender neutral (no longer just for dudes or a dude that was transformed into a frog), so as long as they hold Mjolnir they're Thor.

I'm surprised no one is talking about the black Captain America. I can see the fanboys losing their pretty little heads. At least, it looks like Marvel have grown a pair to try to change the status quo.

DC, why hasn't Wonder Woman appeared in a live action anything? Seriously, folks have only had Linda Carter for about 40 years... Superman & Batman have had how many films, how many tv shows, how many actors? Only 1 live action WW...and you say she's part of your big 3.

Geez, Black Widow has appeared as an actual BAMF in the MCU films, and will appear in her own film soon. It's only now they will bring WW in Batman v Superman. This will be her first film appearance. Y'all messed up on that one.

1 Like

Re: Thread For "Marvel Comics" Fanboys And Fangirls by prof800(m): 11:58am On Aug 11, 2014
Whoopaah!!!

I have this 'Sonic Super Punch' and I'm gonna whoop your a$$.!

[img]http://dialogwheel.files./2014/02/kamala_khan.jpg[/img]
yeah... yeah!!!

grin grin grin grin grin

I am that Muslim Sister from Pakistan.
I will strike you Arabically!

MS. MARVEL, ain't you marvelling now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

'Widow' Movie With Stella Damascus (Kingsley Ogoro Productions) / Avatar And Ben-10 Boys / Who Do You Prefer Jackie Chan Or Jet Li ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.