Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,426 members, 7,800,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:14 AM

90% Of Sokoto Legislators Decamp To APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 90% Of Sokoto Legislators Decamp To APC (21906 Views)

Lawani, Ode, Agada, Decamp To APC (photos) / Salaries Of Federal And State Legislators - Vanguard / PDP Chairman, Executives Decamp To APC In Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

90% Of Sokoto Legislators Decamp To APC by ceo4eva: 1:44pm On Jan 08, 2014
The lawmakers said they took the decision to join Governor Wamakko in the APC.

The majority of the members of the Sokoto State House of Assembly have defected to the All Progressives Congress, APC, from the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.
Twenty seven out of the 30 members of the Assembly took the decision to move the APC on Wednesday, lawmakers said.

The Chairman of the House Committee on Information, Malami Basakkwace, informed PREMIUM TIMES over the telephone that the members decided to move to the APC to follow the state governor, Aliyu Wamakko, who was one of the five governors that defected to the APC.

“We are moving in line the decision of his Excellency Governor Aliyu Wamakko to also move over to the APC,” he said. The defectors include the speaker of the assembly and other principal officials.

Mr. Basakkwace also said since the defection of the governors, people from the 27 constituencies have mounted pressure on the legislators to follow the governor. He added that the crisis in the PDP, which led to the factionalisation of the party at both state and national level, also made them leave.

Another member, Abdulsamad Dasuki, also told PREMIUM TIMES that Nigeria’s constitution allows them freedom of association, and that the crisis in the PDP appears to be increasing by the day.

“The PDP Umbrella is torn and we have to follow the wishes of our people,” he said.

Mr. Dasuki also said the three remaining members may also defect.

“I am sure they would do the same when they finally came back, they were absent today (Wednesday) due to illness and other commitments,” he said.

PREMIUM TIMES learnt that the lawmakers moved from the Assembly complex, where they took the decision to defect on Wednesday, to the Sokoto Government House to inform Mr. Wamakko of their decision.

Mr. Wamakko had, alongside four of his fellow governors – Rabiu Kwankwaso of Kano, Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers, Murtala Nyako of Adamawa and Ahmed Abdulfatah of Kwara- announced in October their decision to defect to the APC.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/152914-breaking-news-27-30-sokoto-legislators-decamp-apc.html

5 Likes

Re: 90% Of Sokoto Legislators Decamp To APC by Tolexander: 1:48pm On Jan 08, 2014
Kilode?

3 Likes

Re: 90% Of Sokoto Legislators Decamp To APC by kel4soft: 1:51pm On Jan 08, 2014
Madness!
Re: 90% Of Sokoto Legislators Decamp To APC by justhelp(m): 1:54pm On Jan 08, 2014
Re: 90% Of Sokoto Legislators Decamp To APC by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jan 08, 2014
Welcome!
Re: 90% Of Sokoto Legislators Decamp To APC by ebucha: 2:06pm On Jan 08, 2014
Armored Personnel Carriers, APC
Arewa People Congress
Association of Political Criminals
GEJ till 2019
Omenka, you can "go and die"!

16 Likes

Re: 90% Of Sokoto Legislators Decamp To APC by Demdem(m): 2:13pm On Jan 08, 2014
Takeover now complete.
Sokoto no longer Pdp but APC State.

24 Likes

Re: 90% Of Sokoto Legislators Decamp To APC by donphilopus: 2:13pm On Jan 08, 2014
They don dey go, one by one!

1 Like

Re: 90% Of Sokoto Legislators Decamp To APC by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jan 08, 2014
Goodluck to them.... Aboki follow follow grin grin

12 Likes

Re: 90% Of Sokoto Legislators Decamp To APC by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jan 08, 2014
I pity the deputy governor.....well on a second thought, he may just be an implant in the Sokoto PDP to monitor things and report to the governor.

These Hausa/Fulani guys are deft politicians.

5 Likes

Re: 90% Of Sokoto Legislators Decamp To APC by Stunning007(m): 2:26pm On Jan 08, 2014
I think there is more to this pdp crises than meet the eyes.I think their is something they are not telling us.

11 Likes

Re: 90% Of Sokoto Legislators Decamp To APC by kel4soft: 2:59pm On Jan 08, 2014
donphilopus: They don dey go, one by one!

Reminds me of when your favourite football team is trailing while watching in a view centre. You about to take a leave only for opposing fans to be singing that song. Kind of annoying.

4 Likes

Re: 90% Of Sokoto Legislators Decamp To APC by Kairoseki77: 3:03pm On Jan 08, 2014
CHESSBOARD: Goodluck to them.... Aboki follow follow grin grin

This RACISM is why they are leaving.

Igbos are the pillar of Jona's administration indeed.

4 Likes

Re: 90% Of Sokoto Legislators Decamp To APC by donphilopus: 3:06pm On Jan 08, 2014
kel4soft:

Reminds me of when your favourite football team is trailing while watching in a view centre. You about to take a leave only for opposing fans to be singing that song. Kind of annoying.
Lol, it can be painful ehn!

