Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,958 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? (26108 Views)

Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? / Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? / That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Profayo: 9:39am On Jan 09, 2014
A question just came to my mind recently,WHY DO PREACHERS RARELY TAKE PREACHING TOPICS FROM SONGS OF SOLOMON? I rarely hear preachers take quotations from that part of the bible.
I think its probably because it's the most "uncensored" part of the bible or what do you think?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Nobody: 9:45am On Jan 09, 2014
because they are smart fraudsters. they also avoid Genesis 6:1-4

15 Likes

Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by badmeat(m): 9:52am On Jan 09, 2014
You want make pastors start to phuk people wife

11 Likes

Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by WHees(m): 2:25pm On Jan 09, 2014
Dp
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by WHees(m): 5:24pm On Jun 28, 2014
People are already complaining about intermingling of sexes in the church, women dressed half unclad or wore shape-revealing clothes to churches, many times the xtians confess on hooking up from there to later indulge in debauchery, the pastors are also not safe, those ladies arouse their libido leading them to monkey business. If pastors shall address the sheepie's quoting passages depicting women breast like fawns and the sweetness of their love-making more delightful than wine, even a prude will gain notoriety and try to quench that curiosity in the wrong place.

I think song of solomon can only exarcebate the situation.

10 Likes

Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Rilwayne001: 9:07pm On Jun 28, 2014
"We have a little sister, and she hath no breasts ... But my breasts [are] like towers." 8:8-10

"He shall lie all night betwixt my breasts." 1:13

"Thy two breasts are like two young roes that are twins." 4:5

" Come ... blow upon my garden, grin grin that the spices thereof may flow out . Let my beloved come into his garden, and eat his pleasant fruits." 4:16
OMG Mouth Action in the buybull grin

^^all this verses got me grin grin grin

44 Likes

Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by proo212(m): 8:34am On Jun 29, 2014
They avoid it because Mohammed is mentioned in Songs 5:16...

grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Nobody: 9:20am On Jun 29, 2014
because pentecostal christianity is a scam, pastors extract chapters and verses that suit their dubious charisma & mind control agenda.
they tell you the old testament laws are no longer applicable, but they go to malachi to preach the law of tithe.
notice they also avoid Matthew 24:5 "many will come in my name, claiming i sent them, doing miracle...etc"

17 Likes

Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by wunmite90: 9:20am On Jun 29, 2014
Y do u love posting things like this on Sunday?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by ggrin(f): 9:20am On Jun 29, 2014
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by 190: 9:20am On Jun 29, 2014
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by GoodBoi1(m): 9:21am On Jun 29, 2014
Do they avoid it? Or does it relate with the sermon?

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by femi4: 9:23am On Jun 29, 2014
No wonder Nl got hacked

20 Likes

Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by jieta: 9:24am On Jun 29, 2014
WHξξ∟s:
People are already complaining about intermingling of sexes in the church, women dressed half unclad or wore shape-revealing clothes to churches, many times the xtians confess on hooking up from there to later indulge in debauchery, the pastors are also not safe, those ladies arouse their libido leading them to monkey business. If pastors shall address the sheepie's quoting passages depicting women breast like fawns and the sweetness of their love-making more delightful than wine, even a prude will gain notoriety and try to quench that curiosity in the wrong place.

I think song of solomon can only exarcebate the situation.
for close to five years now 've been reading comment and post on nairaland and this topic keep making front page. there are other topic that need to be brought to front page not recycling one post year after year

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by obayaya(m): 9:25am On Jun 29, 2014
Rilwayne001: "We have a little sister, and she hath no breasts ... But my breasts [are] like towers." 8:8-10

^^this verse got me grin grin grin

Hahaha..

That verse eh.. lipsrsealed

King Solomon na bad guy grin

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Nobody: 9:26am On Jun 29, 2014
proo212: They avoid it because Mohammed is mentioned in Songs 5:16...

grin grin

Hahhahahah see "BIG" fool

"His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, o daughters of jerusalam."

Where is mohammed there? grin

45 Likes

Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Nobody: 9:27am On Jun 29, 2014
obayaya:

Hahaha..

That verse eh.. lipsrsealed

King Solomon na bad guy grin

Senator good morning o..
Where is Jb?
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by amiskurie(m): 9:28am On Jun 29, 2014
Sitting!
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by saintneo(m): 9:28am On Jun 29, 2014
Songs of Solomon is meant for married couples I guess. This book, I believe is meant to keep the attraction between a husband and wife.

11 Likes

Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 29, 2014
I made FP!

@Topic, this book is a shadow of Christ's love for the church. It should be taken figuratively, and not literarily.
The problem is many shallow christians are fond of misinterpreting this lovely book.

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by EddyNumerouno(m): 9:30am On Jun 29, 2014
First to book space
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by maximunimpact(m): 9:30am On Jun 29, 2014
Prayers will take u to the LORD but.........
But trespassing this space will make it faster!

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Tovot: 9:30am On Jun 29, 2014
There is nothing uncensored about sos . There are songs of love and preachers use them
if they are not good, they ld not be in the bible in the first place. Its just peoms of love na.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Dannylux: 9:31am On Jun 29, 2014
Because it's 'Songs Of Solomon'.
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by digitite: 9:31am On Jun 29, 2014
Cause they are not poetic and their minds swelled by verses where they can cite to collect more money. In fact, the songs of Solomon are often cited by Jewish Rabbi's for deep introspection on love.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by obayaya(m): 9:31am On Jun 29, 2014
San Miguel:

Senator good morning o..
Where is Jb?

Chief Good morning!!!

I never see JB since the rapture o embarassed

How was your night sir?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Nobody: 9:32am On Jun 29, 2014
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by sugaarbear(m): 9:32am On Jun 29, 2014
Thats cus they sermons they presach on doesnt give references to the book of solomonwink

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by RichDad1(m): 9:33am On Jun 29, 2014
Booked.
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Dragonking: 9:35am On Jun 29, 2014
Because no matter how hard they try to manipulate songs of solomon, the truth will still be exposed and their fraudulent ways revealed hence they just avoid it.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Nobody: 9:35am On Jun 29, 2014
Your Pastor u mean? @OP
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Nobody: 9:36am On Jun 29, 2014
NL don die, all these MOD for NL nah sadiest! grin

See topic wey make front page on "SUNDAY" God pls rescue those BK that wnt to Ridicule u cool

Seun dont open u eyes and see u good works go down the drain. cool

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

7 Reasons Youths Go To Church / The Rapture Of The Church - Ron Graham / Prophet Olujobi: Osinbajo Will Be President In 2023. Kanu, Igboho To Be Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.