1 Like

Re: 90% Of Sokoto Legislators Decamp To APC by mike404(m): 3:07pm On Jan 08, 2014
ilugunboy: I pity the deputy governor.....well on a second thought, he may just be an implant in the Sokoto PDP to monitor things and report to the governor.

our Hausa/Fulani masters are deft politicians.
FIXED
Re: 90% Of Sokoto Legislators Decamp To APC by Kairoseki77: 3:09pm On Jan 08, 2014
mike404: FIXED

This is why they are fleeing.

Do you think Northern politicians dont read NL? They see you.

2 Likes

Re: 90% Of Sokoto Legislators Decamp To APC by omenka(m): 3:11pm On Jan 08, 2014
ebucha: Armored Personnel Carriers, APC
Keep bashing ur head against the wall buddy. Stop when you see a blinding white light and you see yourself levitating. Thanx.

14 Likes

Re: 90% Of Sokoto Legislators Decamp To APC by Kairoseki77: 3:13pm On Jan 08, 2014
omenka: Keep bashing ur head against the wall buddy. Stop when you see a blinding white light and you see yourself levitating. Thanx.

Levitating, or being pulled down?
Re: 90% Of Sokoto Legislators Decamp To APC by OgologoDimkpa: 3:27pm On Jan 08, 2014
kel4soft: Madness!
Fits so much into this proverb: An evil man runs when no one is pursuing him grin

1 Like

Re: 90% Of Sokoto Legislators Decamp To APC by OgologoDimkpa: 3:28pm On Jan 08, 2014
CHESSBOARD: Goodluck to them.... Aboki follow follow grin grin

O ga-eme ndi ofe na anya fiam !
You should not joke with Hausa fulanis?
They are not a work over undecided

Ndi ofe will keep on being their slaves grin
The way they relegated them and their Islamic Religion is
the way it'll be in APC.

Mark my words cool!

4 Likes

Re: 90% Of Sokoto Legislators Decamp To APC by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 08, 2014
Old wines in new bottles.

3 Likes

Re: 90% Of Sokoto Legislators Decamp To APC by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jan 08, 2014
mike404: FIXED

Keep fixing....while those that matters in the PDP keep fleeing...

10 Likes

Re: 90% Of Sokoto Legislators Decamp To APC by akandea(m): 3:47pm On Jan 08, 2014
Play play play play this PDP/APC issue don dey pass be careful. I only wonder why the PDP are fighting their key members when they know they will still call for reconciliation.
What do they expect when they allow governors of large states to slip out of their hand forgetting that in nigerian politics, the governor decide what goes on in state party as the president dictate what goes in the nation party.
GEJ was a nobody in the PDP before he became the president but now who is the most powerful person in the party now. So same goes for the state governors bringing to mind the parable of the snail and the shell

3 Likes

Re: 90% Of Sokoto Legislators Decamp To APC by frodobee: 3:55pm On Jan 08, 2014
Funny enough Nairaland is decamping to APC.

12 Likes

Re: 90% Of Sokoto Legislators Decamp To APC by superior1: 3:55pm On Jan 08, 2014
Team Jona for life grin grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: 90% Of Sokoto Legislators Decamp To APC by nerodenero: 3:57pm On Jan 08, 2014
Stunning007: I think there is more to this pdp crises than meet the eyes.I think their is something they are not telling us.
Simply put, nothing last forever.

2 Likes

Re: 90% Of Sokoto Legislators Decamp To APC by NSNA: 3:57pm On Jan 08, 2014
If APC should loose the forth coming election that will be a shame

APC vs PDP https://www.nairaland.com/1583433/apc-vs-pdp-election
Re: 90% Of Sokoto Legislators Decamp To APC by patriotic007: 3:58pm On Jan 08, 2014
state house of assembly members are always dependant on the sitting Governors,...the other day we saw one kneeling down to his governor,.....For this reason they are tools in the hands of the Governors and therefore would follow such Governor even into a dish,....The sokoto deputy Governor refused to follow and that is what i call political maturity

6 Likes

Re: 90% Of Sokoto Legislators Decamp To APC by Eneze1(f): 3:59pm On Jan 08, 2014
following the multitude which doesn't change the kind of person they are, whether apc or pdp or whatever

5 Likes

Re: 90% Of Sokoto Legislators Decamp To APC by OgologoDimkpa: 4:00pm On Jan 08, 2014
frodobee: Funny enough Nairaland is decamping to APC.
Na today sad?
They are gradually becoming partisan which does not speak well of them sad
They ought to be very neutral and be balanced in their reportage i.e topics
that hits the front page.
It is one sided these days and does not speak well of the site.

3 Likes

Re: 90% Of Sokoto Legislators Decamp To APC by patriotic007: 4:00pm On Jan 08, 2014
ilugunboy:

Keep fixing....while those that matters in the PDP keep fleeing...
Those that matter my behind,....Did the sokoto deputy Governor decamp?

1 Like

Re: 90% Of Sokoto Legislators Decamp To APC by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:01pm On Jan 08, 2014
PDP is falling down
falling down
PDP is collapsing
come 2015

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PDP Extends Makarfi Led Caretaker Committee By 12 Months. PICTURES. / Setup A Negotiation Team Before August 1st - Edwin Clark Warns FG / Owhorkire Rhino: "Is APC A Cult Group?" Ex UNIPORT SUG President Asks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.